G

Gands

Original poster
upload_2017-5-6_23-17-25.png

Metropolis. The city most held up to symbolize the American dream. Liberty and Independence, Delaware's motto. Held tightly to by Metropolisians (or Metropolites, the terms are in about equal use).
A city shaped by its savior, Superman. A symbol of how one man can accomplish anything, and do the right thing, despite the outside pressures of the world and opposition.
Not that Metropolis doesn't have its dark side, it's ugly side. Many of its villains sit in glass skyscrapers, enacting their evils from inside of board rooms and on conference calls
There's a dark side to Metropolis. It just gets a new coat of paint and some shiny chrome to hide it.

Welcome to Metropolis

This sandbox rp is part of the Epic Mashup Clan.
Find it here and check it out. https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/groupdiscussions/epic-mashup.219/

Spawn, after getting a tip from a supernatural source to check this old factory began investigating. Looking through windows at the southern end of the factory yielded no results. Nor far away he could hear a jet approach.

@Breach

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes was about to use Morse, when he realized that Arcee didn't know it. Hand gestures would only be useful for describing certain things. Thinking quickly, he switched to another channel. Sending a message in Morse to another comrade of his, one who could read Morse. Before switching back to the one everyone on the team was using.

Eventually a new voice spoke over coms. "Testing, testing. One, two, three. One, two, three." Snake Eyes quickly beeped a message to the new voice. "Gotcha. Snakes asked me to join the comms channel to act as a translator for when our mute ninja friend uses Morse. Incase you were wondering who this is. Name's Tunnel Rat."

Now with a translator present. Snake Eyes went on to beep another message over comms. "Okay.....It would seem Snake Eyes want Arcee? Cool name. Anyways, he wants you to be on exfil duty and close nearby. Incase Snakes need backup and get out of there as fast as possible. The rest of you, provide reconnaissance. Anyone got any objections?" Tunnel Rat finished.

Snake Eyes waited just incase anyone else want to object to their given roles, and wanted a different one.

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Michale CS

Reactions: Gands
One hand presses the ground as she now crouches, her eyes constantly scanning their surroundings. She doesn't see anything… she doesn't hear anything that would be considered out of place. Just something… doesn't feel right to her. Maybe she's getting to paranoid in her old age.

Her eyes move towards Snake Eyes as he seems to be making some gestures. Uh oh… she suddenly realizes… he's mute, and she doesn't know the code he uses to communicate. So how…

No sooner does the problem pop into her head, the solution is offered. Her eyes narrow as she glances down, hearing the new voice. Then towards Snake Eyes does her drift gaze, and she finds herself smirking a little to give him the thumbs up. Obviously appreciative of the solution.

Tunnel Rat comments on her name, and she speaks softly into the comms. ++"Thanks. Had it my whole life."++ Arcee's gaze moves along the perimeter of the building, and then suddenly she is on the move. Lots of debris around here, lots of places for her to hide. She sprints silently along the ground, then leaps up to vault onto a low rooftop… a shed connected to one of the buildings. She crouches there, scanning the area as she speaks softly.

++"Nice meeting you, well your voice at least. Tunnel Rat, huh? I got a friend that's a rat."++
She leaps up once more, grasping the edge of a windowsill, the window of course gone. Much of these buildings seems to be gone. ++"I don't mean in the sense he's a bad person. I mean like… he's literally a rat. Name's Rat Trap. Nice guy."++ She stops so she's now sitting in a crouch at the corner of one of the building's roofs, her hand grasping the ledge. ++"Snake Eyes, I've found a good position. Got eyes on you. I'm your shadow now."++

Tagging: @The Wanderer, @LuckycoolHawk9, @Gands, @Michale CS

Spawn noticed an machine like woman'mjumping on a shed.Spawn knew that she was experience and knew what she was doing from the way she move.Spawn saw this has a opportunity to gain information, so he crawled across the building's wall,while being cloak, stop near half way and said with an echo, "Who are you? Are you alone and most importantly, why are you here?"Chains, with fanged skulls at the end of them, started sprout around the woman, not attacking, but waiting to strike.

Detroit
Abandoned factory on the outskirts of the city.

Aboard the Jet, Stark's Gizmo seems to indicate energy levels off the chart one level below street level. As your pilot brings it to a gentle rest not far away on an empty parking lot, Hell runner jumps out and speeds off seeming to disappear.

Nearby, where Spawn and Arcee are just now meeting, Spawn can not detect any evil in his immediate area.

Snake eyes with one of his Shield gizmo's can not detect any movement or energy use at ground level. However.... there is a lot of power... underground...

@Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Breach @Michale CS

Felicity Smoak and James Hunter

James was a little mad that Hell Runner had ridden off without him. Where was he even going? Hadn't he been the one who wanted revenge the most? He looked over at Felicity. " Should it be doing that thing?" He asked, looking at the gizmo.

" The energy readings are off the charts. I imagine what we are going to have to find is underground. Though, how we are going to get there is going to be interesting. There must be a way not too far." Once the plane lands, Felicity walks out to see if there was a way underground.

@Gands @Camleen @Michale CS

Arcee's head bows down a little as she now looks left to right, eyes only moving. Something is close to her suddenly… and it isn't easy to sneak up on her. She can't quite yet see who is out there… but she feels something is there. The receptacles on the back of her neck stand up. Which… would be like the hair on the back of one's neck standing up.

Her voice comes forth in almost a whisper as she pushes herself to her feet slowly. ++"Arcee to Snake Eyes and squad… Something's here, don't know what yet. Keep your distance, I'll handle it. Over."++ She hopes she'll handle it, at least.

It's then she hears the low and echoing voice, seeming to almost come from all around her. Her knees bend as she takes a sudden defensive stance, but she makes no actions yet. Yet. The voice wants information… and now chains rise up around her. She frowns as she turns slowly, seeing she is surrounded by those chains. She still can't see who it is… but she knows it's no Con. They don't go about things like this.

++"Okay, answering in order."++

She says to the unseen Spawn. She continues to look into the darkness, her slim and tall form turning slowly in a circle. ++"Name is Rainbow Dash. Yes, I'm alone of course. I'm here looking for something that was taken from a pal of mine. Now it's my turn."++ She looks like she takes a deep breath.. though of course she doesn't breath. ++"I don't particularly care who you are. Unless you're one of the ones that took this thing, you better back up. I'm not in any mood for these shadow games. If you're just here as coincidence, get clear of me or I will frag you up. I promise."++ There, that should keep him focused on her. ++"Your tough guy in the night routine reeeeeeally doesn't impress me, pal. I've seen it done way better. Though the chains are an adorable touch."++

Tagging: @Gands, @The Wanderer, @LuckycoolHawk9, @Breach, @Michale CS

The chains started to hiss and their eyes sockets started to glow firey green to what she said about them. Spawn did not like her answers , especially the stupid fake name,and he knew, from his military days, that she was just buying time for someone or something. So he decided to to hurry this along and get his answers. So his chains started to covered and bind her. Spawn then pulled the chains to the corner of the factory and hang her upside down. Spawn said in a deep demonic echo, that sounded like the roar of a volcano, " No games! What is your name, what is your mission , are you alone, and what/who is in this factory!" Spawn knew she was not evil, but he does not know if she is actually here to stop him from founding out what is in this factory or if she is trying protect it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Detroit

Abandoned Factory.

At that exact moment, a woman comes flying down from high up in the sky.

upload_2017-8-29_0-36-57.png

Holding a sword in one hand and a shield in the other.

" Pardon, I was told by Master Stark to find the heroes near that Jet there. "

She gestures to the nearby landed jet.

" While I'm at it, I will say, if this is Arcee, Stark did say I should welcome her to the fight against Ultron, I am Dianna, called Wonder Woman. Now, whoever you are, you do not have the appearance of someone or something who fights for good. Please release her at once. (( She gestures to the chains )) "

@Breach @Camleen

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes gave a thumbs up when Arcee announced she had found a perfect position. He proceeded to make his way into the abandoned factory. He couldn't go in through the front door, as that is where it is most likely heavily trapped. Same could be said about the various holes and cracks from the passage of time.

He contemplated taking the vent path. But due to the decay that has affected the factory over time. The ventilation system could not be stable. And could infact act as a hindrance. Taking time, and can alert the enemy to what's going on if it were to collapse.

So, Snake Eyes looked for another way in. He soon found one. Several feet above him. It was going to be difficult one to get to, but it was his safest bet.

Using the cracks in the wall, Snake Eyes climbed to the window. He did have to be careful, as one mishap would surely injure him to the point where he would need medical attention. He almost slipped as he made a leap to the ledge leading to the window. But he just barely managed to grab it. Hoisting himself up onto it. Snake Eyes looked into the factory to see if there was anything to take note of inside that would give him a hint, before he would enter. All he needed were tracks, or anything of the sort.

@Camleen @Gands @Breach @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS

Yep. She pissed him off.

Her eyes widen a little as she hears those hisses seeming emanating from the chains themselves. Well that's a new one for her. Did the chains get angry? Are they more than just extensions of limbs? Like a leg or something? And then just as suddenly those chains are wrapping around her slim form, and she lets out a grunt as she tries to break free from them, her back arching. But she isn't going to 'break' the chains, or slip out of them yet.

When she came online this morning, this is not how she saw her day going.

She is slung upside down, her feet kicking for a moment as best they can. As if trying to find the ground. Arcee lets out another little grunt as she tries to break the chains, her arms attempting to flex outwards. No go. Her wide softly glowing blue eyes flicker in the direction she thinks that awful voice is coming from, her lips parted a little as she hangs there. But she doesn't really show fear.

But to say she isn't afraid would be folly. Anyone in their right state of mind would be frightened when confronted by such a being under these circumstances. Arcee certainly does feel fear in her Spark. But… well this isn't Arcee's first rodeo, so to speak. She's a scout, and she's been on many many missions. So that raises the odds that she's been captured by the enemy. And most of those enemies want answers from her. Torture is no new thing to Arcee, she's been there. Far too many times. But all of those times she has been captured and had… horrid… things done to her… they have taught her one valuable lesson.

Keeping your head in the game when you have been captured and being interrogated. And maybe… just maybe… use a little reverse interrogation of your own… it's a subtle thing… but it seems to have worked.

She now speaks as she looks out into the darkness, her eyes shifting slowly side to side as she tries to get her bearings. ++"So you don't know what's here, huh? So that means you're not one of my targets. I know you didn't come here with me. Pretty sure I would have remembered seeing you. So what, you're just some creep that wandered here when you saw all the pretty lights? And that tells me that whatever or whoever might be here is none of your damned business. And "++ She falls silent a moment… and then an arrogant smirk draws across her metallic lips. ++"As for games… you're not even in my league, chief."++

Arcee knows with all that being said, there's a 75% chance that things are about to get… very… bad for her.

But that's when another suddenly shows up. A soft gasp of surprise escapes her lips as she catches sight of Wonder Woman suddenly just… dropping out of the sky. She just stares wordlessly at her.

These little organic creatures really do come out of nowhere, don't they?

Her eyes blink when Wonder Woman mentions her name, and she finds herself smiling a little. She's either being saved or about to get torn to scrap. ++"Yeah, I'm Arcee."++ She then directs her words towards the Spawn, not really able to see him yet. ++"Rainbow Dash is my gamertag. Oh, forgot you're not into games."++ She tries to shrug, but can't really. Ya know, chains and all.

She then motions towards Wonder Woman with her head as she speaks. ++"I'm not even from this planet and I know who that is. You really ready to take her on, tough guy? I sure as scrap wouldn't."++

Tagging: @Gands, @Breach, @LuckycoolHawk9, @The Wanderer

Spawn smirk under his mask because while she thought she trick him into giving her information. He fooled her into letting out information as well, when she was being witty and smart to him.Spawns knows that She is after multiple targets, one he knows that it is a device, she had help getting to the factory, and that meant she was not working alone. Before he could think further on this information, suddenly something came down from the sky in gold.

Spawn thought that it is about to get bad if it is what he thinks it is and thought he should throw the "woman" far away from this soon to be a battle. However, when he saw this person in gold land, he saw this person's image more clearly, it was the world famous Wonder Woman.

He relaxes a bit, he knows she fights for Justice and what is right, she will not attack him, depending. When Wonder Woman mentions that this female figure was Arce and she here to help Arce to beat Ultron, a memory came to Spawn's head of one of his "practice" battles in hell.
It was one where he met a transformer, a Giant transforming living machine, they were to warring factions, one the Autobots and the other was the Decepticons. Spawn met these metal giants in his trip to hell, one particular named Ferek, a Decepticon. Ferek boasted about his wonderful hunting "games", one where he mentions a autobot ,scout called Arcee, and how he would take Spawns head and found a way out of hell to Torture and kill her/ everyone she cares about. Few moments after Ferek talked to Spawn and told him this, Ferek head was separated from his body and his crushed was between Spawn's fingers. After that Spawn found out more about this Arcee, from his encounters with other Decepticons in hell who were killed by Arcee: she was fast, tough,and had a will of iron. The more he learn about Arcee the more he found that he respected this Arcee.

Back to the present, Spawn hears that Wonder Woman wants him to let go Arcee from his chains and how he looks like he was not on the side of good. So, he knows that one of Arcee's targets was the infamous Ultron and this Ultron maybe related to what is happening in this factory. A thought came to him that his mission and theirs,Arcee and Wonder Woman, are aligned some what. He also knew that there were always power in numbers, especially with the strength and skills of a amazon and a robot veteran scout.

As Spawn's chains starts to unwrap around Arcee body and dropping her, Spawn said , in a calm demonic tone that Arcee can only hear, " I am surprised that you like games after your experience in Ferek's so called game where he tried to hunt you for "duty" and fun, he talks a lot about you after you killed him 60,000 years ago. Don't worry the last time I saw him was when I took off and had his head crushed between my hands when he thought I was easy prey."

He let that statement sink into Arcee and he dropped down right in front of Wonder Woman. He said in an even tone," I know I am not a good man, even dawned, but I know that I have taken down monsters, humans, and others that thought that they can do what they want to this world and its people. I also know that whatever is in this factory and what this Ultron is planning with it is dangerous because if Ultron should succeed, there would be others who would benefit greatly in the destruction that Ultron will bring. We can work together but doesn`t matter to me as long as he is stop and destroyed. I do have a way to get to what we are looking for."

Detroit
Abandoned Factory

Near the landed Jet, Felicity, James and Ben ( who is trailing behind ) find a power conduit tunnel about 15 feet down.

Snake eyes own investigation reveals tracks in the dust that end suddenly along with evidence that the first floor has surveillance cameras and other Security measures.

Wonder Woman gives each of the others a nod. She then speaks into a communicator.

" Hercules, you are done ? good. They have found it, I am sending you co ordinates. Come soon or miss the fun."

To Snake eyes she sends text.

" Wonder Woman here to Support, I have Martian Man hunter and Wonder Man doing high cover."

@The Wanderer @Camleen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Breach

Felicity Smoak and James Hunter

" Well,at least we found our entrance. Of course, nothing is ever easy. I think we should wait for the others before we get here. Speaking of things, why did you steal the flash drive earlier off me James?" Felicity asked him.

James was dumbfounded. Nobody had ever called him out of his thievery. " How-"

" James, I worked with the Flash and the Hood. I'm used to weird stuff. Plus, I mean- it's mighty coincidental that the flash drive happened to wind up in your hands after I lost it."

" Uhh-- It was mostly an accident. I wasn't planning on taking it. I guess it is my own fault for-"

" It's fine. You already protected me twice. I am fine not knowing."

@Gands @Camleen @Breach @The Wanderer

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes watched on, taking note of the position of the cameras and traps. Using his communicator. He sends a message via Morse. After a few seconds, Tunnel Rat speaks over comms. "Ok.....Snake Eyes has spotted some cameras and stuff on the interior. Anyone who is going in. Be careful." Tunnel Rat sounded like he was doing his best to decipher Morse code.

With that finished. Snake Eyes took care to climb inside. Carefully following the tracks from above. He did have to take several alternate paths to avoid being seen by a camera or to avoid setting off a trap.

He was curious as to where the tracks would lead....

@Camleen @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Breach

She hangs upside down still… but she starts to feel the chains loosen around her form. It takes her a moment to realize she is indeed still upside down… and there is gravity at work on this planet. Immediately she starts to fall, and to her credit she tries to twist her body to land on her feet. If she had another meter or so to work with, it would have been a beautiful landing. But as it is, she lands in a stumble and drops to one knee with a grunt.

Her gaze moves towards Spawn as now he speaks of Ferek… Ferek… one of the Seekers, considered himself a Huntsman. She narrows her eyes towards Spawn, and slowly she pushes herself to her feet. ++"So what, am I supposed to feel some connection to you? Because we both killed Ferek?"++ She huffs softly, her gaze moving in the direction she saw Snake Eyes travel in. She starts to speak once more, her gaze moving back towards the Spawn. ++"I don't know what your play is by mentioning Ferek. But you listen to me, fleshling. He thought it was a game, I didn't. He tried to ambush me at Hydrax Plateau. We were both soldiers fighting in the war that is still going on. I'm not worried about him. If he were to want to come and take a second shot at me… I'd gladly hand his tailfin to him again."++

She turns and starts to move away, looking in Wonder Woman's direction. ++"Thanks for the save."++ A brief pause. ++"Cute outfit."++ She doesn't listen to most of Spawn's rambling, but she does hear the last part.
++"So wait"++
She stops and looks towards him, motioning in his direction as she speaks. ++"You come here, get in my business, try to interrogate me, tie me up with those weird as frag chains, threaten me, mention something I'm not totally proud of myself about… and now you want to help? We're supposed to be chums? You wanna come to my place, we can hang out and watch the YouTubes, maybe?"++ She snorts softly, turning as she raises a hand towards the side of her head. ++"Get bent, tough guy. I'll take my chances with my squad."++ She starts to walk as she speaks, her free hand in a fist at her side. ++"Arcee to ground squad… I'm back online. Got some heavy hitters helpin us now. Snake Eyes, I'm closing in on your position."++ She cuts off the communicator and now goes into a light jog towards one of the main buildings. ++"At least I think I am."++

Tagging: @Gands, @Breach, @LuckycoolHawk9, @The Wanderer

Last edited:
After Arcee told him off and mentions she not interested because of what happened between them, she left.He wanted to see if mentioning Ferek will get her to mention anything else, which work because now he knows that she is not alone, but part of a squad. He also knows that she is not proud of killing Ferek.

Him mentioning Ferek had more reasoning behind it then just for information because Spawn was trying to let her know that there are those in helll are waiting for a chance to get there revenage on her and the autobots, so that she an be ready for them.

Spawn saw something fly near the corner of his eyes and saw 13 dragonflies flying near one of the windows of the factory. Spawn mind reaches out to them, they stood still for a moment, but resume movement. He told them, in their minds, that they to stay close to that metal woman, but far enough away to make sure they avoid suspicion from her and anyone else.Also, to Alert him and/or Arcee if they sense danger and /or if they found the device.The dragonflies listen and followed Arcee

Spawn looks at Wonder Woman was still standing there, waiting for her answer.

Detroit
The abandoned factory.

Wonder woman looks at Spawn.

"I am heading to the second entrance, perhaps we can provide a distraction for the scouts. You might as well come along, probably not a good idea for you to work with Arcee for the time being. I didn't catch your name, and it would make working with you easier. "

She started a quick and quiet jog over to where Felicity and James were at. Standing nearby is Ben Grimm.

" Lo there Diana, nice tah see you again."

He gives Spawn a dubious look but doesn't say anything. He manages a quick respectful nod in that direction.

" What's our Play ? "

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Breach @The Wanderer @Camleen

Stargirl had gotten sidetracked by the folks who were on overwatch - specifically J'onn - she wasn't a telepath but she had spent enough time around him to know when he was nearby - that gentle feeling out of minds to ensure the team was 'ok'.

So, she'd flown up and spoken with him, though she didn't need to - he was the telepath not her and she wanted to see him. She saw the tail end of what happened with that guy with the chains and one of her own idols show up - Diana. But, rather than be starstruck again, she decided to fly after Arcee to support her and the mute Ninja.

@Camleen @The Wanderer @Gands

Reactions: Gands
James Hunter and Felicity Smoak

" We need to be careful about how we approach this. I have a feeling that Ultron knows we are coming. It's too quiet for my liking. Much too quiet. If everything is underground, it would explain the quiet upper ground, expect we probably attracted noise. Obviously, whatever Felicity or Hercules choose, I agree with."

Felicity offered a weak smile to James. " Well, we are going to need scouts. James, I think you should go down, you got that shield thing, makes you powerful and able to cover us."

James nodded. " Any one else you think of?"

Felicity was silent as she thought about it.

@Gands @Michale CS @Breach @Camleen @The Wanderer