Emeralds of Chaos

Ronnie didn't look at the clothes she was given when she got out of the shower. She simply put them on then started toward the downstairs, her hair wet and out of its usual braid. Her bangs that usually only covered her eye now covered almost half of her face. "Hey, would you mind if I got something warm to eat?" She asked in a yell.

Go ahead. Just try not to eat everything in the fridge. I live here ya know." she called out then continued folding clothes and putting them away. She wondered what kind of detective ends up homeless or at least gives off a homeless person's aura. Is she in a slump or is she really that bad of a detective. Frost thought to herself then shrugged. Maybe my inventions can help her back on her feet.

"Alright, al... right..." Ronnie looked down at her clothes and raised an eyebrow. "Frost? What kind of clothes did you give me?" She asked, looking down at the pieces of cloth in confusion.

The clothes Frost had left for her were a simple white, tank top and really short shorts with an accessible tail hole..for cats. Neither of them left much to the imagination but they were far from revealing. They were the only clothes she could find that seemed like they'd fit Ronnie without any problem.

"Well damn... My tail can't really fit." Ronnie said, trying to fit the rest of her tail through the hole. She struggled with it, looking like a dog chasing its own tail. She turned around and around, trying to figure out why Frost would give her such nice clothes. Wouldn't this be saved for when she had a... lover over?

Frost had finished her clothes and walked up to her. "Well duh girl. It was meant for cats. Look at the size of the tail hole silly." she pointed out then sat on the counter, her tail swaying just a bit. "If you'd like I can make it bigger so your tail won't feel so...constricted."

"Please?" Ronnie asked, sighing a bit. "God, I feel stupid now." She shook her head, making her long hair sway. How she wished for a smoke right now. If only there wasn't that damn rule, then she could just pull her pack out. She then realized that she had smoked her last cigarette before coming here. She sighed. Today was just not her day.

Frot nods then grabs a pair of scissors. "Now I suggest you don't move because I'm only used to cutting tubes with scissors. You don't want your tail to end up the same way." she says then began to carefully make the small tail hole that was already in it bigger to fit a fox sized tail. Once she finished she put the scissors down and there the shreds of cloth away. "There, that better?"

Ronnie nodded. "Much. Thank you." She said, swishing her tail around. She looked over at Frost and tilted her head. "You're a strange cat, Miss Frost." She said, her ears twitching in curiosity.

"Please, just Frost. As for being strange, well I guess I can be at times although I have to ask..why do you feel that way?" Frost counter questioned her, wanting to know what brought about the sudden call from her.

"I don't know. You're less... cruel than some of the other mobians I've seen. You seem trustworthy, which is abnormal for me." Ronnie said, sitting down and looking over at Frost. Her tail swished silently.

"Well I'm really glad you think so although I've always been this so I'm not sure how that makes me weird. If you think I'm weird though then I guess I'm weird." Frost says then smiles a genuine smile at her while her own tail wraps around her waist for a second.

Ronnie gave her a half-smile before yawning. "Augh... Guess I shouldn't have pulled those all-nighters..." She murmured, thinking about her nights on the case. She leaned against the table, wanting to fall asleep right then and there.

"Maybe we should get you to bed so you on't pass out down here. It's going to be chilly tonight and the kitchen isn't exactly the best place to sleep during nights like these." Frost says then help the fox up to her room and sits her on the bed. "If you need anything I'm right down the hall. Night Ronnie." With that Frost left to head to bed herself since she'd have to be up early to work on those modified x-ray glasses.

Ronnie yawned. "Night..." She muttered before curling up and falling asleep. She breathed deeply, for once lowering her guard as she fell asleep. Her ears were twitching in her sleep.

Frost on the other hand couldn't sleep so she slipped on some extra clothing and headed out to her workshop and began to work on those glasses all night with no sign of being tired at all the entire time. In fact she was so awake that she even decided to make breakfast when the sun peeked over the horizon.

Ronnie rolled off the bed, waking up with a headache as her head hit the floor. "Augh! God..." She stood up and rubbed her head. "I can't believe that..." She shook her head as she walked downstairs, expecting to see some hotel lady or something. She then remembered where she was and sighed.

Frost was still downstairs in the kitchen when he heard some familiar footsteps. She turned to see that Ronnie had finally awoken then walked up to her and placed something in the fox's hand before walking back over to the stove to make sure the pancakes and eggs didn't burn.

Ronnie blinked and looked down at the thing in her hand. She shook her head before studying the object the cat had given her. Her ears twitched as she yawned.

What Frost had given her were cigarettes but not just any random cigarettes, they were cigarette that she made. They had less of a chance of giving her the harmful effects that normal ones do and they were smokeless so she could smoke them whenever to kill the craving, stay healthy and not plague Frost's home with tobacco smoke. Frost placed some eggs, two pancakes and a few strips of bacon on a plate then set it on the table. "Eat up sleepy head." she says then goes back to the stove to make her own breakfast.