Mother of Magic. She created nature,
and with it a race of immortals.
The first of many sentient beings.

The Note Worthy..

To his discontent, Daea helplessly
watched as his siblings encroached
upon his domain. So then he to created.
His demons were set upon the land of
existence. Staining it with Sin and War.

The Hexborne...

And so it was that the ancient rivalry
was created. Immortal and Mortal,
forever they would be destined to
clash...~

Welcome players to the world of EH (Endless Horizons)!

I, Anri

and my Fellow, Hilter

would like to formally introduce you to our fantastic RP!

This is Altai, a land that is, for the most part, unexplored.

BUT

before we get to far into that, why don't we have a quick history lesson?

~Daeia, God of Oblivion, ruled over the endless abyss that was reality and staring deep within the blackest of pits he found content. Eons passed before his brother Raelohn, God of Consciousness, awoke feeling empty and with a thought let forth the river of time which slowly trickled into a great stream and from that stream came Creation. Understanding that Creation and Nothingness could not coincide, he created a mighty Palace between the planes separating them forever with a perpetual inferno.

For a time, Raelohn pondered at existence finding only displeasure as it was incomplete, yet as time marched on nothing ever came of it but frustration.

It was then that Alaeirah, sister to Daeia and Raelohn as well as the Mother of Magic and Life, awoke molding the foundation set by her brother giving Creation form in her own image. Finally, Raelohn could look upon existence finding content that was only known by his brother at the time and soon returned to his eternal slumber.

Daeia became infuriated by his siblings meddling as he looked upon existence with utter disgust as the stately march of time continued to bastardize his precious abyss until he no longer recognized it. It was in that moment he swore to cast Raelohn's work into the void reclaiming the Nothingness he once enjoyed. To carry out this plan he created Five Demons known as the Mortals, unleashing them upon Creation to erase all that Alaeirah cared so deeply for.

However, Daeia did not for see Alaeirah accepting the Demons so readily with her endless love, thus connecting them eternally to the wellspring of Magic. They rejected their former Master's orders, joining Alaeirah in Harmony and Peace, and in that moment The World was at peace and Demons and immortals lived together as equals.

But it was not meant to be...

A millenium passed, and, after what can only be described as a Genocide, the Note Worthy were all but erased from existence. Chaos took hold, and for a long time it looked to be that no man would see peace, that war and hatred was the destiny the mortals had been given.

But as all things do, even this time of conflict ended, peace returned to the mortal realms, and the Note Worthy faded into a simple legend...

The continent known as Altai is primarily ruled over by the five mortal races created by Daea long ago. Each race has, over time, constructed themselves seemingly impenetrable fortress Cities and named them their capitol's.

Lucresians: A strange race of half human half beast, known as beast kin by some. In certain areas this is considered a derogatory title. Their origins are unknown, but it is suspected that they were not one of the original Five Mortal races.

Their homeland is covered in hillsides and quiet knolls, with most Lucresians preferring a farming style of living. For this reason, the Lucresians have no real Cities outside of the main capitol, preferring to live in isolated houses surrounded in farmland or lush fields either alone, or with close family.

The only true large meeting Lucresians have is during the Festival of Gathering held at every full moon. Lucresians hold a large potluck for this event and it is often accompanied by a night of revels and excess.

The main Capitol of the Lucresian race is known as Lucris, the Beastial Citadel (see map)

Average lifespan: 90- 120 years

The Humans: This race is the most corrupted and warlike of the five, and have been known to instigate many of the wars in the past 300 years. These are humans in the regular sense, they are found throughout all of the land, but are most common in and around their main capitol of Anmel, Palace of Kings. It is at this place that the human leaders conduct most of their diplomacy.

Average lifespan: 60 - 80 years

Keeton (kitsune): An illusive race of fox like humanoids, separate from the Lucresians. They are the most peaceful and curious of the five races, yet have been known to be the most honorable. This characteristic has led them to many unneeded wars.

For the most part keetons exist withing Nomadic tribal communities on their home Island of Aeo, but some chose to take the dangerous expedition eastward for hopes of joining in adventure and riches.

The keeton race has produced many scholars, most of which have revolutionized many technologies and evolved many social ideas. It is very rare to find a Keeton of Sub par intelligence.

Their Capitol is known as Aeoni, The Great Oak, home to their sovereign leader, the Queens of Roses.

Averag life span: 170 - 220 years

Die Jaeger: A race of Juggernauts, the Die Jaeger are the most similar to the human race with only a few major differences between them. The Die Jaeger have a darker skin tone than most humans, appearing to have a natural dark tan to their skin that varies from bronze-ish to charcoal. They are also significantly stronger and more durable due to larger bones and a significant Cartilage and muscle layer that dwarfs their human counter parts. The Die Jaeger also hold a significant sense advantage on humans, however it is still a medium level perception level when compared to the other races. Die Jaeger are especially sensitive to the blood of Lucresians, Keetons, and wild beasts. The reason for this is unknown.

The Die Jaeger society is ruled by a strict religious Sect based atop the lofty 'Spires of the Pure'. This seemingly unassailable religious symbol and military citadel is the very center of Die Jaeger society, and the only land known to be claimed by them. The Die Jaeger have no citizenry, believing that your worth is shown through your fighting strength. Every Die Jaeger is a part of some faction of the military, even children are considered military wards. It is the sole purpose of the Die Jaeger to 'cleanse' the world of Beasts and their kin, for this reason their relations with the Lucresian and Keeton Races are edgy at best.

Average Lifespan: 90 - 120 years

The Iroans: Arguably the strangest of all five races. The Iroans have no naturaly body, but are instead bound to pure rock minerals upon birth. The individual strength of an Iroan is heavily reliant on how much mineral he or she was allotted at birth. Once bound to a metal, Iroans can shapeshift freely, taking whatever form is most comfortable for their particular mineral to exist in.

Iroans prefer to be moved by others, or remain still. For they must actively shape shift in order to move independently. For this reason most Iroans take the form of weapons or light armor, literally hitching a ride with whatever wanderer happens upon them.

Iroans do not speak in the traditional sense, but are instead capable of projecting their thoughts outward. They can chose to share or hide their thoughts at will, and can only be heard from within ten feet of their bodies.

The Iroan Capitol is known as Iro, Claim of the Iron King.

Average life span: 300- 350 years

At what is known as the Center of the World lies the mighty city of Caiator. It is here that representatives from every nation gather to discuss plans towards conquest of the new world. It is the Duty of the council to keep peace between the nations and focus all possible resources towards the ultimate goal of their organization, finding the edge of the world. For this reason the council has been given the power to right laws that all nations must obey, and for the most part, have been given full control of each nations military.

Councilors can be elected at any time, and only one Representative can exist for any one race at a given moment. If two thirds of any race call for a vote, then a vote for a new councilor is held, and the current councilor is temporarily evicted whilst the Council is frozen for the duration of the voting period. Being unable to act on any matters until a replacement councilor is voted in.

There is one more thing we have to cover before we jump into the story however, and that is, as you probably guessed (or didn't?)

Only two forms of magician exist, one of which is believed to have been slaughtered long ago;

The first is the Noteworthy, having been created by the Goddess Alaeirah along with magic itself, the Note Worthy have within them latent magical ability. Unlike the other group, the Note Worthy are a race of creatures that upon death are 'reborn' in the heart of their mother Alaeirah. There bodies boast a strong resistance to magical energies and they are known to be able to master multiple schools. This means two things.

1: The Note Worthy are the strongest of the two mage groups, and can cast stronger spells for longer durations

2: Note worthy can cast both mind, body, and spirit magic simultaneously.

The Second is the Hexborne, they are mortal mages, given the power by the Mark of the hex which appears on their body at the point they were granted magical energy. No mortal is born a Hexborne (Ironic?) and must be granted the power by another Hexborne. The power is transferred through blood, and upon transference the recipient is judged in three areas. Mind, Body, and Spirit. If the three are not in balance, than the recipients memories are destroyed, and they are turned into what can mostly be likened to a zombie. Other than this their are two things to be noted about the Hexborne

1:Their spells are weaker and finish sooner than note worthy spells (for the most part) yet the Hex borne can build a resistance to magic over time by using spells and the such. This causes them to have near infinite capabilities, however over use of magic can cause a Hexborne to go into overdrive, literally causing them to explode in a huge magical pulse wave. (it is messy)

The three schools of magic are as follows:

Body: This school effects the physical cells of the lifeforms in the world. It cannot be used on inanimate objects (can't move rocks or things made by Raelohn) This magic allows you to bend or alter the shape or form of plants and other creatures, you can even use it to harden your skin or weaken your enemies bones. However other body magic users of equal or greater strength have a resistance to this. Easily the strongest of the schools (looking for a way to nerf, for now I'll just keep tabs on it)

Mind: This School effects the thought or perceptions of other living entities. It is used to cast illusions, heighten your senses, or lower your opponents reaction speeds. Laying an illusion on an opponent usually takes time and careful planning, easily the most challenging of the schools.

Spirit: This magic is less tangible than it's partners. For it effects spirit energy, something that exists in all beings, through the means of blessings and curses. It is one of the more effective heal schools, for it is a individuals spirit that determines the speed in which they heal (shut up science). This school is more of a support type that casts buffs on your allies and debuffs on your enemies. Most spells last quite a long duration and effect targets in an aoe style.

Other stuff:

Magic is supposed to be a mysterious place where you get creative and have fun, for this reason I have left a lot open to your own devices. Have fun with this.

**Note**

Note Worthy are a plot device, and for the current time are not open for regular players as characters.

The Story:

It has been 25 years since the formation of the council and much of the world has been
successfully charted. However, despite these leaps in exploration much of the world remains un-colonized due to a variety of preventative factors. IE: Dragons, strange magical mists, Monsters, Giants walls of flame, impassable mountain ranges. Ya know, average fantasy stuff.

One of the few areas unexplored by the Council's fleets is a place known as the Ocean of Mystery. Every expedition sent into this strange mist covered mass of land and sea has gone inexplicably missing. So, out of desperation the Council has called on the help of a more experienced sea fairer to find a way to eliminate this strange mist.

The Infamous Captain Myrrh Ghyrratino. A Keeton woman rumored to be the most powerful mind magician in existence. After a few under the counter exchanges her and her crew accepted the offer graciously and soon found themselves in the Port city of Kemnar. It is here that she enlisted a small group of rookie sailors to help with the journey (the players).

The Roleplay will pick up about 2 weeks into the journey, by this time the crew has already ventured deep into the Mist covered sea of Mystery...

Oh an one more thing:

Name:

Race:

Physical Description: Pictures are fine.

Past: Please go into as much detail as possible. (this is my favorite part)

Personality:

Magical school of choice: Body, mind, or Spirit No one will start with the ability to cast spells, however you will get it shortly, upon being turned you will be bound to a specific school. Pick your preferred school!

Summary of Physical Strengths/Weaknesses:

We are now accepting Cs's please feel free to pm me or my Co gm Hilter Skilter with any questions you may have :). (I can even help with writers block!)

Credit for Map template goes to the following:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Blank-Fantasy-Map-60508185

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
I really like the idea so far; especially the details in the map and the different races! It's obvious that you and your friend have put a lot of effort and mind into this! Would you mind if I join after you finish it? (^w^) (I'm planning to be either an Iroan or a Keeton~ (if I get accepted at all, that is).)

I really like the idea so far; especially the details in the map and the different races! It's obvious that you and your friend have put a lot of effort and mind into this! Would you mind if I join after you finish it? (^w^) (I'm planning to be either an Iroan or a Keeton~ (if I get accepted at all, that is).)

This is fantastic to hear!

I am almost done setting it up anyways. All I need to do is finish to basic story and magic section :)

Please feel free to post a cs whenever you can!

Edit: I checked your Resume and it seems sound :).

This Rp is a mix between fantasy and anime with a more realistic feel too it :)

This is fantastic to hear!

I am almost done setting it up anyways. All I need to do is finish to basic story and magic section :)

Please feel free to post a cs whenever you can!

I'm glad! Just a question - what should the CS contain? (I may post it tomorrow or the day after.)

I'm glad! Just a question - what should the CS contain? (I may post it tomorrow or the day after.)

Just wait for me to post up a cs sheet, should be done shortly.

Edit: Sheet is up

Reactions: 2 people
Thank you for noticing our hard work. You are now my number 1 favorite person on this website.

• Thank You
Greetings interested players, I believe it is time that I layed down some rules.

Get ready for this:

1: This will be a realistic, yet immature role play. Physics breaking shenanigans are a no go, but accidental panty shots are a yes please.

2: This is a no butt hurt zone, please leave your shoes at the door, IE: Opinions on religion, politics, or worldly matters; sensitivity to slurrs, racism, or prejudiced; or any drama you may be holding onto between another player, or the shitty day you were having. If you want to bring these matters up bring them up with me or Hilter in private. If you make a public ordeal of anything I or him deem unnecessary you will be asked to leave, and possibly reported to an admin if you refuse. We are not here to suffocate your feelings, but keep them private, because no one wants to see an ooc full of bitching.

3: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES bring the ooc into the ic. These areas are seperate, just because you feel something does not mean your character should, and just because you know something does not mean your character should be able to have that knowledge as well. This coincides with the realism rule. If their is no tangible reason for your character to feel an emotion, or to have specific knowledge, then they won't have it. If myself or Hilter witness any of this you will be expected to edit your post in a relevant fashion.

4: Do not GM. Just because someone has broken a rule does not mean everyone should dog pile them. Trust in me and Hilter to deal with punishment. We are both very agreeable and in most circumstances the issue can be talked out rather than fought over. Trust me, you butting in WILL NOT help us solve the problem, it may even make it worst. We appreciate the thought, but ask for you to keep your mouth shut on these matters. (reporting someone to us in private is fine however.)

5: Be nice, and do not take constructive criticism the wrong way. If you are a veteran player take the time to patiently guide newer writers down the path of fantastic development and description, do not get frustrated and angry if you see what you believe to be a sub standard post. Try explaining to the person in private and offer them help, or inform one of us and we can help them grow and establish their own writing style. Vice versa, be open to criticism and try to understand that the person asking you too do better is only trying to help. If you feel their opinion is wrong than come ask Hilter and I, we would be glad to point you in the "write" direction (hee hee :P)

6: Have fun, get immersed in the world, and if you find yourself out of inspiration half way through do not be afraid to tell us. If it does end up with you leaving me or hilter will gladly help you develop a proper ending for your character. Do not feel ashamed because you just aren't feeling it. This happens to everyone and we will be understanding. This is a judgement free zone :).

Welll, that's is finally over. If you feel that some of the rules are unfair in any way please contact me or Hilter and we will be happy to discuss it with you :)

Have good Play,

Sincerely A.

Reactions: 2 people
Also, our OOC will most likely be an active one. At times it may edge towards mature or offensive themes, keep this in mind when joining

This has been edited.

Well, I'm done with the sheet~ All that's left is the drawing/sketch/something (please do me a favour and when I post the drawing, close your left eye, then your right eye and imagine it as something really beautiful (^u^);. If not, you'd probably wish you were blind. I dunno, at least I would.).

Name: Ghalor. He doesn't have a surname, as he has never learnt whether he has parents or not and would prefer to find them(if he could at all) instead of making his own or inheriting someone else's.

Gender: Unknown of gender, but is preferred to be addressed as 'he'.

Race: Iroan.

Physical Description: (Picture in process.) He appears to be in a reddish-gray colour, as the mineral substance he contains is Germanite. The main elements it contains (descending, by amount) are Copper, Sulfide, Germanium and Iron, making it an impure, but rare mineral. Thanks to the elements he contains, Ghalor is very tough and strong, as well as useful as armour and weaponry. As for his form, it cannot be described, since it changes every day or more often and doesn't look particularly as anything.

Something to be noted about his body is that there are two roundish holes on a not-so-far distance of each other in a horizontal line in the front of, what's supposed to be, his head and a triangular hole on the same distance below them, again, in the front of his 'head'. He uses the two roundish holes as vision and the triangular one - as scent. Another interesting fact regarding his senses is that he doesn't feel the different materials (flesh, cloth, etc. Ghalor can't feel if something is soft, prickly, hard and so on.), nor can he taste, as he doesn't have a hole or anything like that for a mouth. But he is capable of hearing through his whole body, as it is cracked almost everywhere you could see and the sound waves get to him through the cracks. And (why, another fact~) yet another thing about his senses is that he sees everything in brownish shades, so he can't differ different colours; and his sense of smell is much weaker than any other mortal/immortal of the races. It's unknown whether it's just him or there's someone else from the same race with such 'problems'. BUT(T) His hearing abilities are much better than most of the races, as the slightest trace of sound gets through any part of his body.

A thing about his organs is that he doesn't have any. Therefore he doesn't need to breathe, eat, drink and so on. But he can feel exhaustion and his daily cycle is similar to that of the other races - around 8 hours sleep and through the rest of the time he is awake. (Please note that I am not very fond of Iroans and don't know that much about them, so there may be many mistakes in what I've written so far or write later on about my character from that particular race.)

And a last thing about his physics (or not) is that he shapes his form into mostly armour, as he prefers protecting and defending to attacking, and despises violence.

Past: It was much before the beginning of the latest peaceful age of Altai that Ghalor was born in the northest part of Iro, not far from the coast. It was a pretty rare sight for an Iroan to be born of a mineral, containing something as rare as Germanium. Germanite - an impure mineral, containing 4 main elements and a few side ones, which are not as important as to even mention them. Ghalor's birth was something quite usual at sight, but incredible as the mineral he's made of is extremely rare.

Ever since then he has wondered how he came to life. Ghalor had thought that a female from his race has given him birth, just like with the other races. But he did not regard that he is an Iroan, a mineral creature that is far more different than the other species. And so, he thought he had 'parents' - a caring mother and a loving father, who had taken care of him. But that was all in his imagination, in his thoughts, and nothing proves that that is the truth.

A notible thing about him (and probably the other Iroans) is that he can live a long life and doesn't age, as he is not capable of that. That is why he has never changed in the quality of his mineral ever since he had come to life. And the things he had done from then onward was research. Only research. You would see him observing the other races, including his own, or watching the Note Worthy training their expert-level magic. He has always wanted to be a part of those amazing mages, but it was not allowed for them to personally teach him. That is why they explained what are the three magic schools and let him on his way, as they 'were too busy'.

Ghalor thought that magic was a really useful thing t learn, as it would aid him in the search of his parents. The thing he did not know was where to start, since he didn't know what they look like or anything like that. He did not know if they even existed. The research he made on Iroans did not help him learn how they were born. Asking the others of his kind didn't either.

The Germanite Iroan was quite interested in Spirit magic. All he knew about it is that it's used mainly for healing and helping others, just the use he wanted to have. He knwe it'd be useful in his journey, so he greatly wanted to study it and was headed on the way to the Spirit Magical School.

Personality: Ghalor is, so to say, a very cautious creature. He may not have enough knowledge stored from his years of existence, therefore he is careful in everything he does, since he may do the exact opposite of what he wants or the consequences could be fatal. Even though he claims he doesn't know much about anything, he is very wise. He takes as much time as he needs to make a decision or think about something and he ends up almost always wise. But that could also be the wrong thing to do, since each and every second is important and he loses a lot of time just in thoughts. Something to keep in mind about him is that he's not the social type. You'd rarely see him communicating with someone, just because he does not feel comfortable around others and from time to time feels insecure. And probably because of his lack of vocal chords. It's not healthy for him to keep a distance from other living beings, as he usually does, since he gets lonely from time to time and can't think properly when he feels that certain mix of emotions like... sadness, grief, solitude, maybe even lost. As much as he wants to find friends, he isn't capable of doing that or he hasn't observed enough about that. He thinks that when he finds a friend, he'll keep them dear and never leave them. He feels that destiny may find him a friend for life, who he can protect and take care of. He claims he'll be loyal to that one first friend he finds. He KNOWS he will be loyal to that certain being. Due to his feeling of loneliness, he easily gets attached to people he has just socialised with. So, those who want to just tell him 'hi' and be nice to him, keep in mind that very soon Ghalor'll cling to you and never leave your side, even if he annoys you a lot and you try to get rid of him.

Magical school of choice: As stated above, he wants to learn Spirit magic. The first spell he wants to learn is a healing one and he is looking forward to starting his studying and aiding his comrades in the upcoming adventures.

Summary of Physical Strengths/Weaknesses: His strengths include his hearing ability, the lack of exterior feeling(as he can't feel physical pain on the outside), his toughness, his cautious nature, the knowledge he has stored and his loyalty. The weaknesses are the lack in taste, one-colour-shade vision, lack of scent, the time he takes to make a decision or think about something, his insecure and asocial personality and sometimes his wish to protect someone and help them may lead to some unpleasant situations, such as that particular someone getting annoyed, leaving Ghalor, an argument and so on.

I repeat again, there may be many inaccuracies in my character sheet, regarding the race/s and world and so on. Please notify me if there are any problems with it~ (°w°) (I hope it's not as bad and I apologise for the lack of information at some parts and the too-much-info at others(which may be rather useless to most.))

1: never too much info, do not worry about that.

2: Fantastic cs, Iroans live for about 650 to 700 years and do not age physically during that time either (no body cough cough).

3: Very nice detail and very cool back story I like this character a lot and other than a few awkward wordings here and there your cs was beautifully written.

4: It is good that he is picking spiritual magic; firstly Iroan's are the best at learning that school, and secondly, they are the most susceptible to it. For their true bodies can be affected by this magic. However if your character gains this magic he will be able to defend against it more effectively.

In summary, great cs, your character is accepted and stuff.

• Thank You
@Anri, OH MY GOODNESS THANK YOU VERY MUCH I OFFICIALLY LOVE YOU I'm very thankful for your kind words and that I managed to get some facts right without even knowing them at that time~ Again, thank you!

Reactions: Ner0
Now we wait..

Oh where art thou interested parties?

Shalt thee never be entertained with

thine wisdom and love? All Thy

wishes to experience is a swell in interest

and yet

none has a occured.

Perhaps private invitations are in order...

Hmm, I suggest you advertise it in the website. I'm sure that then a lot of people would be very interested! I mean, it's hard to find such detailed roleplays these days~

I shall investigate!

*goes all sherlock holmes up in this biatch*

Ohhh, the banner. Well, it can be without a banner, but it'd take too long for Diana to check it... I suggest you cut a part of the map with that size (800x100, was it?) and write the title of the roleplay with a spiral font or something curly~ I think that'd work juuust fine!

Ohhh, the banner. Well, it can be without a banner, but it'd take too long for Diana to check it... I suggest you cut a part of the map with that size (800x100, was it?) and write the title of the roleplay with a spiral font or something curly~ I think that'd work juuust fine!

Alas, I would not be able to be satisfied with just that. No, I have submitted a banner request at the Art Gallery and am awaiting a response with baited breath!

Alas, I would not be able to be satisfied with just that. No, I have submitted a banner request at the Art Gallery and am awaiting a response with baited breath!

That's great! I hope they come up with a banner as magnificent as the roleplay details! (I'm acting too smothly and greasy and should stop, although I simply can't... Excuse me about that! (.-.))

Reactions: Ner0
Bwahahaha!

Smother on that grease hun!

I've always wanted to be a greaser

(well, not really, But I could give it a try!)

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.