Elven_Fforestydd & Zizikitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emmett wasn't the only one being pushed and shoved, although Vincent's treatment was far less harsh than the other man's. Vincent figured Mark always had something against him because his grip was like a vice. But he was holding the young man in the wrong place. Vinny need only place his escape at the right time. They didn't call him Ferretpaws because of his looks. "Okay honestly… do you really think this is the right thing to do?" He said trying to sway the other archers mind. Mark scowled at Vincent before he replied. "You're just too weak to stomach where the real money is. This is a predator and prey world. You of all people know that." He hissed as the buyer appeared.

Vincent frowned and felt terribly bad when Emmet was stripped down to nothing. The humiliation and indifference to the man was horrible. Vincent looked away and refused to look. Boss looked over and gave a foreboding dark look to Vincent, a look that the young thief knew if he didn't do something to get out of this his life would eventually meet a brutal end. Then again that would probably be the biggest mistake the slave trader could ever make. His father and his armies would stop at nothing to seek retribution. Vincent didn't ever tell of his past but his real surname carried immense weight.

Boss looked to Saverio with a wide grin, pulling out the bounty that Lucas had put on Emmett's head. "This one I believe is meant for a special buyer. I believe he is the one mentioned in this bounty. He even had these seals on his letters that he carried." He pulled out the letters that held his father's seal. Vincent's eyes widened. This was the first he heard that Emmett was royalty! And why was there a bounty on his head? This made no sense to him. Was he in trouble with the king of this region?

Emmett watched as the slaver boss and the other talked about him. He tired not to listen, not wanting to see himself as an object. He glanced around and saw that Vincent was close behind the boss. Emmett looked away quickly, not wanting to draw attention to himself.

His ears perked when he heard his name mentioned with a bounty. He looked over to find that the boss had pulled out a parchment and was handing it to Saverio. Saverio took the paper and looked it over before stepping close to Emmett and looking him in the face. " I suppose there is a resemblance." He drew very close and examined Emmett's left ear, seeing the hole for the earring. "Single earring on the left? Interesting choice isn't it?" He folded the paper. " Well then, it looks like I will be needing to get my lord, please excuse me." Saverio pushed past the crowd. He found Lucas in the small office near the back, knocking he entered.

Lucas looked up from the paperwork he was doing. "Can I help you Saverio?" He asked, his voice smooth. Saverio approached. He really hoped that the man outside in chains was the one on the picture. There had been several bounty hunters already who had found similar looking men, and had met some unfortunate consequences because of it. "Sir, it would seem that we have another bounty hunter." " I told you not to bother me with them anymore." "I think you will want to see this one sir." Saverio said, shifting weight on his feet. He handed the paper to Lucas. Lucas took it and examined it. He quickly stood. "Take me to him!"

Lucas strode into the large room, striding through the hustle and bustle of the auction. Following Saverio he was led right up to Emmett. "It would seem that someone can read a bounty." He held out his hand to the man. "I am grateful to you." Emmet didn't see Lucas until he spoke. Hearing the familiar lilt of his brother's voice, Emmett looked up in surprise. "Lucas?" "Brother." Lucas said, his manner turning a bit darker. "What is going on?" Emmett asked. He had never been fond of Lucas, in fact Lucas had never liked Emmett. He had treated him bad ever since Emmett joined the family. "What does it look like? I am buying you. Pity you are worth only a small bounty." He turned back. "I do believe I owe you money. " " this is illegal!" Emmet said. He pulled at his rope. Lucas nodded. Saverio walked over and hit Emmett in the gut. Emmett doubled over in pain. "Illegal only if caught. Damaged goods are not a worry anymore. " Lucas said to the boss. "Now if you will come with me sir." Emmett struggled to his feet. "You won't get away with this brother!" He said. "I am not your brother." Lucas said turning. You happen to share a father, one who is more worried about where he spends his money on wine and women then any of his family or country. You are a whore's child passed off because she didn't want you. "He drew in close. "And now you belong to me. Let that sink in." Lucas turned on his heel and strode out of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.