Enders Rise

• Thread starter sincere_and_silent
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A good rule of thumb is to only include fillers if they reveal something about the characters or somehow further the plot. Otherwise it just becomes dull to read.

Depends on what the filler is. Even meaningless filler can be kind of nice. Otherwise you end up with flat action/dialogue which gets incredibly boring quite quickly.

I don't mean to write an entire paragraph of nothing but your surroundings, unless done on occasion.

However, as I said, I like to see RPs as a book. In books, you have descriptions - often very detailed. Even if it doesn't add to the story, adding the color of your shirt or what the sky currently looks like can add a little extra 'story'. As Req said, otherwise it's just constant dialogue and action. And that gets boring.

But anywho. You each do what you feel is comfortable. If you write paragraphs, do so. If you don't, then don't. Just letting you know that I don't mind description in my RPs. :)

Well I mean, I don't really consider descriptions to be "filler"? Imagery is a very important part of writing. An example of filler that doesn't contribute anything would be "She had a banana for breakfast that morning and put some peanut butter on it. It was delicious." Unless she's part monkey and you're talking about how much that affects her, or she's normally allergic to peanuts, or something important like that, just including what she had for breakfast without any connections to other parts of the story is pretty pointless. >w>'

So my description of the cat is alright, because I will make it appear more often. And I didn't expect that this would start a discussion. 0.o ^u^

Yeah, your thing with the cat is great, because it helps paint your character's personality. :3

Haha it's all good!

I'll start the RP very soon :D

I'd like to note that someone putting peanut butter on a banana is something that I wouldn't consider filler because at least around here it's kind of an odd thing to do, and thus would exemplify the character's oddity :P

Haha, really? Peanut butter and bananas are delicious together. Especially on a sandwich. o3o

That just seems like such a strange combination to me

Anyone planning to post? I'm the impatient type and look everytime I can if something is added. I don't want to post with just one post in between. I will feel like I leave people out. And join Kyo Chapelle you absolutely should.

You can post. One post in-between is fine. And sorry, didn't sleep much last few nights so my brain is mush. I'll try to post, but it may not be much.

Name: Eri Kurosawa
Age of Existence (if Reaper) 16 (assuming this is physical age if not the reverse
Circumstance of Death (if Wraith): n/a
Appearance:
anime_girl_render_1_by_rukirin16-d4u2thw.png

Theme Song:

Reapers live natural lifespans, meaning that they grow old, and can die of old age. Age is your age of appearance, and age of existence is how long you've been alive (Because they aren't born, the just pop into existence, their age of existence is always smaller than their age)

As Requiem said, Age is in human life span. How old is your character supposed to be? Are they in middle school, high school, out of school? 18?

Age of existence for Reapers. Reapers are not born. They just sort of appear and everyone around them remembers them always being there. Also, if your age is 18 and your age of appearance is 18, then you will have very few emotions at first. You know how the world works, but emotions take a long time to develop.

Oh sorry in that case age is 16 and age of existence is 21

I'm an idiot XD. I complain about being impatient and then I wait so long to anwser I really am an idiot. I also don't like it when I let other people wait on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.