Ending a War, and an Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayst screamed as someone jumped through the window, tripping her in the process. Shawn came to her rescue as always and helped her up. "I'm fine..." After standing up she jumped behind Shawn and closed her eyes. She was scared, and she knew this man was a Werewolf.

"Thank you, Wolf... for breaking my window." Fionna walked in and closed the door behind her. "Why are you here if you don't want to kill me? I thought all humans wanted to kill Vampires and Werewolves." She walked really close to Shawn and stood so close, her nose was almost touching his.

"Tell me the truth, or I'll have to make you my dinner."

"You pathetic Vampire if I wanted you dead I would've shot you as you dove into the bushes" he stared her down"we where here to destroy the blood stash but decided not to so I'd suggest getting out of my face before I do kill you" he pulled out a trigger "there's something around that will kill you vampire" he yelled

Shadow came up and moved Fionna back toward the door"don't call me wolf girl and you'll stay by that door! You won't kill them unless you wish to kill me which we both know you don't wanna do if you want that life of yours back!" He spat at her "sorry for tripping her I was aiming for you Shawn I'm Shadow which I told you this is Fionna the grumpy vampire and who's your little girlfriend back there" he said in a calm voice

Fionna stared at Shadow with shock. She never did expect him to stand up for himself. Staying quiet would be the best option, even though she had plenty to say, she knew that staying quiet would keep them safe.

"I'm Hayst... and i'm not his girlfriend..." Shawn was a good friend of his, but she never considered them to be together in that way. She couldn't help but star at Fionna. She didn't seem as grumpy as Shadow said, in fact... she could see the pain in her eyes.

Shadow smiled "I was joking hello Hayst so not that we all know each others names why didnt you take the blood and run? And why did you and Shawn say you didn't wanna be in the war well you did Shawn agreed" he smiled at them and turned around to face Fionna"are you done" he said in a calm voice "if so come back over and you Shawn put that down I know it's not wired to anything"

Shawn looked at Shadow and smiled "we'll I'm surprised you knew and we both want this war to end she was dragged into it I believe and well I was recruited against my will bin trying to find a way out ever since Hayst here is my partner. I take it you and Fionna are partners as well?" He looked back at Hayst "are you alright?"

Hayst stopped looking at Fionna then back at Shadow, then Shawn. "This war just seems like a waste of time. Why can't we all just get along and live in peace? And yes Shawn, i'm alright."

Fionna refused to join them, and giggled a little at Hayst's comment. "Get along? Why should we? You two are food, and he's just..." Suddenly she remembered how Shadow stood up for himself. "Never mind..."

She didn't want to stick around any longer, all she wanted to do was be alone. Without saying goodbye, or even waiting for anyone to say anything she ran out of the cabin and into the forest. Soon she tripped and rolled down a hill and into a strange pit. It was too deep to climb out, and then she began to realize what it was.

Deep in the forest, the race of snake people lived. They always hunted for any race, because anything was food for them.

"Look what deccccided to drop in..." The seductive voice of a male snake came from a hole inside the pit. He slithered out and circled Fionna.

"What a pretty little vampire, and she's all alone. Poor little vampire can't eat Ssssnake blood, it's poisssson for her issssn't it?" He began to wrap his body around her legs as she tried to scream out. She only managed to let out a small scream, but it would be loud enough for Shadow to hear.

"Shhhh, just look into my eyesss little vampire. It will be over sssssoon." He eyes glowed multiple colors, and she couldn't help but look into them. Soon she was hypnotized, and stood still as he began to wrap his body around hers. He made sure to wrap her tight, just in case the snapped out of her trance so she couldn't get away.

Shawn looked at Shadow "where did she go?"

Shadow heard something a scream in the distance"Shawn, Hayst go to that ridge" he pointed to a small ledge"set up there"

"Why" Shawn asked

"You'll find out" after they left he began to change into his werewolf is was painting but afterwards he was bigger and and his fur was solid black his eyes green and he was taller and had more muscle he howled as loud as he could and took off to the direction of the scream as fast as he could when he got to the pit he growled a deathly noise and jumped down and grabbed the snakes head and smashed it like an ant and then untangled Fionna and stayed in his form "are you alright" he said in a deep dark raspy voice looking at her. He sniffed the air and looked back at her

Hayst followed Shawn and the two did as Shadow had said. "Oh I hope everything is alright..."

Fionna was almost unconscious when Shadow came to her rescue. As he untangled her, she fell into his arms and took deep breaths. The snake had squeezed most of the air out of her, and she was now very weak. "I'm... fine..." She said while catching her breath. Now she knew that she need his help, because all the action caused other snake people to wake.

"We have to get out of here, they live in packs of 20... I'm no stronger than you and you aren't strong enough to take them down.." She said with all her strength, as she tried to catch her breath she slowly passed out in his arms as the hissing of snake people echoed into the night.

"Everything's alright Hayst there's just snake people down there" he looked through the scope "got my back" he watched them wake up slowly

Shadow put her over his shoulder and climbed out and he heard a gun shot and one of the snakes behind him got hit that was going after him.
"That's right you fuckers I'm up here" serval other shots followed those Shadow ran back to her cabin and put her down. Not long after Shawn and Hayst arrived "what was with the yelling?"
"Sorry Shadow quiets not in my Vocabulary" and he laughed

"I think more of them are coming guys! Will she be okay? Oh what are we going to do?!" Hayst's wings began to flutter so much that she was making a small breeze. She hated snaked, they scared her so much.

Fionna laid there, still unconscious and out of breath. She didn't stay out for too long, soon she woke up and sat up to find herself back at her cabin.

"What is going on? Why didn't you just leave me there to die? I deserved it didn't I?" Fionna rubbed her head in pain and looked at Shadow with confusing eyes. She could no understand why he saved her, maybe Werewolves weren't as ruthless as she thought.

"Shadow there coming!" Shawn shut the door and looked at them he had his sniper in hand

"Hmm she'll be alright keep up where going to run for the border ill take Fionna you two stay together and meet us there" he picked up Fionna "stay close" he walked over to the back wall and lunged at it knocking it out and making a hole he waited for Shawn and Hayst to start running and he followed then past them making sure the path ahead was safe he carried Fionna on his shoulder

"No time to fight, hang on Shawn!" Hayst picked up Shawn by his arms and flew with him out of the hole. While flying as fast as she could, she flew high and higher so the snake people wouldn't get at them. She had to be quick, because she wasn't that strong, so she could drop Shawn at any second.

Fionna closed her eyes as Shadow carried her with him. Hopefully they could make it to the border alive, she was starting to second think her judgment on Shadow. He wasn't like most Werewolves, and he was very brave. He let her live this long so he must be worth something to her, right?

"Hayst this is the border you can put me down" after Hayst put him down he looked around for Shadow quickly then turned to Hayst "are you alright from carrying me?" He was concerned about her

Shadow can out of the woods suddenly by the border "Shawn there you are ok where to now you or Hayst must know" he put down down Fionna and made sure she was alright he stayed in his form looking around "we've got to hurry"

Hayst continued to flutter around in the air, looking around for a moment. "I know an abandoned tunnel where the fairies would smuggle vampires back to their homes. Don't ask me how I know of this. And yes i'm fine, my arms are a little sore now though. Follow me and stay close." Hayst flew toward more bushes and into a part of the forest where tons of fireflies lived.

Fionna stretched out her arms after Shadow put her down. After hearing Hayst's instructions she quickly followed after her at her top speed. She didn't bother to look back at Shadow, honestly she didn't know how to act or speak to him now after all that has happened so far. All she knew was that they needed to hurry, because the sun would rise very soon. The sun wouldn't hurt her, but she would only have half of her speed, strength and power. She was running out of time.

"Alright" he said as he took off following Fionna he wasn't the fastest out of any of them but he kept a decent pace most of the way and shadow stayed behind him running only a few feet behind

Shadow started to run after Shawn did to make sure they didnt lose him he listened for anything that would come after them cause they had crossed the border. This will be odd when we finally stop what do I say to Fionna he wondered as he ran to the tunnel with the others

"In here!" She stopped at a tree that was covered in vines and flowers. Obviously a perfect place for Fairies. She use a little of her magic and the tree opened up, to a ladder leading down deep underground.

"Climb down and don't stop. I'll stay out here to close the opening. Hurry!" Hayst stood near the tree and waited for the others to climb down.

"You don't have to tell me twice." Fionna jumped on in and quickly climbed down the ladder, it would be best for her to go first since she had a dress on. As she climbed down the dark hole, she noticed the sun was rising outside. Just in time to, because if it had risen too early she would have been left behind.

Shawn was close behind Fionna "stay safe Hayst" he said as he went down the ladder it was dark he couldn't see anything in front of him or what was below him "so Fionna see anything down there yet" he yelled his voice echoed a little down the ladder.

Shadow wasn't far behind Shawn at all he jumped down the ladder and was practically on top of Shawn due to his size "I'm changing back next time it's a tight fit" he said sarcastically as he climbed down and looked up for Hayst to see if she was coming down yet

"I'll be fine Shawn..." She looked at him for a moment with a gentle smile. It was obvious that she had some feelings for Shawn, but she tried not to show it. Not because she was afraid of Shawn, but because she could put them both in danger if anyone knew. Since Shadow climbed down slower, Hayst decided to wait until they were far enough down. Hopefully no one would find them before she could close the door.

"I see some lights, it looks like we will be heading into the tunnel." Fionna kept climbing down slowly, she didn't to go too fast because the ladder seemed old and it could break at any minute. "Don't climb down too fast, this ladder could break!"

Shawn climbed down slower now looking down to see the light"I see that light does this mean I'm gonna die?" He said jokingly "this could be worse"

Shadow was moving much slower then anyone else now cause of his size "I wish you guys would've told me this before cause I'm sure you don't want me falling" he looked down and it was still dark for him he was also moving slowly so Hayst could catch up quickly and they could stay together hopefully

"Just move carefully and we should be ok-" Suddenly the ladder began to wobble and then broke sending Fionna, Shadow, and Shawn to fall down and crash into the tunnel. Fionna rolled to the side when landing and just laid there.

"Ow...." With her back to the ground she groaned in pain.

"Guys!" Hayst screamed down to them after she heard them fall. Quickly she closed the tree with her magic and flew down after them. "Are you alright...? I should have warned you all about the ladder."

"Shit" Shawn yelled as he fell when he hit he rolled off to the opposite side of the ladder so Shadow wouldn't land on him "ow that was unpleasant" he groaned in pain from the landing

Shadow didn't have time to yell or anything he hit the ground right after Shawn rolled outta the way he hit with a big thud and some dust rose "oww.. I would love the warning next time that hurt" he laid there on the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.