Emeralds of Chaos

"You got me cigarettes?" Ronnie asked before looking down at the food and starting to eat. "Why?" She wondered. "I thought you didn't want me smoking in the house."

"Are you going to ask questions and point out the obvious or are you going to sit down and eat breakfast?" Frost says as a reply to her then focuses on the eggs and pancake that were currently cooking on the stove.

"I'm eating, I'm eating!" Ronnie replied, mouth somewhat full. She continued to eat, finishing the meal quickly. "Damn, you're a pretty good cook." She said wiping away any crumbs and stuff.

"Of course I am. I live on my own after all." Frost then put her own plate of food on the table and began to dig in. "So, you're a detective right? Are you currently investigating anything or on a case?" she asked, secretly wanting to help but needed info on the case first.

"No." Ronnie said. "Not right now." She had a complete poker face as she looked down at her empty plate, her stomach still growling slightly. Even though she had never had that kind of meal before, her stomach still wanted more. She glared at it, a bit frustrated.

Frost chuckled after hearing the growl in her stomach. "Tell you what, I'll make you some more stuff if you use my inventions whenever you need the upper hand when you go out investigating. Fair enough? You end up full and my inventions get a field test as well." she offered, hoping she'd take her up on that offer.

Ronnie thought about it for a few moments. "Alright, deal." She said, holding a hand out. "I'll need to borrow those glasses of yours today, if that's alright. Also, thank you for grabbing my clothes. I better go check on them." She said, standing up, getting ready to get out of the white clothes.

Frost nodded then told her where the laundry room was just in case then told her her clothes were in the dryer. "I'll make you another plate of food while you get ready to attack the day. The glasses should be in the living room on the mantle, polished and ready for use." she adds then gts to work making some more breakfast for Ronnie after she finished her own.

"Thanks Frost!" Ronnie called, walking to the laundry room and quickly changing into her clothes. She walked down to the living room, smoking one of the cigarettes Frost had given her. She checked out the glasses, walking back to the kitchen. "Looks like you worked on it. It looks different."

Frost smiled then put another plate of food, this time with ore than before in case she had the room to eat it all then started washing dishes. "Just be careful when using it. I'm pretty sure overuse could be bad. Only use it when necessary." she informs her then heads to her workshop, closing herself in there for the day.

"Alright." Ronnie replied. She finished her plate, cleaning it off. Patting her stomach, she grabbed the glasses and her goggles and started out. She walked toward Angel Island, hoping to put the x-ray glasses to use.

While Ronnie was out giving the x-ray glasses afield test Frost was hard at work working on the blueprints for her next invention but wanted to wait and see if she'd need to make some modifications so Ronnie could use it out in the field.

It wasn't until late that Ronnie got home, running to find something to use to write. "Frost! Do you have a notebook and pen I could borrow?" She asked, wishing she had real detective gear like some police officers did.

Frost heard Ronnie call out for a pen and notebook but sighed, reluctantly having to tear herself away from her work. She approached the fox with the needed items in hand then handed them off to her. "Did something good happen?" she asked, curious about what happened out there and if her glasses came in handy.

"Something good? Something great happened! This is amazing, outstanding!" She quickly started to write down on the notebook, muttering to herself about needing more equipment.

Frost raised an eyebrow at Ronnie's actions. "Are you going to tell me what happened or are you going to leave me in the dark? You did use my invention to help you out today ya know." she pointed out then waited to see what was up with the extremely giddy fox.

"Well, I may have told a little lie about not having been on a current investigation. I'm actually looking for clues for the chaos emerald case, but Knuckles wouldn't let me near the Master Emerald, but your invention..." She bounced around, trying to figure out how she could get the materials to investigate the fingerprints she found. "The Master Emerald normally never has fingerprints since everyone uses gloves so often, but I found fingerprints all over the shards with your invention. If I had a record of fingerprints and possible suspects, I could start a search..."

"Give me the glasses. If I tweak them a bit I'm sure I can allow it run a scan of the fingerprints on the emerald for you when in use and allow it to run a search of all the eligible candidates. I'm still kinda miffed that you'd lie to me about such a big case but I guess I'll let it slide since you put my invention to good use and it worked properly in the process." Frost said then smiled a little. "It might take a couple of hours to do this since the list of ungloved mobians is as high as the gloved ones but I'll see what I can do as long as I can work through the night without distraction." she added then held out her hand for the glasses.

"I didn't think I'd make this kind of breakthrough in the case." Ronnie said, giving Frost the glasses. She stretched a bit before continuing to write down notes. She wrote down observations about everything she could remember about the scene.

Frost smiled then left to her workshop to get started on the upgrade immediately. She was glad she was of some help to someone who needed it even though her inventions practically help everyone who needs it.