Emeralds of Chaos

Ronnie looked over the notes, trying to think of who could have possibly broken the master emerald. If she could ask Knuckles about it, she might be able to get some kind of lead, but he probably wouldn't let her. She pulled out a cigarette, smoking it to calm down.

Frost worked throughout the night but came inside for a bit after she came to a temporary stopping point. She walked into the kitchen to grab something to drink and went to check on Ronnie, not knowing if she was still awake at this time of night.

Ronnie had passed out, almost drooling on her notes. An unlit cigarette was in her hand as she breathed slowly, sleeping soundly. Her hair was in a mess and her tail was just as messy. Her ears twitched as she slept, looking out for people who would try to hurt their owner.

Frost giggled softly then got a blanket from the closet and placed it over her, moving some of her hair out of the way and taking the cigarette from her hand to place it back in the pack. "Sleep tight Ronnie. I know you'll solve this case." she says then smiled and went back to her workshop with her drink and worked the rest of the night.

Ronnie woke up early the next morning, blinking. She shook her head before walking up to her bedroom and falling back asleep. She felt a bit too tired to just go out and investigate, since it was five in the morning. She curled up with the blanket Frost gave her and smiled.

Frost cam back inside around seven and began to make breakfast after getting a cup of coffee to help keep her awake. Waffles and sausages were the breakfast item this time around and Frost was eating a waffle while cooking the sausages.

Ronnie yawned as she walked back downstairs, holding her pen and paper. "Good morning, Frost..." She murmured, blinking slowly as she sat down and leaned back. "Got any new inventions or something else today?"

"Morning. You must've been real dedicated to finding out who is behind the master emerald being the way it is if you managed to pass out down here. You're lucky I came in when I did." she says with a grin then placed a plate down on the table for Ronnie, the sleepies in her eyes evident when she got close due to her working through the night. She moved back to the stove afterwards and took a big gulp of the coffee next to her, it being the only thing keeping her from passing out right now.

"You're one to talk, Miss Insomniac. You should take the day off, get some sleep." Ronnie replied, tucking into the plate. She smiled as she quickly ate, enjoying the good meals that were settling in her stomach. This was a better deal than she originally thought it was.

"I'll get plenty of sleep when I'm dead or when you're out in the field. Whichever comes first. Oh, the modifications to the glasses were finished. They're waiting on the mantle in the living room again like before." she says before along yawn escapes her which in turn make her follow that action up with drinking from the coffee pot then another plate of food for Ronnie in case she wanted seconds.

Ronnie quickly ate the second plate before standing up and washing her plates. "Well I have to go out again so get some sleep while I'm gone, alright?" She walked to the living room and took the glasses before leaving the house.

"Yeah yeah." she replied, waving off the fox as she left then headed upstairs to her room and the moment she hit the bed she was out like a light in a couple of seconds. Frost slept soundly, wondering what her next invention should be after her newest one.