Embers Of A Shinobi Burn Brightly

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC: sorry I didn't see it. Ill edit later.

Emiko simply nodded at Sosuke's plan. "Simple enough." With one handsign and a puff of smoke Emiko summoned 12 clones. During the smoke from the summon the real one escaped into the cover of the forest. All 12 clones would activate Hikari No Tsume at ones, but much smaller versions. One clone would stand back mascarading as the real Emiko. At this moment Sosuke used a fire technique that scattered around the feild. This provided perfect cover for the 11 clones that were rushing and the one slowly pacing behind. During all of this the real Emiko made her way behind Hiroshi sensei crouched in the bush. While she waited for her moment to grab the bells the clones would attack Hiroshi with their lesser versions of the Hikari while covering and supporting each other

Hiroshi kept reading his book while everything unfolded before him. The clones were a good distraction. But not good enough. Hiroshi didn't become a Jounin for his good looks and his glittering eyes. The first clone to appear before him, he crouched, dodging the attack. Rotating his body, his left extended, he caused that one to fall and disappear. Recovering from his stance, wasting no movement, he flicked the next clone on the head, confusing it, then kicked it into another clone, disappearing as well. Two steps ahead of the group, he threw a kunai out at the one staying behind while throwing another clone in the air. Doing a roundhouse kick to two more clones, Hiroshi used his momentum to land on another. Sideswiping the next to confront him, he flipped to the next page, enjoying the book. Twirling in the air, Hiroshi finished off the rest with kunai. While this transpired, the real Hiroshi popped up behind Emiko. Bending over to whisper in her ear, he jingled the bells once. "How does it feel, knowing that this is as close as you'll get to the bells." He said, a smirk on his face before disappearing back into the brush before appearing back in the middle of the field.

Liceus arrived late really late. Still it wasn't bad for him, it would mask him more. Hiding him as a slacker, as he arrived at the school he heard that there was a training event taking place at the training field. Fantastic. Almost sprinting he headed down there. As he arrived he noticed an event going on, taking a seat atop one of the stumps. He over watched the events of the tribulations unfold. A sly smile appeared on his face, noticing the event taking place , clones ? looked somewhat like a student passing exam. Liceus smiled, perhaps now would be a good time for him to announce himself. Still sitting on the roof he looked at the person who seemed to have already qualified. Paying his hand on the scroll next to him. Liceus spoke slowly and looking at the person dealing with the clones.
"Excuse me. Is this the, qualification exam for team three?" Liceus looked upon the group, a female's clones, and a swirl of red petals? Interesting. Keeping his seat atop one of the three stumps he watched the higher ranked sensei dealing with the techniques with relative ease. Had to be at least chuunin to take on a group of three lesser ninja, and from what Liceus was observing it seemed to be that the sensei was completely obliterating the duo. "My name is Liceus Lux, ive been assigned to team three. So I'm kind of hopeing that this is them, other wise I've gotta go look for some other people, and I'm still pretty sleepy so i'd rather not." Liceus slipped into a slow yawn as if to accentuate his point.

Emiko cused under her breath. Hiroshi didn't react the way it played out in Emiko's head. Her sensei even mocked her before returning to the middle of the feild. She wanted to lash out but calmy kept her cool. Stealthily she made her way back to Sosuke. On the way she thought about what she could do to get the bells without a relentless assault. Emiko had many jutsu in her arsenal. But they mostly pertained to attacking instead of special operations. She sat at the base of the tree Sosuke was remaining hidden in."Aparently were gonna need more than that. Any other ideas?" Emiko asked feeling stumped.

Two hours have past and May have already had reached the Village of Spirits. She was flying around the village with her hawk scouting for where Lord Ohda was, she was flying in the the clouds not being seen from anybody, scouting around. She noticed a big palace thinking that Lord Ohda must be there. Flying around the palace she was looking for a way in, there were a lot of guards but that was not a problem for her. May quickly made a plan how to infiltrate the palace.

May fused her wind chakra with the Hawk's chakra. The beast started to fire wind balls from his mouth attacking the palace, but that was just a distraction. May jumped from the hawk, grabbing her katana from her back and landed on the ground. There were 20 gurds outside, May smiled
"Easy enough" She said and started to attack the guards with her weapon. Few secounds have past and the guards were all dead, laying on the ground compleatly covered in blood. May entrered the palace seeing that most of the guards were outside trying to kill her hawk. May made some hand seals and her hawk disappered, the distraction was fine most of the guards were outsied and she was walking to the throne room killing some guards to the way there, she made a path of dead bodys all around the palace. May reached the throne room seeing a big door blocking her way in, with one sling with her katana she made an arc of wind sliceing the door in two "Is that the best you have lord Ohda" She said entering the throne room, there were many guards ther 50, 60 maybe 70 "You will need more guards to stop me Ohda" may said while the guards were ready to attack her. May jumped in the air and took a deep breath, she made some hand seals and said "Wind style: Hundred wind bullets jutsu" Shooting all of the guards with her wind bullets that came from her mouth. May landed on the ground walking towards Lord Ohda pasing the pool of dead bodys all over the room "Now what are you going to do Lord Ohda" She said holding her katana and waiting hor Ohda to attack her.

Hiroshi looked up from from his book. "You must be liceus. Your exam is to take one of these two bells. If you don't manage to get one, you'll be tied to a post all night with no dinner. If no one is able to grab a bell, then you all fail and you are never again able to take the exams and never be a shinobi. I hope for your sake, you figure out what to do. Its almost sunset and no one has grabbed a bell." Turning back to his book, Hiroshi waited for what was to come next from the guy who barely passed.

Sosuke looked at Hiroshi. It was as he thought. Hiroshi had went right back to the middle. On his flaming petals of course.
"Shadow imitation jutsu."
Sosuke extended his own shadow towards Hiroshi. He expending the last of his chakra into this shadow technique. He didn't have time to think of another plan, seeing as he was going to fall asleep soon once he had expended his chakra. The petals had made excellent shadows and it was what he needed in order to extend his own shadow towards Hiroshi. Shadow imitation meant that Hiroshi would do as Sosuke did, seeing as it was evident that Hiroshi had blindly stepped back into the center.
"Liceus, get moving! I can't hold him forever. Emiko, you go too!! I'll hold him as long as I can!"
Sosuke was certain that it was only a matter of time before he completely ran out of chakra. He wasn't going to stick around for something pointless.

Lord Ohda just smiled. "Is this all he had up his sleeve. A girl to come and fight for him. Now he's just insulting me. Leave at once you foolish girl or I'll have to kill you!"
He smiled and walked towards her. He stepped on the dead guards as he did so, drawing a few of his own weapons. Lord Ohda was a pompous man and hardly ever did any physical work, but he figured he could take on this simple female. There was no way she could have taken out his entire army. Guards poured in from all sides and ninja too. He was going to throw every thing he had at her. He did not want to give up his land.
"You look familiar girl... Ah now I remember. Your parents? My men killed them didn't they," He laughs icily, "Let me tell you, those people who killed your parents, are looking for you."
He said nothing more as his guards and few ninja went after her.

Hiroshi looked up from his book once again. The students still hadn't learned what to do. The only thing they did right was team work. Of course, Hiroshi may have appeared to be in the middle. But that was what they weren't noticing. Their analytical skills were lacking. Every time they attacked, it was a clone while he appeared behind them. The bells may have been the main objective, but it also served as a distraction. Their only focus was getting them instead of figuring out where he truly was and to study my tactics. Appearing behind Sosuke, Hiroshi smiled at him. "You have great teamwork skills. But you lack analytical. You figured out I appeared back to the middle of the field, but you never took in consideration that they were always clones and I always appeared behind you. The reason why I always go to the same spot is there is a hole in the ground where I can tunnel my way to where I need. I use genjutsu to cover it up. My clone and the bell serves as a distraction. I hope you learn from this experience." And with a few hand signs, he called out his special jutsu. "Shadow technique : shadow sealing jutsu." And with that, all his students were consumed by shadows and moved from where they stood back to the original training grounds. Releasing them of their prison, Hiroshi greeted them with a smile. "You all pass." He said, laughing on the inside at the looks of puzzlement on their faces.

Liceus hadn't moved this whole time, by far too bored to even begin to do a demonstration of his skill. Though he could have jumped in he didn't bother. Watching the sensei claim they all passed whilst all Liceus did was sit on his back-side and watch. Cocking an eye brow he looked at the sensei.
"I'm sorry i missed a good deal of the exam. I would offer to show what i can do but seein as it's already over that would be some what...Pointless." Smiling lighty he looked at the sensei, as he folded his arms across his chest keeping his seated position upon the stump. Some what, reluctant to even admit he took part, let alone passed. Or for that matter that he was beaten by a shadow technique. The complete antipode of his powers. He was not puzzled nor bemused rather more of an annoyed look lay there. Yawning widely again another thought crossed his mind as he looked at the sensei.
"I beg your pardon but perhaps i could learn you names? After all i was a little late getting here." Granted he had been late in arrival this was purely to learn the names of his fellow team-mates. Even if he didn't know if he would like them. As a rather bored look settled upon his face he glanced over at the sun, the last rays of light shining out thier final dues. Then all the land would become dark once again. Ninja operated in the dark, but the most skilled, move in the light.

May's anger grew from his words, tightening her grip of the katana and raiseing her head looking at Lord Ohda's eyes with compleate darkness. She said nothing, just wanting to kill him, seeing that a few guards and ninjas appeared but they had no chance at stoping her, "You fool, you think you can stop me" she said with a dark tone in her voice "A whole army cant stop me and you dare to send your few men to kill me" she laughed seeing that his men were going to attack her, but she wasn't going to waste any chakra on them. May made a back flip dodging their attacks, appearing in front of one of his man just in a secound and stabbing him in the stomache, blocking some of the others attack she quickly attacked back, killing almost all of his guards only a few ninjas left. Seeing the ninjas using their jutsus to kill her but with no effort, she dodged all of thei attacks and conter with her own attack without even using a jutsu. Few secounds have past and only one man was standing, he tryed to attack her but she quickly appeared behind him and cut his head off with her katana "Now what are you going to do you fool" She said smiling.

Upon hearing the latest announcement, Sosuke laid on the ground. He was so tired and he was really starting to hate Hiroshi-sensei with every fiber in his body. He didn't even bother waiting to hear the rest of what he had to say. Even though Sosuke hated his sensei at the moment, he wasn't going to be down right rude to him. He would just make it known.
"For the record Hiroshi-sensei, I hate you."
Sosuke's statement was just blunt. He wanted to make sure that his sensei was aware of that. Sosuke was aware of every flaw that he had and he didn't them emphasized or pointed out. Especially since someone on their team hadn't even shown their skills yet. Sosuke was just really pissed off. Eventually his anger, left him even more tired and he actually fell asleep, rage emanating from him. No one had ever pissed him off so much. He was happy to be an official shinobi, though. Now he could continue on with his life. Sosuke didn't even bother introducing himself to Liceus. He was only being cautious so that he would not appear to be rude or stand offish.

Lord Ohda did not grow fearful. He instead pulled out his best trick yet. Corpses were brought in and he smiled cruelly.
"Are these your parents?"
He laughed, "You'll never avenge them foolish girl! You're too weak."
His army had been crippled , but he was not about to expend the men on this one girl. He didn't havea time for it. Lord Ohda was going to have to do it himself. He made a few hand signs and within seconds his body expanded like a balloon and he was charging at the girl with intense speed. However, it was questionable as to whether or not this was the real Ohda. Perhaps it was a farse and an opprotunity for a distraction.

May stood there without moving, she was paralyzed seeing her parents kept by this man, she looked very surprised thinking that they were burned in the fire, a tear fell from her right eye as she looked at them, "You monster you are going to die for what you did" May quickly brushed the tear off of her cheek seein that lord Ohda was attacking her. May jumped back making some hand signs and releasing a stream of wind from her mouth, that cuts everything it touches, at her opponenet. She was not in the best form now, seeing her parents she was distracted an couldnt fight as ussual, thinking just for them and not that much concentrated at her opponent. She has to snap out of it or she could lose the battle and she has no intention in loosing.

Hiroshi smiled at what Sosuke said. The only reason why the team passed was Sosuke's ability to work with his team. But liceus wasn't in the clear. You should never be late for your team. If this was real and an s rank mission, Sosuke and Emiko would be in trouble. "Emiko, would you like ramen? My treat." He offered, giving Emiko a smile. Then looking at the late comer, Hiroshi formed a few hand signs. "You liceus, are not in the clear. You may have passed due only to Sosuke and Emiko. But you were also late, failing to help your team. Your punishment is the same if failed to grab a bell." Tying liceus up, he put a seal on the rope so it was inescapable, no replacement jutsu, nothing able to get out until the sun touches the rope. "Sealing technique : fire sunrise sealing jutsu." Picking up the sleeping Sosuke, Hiroshi took him off to Sosuke's house so he he could sleep, motioning Emiko to follow so they could eat ramen.

Emiko felt played. "How could I miss a freakin tunnel in the ground!" Emiko began pacing back and forth " I never got to demonstrate my new technique, my pattern was obvious, and sensei didn't even break a sweat." In her head she had already planned out her training regiment for the next week. She turned to Hiroshi sensei. "I-I won't be satisfied until my next battle. This won't happen again" The girl promised while avoiding eye contact with her sensei. The way she saw it there was no time to celebrate her entrance into the shinobi world. She had to get stronger as fast as possible. She didn't even bother introducing herself to the third teammate. It was as if she was abit ashamed to introduce herself after such a mediocre preformance.
Emiko took a deep breath before slowly approaching Sosuke who seemed to be in an irritable mood. She could tell she was shaking abit so she took another breath while being careful to avoid his eyes. "Umm.. S-Sosuke... You see I-I.. I wanna get stronger. A-And you spot my flaws before I do... S-So.. Do you think you could help me out sometime?" She wiped the flustered look off of her face. Emiko hated when she got like that.
She then realized Sosuke was actually sleeping at a time like this. "Grrrrrr. Sosuke!" Right before she blew her top Hiroshi sensei offered ramen which would surely cheer Emiko up.
"Y-Yes Sensei" she followed

Liceus shrugged as best he could with the rope around him. He didn't care. The more he looked useless the better his ambiguity, wishing the others well he slipped into a sleep whilst against the stump in the ropes. What better way to pass time than with sleep? Though he could break free of the ropes with a simple technique he wouldn't use any of his special ones unless he had no choice. So for now he'd play the game, he'd let the shadows rule. Until the dawn broke and the sun beat down again. Sleeping soundly against the ropes, Liceus was glad. Now he'd deal with two issues in one moment. Exposure and hunger. Still complacent with the situation he smiled, having turned up late he'd have to face the consequences.
"The ones who turn out to be the best. Are often the ones tied to the post."

Sosuke had been feeling movement. He actually got up realizing he had forgotten something. Sosuke moved with a purpose, which was a rare sight to see. He was soon ahead of Emiko and Hiroshi-sensei. He had a white flower in hand and finally arrived at the Konoha gravesite.
"Ren, I became a shinobi, just like you always wanted to be. I'll never be as great as you were, but I'll work hard from now on." Sosuke said to the grave.
He could no longer stay up and fell asleep by his brother's grave and was too tired to walk home. Sosuke often fell asleep by his brother's grave whether it rained or snowed. Sosuke's brother Ren loved the snow. He visited his brother's grave the most in the winter time. Sosuke had not eaten and his stomach growled as he slept, but he did not wake up.

Lord Ohda still attacked the girl, flinging an explosive kunai at her back. His first move had been a distraction as usual. Why on earth would he charge a girl like that head on. He had no reason to and the best part was that she seemed to be distracted by something. He was almost certain it was the girl's parents. He would burn the corpses after he had killed the girl. There would be no reason to keep them after that. His main target was probably on his way or already here. Lord Ohda was not going to give up his territory so easily, but he was running out of tricks. Soon he would be out of ideas and forced to face May for real. He was not for close up combat when his enemy was tricky like this one.

Sereza was on her way out with Kiro and Hana when she spotted Sosuke sleeping at the gravesite of his brother. Hiroshi was not too far behind him.
"Hey! Hiroshi!" She yelled, "Did your student pass?"
She walked over to Sosuke. He looked angry. It was actually kind of scary and his stomach was growling. Why did the rest of his team leave him here by himself? She wondered.

Hana was trailing Sereza sensei closely.
"Are you getting ramen too Emiko!?" Hana's voice was loud.
She noticed Sosuke over there, but didn't know that he was sleeping.
"Hey Sosuke! Did you pass?" She yelled.
Sosuke didn't respond to her.
"Hiroshi-sensei, did Sosuke fail? Is that why he's laying down over there?"
Hana was unsure why Sosuke would be resting in a graveyard of all places. That was just a little creepy. He couldn't have felt that bad about failing could he. She felt really bad, but she had become a shinobi and that was all that mattered. Sosuke would just have to try again next year. But at least now Sosuke would have more time for her. Kiro had no chance now.

Shinichi looked and noticed right away that Sosuke was sleeping. He also knew that Sosuke was angry right now. It emanated from him in waves. He wondered what had been done to piss him off so much. Shinichi would like to fight Sosuke like this. He wanted to feed off the anger and hate that came off him in waves. Shinichi's eyes became intense. He could feel of the anger. So pure, so much hatred, but who was it for. Shinichi desperately wanted to know and he stared at Sosuke with such an intensity, that it looked suspicious.

"We'll see." Hiroshi responded to liceus. "It is not until the caterpillar has done its job for the butterfly can truly shine. Pay your dues and maybe one day everyone will recognize your true potential." After dropping off Sosuke, Hiroshi took Emiko for ramen. "Three Ham and shrimp ramen bowls, one for me and two for a great pupil who's worked hard and earned such a fabulous meal." He told the chef. Looking back at Emiko, Hiroshi gave her a smile. "You did well today. It wasn't your fault that you didn't grab a bell. You show great promise and I feel you'll do great things. Of course, you need practice. And I'll help you. Now, eat up." Hiroshi said, digging into his ramen.

"And sensei? doesn't it strike you as odd that up in the tree behind you is something moving, reading a book, wearing a mask?" Cypher's true invisible body reaches forward and grabbing for the true mask, from the tree. Only to get skillfully blocked and knocked out of the tree.... Cypher fell to the ground with a poof, onto the grass.
"soft landing..." he muttered comtemptly to himself.

May had to be more seriouse she was losing her mind seeing her parents here, she couldnt fight like this. Snap out of it, Snap out of it. I have to be more concentrated, May thought to herself as she looked closely to her opponent. Emptying her mind of the thoughts she had about her parents and compleatly concentrating on Lord Ohda, "Now Im ready" She said to herself quietly.

Her first attack didnt harm lord Ohda at all, she wasnt concentrated like she was now. May smiled grabbing the explosive kunai while she was still in the air before it could hit her and threw it on the ceiling, May stepped on the wall and saw how the kunai exploded and the ceiling collapsed on top of Lord Ohda, May jumped from the wall and landed on top of Ohda placing her katana on his neck and said
"No where to run now" She wasnt shure if that was the real Ohda so she still keep her gurad up. May's katana started to glow green making small cuts on Ohda's neck "Now tell me what you know of my parents killers" May said scouting the room with her eyes.

Emiko noticed Sosuke split and walk to he path of the gravesite. She figured she should just leave him alone when it came to a matter like that so she did.
As promised Hiroshi-Sensei took Emiko out for ramen. Emiko's face lit up when she was given two bowls of Ham and Shrimp ramen. "Yay! She shouted and her appealing voice shot out. Then she was showered with compliments from her sensei who semmed to notice how strong she really was and even what she needed to progress. Her face grew shades of red as she smiled. "T-Thanks a lot Hiroshi sensei." She nodded. Emiko shot around when she heard her name called. It was Hana as hyperactive as ever. "Yeah Hana, come eat with me!" Emiko said unusually happy. She got up literally yanking Hana over to the seat next to her. "S-So how was your test Hana? By the way.. Sosuke's sleeping. And he kinda needs it for once so." She motioned to Hana to keep her voice down. Emiko was surprisingly happy at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.