Ending the Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my character wasn't mentioned in the first post, how should I start my own first post? : )
Right, sorry thought I edited your character in. My bad.

Sorry I couldn't post sooner. For some reason I didn't get any alerts for this thread and I had no idea the IC was up. Good thing I wasn't too late.

tis okay you should probably double check that your 'watching' both threads :P

Well, this is going swimmingly. I'll see about wrapping this interaction before it drags on.

I was awaiting others to continue so it would be somewhat quick with other things to put attention to, but it's getting late here and I didn't want to leave anything incase I awoke tomorrow with too many posts between the interaction. Then there would be a falter on your character posts @Zombehs and yada yada. Please feel free to cut that scene short in the next post if you wish. : )

Yup the rp will be moved on shortly, right now its more introduce everyone. And here shortly the first battle will begin :P

Visica Thorngage
Appearance:
Height: 5"4
Weight: 156 lbs

2ps1634.jpg

Bio:
One day in the world of Synia, a child was left on the doorstep of two women. The baby laid asleep with no card or paper to identify her and no trace of whomever left her there. The women took in the baby girl and raised her as if it were their own child. That child was given the name Visica. Growing up, Visica adopted the same religion as her parents who were avid followers of the goddess Neria who seeks peace through wisdom and the power of insight. Visica, at a young age realised that she possessed with magical abilites and at age 20 joined the church of Neria to learn how to use it in a way that would satisfy Neria. The church often sends her on small missions, helping her build up confidence in her abilities and also help them grow while spreading the goodness of Neria. Visica was always aware of how other worlds seemed to switch with that of her own and whenever she went out she'd pray that nothing bad would come to she or her loved ones.
On the day of her 26th birthday, the world seemed to crumble from under her causing her home to collapse and her to end up thrown in to another world something that she thought would never happen to her by the goodness of her goddess. Visica was saddened to have been torn from her family but she tried to keep a clear head in believing that this was the will of Neria and that her sudden departure had to have some important reason. She now finds herself in a strange world where technology seems to take the place of magic, in search of a reason why she was sent here and how she can return to her normal life.
Stats:
Level 1
Health 8
Attack 7
Defense 7
Magic 15
Willpower 13

Abilities:
Weak Heal (1)
Lesser Shield (1)

Extra:
- Her nails are a bit longer than normal and also sharp which is something Visica tries to hide since they evidently can't be clipped.
- She always carries her sachet of incense/herbs with her.
- She always carries a small sachet of small stones which she uses for fortune telling.
- Visica has a case of heterochromia but in doesn't seem too think much of it.

(Might add some tiny details later but tell me if I need to fix anything)​

Last edited:
Her stats are way above 50 for some reason?

And I'm actually a bit confused about HP and Health. Having 10 HP per stat point in Health seems weird when taken with several effects.

Like Bleed deals 1hp/turn which is basically useless, unless it's meant to be a stacking debuff.

Similarly, Regenerate seems very expensive for an otherwise mediocre effect that caps out at 5hp/turn for a cost of 20 ability points.

Even with only 10 points in Health, a maxed Regenerate only recovers 5%/turn.

Last edited:
Oops! I misread an thought it said 60 ^^" Lemme just fix that.

Kigarra - Accepted welcome ^^
You can go ahead and make your opening post to where your girl winds up getting pulled into the bunker with the others.

Zombehs - Bleed stacks and has no cap

Regenerate has a cap and seems small now, but 1hp per turn can be a life saver (especially if you hit 0 as it acts like a free revive if it manages to get you back to 1 (may eventually wind up putting a 'cap' on the number of times this can happen)) But more than that there is a boss ability which will stack allowing more regenerate hp. Plus another boss ability later that essentially doubles healing received (including regeneration)

In terms of hp I actually struggled a bit here because I continually thought about how I needed to find the right balance between 'not dying every second' and 'not walking over enemies'
After all this is a group rp so its highly possible that you can steam roll over weak enemies like they are nothing. At the same time if I made it too high bosses would take forever. So I decided that ten points would be fair.

Everyone - Wasnt able to move the rp tonight thanks to work, but will tomorrow when I wake up.

Reactions: Ghosty
Yayy! Fighting time! Do we have to wait for someone's attack to be resolved before we can take action ourselves?
Also I'm assuming wolves 5-8 are the mana wolves (provided we are supposed to know)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea those are the mana wolves later on you wont really know. As for waiting, nope pretty much post up your action, and everyones actions will be resolved at the end of the round.

Hey @Kraveing_Volkf. Just wondering, but would a custom action like taunting an enemy and preparing to counter it be allowable?

I was thinking something along the lines of two rolls; one to taunt, and one to prepare the counter.

A success on both would draw one wolf to him and allow Dan a free attack when it rushes in.

A success on only the taunt would simply draw the wolf away from its pack.

A fail on the taunt would do nothing unless you had other plans for it.

Just wondering cause it doesn't really make sense for Dan to try and rush right into the pack given he's not in tip-top condition.

Ohoho, this gonna be interesting considering Visica's feelings about wolves.

Zombehs - Hmm, for now yes.
Since I've yet to really have time to work on the 'physical abilities' (gotta love working at retail >_< ) a taunt followed by a 'counter' roll will work.

Edit: Also Kigarra, You can roll to find some food for a wolf (obviously anything you find wouldn't really be enough to feed the pack)

My bad, it's supposed to say Taunt, Prep. Counter rather than just Taunt. Wasn't quite sure how the dice system worked.

Ok

The enemies post will come at around 9pm tomorrow (work another long shift tomorrow >_< )
Though Jovian still has to post so I suppose this will give plenty of time for that ^^

On the bright side only one miss so far :3 yay
On the down side no wolfs kicked any sort of buckets

Status
Not open for further replies.