Empty.. Numb

R

Robin's Lover

Original poster
I deal with a lot of crap. My brother is schizophrenic, my mom is narcissistic and my dad is often away. I lost my dog on account of my parent's divorce. I've moved more times then I care to count and I have no friends. I don't cry anymore. I get headaches sometimes but they don't really bother me. I don't feel. What's wrong with me?

Well, First I'd like to welcome you to the community. It's always nice to see a new face.

Second, there is nothing wrong with you, I have no idea how old you are, but even if I did, there would still be nothing wrong with you.

Thinking that there is will only add unnecessary stress to the already stressful conditions you live with. lives like yours are being lived everyday, by many people, some make it through, and some don't.

Hang in there, It gets better as we get older. I promise you that if you take control of yourself and don't lose sight of your own goals in life nothing will hold you back.

If you don't have goals yet, that is perfectly normal too, figuring them out is only half the fun.

you can only be responsible for your self, your own thoughts, and your own actions. Our families are not things we get to choose and the first quarter of everyone life is filled with things they do not choose for themselves.

Stick around, go easy on yourself and be proud that you have made it this far. Maybe you have friends here on Iwaku waiting for you to find them. :)

Maybe you just have to hold on a bit longer and change the way you see yourself before you can begin to effect the world around you.

~hugs~

Fijo<3