Ending the Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reia yelled out and stumbled, there was a wolf digging its jaws into her shoulder, and the one she attacked had its in her leg. It hurt, and while it wasnt something that would have brought her down she did notice that it didnt hurt nearly as much as she thought it should. Perhaps that 'balance had actually made hr stronger, perhaps she wasnt just speaking bull.
Her attention however remained on the mana wolf, she could...feel how much life the thing had left, perhaps it was from one of the others magics, but it told her that two more strikes should be enough to take the wolf down. So raising her weapon up she swung down aiming to get it off her leg.

The group clearly outmatched the wolves, and the beasts knew it. They could cause serious injuries to the group and hold them until some of the older wolves show up, another hunting party, but the smell of blood could also draw another creature. At the same time fleeing was not an option with two of their group limping they would not get far.
Though most of their group appeared to now be leaving themselves wide open, like the one they originally surrounded currently on his stomach after failing to tackle one of them. Or the guy who attempted to grab one of them and wound up putting his hand into its mouth allowing himself to be bitten.

At the same time one was offering them a fox, one of the uninjured wolves rushed her and grabbed the fox before darting off, growling at its brethren as it did so.
With growls and barks the wolves started to back off, aiming to move away from the group, to get back to their pack and cover the two limping wolves.

End of Round two
Wolves fleeing, pursue if you all so desire (Wolves were doing pitiful amounts)

Exp Gained - 15 exp each (decided not to test the level up yet)
[[You may 'store' your exp however you wish. I will keep track of them myself so if you wound up forgetting or losing dont worry I'll have it noted down.]]

With the wolves limping away Prox decided to show herself, popping up sitting just over MB. "Hmm, well now that they are gone. What do you say we move on. Guy who ran, I assume your looking for someone, I can assure you that no one other than us and a lot of beasts are currently within this bunker." Prox gave a light giggle as she turned and used her magic to show a map of Syina, on the map was four glowing dots, two were fairly close. "So currently there is Leviathain, Terra, Cralthax, and Mun." The names would mean little to those who didnt know the gods of other lands, though anyone who visited Gaia alot would know Terra and maybe Leviathain.
Terra was the oldest earth elemental, a massive mountain of a golem which rarely ever moved and was docile enough that apparently there was a town on its back. Leviathain was the opposite, this massive whale was the terror of the seas, any who hoped to cross the seas of Gaia prayed that they werent passing through Leviathain's roaming territories.
Cralthax probably meant nothing even to those from Citar, this ancient god was Citar's old god of lightning.
Mun was the elves of Syina's goddess of magic, and also their goddess of the moon...or rather to them she 'was' the moon.

The two closest was Cralthax and Terra, but all were within a week's walk from their current location. Now the question became who to travel to.

"I'm glad you find that funny," MB muttered, hopefully out of earshot of the odd fairy, not to mention everyone else. So TB really wasn't here after all. But where could he be, and why? TB had never pranked MB before, especially not to such a large extent, so he was certain it wasn't a prank at all. Had he gotten lost on the way or something? Or maybe he'd regained his senses and gone back home, and MB had had no reason to come here in the first place. Great.

As for the name of the deities being given, MB had no clue who they were and didn't care in the slightest. He honestly just wanted to leave and go home at this point. But these people seemed to think of him as one of them, he now realized; they considered him one of the group. If he left, he was going to get in some serious trouble with them, and they had shown how much better they were at combat.

Then again, how did he know the fairy was telling the truth? There was no way of really knowing unless he looked for himself, and as things currently stood, it would be too dangerous to find out. He had to get better at combat first. His home, while probably less helpful, was also more risk-free.

MB decided he had to check his home again, and there was only one way he could do that: "We should see Craithax first. I think he's more potentially dangerous, so he should be stopped before he can do too much damage."

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex shook his head. "This is nuts, going after gods and crap." He looked around at the others in varying States. "We want them to be friends right? So why don't we hit the chill ones first?"

Reia sighed some, she was not looking forward to fighting gods, it was not something she imagined herself doing. But at the same time this adventure sounded fun, or at least more fun than wandering aimlessly around Gaia. Here she had some purpose, and it was noble, saving the worlds and all. "I dont want to go after 'Chill' Gods. Leviathain will freeze us solid and he is dangerous. Terra never moves much, I vote we go...talk...to it."
Obviously Reia, not knowing that chill meant something else didnt realize that Alex wasnt talking about attacking the ice water using Leviathain.

Syrus was almost disappointed the wolves left, but the pain in his shoulder reminded him that it was by no means a bad thing. He knew it wouldn't make sense to chase after them and decided he should thank the cause for their departure. "Thanks Visica. You might have just saved our lives."

The reappearance of Prox easily changed the subject, and Syrus knew it best to give his opinion on the topic at hand. "So, Terra or Cralthax, huh? I'm with Reia. I think it'd be safer to head towards Terra. I doubt we'd be a good match for a lightning god quite yet."

The idea of a town or city on top of a god's back was fascinating to Zara. As a person from the desert, the elements Light, Earth, and Fire were quite common and paying homage to the deity of Earth sounded like the path to take. "I would like to see Terra as well. Um... I am Zara by the way, sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier, but before I couldn't communicate... very honored to meet you all."

Alex felt a little shy after his horrible addition to the fight. He was definitely stronger than this, he knew. But training his body was not the same as fighting other creatures. It was a shocking eye opener for him and he was sure next time he wouldn't be so lame in a fight, since it seemed extremely likely that one would be coming.

One of the other introduced themselves and he smiled at her a little to be friendly. "It's no biggie, Zara. Nice to meet you finally. I'm Alex!"

MB nodded in Zara's direction, a little annoyed that they were doing introductions again. Then again, this whole situation had successfully ticked him off. His brother was missing, he had humiliated himself in combat, and now these people were dragging him along to talk to gods he didn't even know existed until now. In short, unless he got away from these people soon, things were just going to get worse.

Then MB realized something: Gaia had more portals to Citar than Syina. If the whole Terra thing was successful, he might be able to get to one of the portals in Citar before he was noticed. It was a slim hope, but any hope was worth it in MB's mind. "Actually, yeah, never mind. We should go to Terra first."

"Good to meet you Zara." Reia stated with a smile as she moved around, she was primarily checking out their group better while everyone aimed to figure out where they wished to go. Not all of them looked to be entirely used to combat, plus they all seemed to be from different 'walks of life'. Combat can be learned, but if their aim was to converse with the gods in order to eventually fight one then it was a fairly good thing that they had more than just fighters. Like the woman who offered food to the wolves, that idea didn't pass through Reia's mind in the slightest, trained on the dangers of Gaia meat was used as a lure not a peace offering.
At the same time though some dangers couldn't be dealt with through peaceful means.

Tearing his hand away from the wolf's teeth, Dan watched as the two wolves didn't press the attack but hung back instead. It seemed that all eight beasts had communicated with one another somehow and seemed to be withdrawing as an entire group. He had no issue with letting them do so, preferring that the fight end without something dying. Keeping an eye on the two creatures, he knelt and picked up his dropped knife, twirling it in his hand as the wolves retreated. When the beasts finally rounded the corner, he stood up straight with a relieved sigh. Giving his bitten hand a small shake, the pain seemed to fully fade after that and he turned to look at the others.

The names Prox gave the group meant nothing to Dan, though he did make the leap that they were likely the name of Gods the group was supposed to meet. Turning his attention away from the small humanoid, he raised an eyebrow at the boy that had, rather stupidly, run off from the group. It seemed that he didn't just do dumb things, but also stated them too. 'Really. Let's go find a dangerous God to start rather than a safe one.' He of course didn't say that aloud though, since there wasn't really a need to start a fight. Instead, he just listened to the others and hoped a majority would say otherwise.

Nodding, he hoped the others knew what they were talking about. Terra was supposed to mean Earth in one of the older languages if he recalled correctly, and given Reia's remark, hopefully the God would be a tranquil one. "I don't really know anything about the Gods, so I'll leave the decision up to the rest of you."

With that, he turned to Zara and extended his uninjured hand. "Name's Dan. Felt you try something near the end there, I think? Didn't need it, but thanks." There had been an odd sensation when the wolf bit down on his hand, as if something was resisting the force, but it'd quickly disappeared and let the fangs sink into his flesh. Once it was over, he assumed her efforts had failed, but couldn't really blame her either.

"Oh!" Visica ended up falling backwards, surprised when the wolf suddenly jumped up for the fox. She watched the wolves retreat with a smile and slowly got back up to her feet, patting off her robes before turning her attention to her group. When she heard the thanks from Syrus she bowed slightly, "You're welcome, I'm glad that I could help. I also believe that we should go see Terra, as Prox said there are other creatures in this area and it would be best to leave before they end up finding us..." She spoke while holding her hands within her large sleeves and nodding to herself a bit. She then looked over at the boy who'd tried to leave earlier, Prox stated that he was probably in search of someone which caused Visica to walk over to him. "Excuse me, but, whoever you are looking for, hopefully we can help you find them or at least I'll try to help you as we go on this journey together..."

Smiling and nodding back to her new comrades, Zara turned to the man who thanked her.

"Ah, you are welcome, Dan... Sorry, I haven't used magic in a long time... and thank you for warding the wolves."

Zara wasn't sure what Dan was extending his hand for, she guessed it was some sort of greeting or gesture of appreciation based on his words just then. She took his hand in hers and held it there for some time, unsure what to do next. Awkwardly releasing his hand, she stepped back a bit to see how everyone was doing. It seemed most were in agreement of visiting Terra. Zara was looking forward to it. Hopefully the place was warmer than here.

"Right, from where we are it will take two days to reach Terra. Continue talking amongst yourselves I shall lead the way." Prox laughed as she floated off. The maze like structure was exited in about five minutes with no true issues.
The outside looked quite odd, around the base was Citar, with piping and what looked to be several building walls crumbled down without support, even old wiring lay around. However just past all that was beautiful Syina grass pale blue in color and stretching on for miles. It was a quite sudden transition from one to the other.
Off in the distance one could make out several buildings that seemed to float though Prox was leading them in a route that meant they wouldnt hit that point at all. She was aiming to go as direct a route as she could.

As they were walking Reia was tapping on her swords hilt, watching for anything that she could hunt. After all there was no telling if where they wound up making camp had any food.

Alex followed along, but stood close to MB since he thought of him as a friend after their original interaction. He didn't mind the silence from his new friend, since he was having a few wandering thoughts of his own. It was strange to experience real fighting, since his small town didn't really have those kinds of problems. His uncles had tried to prepare him, despite his father's wishes, but they hadn't told him about the hesitation and fear in your first fight. Looking at some of the other's and their injuries that were starting to heal up or that had been mostly healed, he realized that even animals were dangerous outside of home.

MB looked at the girl–Visica was her name, he recalled–who had offered to help him. Though he tried not to show it, he was definitely surprised. He thought everyone else was annoyed with him for running off and getting into trouble, not to mention being of next to no help in dispatching the wolves. On top of that, he figured she'd be upset with most of them for continuing to fight, rather than seeking a peaceful solution as she had suggested. Even if her efforts came to naught, it was nice of her to at least say something; it was more than the others did. For the first time since MB had gotten here, he actually felt like things might not be completely messed up after all.

He gave her a genuine smile, albeit a small one. "Um, thanks. The guy I'm looking for pretty much looks like me, except taller and without the jacket." His smile faded. "I don't know where he could be if he isn't here, though."

"It's a greeting, a handshake," he explained after the awkward moment he realized Zara wasn't familiar with the custom. Stepping away, it seemed that the others had decided that Terra would be their next destination. Following behind Prox, he kept an eye around for anything worthy of note. The building did look to be Citar in design and he guessed it was a military base of some sort, so maybe there would be some equipment laying around worth scavenging.

Sadly, nothing seemed to be left after the many years of abandonment and the Citar remains gave way to Synia wilderness. His observing shifted from trying to find things of interest towards identifying things that could be a threat at that point. The wolves, despite their numbers, hadn't really been too much of a threat despite his blunders during the brief fight. They were young and scraggly, far from the deadliest animals that probably inhabited the area.

Visica nodded slightly, gently placing a hand on MB's shoulder as she spoke, "I'll be sure to tell you if I see someone who fits that description..I promise" Removing her hand, she then returned it to her sleeve before turning the follow with the others. It actually didn't take as long to exit through as Visica thought it would. Soon they were in Synia, surrounded by a field of fresh grass. She took a deep breath and let out a happy sigh, was it really that easy to return home..?

Daesy kept silent once the fight had subsided. The wolves seemed to have been smart enough to know that they needed to return to their pack before more were injured. It made her proud to know she was involved in a group that knew exactly what they were doing... somewhat. The little fairy, Prox, began to lead the group out of the military base-looking building they had inhabited and brought them out to the grass-lands of Syina. The blonde kept to the back, using her mage staff to guide her through the pale blue fields behind the rest of the group. She hadn't been hurt during battle so she walked normally and swiftly.

Status
Not open for further replies.