Empathy is Better than Sympathy

V

Vorpral

Original poster
In other words, these people don't need someone who pity's them, but someone who can understand. Or at least try to. They don't need a partner who thinks that it's required to try and "fix" them, or tells them that they could be this ideal image. They aren't. They would rather have someone who loves them for who they are. Not what they aren't. That's not what these characters are about.

With my characters I really do want to enact a story with them, and I have multiple different types of stories that go with them! I will admit to feeling a strong urge to do something Dragon Age: Inquisition related, or at least something in Thedas. Anyways, here are the two characters I'm craving to play, and the potential storylines they have:

~~~~~~~~

Eden Severance

Learning to walk right
Like many other refugees you scramble to find a place of safety while you're caught between the crossfire of two warring factions: one trying to defend itself, and the other trying to conquer and enslave. It's during your aimless travels for a safe haven that you encounter a travelling group suffering from a similar plight. They are a mixed bag of races, housing origins that they either keep to themselves or willing talk about. One group within this small family seems to stay close to each other especially, and it's when you meet the androgynous elf known as Eden. What happens between you and him all comes down to how things unfold, how your interactions go, and how you overall treat him and his "family".

Far From Home
Set on a world of your character's origins, you see something strange happen within the sky one night until it disappears. It's only until later into the night you encounter a man sporting multiple injuries. You don't have time to ask what happened to him, as he collapses to the ground in a heap. A quick rush to the hospital and you save his life, and the occasional checkup always seems to be pleasant with him. You come across the information that he has no next of kin to contact, and has no home to go to. What happens to him is up to you.

Sacian Winters

Dead Among the Living
Working as an undercover agent, you join your comrade Eden Severance in the investigation of the disappearances of your fellow agents. It was said that this world had been connected to the Web long ago, but suddenly went dark within the breath of a second. Your fellow agents were to figure out what it was that caused this blackout before the Web can safely reconnect with this world, but their disappearances only serves to raise more red flags. Now here you are, with Eden calling in and informing that he has a potential lead, but that he's going to need help hiding his "witness". That's when you meet the strange man of an ancient noble family; Sacian Winters. From what's been described, and the physical evidence, he was brought back from the dead...

A Place to Rest
It was no secret that the law enforcement became nothing more than the lap dogs of the rich and powerful, turning into mongrels that would line their pockets with gold. The only real reason that they would help (above ground that is) is that they wouldn't want to sully the reputation of the city. You never worked like that. You were kept in a low position, all because you disagreed with how things were run. Due to this opinion you had constant outside interference; evidence suddenly going "missing", key witnesses refusing to talk to you, and an overall lack of support from the department. During one bought of vigilantism within the underground slums you find yourself in hot waters with a feud between two rival gangs. You are able to hold your ground, but there was only one of you and more of them, and their numbers were beginning to overwhelm you. That's when you meet him; the famed Winter Wolf of the ancient cursed family, and he's more than willing to give you a hand.

Nicholas Alten

Blank Slate
He just showed up one day, and with a lack of origin and home planet, he was suspicious. However he proved his worth through his training, and displayed a desire to help on the battlefield. He just wasn't the social type; always keeping to himself, saying few words and simply listening in the background. You don't try and pull him out, you just give him company that he appreciates. When you ask for his backstory one day, he's only able to say "I don't know" with a blank and hollow look in his eyes. You never brought it up again, at least, not until you receive a note saying: "I know what I need to do now. Thank you for all that you gave me."

Dragon Age: Inquisition Plotline

Something New, Something Different
The Inquisition was tied up trying to fix the mess that was the Breach, and with the lack of support from other factions it made things more difficult. The Breach and the demons had everyone terrified, but no one knew the full extent of the consequences that the Breach brought. Word spreads of things that did not look like traditional demons; something more alien, something just as strange but new. These things came falling out from rifts that looked like they were festering with disease, and they gave an unpleasant feeling that crept up from the mark on your hand. The last thing the Inquisition, and yourself, expected was for a hooded man to come falling out of one. Now there was a new twist to things, and what would happen next is something that you have to unravel.
Includes Sacian Winters and Eden Severance

Piecing Things Together
How you meet, and what this backstory will be depends on your character's own. You found him one day, aimlessly wandering without so much as a flicker of life in his eyes. He was uneasy when you found him, but he never left you alone since then. He would follow you from a distance, keeping a careful eye on you. Then he started to come out more, started to talk more. Now he's become a regular companion by your side, following you to the Conclave where he awaited your return to Haven. Only to see the Conclave obliterated before his eyes. Things begin to take an unexpected turn as your friend begins to act strange, and night terrors start to keep him up at night.
Includes Nicholas Alten, probable appearance of Eden Severance and Sacian Winters

~~~~~~

If a romance is to be involved, then I will say that out of the three, Sacian would be open to a relationship with anyone; man or woman, alien or not. Eden and Nicholas, however, experience more of an attraction towards men. That doesn't mean there would be a lack of characters to form a romantic bond with, as all three come with unique casts of their own that you get to learn about. Whether you love or hate them, is entirely up to you and your perception of them. Of course, love doesn't always have to be romantic; it has the potential to be platonic as well. Romance is not the be all end all as stated earlier, you do not need it for a happier life. It's just something that happens, and has the potential to make an impact like everything else. After all, you don't have to be in a romantic relationship in order to deeply understand someone.