Ember: The Dying Flame

A

Auuth

Original poster
The day is dark, as the sun begins to hide 'neath the trees and mountains. Inside a small down sits a man, tattered in ragged clothes, his body consumed by flame. Slowly, a maiden approaches him, with all the villagers around him to bear witness to the kind act. His face remained hooded, but the pink arms that reached out graciously accepted the mug the young woman offered him. Swiftly she escaped his horrid gaze, fearful that she may faint or cause an ill reaction to the poor man.

Yet, smoke, rose from him! How odd, how a man, so calm, so tranquil, has appeared, only to show that he still suffers the attack on his life. And there were strong men around him, oh yes. Boulders for men- vikings passing through the town, all gazed to him with jaws resting comfortably against their table's surface. In awe, the crowd watched, he head of the man slowly lifting upwards, inhaling a painful breath, it was heard, as his tender chin showed in the sunlight, his throat smoothly taking down the liquid. Reluctantly, like the Sloth, the man detached the cup from his lips, and would slowly bring it back to the table.

"... Wha' happened to you?" The voice came in awe, from one of the larger men, needing to know what laid across their shimmering lake, where they found him, inside of his burning boat. How he managed to make land, even breathe and live, was unknown. But soon, the figure produced enough strength to turn to the man, pulling back his hood with immense care not to drag it along his slimy scalp, due to the fluids his body produced to attempt repairing his damned corpse. His eyes, white and dead, stared to the man with a healthy blow to his heart. His words did not drift through the air as well as his breath did, no. They pierced, and called out, summoning a greater presence to be felt by the stranger's eyes. Something larger than himself.

"...Is it not so obvious...?"

His voice was raspy, as would anyone's. But his question was simple, a confirmation of their worst fears. The bartender shrieked in horror to the news, a few of the men slowly turning to pray, while panic and fear enveloped around them. But the man and the stranger, they kept staring. For the man could not eat enough of the aura that came from the stranger, and the stranger had too much to keep to himself.

Swiftly after that day, the same day that man fell asleep and never woke again, did news spread throughout the lands. Terrors ranging from raptors the size of trees, stemming to a God hiding behind the mountains. Tales of the dark sorcerer Reventus returning from his slumber, and this was his first act against Man. Tales of the Hearth Fire, soon to purge the world and save the souls. No matter the rumors, the tales told, the bounty promising a castle remained prevalent in any town, any village, any kingdom. The single sentence was uttered to every king, to every boy, demanding that the eyes of those who listened be opened greatly, and praise the true horror to have conquered the world.

A Dragon lays near the pond.

----------------------------------------------------

REQUIREMENTS:

-2 paragraph minimum, any less will immediately drop my interest and you may consider that a personal termination of the RP.

-Questions upon questions. This world is not complete, so creating characters perhaps may be more in your hand than you think. Regardless, questions are a sign of interest, and I will not write a single syllable to utter unto the ears of those unwilling. Much rather would I write to myself.

-Communication to allow my own schedule, as well as a polite response when I ask of someone else's. I like to be nice, and with that statement alone should you assume I inherently would like to be friends with whoever partakes in this story. But if I cannot have good times, let me at least have experienced ones, and at least let me know when you're too busy for my time.

I will be accepting more than one person, should any be interested at all. Either commenting or contacting me personally are both welcomed indeed.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Chaotic Moth
I am keenly interested in this. I would like to hear more about the slimy man's head.