Ending the Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The group would follow Prox, the small fairy occasionally stopping to look toward the sky for a few moments before continuing. The land rarely seemed to change much, the occasional hill, tree, bush, each covered in various unique looking flowers or glowing leaves, some covered in fruit. However there wasnt many buildings that could be seen. However as the sun neared the horizon the group would start to be able to see a rather large hill off in the distance.
Prox stopped and said, "I think we should take a break here. We can make it tomorrow." There wasn't much around, in terms of food there was fruit around. There wasn't a forest, rabbit hole, or even little nests around for animals; interestingly animals seemed to avoid the area as the group wouldn't have seen an animal for most of the day.

With them finally stopping for the night Reia quickly made her way over to the nearest bush and started to pick off her fill. Once collected she sat down and started to eat. "Walking all day sucks, especially since I was taken while getting ready to eat my dinner. I'll be happy to sleep finally, though sleeping under the open sky will be very odd."

Following behind Prox, the slow pace was actually fairly good for Dan. There wasn't much pain anymore, more of a dull ache really, and the almost casual walk was refreshing and calming. The new sights were also something he didn't mind taking in as they were almost the polar opposite of the dark, dull underground "cities" he was used to. Sure, some of them were lit up in a thousand colors by the myriad of lights, but it all felt so artificial unlike this. He sighed a bit, but cleared his head with a shake and refocused on the scenery the group was walking past.

Stifling a yawn when Prox finally announced the group would be stopping for the night, Dan would have liked to do nothing more than grab some shut-eye. Still… if the pack of wolves were any indication, he'd have to be just as careful here as he was at home. "So, who's going to take the first watch? I'll do it if none of you are up for it." Granted, there wasn't much around the area they'd stopped for the night, but Dan didn't want to wake up with fangs around his neck. After putting forth the idea, he wandered over to the bush Reia had picked from and took some of the fruit as well. She seemed to have an idea of what was safe at the least.

MB thought about the mohawk guy's (Dan's–he really had to start remembering these names) question. After what had happened with the wolves, MB didn't exactly want to put himself in the spotlight any more than he already was, and he didn't want to be the one in trouble if the group was attacked. On the other hand, it would look like he was trying to be unhelpful if he said he shouldn't be the one to keep watch. That was the last thing he needed.

In the end, MB decided to keep quiet. If someone volunteered him or themselves, great, and someone would eventually have to say it. He looked over at some of the bushes without really focusing on them.

Alex was feeling a little less confident with himself about whether he'd be useful at all with this group. At least he was strong, so that would be a good thing sometime he was sure. He looked around as Prox suggested they could stay where they were for the night and looked at all the others. He wore only his clothes and held nothing else, while some of the others had weapons and other things. Well, didn't matter much he guessed. Maybe he could find something else useful to do. As he was contemplating this, he heard someone mentioning taking watch.

"I can take the first watch," he offered, since he wasn't that tired at all yet and hadn't done much in the fight earlier. He looked around and rubbed his neck. "Should we set up a schedule for a second watch? I mean, don't wanna have to wake up everyone, and can't have one person dead on their feet tomorrow on the rest of the walk."

Reia adjusted so that the others could gather up some for themselves. It was enough, sure they couldn't live on it but it would tide their bodies over and ultimately that was all that was needed right now.
"I'll take second watch. I'm used to only getting a few hours of sleep." She stated when the questions of watches and second watches were brought up. Two watches would be all that was really necessary in the end.

"So I suppose while we are all gathered around and we don't really need to sleep right now, why don't we talk a bit about where we are from. I'm from Gaia, I don't really like talking about where in Gaia because people who know the area get...a little creeped out. Pretty much I've been traveling for most of my life, haven't made it to the Blood sea yet, but I have seen the Far coast." She glanced around, hoping someone will open up, other wise tonight will be quite silent.

In the silence of the area, MB felt like everyone was staring at someone else, waiting for someone to say something in response to...Reia. Yeah, that was her name. He figured everyone else either found this conversation unnecessary, as he did, or felt nervous about being the first to respond. In an attempt to put himself in a slightly more favorable light, he decided he might as well go first.

"I'm from Citar. Not much to say about it, really. I doubt you guys would like it all that much, but hey, maybe you would." MB fell silent, hoping he hadn't failed miserably. He remembered something his brother had told him once: "How would we know what it's like living in Citar? Not like we go outside and actually live there all that often. As long as I have a comfy couch, video games, and a roof over my head, I could live in a black hole for all I care." MB had completely agreed, and still did. A sharp pang hit him, and he told himself that he had to stop brooding. TB was a smart guy; he could take care of himself no matter where he went. Right? Right. With that thought, MB did his best to stop thinking about it.

Visica stretched slightly, although she hadn't been fighting she still felt a bit of an ache in her muscles from the tension of the previous situation. Looking around, Visica noticed the lack of animals which she felt was strange seeing as they were seemingly out in the wild. She watched as some of the others gathered berries from the bush nearby and soon made her way over and gathered some as well before going back over and sitting down with the rest of the group. Reia had initiated a conversation about where everyone was from which Visica was interested in seeing as she's never really seen the other worlds.

"Hmm....well, I'm from Syina which is where we currently are....I've spent most of my life in a fairly large town with my mothers, funnily enough today was my birthday and I was brought to you all when I was enjoying my birthday meal..." She chuckled slightly, reaching for a berry in her lap and eating it slowly.

Silence followed Visica's remark, and MB rose his eyebrows. So absolutely no one was going to say something? It was just plain awkward sitting around and staring at each other. Once again, MB felt compelled to say something. Since this "conversation" was going so badly, he decided he would end it. "Okay, how about we go to sleep early? Then we can be more awake tomorrow."

MB didn't wait for an answer before lying down on the ground and sighing. He had never seen the sky look quite like this before, so clear and simple. Then again, it had been a while since he'd looked at the sky in the first place. He looked over at the others once more before closing his eyes.

The group did indeed go to sleep, there wasnt much to comment on, at least not until half way into the second watch when with a loud 'crack' the ground was replaced by one of Gaia's forests. Waking the others up wouldn't be needed as the crack would have woken all but the heaviest sleepers.
A head count however placed half the group gone, Zara, Danial, Alex, and Catherine were all gone.

"Th...they aren't dead..." Prox stated weakly. "Just on Gaia...somewhere..."

Reia, who felt comfortable in the forest but didnt really feel comfortable saying anything since she didnt know what to say, opted to hunt some food for breakfast.

[[[The others arent 'dead', and upon returning will be returned to the story...somehow >->
In the interest of giving the rp a kick start again, I'll move us all on slightly]]]

After eating, or rather after cooking as they could eat on the walk, the group started off again. They went through the forest, passing by dazed creatures which were still trying to figure out what just happened. Once they cleared the forest however they were greeted by the sight that the hill they were walking toward was actually what looked to be an upturned mountain.
The walk toward the mountain took nearly all day, and the closer they got the more they heard an echo which sounded almost like thunder on the distance but always came with shaking of the ground.

By the time they were close enough to tell what was going on it was dusk and the sun had nearly fully set.
A massive village at the top of the mountain was currently clearly burning, though to be fair noone was really in that villiage as standing there would be difficult what with the 'floors' being the 'wall' now. They also started to see two groups fighting all around the mountain, one group was a race that anyone from Gaia would know as Lizardfolk, which 'kind' wasnt easy to tell from this distance. The other group was much more well known here on Synia, Goblins.
At the same time they could tell that the 'mountain' was bleeding, quite heavily, from several holes in it.

In Gaia the Lizardfolk, no matter what type, is well known as fighter races, and as descendants of dragons they are quite adept at using 'natural magics'. This group was small, probably a few hundred remain, but considering the number of their foe was doing quite well right now.
Goblins are as varied as humans, some are merchants, some are craftsmen, most compete with dwarves for 'prime underground real-estate', however warriors tribes are actually small in number and often lead by (or follow) much larger and deadlier races/creatures.

"Okay, what do we do here?" Reia asked, "That mountain is Terra, but I don't think we can fight such large numbers."
"Well they are all kinda preoccupied, so we could sneak through." Prox stated as she floated around the group. "I mean something is hurting it, and I'm sure Terra would be quite happy to have us deal with it.
"Easy for a creature that doesnt 'walk' to say."

MB stared at the sight before him, his mouth slightly open. Not that this was any more shocking than watching about half of the group be replaced with a forest, but it was definitely not normal. The bleeding mountain would have been enough to surprise him, but seeing these...things...fighting eachother and the burning village only increased his shock. Then he heard Reia's words, and his mouth opened further. The mountain was Terra? This goddess was a tall mound of dirt? MB thought he had stopped trying to get this situation to make sense to him, but it took him a while to wrap his head around this one, and even then he didn't entirely succeed.

Then he heard Prox's suggestion and Reia's dismissal thereof. With less people to deal with, MB felt slightly more empowered, and he decided to throw in his two cents. "Would you prefer fighting them? We haven't really got a lot of options here, you know. I'd rather risk being noticed and then killed than to just skip to the risk of death. So in this case, yeah, I agree with her."

Status
Not open for further replies.