Empire of Solaris

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The dolls?" Therion processed what she was saying and nodded. "Yes, they would be useful. We begin in two days. The eclipse should start around two or three in the afternoon."

Another two days to wait? The witch wrinkled her nose. "Why wait? There will be chaos now with the eclipse, with their last preparations. We could start, or at least take care of things like this-" she gestured to the blueprints of the basement- "before the attack itself." She was rather sick of waiting; her life in hiding had just been waiting, and in the time since she'd come to the city with Therion, she knew of something that she was waiting for. Prolonging it was torturous.

Therion paused at that. His first instinct was to say no--he wasn't particularly fond of last-minute changes to his plans. But she made a point...

"I'll have to meet with the others again to set up a new point of contact, but it could work."

"More reason to wait," the witch grumbled, but relented. "I suppose that would hardly save any time, and would only introduce more confusion to the plan." Xalia was unused to working with so many people- and even more unused to being more of a fringe ally than anything. When she had rebelled against the Solarians herself, in her years just after her escape, her attacks had usually only consisted of herself, and perhaps a small group of others. And she had been a leader, in those days. She had experience with the importance of maintaining plans, but in her day, things were smaller, and thus more flexible- and besides, patience had never been her strong suit.

"It likely would," Therion said, glad that the witch wasn't going to press the point. "But we'll be ready soon enough regardless."

Xalia sighed, but nodded. "Two days. What should I do, during this time, then?" Surely the only answer wasn't just sit around and wait- she'd already done that for this long. She was itching to be in action again, but cooperation was key to any move they made.

"You're going to come with me and meet our allies," Therion said.

It was immediately evident that Xalia was a fan of this idea- her eyes lit up as she looked at Therion. "Good. I like knowing who we'll be working with," she said, to contain the excitement. Or, certainly, some emotion akin to it. In some sort of action, she could enjoy the preparation of these plans again, even if the attack itself would bring little joy.

Therion nodded, the closest he usually got to a smile. "Good, I've planned a meeting for this evening in the bar."

The witch nodded. If nothing else, it was at least afternoon- it wouldn't be a long wait. "And what do we do until then?" This time, there wasn't contempt or annoyance in her voice.

"I acquaint you with the city a little bit better," Therion replied. He offered a hand. "It's nothing too drastic, just a visit outside this place. You didn't want to be stuck in one place the entire time, correct?"

Status
Not open for further replies.