Elswood Academy [Sign-Ups]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darling

Original poster
ABOUT ELSWOOD

tumblr_inline_norp2hvRre1tsmvsb_500.png

THIS SECTION IS USEFUL FOR LONG TIME RESIDENTS OF ELSWOOD.
ASLEEP adjective | a·sleep | /əˈslēp/
A state of temporary sedation. The sedative is administed via unknown means by Elswoods higher ups. This state gets its name from the fact that those who are sedated appear to be drowsy/under the influence

SLEEPER noun | sleep·er | /ˈslēpər/
An individual who is asleep. not to be confused with the sleepwalker below.

SLEEPWALKER noun | sleep·walk·er | /ˈslēp-ˌwȯ-kər/
An indivual who has been asleep for an extended period of time. Whether the school does this intentionally or not is unknown but more often than not, it is permanent. Some sleepwalkers have mild to severe amnesia.

HEATED adjective | heat·ed | /ˈhēdəd/
A term ascribed to new students that are on edge due to the new environment (and the number of other stress factors that come with being kidnapped of course) can also be used to describe existing students that are simply easily agitated.

ICE (OR ICED) verb/adjective | iced | /īst/
The act / the state of having abilities temporarily disabled. Usually only administered through means of an odorless gas within dorm rooms but it can be spread throughout the school.

THE FRIDGE noun | fridge | /frij/
The school has the ability to activate and deactivate most abilities within Elswood's walls. The fridge is what students rooms are called when their powers are "iced" (temporarily disabled) within them. Students are also isolated from their classmates and given alternative, less appetizing meals.

THE CRADLE noun | cra·dle | /ˈkrādl/
Students are only taken to the cradle as a last resort. The Cradle is an extreme version of The Fridge. Those who enter return as sleepwalkers who are physically unable to describe their time in isolation when asked. Their words come out garbled or not at all.

THE ELEMENTS noun | el·e·ments | /ˈeləmənt/
A group of four advisors, one for each division that have a direct line to Headmistress Elswood. Despite their best efforts, the Elements are never able to recall the details of meeting her after the fact.

PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER …
"This telekinetic guy was so heated on his first day that he was throwing people across the cafeteria! They put him in The Fridge for a few days to cool him down but right when they let him out, he was so mad about being iced that he knocked out one of The Elements that was bringing him his lunch. After that, they sent him to The Cradle and he's been a sleepwalker ever since."

tumblr_inline_norp29RkPb1tsmvsb_500.png

DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THAT KID WHO GOT SENT TO THE CRADLE LAST YEAR? KEEP UP WITH THE RUMORS, EVENTS, LEGENDS, AND LIES HERE.
ADHAM MORCOS

Adham is like any other resident of Elswood except for the fact that, like Anya, he cannot die. This makes him somewhat of a legend around the school as he's been around longer than the school has.

EVA VERNON

Its rumored that back in the 1980's, a girl named Eva Ophelia Vernon attended Elswood Academy. Early August was when she woke up in her new dorm. Panicked, she immediately began looking for a way out of the locked room. She would've tried to use her abilities to leave the dorm but there's not much that immortality can do to a locked door. When her door was finally unlocked, Eva was told to proceed to orientation. Something about her demeanor was off after that orientation. She entered fuming and loud, looking for answers and left the room uncharacteristically subdued. Getting up from her chair, she walked away. She walked … and walked … and walked, unfazed by the effects of the forest boundaries. Students claim to have seen a girl in a tattered uniform walking through the forest on several occasions.

LEO THE SENTIENT TABLE

Leo Ortega is a student that turned himself into that table in the teacher's lounge back in 2012. He hasn't been seen outside of that form since. Students assume that he lurks around at night but no one has any kind of proof. More about Leo can be found in the location section under Leo's Lounge.

QUARTERLY CAMPING TRIP

Four times a year, or every three months, all of Elswood goes camping in the woods for a week. Sometimes, students are grouped by division but there are other times where groups are assigned randomly and due to the clashing personalities of the four divisions, it doesn't always fare well.

ASHE'S CLEARING

A section of forest about 30 ft in diameter was burnt down by Elswood's Elliot Ashe in his freshman year. Whether the fire was intentional or not is unknown but he's fabricated at least ten different stories about the incident so no one really knows what is true anymore. Ironically enough, many students hold bonfires there.

tumblr_inline_norp2xil6a1tsmvsb_500.png

LEARN MORE ABOUT ELSWOOD'S ENVIRONMENT; THE FLORA AND FAUNA OF THIS ENIGMATIC SCHOOL.
TEMPERATURE

Unless stated otherwise in an event or an update, Elswood's average temperature is a comfortable 70-80 degrees Fahrenheit.

WILDLIFE

Elswood is home to many little animals. Most of what you'll see in the forest are birds, squirrels, rabbits and deer. These animals are relatively harmless but some students have reported seeing wolves in the past.

CHARTING STARS

Anyone who knows their basic astronomy could tell you the constellations in Elswood are out of the ordinary. Sure, many are recognizable but there are some that aren't even vaguely familiar.

tumblr_inline_norp373ZMa1tsmvsb_500.png

WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW THIS "SUPERHUMAN GENE" WORKS? A SECTION WAS CREATED TO AID TO AID CHARACTER CREATION.
MEMORY ERASING

100% effective, harmless memory erasing technologies are essentially a myth. Anything done by Elswood has been highly experimental and has ended with either fatalities or considerable brain damage to the subjects tested.

FAMILIES WITH MULTIPLE GIFTED CHILDREN

For couples who aren't gifted, there is a 1/100 chance their offspring will be twins. On the other hand, two gifted adults are ten times more likely to produce twins, triplets or even quadruplets and of those children, all of them will have superhuman abilities.

Couples that consist of one human and one superhuman only produce a gifted child every one out of three times. If a gifted child has two other full siblings of different ages, they are most likely the only gifted child in their family.

SUPERHUMAN ABILITY AS GENE MUTATION

A mutation is, more often than not, the reason why the residents of Elswood are the way they are. This mutation could have occurred in their parents before being passed down or the child could be the first in their family to ever have superhuman abilities.

SUPERHUMAN ABILITY AS A RECESSIVE GENE

It's also possible for a child to have two parents who both lack superhuman abilities if a grandparent was gifted.

TEACHERS WITH SUPERHUMAN ABILITIES

In order to teach at Elswood, you do need a masters degree in the field. If Elswood provides that degree and knows that you aspire to become a teacher, your preparation begins when you're accepted at the age of eighteen. If said degree requires you to be outside of the school, Elswood will keep tabs on you during your schooling and bring you to Elswood immediately following the completion of you masters degree.

TEACHERS WITHOUT SUPERHUMAN ABILITIES

Not all teachers in Elswood have abilities as finding gifted adults who also want to teach specific courses can be a difficult task. There are a few selected teachers who possess no abilities whatsoever.

STUDENT TALLY

Females:

Males:

Other:
VENTUS

IGNIS

TERRA

AQUA

Last edited by a moderator:
THE FORM

(INSERT PHOTO AND FANCY CODING)

Full Name ::

Alias(es) ::

Gender & Preferred Pronouns ::

Face-claim ::
(Real people please, no art)

Date of Birth ::

Sexuality ::

(19 - 22)

Ability ::

Division ::

Year ::

Position ::

Hometown ::

Personality ::
(1 Para +)

Biography ::
(2 Para +)

Connections ::
(+ Description)

Pop Quiz ::
  • Write a sentence or two using a few of Elswood's slang words.
  • True or False: Elswood's devices can easily be hacked or manipulated by those with abilities related to electronics and used to communicate with the outside world.
  • What do students use to enter their dorm rooms?
Theme Song ::
(Music Videos only, please.)

Questions ::
Please answer the following questions in character. This replaces the normal para sample role-plays require so make sure to showcase your writing skills & capture your characters voice. The idea is that they're being interviewed for the first time. If your character has attended Elswood for a while and their personality has changed during their stay, these questions can be answered as if the school is checking up on them and asking the same questions for the second or third time.

• "Tell us about yourself and why you're here, (Insert Name)?"
  • "Interesting, what's your attitude towards our school?"
  • "Have you had any issues with authority figures in the past?"
Dorm Preference ::
(Leave this blank [like literally don't incorporate this section into your character sheet at all] if you do not have any specifications, i.e., single dorms, same sex dorms, etc.)

Schedule ::
Please put your desired classes here, and your schedule shall be made by yours truly.

tumblr_o1a59pBFHU1utaqbwo1_500.png

"TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF AND WHY YOU'RE HERE, LUNETTE?"

She hummed. It wasn't an answer. It wasn't even a sound-shaped like a response; just a musical, shapeless tone with no identifiable melody. The pink crayon pinched between her fingers moved thoughtfully between the black outline on the page before her, filling in the once-black space with color. Her eyes kept on the design, watching the transformation. It was so beautiful. Not her art – the process of something from nothing. Color from white. She placed the pink down and moved for another writing instrument. The sedatives Lunette had been administered in preparation for the interview had been a lower dose than normal to keep her clearheaded enough to answer their questions, but her head was still a misty place. The coloring book had been to keep her imagination occupied rather than let it wander, leaving those around her vulnerable to the things she could not yet control.
She only considered answering when she was asked the question a second time.

"Je m'appelle Lunette." She answered in French, the way a water-logged brain moves to default while its more sophisticated settings aren't working. She only noticed the lapse when the interview prodded her once more, physically asking for her attention. Lunette looked up and blinked once, twice, then seemed to understand what was being asked of her. "My name is Lunette." She repeated the exact phrase in the substitute language, her attention and gaze going back to her colouring after the brief moment. "I am nineteen. I am here because I make things that should not be real; real."

"INTERESTING, WHAT'S YOUR ATTITUDE TOWARDS OUR SCHOOL?"

"I like art club." She answered immediately in succession to the question, quick time compared to the space between the last question and answer administered to and by her. Lunette's eyes followed the curling pattern in front of her, tracing a finger over the black guiding line momentarily. She had expected the next inquiry to be rolled to her, but there was vocal probing from the other side of the desk. What else? She blinked. "It's very big." Silence from him. He wanted more. She reached for thoughts in her head, but they dissipated between her fingers each time she grasped an idea. Her voice is high and slow when she speaks:
"What do you want me to say?"

"HAVE YOU HAD ANY ISSUES WITH AUTHORITY FIGURES IN THE PAST?"

At this, the vibrating lines of Lunette's mind seemed to suddenly still and grow tight. A moment of lucidity amongst the clouds. "Well, of course. But I don't remember it." Her blood felt warm. Her head ached with the strain of something. "I must have wronged God some time before I was born." She did not know who God was, and didn't bother to think on it. It didn't matter. "I see no other reason why I would be made the way I am."

• FULL NAME: LUNETTE SYLVIE FALINE
  • ALIAS/NICKNAME : N/A
  • FACE-CLAIM: NICOLA PELTZ
  • DATE OF BIRTH: MARCH 20, 1996
  • SEXUALITY: PANROMANTIC ASEXUAL
  • ABILITY: TRUE ILLUSION.
  • DIVISION: AQUA.
  • YEAR: FRESHMAN
  • POSITION: STUDENT
  • HOMETOWN: BORDEAUX, FRANCE

Reactions: :Cosmic:

tumblr_nr4nho54If1utaqbwo1_500.png

"TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF AND WHY YOU'RE HERE, EUN-JIN?"

His jaw clenched at his name, and he had to look down to keep himself from giving too much away."I go by X. Just X." he said, looking up again, his face straight, voice even. "I've been stuck in Elwsood for about a year now, and that's all I really know. I can see the future, but you knew that. I don't know why I'm here, but I think it has to do with what I can do. If you want the winning lotto numbers, it doesn't work like that."

"INTERESTING, WHAT'S YOUR ATTITUDE TOWARDS OUR SCHOOL?"

"My attitude? What's not to love about Elswood – is that what you want me to say? The way I see this school is … it's all I know. You've made it like that for me. Elswood is all I can remember, but this isn't home. If you cared, you'd actually help. Instead you treat a kid without his memory like just something to be remembered through talking to someone. Doesn't it fucking concern you?"

"HAVE YOU HAD ANY ISSUES WITH AUTHORITY FIGURES IN THE PAST?"

"I wouldn't know, would I? I mean, a few of your teachers don't really like me much. I talk back and don't 'perform as well as I should'. But there's a difference between being a punk and not listening to what you guys say. But you can say I have a problem with the authority figures at this school, ma'am. Just no fights."
  • FULL NAME: EUN-JIN
  • ALIAS/NICKNAME: X
  • FACE-CLAIM: KIM MYUNG-SOO
  • DATE OF BIRTH: APRIL 15, 1995
  • SEXUALITY: DEMIROMANTIC ASEXUAL
  • ABILITY: PRECOGNITION
  • DIVISION: VENTUS
  • YEAR: SOPHOMORE
  • POSITION: STUDENT
  • HOMETOWN: N/A
BIOGRAPHY

The first thing he remembered was waking up in a room, staring up at a ceiling. It wasn't a hospital bed, or anything it should have been. It was a dorm room, and he was alone. It was like being born, only his body was heavy, so heavy, and he sat up slowly and looked around him in an attempt to understand. The room was normal, a desk and a chair, things he knew of but couldn't place. How strange it is, to know what something is but without having any recollection of having used it. His head was empty, a headache that made him want to close his eyes hurting him.He stayed in that room for hours, before he finally thought to get up. He walked the halls in the white long pajamas he didn't remember owning, people walking by, some looking at him. The sun was hard on him as he stepped outside, and all he could do was stand under it. Everything was overwhelming. Everything went white.

The second time he woke up, he was in the nurses suite, with kind nurses looking after him. They told him they'd discharged him thinking he was alright, but that he was back here until they could be sure. He kept asking what was happening, and got no answers until doctors in white coats came in. He'd hit his head, they explained, pulling out X-Ray's. There was a scar at the base of his neck, and he touched it as they spoke. He was going to be fine. But when he told them he didn't know anything, they said it was a side affect. The subject was dismissed, and they told him his name; Eun-Jin. The next few days were followed by a few more cognitive tests, all of which he mostly passed. But every so often he'd stutter and forget something, staring blankly at whatever was in front of him. They let him out, despite the amnesia and blank spaces, and sent him back to the dorm he didn't remember ever living in, with things they claimed to be his that he didn't remember owning. They were also all brand new.

It started like that. Eun-Jin was Eun-Jin for a few months. He went to his classes, keeping his head down for the most part, unwilling to make friends out of fear of people mistaking his memory loss for stupidity. There was a deep frustration within in, but instead of manifesting itself as anger, it became a deep rooted cynicism that grew every day. He began noticing cracks in their story. He was Eun-Jin without a last name. His things were brand new, his clothes still had some tags on them. When he asked about his parents, they assured him they were keeping them updated about his status, but gave no information. They sent him to talk to someone, but it never helped. And as his paranoia and distrust of Elswood grew, Eun-Jin started going by X. X for unknown, he would say to whoever asked. 'I don't know who I am'.

Everything he does is in an attempt to either remember, or uncover the truth. But it's hard to try to remember anything about your past when every time you do you're stuck. Even the 'therapy' sessions do nothing for him, and some days he wants to skip them, if only the device would stop beeping at him whenever he's even late. The remembering part comes the hardest, headaches plaguing him whenever he even starts to get a flashback of something. They hit him like his power does, leaving him staring into space, eyes glazed over as he sees flashing images of things he doesn't understand. Usually, he'll end up fainting or having a seizure afterwards, unable to tell anyone what he saw until he's composed himself fully. He can only see certain things, and has had a lot of trouble controlling his power, something that has also been monitored – though it's like that with other students. X hates sitting down and telling them what he saw, but it happens every time, and he does his best to lie when he can, his stubbornness to actually 'help them' when they won't help him too strong.

But he's been putting it together, watching things at Elswood patiently and listening where he can and shouldn't. Something must have happened – he must have done something. He's a sleepwalker, and at some point he must have been in The Cradle, the glazed over look on the faces of those returning reminding him all too much of the way he felt that day he woke up alone. X doesn't know how he got here, and every day it gets easier to keep his ideas to himself, even if the forgetting gets worse. From a word here or there, to losing his cellphone, X constantly finds himself unable to make things out. But he keeps himself in check, so as to not get caught with his anger. He keeps his points to himself, stacking them up instead of buying things, attempting to seem good when he can. X isn't about pleasing, and will be the first to say a rude comment under his breath to a member of the staff, but he's also not ready to get hurt again.

PERSONALITY

It's hard to be around him, to say the least. From the fact that he doesn't talk too much, to the fact that when he does it's usually something overly sarcastic or cynical. It wold have been easy for him to turn to the simple broody and moody thing, but he doesn't play into it as much. How he is, and what he does, is simply for himself, though many times he does try to save face. Because even if X might remember most of the things he must have learned in schools before Elswood, there are moments where he simply forgets. It'll be there, he can feel it, like looking for the right words, but nothing comes out and he's left stuttering. It's part of why he's so willing to be quiet, not wanting to admit that it's worse than it is, although X will be the first to say he doesn't remember his past when someone asks about it. It gets him out of dumb small talk, but makes him seem more secretive than he actually is. X doesn't have secrets, because he doesn't remember any of them. Some days, he thinks about his past, making up stories like a child makes up stories about their future. Most days, his parents are nice, like the ones in some of the TV shows his dorm mates watch. They worry about him, or worse – they were killed in his expense. Those ideas come on days when his paranoia is high, more often than not lately. Some days, his parents are aware of all of this – willing and ready to put their child through whatever this is in order to get something out of it. Money. Power. Anything they can get from someone who can tell them the future.

From the moment X woke up, he's been feeling uneasy. There's something wrong with him, he realizes, and that feeling has been growing exponentially lately. Elswood doesn't sit well with him, and he lives in paranoia about the school, his cynicism about Elswood bleeding into his regular day to day life. He's actually not so vocal about his mistrust, writing about it in his journal more so than anything. His journal, which is supposed to be used to write down his day to day life and anything he remembers, is more so a log of things he's compiled about Elswood mixed in with random thoughts. When he forgets something, he'll try to write it out and write it down, his journal filled with lines of the same phrase as if the repetitive action will help. And even if he doesn't do it on purpose, he is usually one of the first to say something to wipe a smile off of someone's face. A tough fact he remembers. The harsh reality of things. One quick comment, followed by a possible smirk if he knows them, is how he keeps things in check and one ups everyone at the same time. Having forgotten so much, X does like to do a lot of reading, trying to fill those gaps in his memory that bother him. He's still not the smartest, and he still finds himself blanking and spacing out often and without warning, but he's trying.

Oh noes!

alleana-script.regular.png
chandler_2011may12_01751.jpg

Full Name :: Oliver S. (Stephen) Taylor

Alias(es) :: Ollie, Taylor, "Chance" which some people find funny.

Gender & Preferred Pronouns :: Cismale; he/him

Face-claim :: (life Garret Borns)[/FONT]

Date of Birth :: October 1st (libra)

Sexuality :: Het, Asexual

Ability :: Probability manipulation - Ability to alter probability, causing unlikely things to happen or likely things to not happen

Division :: AQUA

Year :: Junior

Position :: Student

Hometown :: Perth, Australia

There are two different first impressions one might get upon meeting Oliver - he's a jerk, concluded from his lack of involvement, response and overall assumed indifference; he's dead inside, spiritless, deduced from his supposed lack of emotion, or sentimental mentioning. Neither is accurate, but he never comments on how other's perceive him, which has merited a variety of responses - most of which are unpleasant. Occasionally the inaccurate accusations gain a derisive laugh from him, but otherwise he typically bares a blasé expression, features neutral if not a little weary. The entertaining, yet saddening truth of it all, is that there's nothing to figure out, he's not as enigmatic or complicated as other's want to believe - he believes he's rather upfront with what a miserable, out of touch being he is. Though a human with peeves and dislikes, he's prone to biting his tongue as opposed to making an issue of anything - occasionally he has a smidgen of snark or voices his thoughts, but it's rare and not really his style, getting a rise out of him is nearly impossible, he has a lot of self discipline and control.

Oliver approaches most things in a dubious manner inwardly, dodging people and responsibilities like bullets, but with an instinctive drive carefully crafted over the last few years that'd enable him to appear just swiftly riding the less crowded current. He's usually in his own little world, back home in the serenity of his mother's presence, the woman that sugar coated who and what he was and never let him question his belonging. Though he's aware of and easily adapting to the sudden change in environment, especially considering the only family he had left outside of this school's borders, blamed him for murder - yet time flies by with Oliver; the entirety of his day, until he's back in his dorm for another night of disturbed and restless sleep, is recollected as a blur. He's drowning in his past, rarely making eye contact (or any form of contact) with other's in fear of being brought to the present moment, which merits guilt as he feels as though he shouldn't be allowed to move forward.

His reclusiveness was birthed from the belief he'd no sooner enable someone to win the lotto as he would cause their newly purchased jet to crash - neither scenario his own will, but done by his spirit, in a way he cannot explain and has certainly spent the sheltered years of his existence trying to experiment with and understand. Appearing asocial is his way of keeping other's safe - some individuals aware of what he can do attempt to cling to him and calculate the probability of him producing luck before tragedy, others with the same knowledge avoid him like a plague meandering down the corridors or, proceeded to beat the ability right out of him, a common sight in the halls if he's not fast enough or caught alone. Either way, he's never crossed paths with genuineness, and finds everyone at risk of what he could do - the antiknowledge of his predictability manipulation is life threatening, or so he always jumps to.

Beneath layers of remorse and judgment, he is: gentle, patient, thoughtful, humble, and easily unnerved; though these qualities aren't necessarily tucked away to the point of going completely unnoticed, his vitreous emittance probably adds to everyone's curiosity and makes him an easy target.

8265037268_e6e2547ee3_b.jpg

Born Oliver "Ollie" Stephen Taylor, Oct. 1, in Perth, Australia (Though his mother is from Namibia) to Stephen and Behati Taylor.

Was a sweet hearted, well behaved and rather social being throughout his childhood; always deemed vitreous, others seemed to acknowledge and react a little more attentive to that, except his father, who had very mixed, relatively negative feelings towards his son's lack of masculinity. His ability influenced this and that as he grew older, enabling his little family quite a bit of lucky, chance encounters and situations that procured a comfortable life (early promotions, stranger paying for their stuff, sunny day despite weather predictions) but it wasn't until it started notably affecting his life that he began to form a shell not even his beloved mother really knew how to get past.

His father (unbeknownst to even Ollie) was the reasoning behind his abilities starting to negatively impact their life. He'd had little emotional attachment to his son, disapproving of many of his qualities, but when he realized he was gifted (the only one to pay close enough attention over the years that he began to see a pattern in his son's influence over their lives) he began to present many, rather redundant instances he knew his son would respond positively to, in order to farm his inhuman power and send themselves skyrocketing through the social strat, etc. Unfortunately, when Oliver did not follow through (unaware of the entire production) his father would shift moods entirely, seemingly volatile, maniacal and eventually a little rough with his wife.

Behati. She was his safety net, even as he entered his early teens, they were always close, she sheltered him a little too much but also had managed to keep his shell from becoming unbreakable. That was, until his parent's marriage fell apart, having never gotten an explanation, Ollie carries the guilt of believing he'd caused it to this day, unaware his father left due to his wife's constant attentiveness to their son he believed to be less fragile than they treated him. Unfortunately his mother passed away before ever telling her son it wasn't exactly his fault, but hers - having his father blame him for her death, despite the real reason being unknown, added to the weight of his guilt and completely shut away the lighter hearted boy from before.

Though reclusive and locked away, there's still a sweetheart with a genuine smile that peeks through every now and then - though he's labeled himself a curse to humanity, occasionally he's just a little less spiritless. His abilities created a nearly tangible divide between himself and all other students since the moment what he could do was revealed (by force, the first of many bully relevant encounters) he's either sought after by those counting (and attempting to calculate) his luck rate, or intensely mistreated for incidents he doesn't mean to cause. He's never had a say in what he does, and has no idea how the things that happen, happen; they just do, and the power is very obviously in him.

Oliver does remember his past, of course like the others, not how he arrived here. It's a little belittling to go without an explanation that takes one away from their previous life, so he believes, but having no where to return to and no desire to confront what's plagued him for years, he doesn't question the school verbally.

Connections :: N/A

Most probably associate me with a sleep walker, his thoughts resonated heavily from within, though maneuvering through the corridors he was almost ghost like, labeled nearly mute but within his mind, the case was entirely different. I avoid present moments 'cause I honestly don't want to acknowledge how I'll respond to the reality of this place, some kids get heated... getting iced would be a blessing for someone like, an empath or a telepath, but the fridge keeps even the most miserable and desperate of us in check. Ain't worth it.

False: Elswood's devices can easily be hacked or manipulated by those with abilities related to electronics and used to communicate with the outside world.

What do students use to enter their dorm rooms? Electronics.

Theme Song

"Tell us about yourself and why you're here, Chase?"

"It's Oliver," Came his tentative correction, dubiously one long leg crossed over the other, one palm resting betwixt two knees whilst his other arm attempted to find it's belonging on the sofa. His jaw clenched momentarily, honey orbs attempting to register her question and find a proper answer - problem was, that called for his presence, his attention, his concern - none of which had accompanied him to this school. "I'm probably here so I don't kill anyone," He emitted an, albeit brief, derisive scoff, lingering in a silence where his gaze fixated on a distant wall, and the smile that graced his face jaded, "I mess with people's chances, I ruin things, I've probably killed someone and didn't even know it."

His soft tone didn't quite match the disdain that came with his verbiage, "...I don't know who I am."

"Interesting, what's your attitude towards our school?"

He thought of the accusations his father made - with that much fuel to an argument, he wondered where he'd be had Elswood not taken him in. Tried, executed, incarcerated, maybe deemed insane and hospitalized somewhere - not knowing the kind of man his father was, if he was one at all, made anything really possible. The official drew his attention back with her pen to his eye level, awaiting his answer with inquisition coating her eyes. "I'm a little indebted to Elswood, it might have saved me ."

The question is whether or not I deserve being saved.

"Have you had any issues with authority figures in the past?"

His tentative responses died off here, and the first bit of confidence peeked through for the answer, "Never."

Single dorm, though he probably ended up securing a same sex dorm, exactly what he doesn't want.

English
Literary Analysis & Composition
American Lit
World History
World Cultures
Current World Events
Geometry
Pre-Cal/Trig
Calculus I & II
Bio
Chem
Physics
Latin
French
Band
Archery
Mental Manipulation 101
Mind Games
Chess
Yearbook
Track
Self defense

[bg=#000000]
line-divider_zpsyq7jwwhe.png

a35a1a
ad9018
115e11
822b56

DKh70wD.jpg

"Tell us about yourself and why you're here Vinyl?"
Vinyl's eyes shot up to the sound of his name, raising his eyebrows in a cocky manner. It has been quite a while since anyone has called him that, so it was a bit unfamiliar. He crossed his arms as his head craned to the side and looked straight at the interrogator in an almost dissatisfied way. Out of all the questions in the world. "I've been here since last year, so I'm just going to assume you want to have a leisurely chat and catch up. I usually go by Vi or Kerouac, and colors have been my thing since I can remember. But, unfortunately, I can't remember anything, not much anyways. When I first got here last year, a few of the students referred to me as a sleepwalker, but, I wasn't sure what that meant. I still don't, but, I think I got a pretty good gist. Maybe they're all liars." He ended the question pretty flat, the look of dissatisfaction turned into an almost emotionally void look as he waited for the next question.

"Sure, my life is the most interesting out of all of the students here. How sweet." Vinyl rolled his eyes shortly before answering the question. "My attitude towards this school? Boy, can I say a lot about this school," He paused for a few seconds, letting silence fill the air. "It's perfect." Vinyl smiled through his little white lie. If anything, this school is a complete waste of time, but it's the only place he has ever been to in his amnesia-ridden memory, and god forbid he try to leave. He waited for the next question with an empty thought, just in case someone could read minds.

Vinyl's eyes widened and he began to speak in a defensive but stern voice. "Oh no of course not! I am a well-behaved student, and my academic integrity is the best of the best. I most certainly get along with my seniors and teachers, so no, I have never had any issues of any kind with anyone, and please, don't ever mention the possibility of troublemaking regarding me because I am not that kind of person." Tired and out of breath, Vinyl waited for the next question only to find out that there was none. The interview was over, and he then realized that "catching up" was not his strong suit.

"The hardest question to ask is not, 'Do you love me?' but, 'How would you describe yourself?'"
At first glance, he looks very easy to get along with. He laughs, he eye smiles, he runs his fingers through his hair, the usual. But actually, his tendency to gloat and his self-confidence might seem annoying. If one is really close to Vi, he will tell you why he acts this way.

There are also small moments of amnesia with him. He will be walking but all of a sudden he will just forget, which is why he is always looking like he is waiting for something to happen. In fact, he is, Vi is just waiting for another one of his episodes to return to him. Every single day he waits for it, and sometimes he will just stop in the middle of a conversation just to wait because he just doesn't know when his amnesia will strike. He has come to terms with this fact but it utterly frustrates him, sure he may joke about it a whole bunch of times when another one of his, "episodes" happen, but in secret he absolutely despises it, especially because he is known for his intelligence and well-mannered behavior, and having amnesia would usually make him have to look through a whole bunch of books and papers to relearn the material. This is the only secret that Vi has, unfortunately. Just like many other students at "The Academy," (Vi refers to Elswood as such) he has no recollection of his past. Because Vi experiences amnesia frequently, he tends to keep a superfluous amount of Sticky Notes of important facts or events from academics to social life scattered around his living space. If one were to enter his room, he would be an open book ready to read.

He believes that his past had no family, no lovers, no best friends to do everything with, etc., and that's how Vi wants his life to be in the present; free from being too close to people in fear of hurting them, or, even worse, going to another unknown area again completely. Although he doesn't want to be too close with anyone, the thought of not having a relationship is out of sights for Vi. Vi definitely wants to have a close relationship with someone, although it might take time before he actually returns compassion, and even though he loves to mingle around with everyone, people don't really know much about him other than his class schedule, school year, ability, and division.

Regarding The Academy, Vi has a growing mistrust in the school much like the effects of when the New York Times released the Pentagon Papers. He doesn't show his suspicion at all in case someone decides to snitch and sends him to The Fridge or even worse, The Cradle. If any student decided to ask about his opinion of the Academy, he will try to avoid the question completely, or say how great the Academy actually is with one of his well-known smiles.

"Biographies are but the clothes and buttons of the man. The biography of the man himself cannot be written."
Before he had forgotten his past altogether, Vinyl Kerouac was a well-rounded kid. Living as an only child, he was humorous, rambunctious, smart, and well-mannered. His mother, 소현 (Alaska) Kerouac, and his father, 태일 (Jack, not to be confused with the Beat Generation) Kerouac, both had the powers of Chromokenesis. The Kerouac house was just fine, there was no outburst of arguments or mental/physical abuse, but the house, because of their powers, was black and white from absorbing and manipulating everything in it. The lack of color as the family grew on affected the mentality of the three. Soon enough there were a few moments of depression coming from the family. That did not stop Vinyl from being charismatic and keeping the family alive and well, even though he felt depression himself.
During his middle school years, his power was unstable. He was moving colors around and sucking them up into his system. The young kids found him quite peculiar and they did one of two things. One was to stay away from him and the other was obsess over him and his power that he couldn't control. The majority of the students during middle school did the latter regarding Vinyl, which made him very comfortable with interacting with people, even though they would be quite disappointed when his powers don't show up when asked.

During the very first day of high school, when he was a freshman, his powers never showed up out of the blue. He was able to be, "normal" for the whole school year, and that took a huge weight off of his shoulders. Vinyl was a teenager and his life on the outside was just fine. But when he got home, his parents and their depression kept getting worse, and so did his. He tried to bring a little bit of color into the household every day to lighten up the mood as much as possible but to no avail, the depression made everyone physically and mentally weak so when he came back that little splash of color was nowhere to be found. Regarding school, Vinyl was one of the smartest and involved kids. He took up advanced classes and did a whole bunch of team sports and activities, running dances and pep assemblies were what made his little black and white world disappear for a little while as the sounds of students cheering and the loud blast of music on Fridays throughout the cafeteria filled his eardrums with sweet ecstasy. Vinyl was still out mingling with everyone, but he has never been in a real relationship. The thought of it still scares him to this point. He has no idea why he's so afraid of relationships, but it has always been that way.
To Vinyl, life was perfectly fine apart from coming back home. He was happy.

Until the world went black.

Vinyl first awoke to bright lights and his head resting on a pillow, assuming that it was a simple hospital he stayed still, waiting for something to happen. A few moments passed and nothing ever did, so he fixated his eyes to a mere dorm room. He wasn't sure how he got to this point, why he was here, or who he had made friends with before entering this room. Vinyl could not remember anything, he could only remember the philosophies of John Locke. He was a blank slate, a piece of clay, ready to be made into someone else with brand new experiences, memories, and most important of all, regret. Vinyl stepped on cold floors as he walked empty and unknown hallways. He was in a maze and had thought for a while that he had a really bad hangover before getting here, even though he despises the taste of alcohol. Vinyl wandered around aimlessly before finding a pair of doors leading to the outside world. A chance of escape, perhaps?

Wrong. As soon as he stepped out of the mysterious building, the bright light of the sun blinded him and intimidated him so much to the point that it made him never want to leave this place, whatever this place is. Cool breezes flew around, sweeping nothing but grass as the place was clean as an unused whistle. Vinyl looked around trying to figure out where exactly he was taken to. A school campus, perhaps? There were benches scattered around the area, and walkways leading to multiple doors with numbers and letters signifying specific classrooms right next to them. Vinyl was rightfully confused as to why he was on school grounds, but it didn't matter much, as the sound of bells letting students know it was time to move on to the next class rang loudly in his ear, making his head pound in pain. A stampede of students broke free from the doors, only to find Vinyl, in sleeping pajamas. They were pointing and making comments that he couldn't quite seem to understand.

"Is that guy new?"
"He must be a sleepwalker."
"Yeah, probably."
"How unfortunate."

The whisperings of the students and the energy drinks and the clouds brought Vinyl to much discomfort. The only thing he could possibly do was look at them with a death glare.
"What the hell are you looking at?"
Realizing that it wasn't "like him," Vinyl unintentionally bowed in apology and walked away, realizing that his footsteps were sucking up the green of the grass behind him, leaving imprints of his feet behind in a color of black and white.

A few months after his first day at the Academy, the students incorrectly referred to him as cocky, arrogant, and full of himself. This allowed Vinyl to slip by through the halls with ease, avoiding eye contact with as many of the students as possible. This, however, did not last long. Vinyl grew tired of living a lonely lifestyle at school and started to interact with more students. Although they were reluctant, the students' first impressions of Vinyl were changed drastically. He was now intelligent, considerate, bashful, and confident. The only flaw is that he's a little too confident. He boasts on his achievements and self-deprecates his failures in a humorous way whenever possible, it was how he hid not only embarrassment but the extreme self-criticism he has. His work and efforts in school are always the best of his ability and almost always never fails to impress most of the staff and teachers at Elswood.
He spent his days at the Academy with a more comfortable outlook until he finally began to notice how much information they were really hiding from him. He subtly tried to ask many about his history, his family, etc., but none could give him the answer he was looking for if they even gave him an answer. Vinyl slowly began to despise Elswood Academy and to this day, he still does, he just always hides it under a cocky but friendly smile.

Pop Quiz Answer Key by Vinyl Kerouac:

[spoili]

Q: Write a sentence or two containing a few of Elswood's slang words.
A: Welcome to Elswood! The suspicious and new environment might make one feel heated, but not to worry so much unless you're too excited that the Elements ice you out or send you to the Fridge. If you manage to end up in the Fridge, you better stay good, because one more rambunctious action will send you to the Cradle!

Q: True or False: Elswood's devices can easily be hacked or manipulated by those with abilities related to electronics and used to communicate with the outside world.
A: "False. Elswood devices are designed to be able to communicate with those inside Elswood, not the outside, not only that, but any misuse of Elswood's electronic devices will result in disciplinary action from one of the staff."

Q: What do students use to enter their dorm rooms?
A: "To be able to enter the dorm rooms, students of Elswood will use their given electronic devices to not only unlock their dorm room but also navigate the school, collect points, and check into classes."

[/spoili]

tgTyCqX.jpg

ALIAS:
Vi
Kerouac
윤오
(Yoon-oh)

GENDER & PREFERRED PRONOUNS:
Cismale. He/Him/His.

FACE-CLAIM:
권혁 (딘)
Kwon Hyeok (Dean)

DATE OF BIRTH:
December 12, 1996

SEXUALITY:
Panromantic Asexual.

VWvuj0m.jpg

ABILITY:
The ability to create, shape, and manipulate colors, as well as the ability to gain strength by color through absorbing it.
CHROMOKINESIS.

DIVISION:
Aqua.

YEAR:
Sophomore.

POSITION:
Student.

HOMETOWN:
Beaverton, Oregon.
But don't tell Kerouac that.

THEME SONG:

cyFOIev.jpg

CLASS SCHEDULE.

CORE CLASSES:
American Literature.
British & World Literature.
Literary Analysis & Composition.
World History.
Current World Events.
World Cultures.
Global Economics.
Pre-Calculus/Trigonometry.
Calculus I & II.
Chemistry.
Biology.
Earth Science.

OTHER ELECTIVES:
Korean.
Japanese.
Martial Arts.
Archery.
Skill Classes.
Mind Games.
Better, Faster, Stronger.

EXTRA-CURRICULARS.
Art Club.
Academic Decathlon.
Volleyball.
Self Defense.

OTHER:
This is just some gifs of my FC, Dean for my and your pleasure, as well as future need for gifs at any time.
Please be warned. There is a lot of gifs if you press the SHOW button.

[spoili]
tumblr_o4emo6A3ef1um3d38o2_500.gif

tumblr_o4emo6A3ef1um3d38o3_500.gif

tumblr_o4emjnesnJ1um3d38o3_500.gif

tumblr_o4emo6A3ef1um3d38o4_500.gif

tumblr_nxclsfjuXb1uax86zo2_500.gif

tumblr_o4epnsKi141tdwmpqo4_500.gif

tumblr_o4emjnesnJ1um3d38o6_500.gif

tumblr_inline_o4qgylsknC1qhtvpj_500.gif

tumblr_o5ts7qe5n61um3d38o1_500.gif

tumblr_o4embkDYlY1um3d38o6_500.gif

tumblr_o4i43c3XZQ1ubfhrho1_400.gif

tumblr_o4i43c3XZQ1ubfhrho3_400.gif

tumblr_o4i43c3XZQ1ubfhrho8_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o4i43c3XZQ1ubfhrho4_400.gif

tumblr_o4i43c3XZQ1ubfhrho7_r1_400.gif

tumblr_o3unzeF9jv1u8zbsmo4_400.gif

ab449120def64eba22ffb37ca0b1c05e91d1d2d8_hq.gif

01232016_TheOneShots_dean.gif

tumblr_inline_o3a13ixVoo1qa1j8n_500.gif

tumblr_nzxys3yLOl1v2mb3yo1_400.gif

tumblr_o1ofrlEvpX1v2ols4o1_540.gif

tumblr_o4r6rk30Tk1rivwv7o1_500.gif

[/spoili]

ONE OF FACE CLAIM'S SONGS.

[/bg]

Last edited:

Gender & Preferred Pronouns :: Cisfemale; she/her

()

Date of Birth :: August 28 (leo)

Sexuality :: Demi/Grey, Het

Ability :: Empathy

Division :: Ventus

Year :: Sophomore

(1 Para +)

(2 Para +)

(+ Description)

• False: Elswood's devices can easily be hacked or manipulated by those with abilities related to electronics and used to communicate with the outside world.
  • What do students use to enter their dorm rooms? Electronics.

Please answer the following questions in character. This replaces the normal para sample role-plays require so make sure to showcase your writing skills & capture your characters voice. The idea is that they're being interviewed for the first time. If your character has attended Elswood for a while and their personality has changed during their stay, these questions can be answered as if the school is checking up on them and asking the same questions for the second or third time.
(Leave this blank [like literally don't incorporate this section into your character sheet at all] if you do not have any specifications, i.e., single dorms, same sex dorms, etc.)

Please put your desired classes here, and your schedule shall be made by yours truly.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: GALAXY

WIP

Camiella T. Rosette

Cami

Female;She, Her

Magdalena Zalejska

August 7th

Hetrosexual

Electricity Manipulation
Secondary Ability::
Lighting

Terra

Freshman

Student

Denver, Colorado

Cami is outgoing, flirtatious,and doesn't shy away from a good time.In her Senior Class she was voted most Unforgettable person. Cami was the also nominated as Homecoming Queen. She is one of the most loyal people that you will meet, standing up to the bullies, and holding her ground to defend those she calls her friends. Camilla does have a habit of wearing her heart on her sleeve,letting her emotions get the best of her at times, but not in front of people. Cami does have a stubborn streak when it comes to things, and depending on the topic, it's hard to change her mind. Camilla is also a very understanding; she isn't one to hold grudges or to not give people a second chance. Though it's said that you don't want to betray her, as she is one to get even, but you would never know it was her doing.

Cami was the youngest of 3 children. She was always having to follow in the footsteps of her brothers and sister. Her childhood was a hard one. Though she was from a semi large family it didn't stop her from being picked on and bullied. Her siblings did nothing to stop it from happening. Her mother was a single working mother, that worked more then she was at home.Cami was one that tended to keep to herself in her childhood. Learning to survive in her own way.One day a new girl joined her middle school.Camilla had made her way to the bathroom, only to find herself surrounded by some 5th graders.Pushing,pulling,and poking her.Telling her how she would be nothing more then a runt,never had anyone that cared about her, or she would never amount to anything.But then Sherry came into the bathroom.Sherry took no time to step and defend Camilla from everything that was happening to her. Defending her to older girls, needless to say by the end of the confrontation Sherry let the girls know who was boss,and that they had better not mess with Cami again. It was from that day on the two girls were in separable.

The years moved on and they became known as "The Pod."Everyone knew them, and attempted to get within their circle.That wasn't very hard.Camilla whole outlook and persona had changed from a meek and discreet child, to a outgoing and personable woman. She stood up against anyone that picked on others lesser them them.Taking them under her wing,for "protection."She was the only one of her family to actually make it to her graduation,and to make it across the stage for her diploma.Cami and Sherry spent their summer together in Panama,where Sherry was going to be going to school. It was hard from them at the end of the summer,but they knew they would visit one another through the year.On the last day of their time together, they made a vow to one another that they wouldn't change who they were, and would continue to stay strong and protect those lesser then them.They sealed the deal with a prick of the finger and a shot of whiskey

@Ali Blake and Cami are friends that most wouldn't expect to be 'friends'. With her being a very upbeat, flirtatious and popular girl, and him being rather brooding and shy, the two would seem to have a need for each other. However, upon request from Camiella, Blake tutors with her in some subjects she struggles with - over the few months they've know each other, a slight school girl crush has developed on Camiella's side.... it's possible Blake may feel something as well.

♦Write a sentence or two using a few of Elswood's slang words.
~I couldn't believe how heated I was when I came here. But thanks to The Elements I was able to I think figure everything out. I didn't want to be Iced my first day.

♦True or False: Elswood's devices can easily be hacked or manipulated by those with abilities related to electronics and used to communicate with the outside world.
~False

♦What do students use to enter their dorm rooms?
~Elswood Cellphones, they are specifically designed for the school

"Tell us about yourself and why you're here, Camilla
Blinks a moment as she looks around, and shakes her head. Tugging her beany over her head a bit now as she was so slightly confused, "I don't know you.. wait who are you?How.. how did I end up here? I was asleep in my car.. on the way back to my house.. and well now I am here... how the hell did I get here." unsure of exactly what happened and attempting to access what was going on.

Tugging at her lip a bit with her teeth, she raised a bit of a brow, as she leaned forward and looks to the "people", if that is what they even were. Perhaps she was abducted by aliens that were doing some sort of social experiments, eyeing them though as she spoke, "Well let me ask you how your attitude would be if you found yourself in a place that you had no clue? So Ya.. my attitude is a bit on the not to happy side." she grunted as she leaned back heavy in her chair.

What in the world was this question? She wasn't a trouble maker, and if this was some sort of reform alien school, they were S.O.L.. she was sure even if she lied that they would figure it out. Shaking her dark locks she would reply, "No I haven't, but why would you ask such a thing? Where am I.

-------------------------------------------------------
Schedule

CORE~
English
Literary Analysis & Composiiton
American Literature
World History
World Cultures
Current World Events

Pre-Algebra
Algebra I & II
Geometry
Earth Science
Biology
Chemistry
--------
ELECTIVES~
Spanish
Latin
Women in Literature
Creative Writing
--------------
SKILL~
Communication: From Astral to Zoological
Mastering The Four Elements
-------

EXTRA-CURRICULARS~
Student Activities Committee
Yearbook
Swimming/Diving
Volleyball
------------------------

Reserved ~ FC: Rosie huntington-Whiteley - Power: Umbrakenesis ~ Ventus ~ 21
tumblr_m4qxanWn161rqp7zu.gif

Last edited:

[bg=#000000]
Brier%20Caprione%20CS%20Banner_zpsx3egkjp8.png

Brier%20Caprione_zpsr8lmigwp.png

FC: Unknown

Brier - The one and only name she prefers.
B*tch - A name she is often called due to her unruly demeanor.

Cis-female
She/Her
Straight

20 Years of Age.
April 11th 1996

♦ Power Replication ♦
[spoili]Brier is able to mimic and replicate the powers/abilities of others around herself.
CURRENT LIMITATIONS
Unable to imprint the powers
Unable to learn the ability without constant exercise of said ability
[/spoili]

IGNIS
Junior

Student
Prefect

Samara, Russia

divider-yellow.png

Brier is a short-tempered, hot-headed, vulgar and intense individual. It isn't often she is found in a comatose mental state and therefore finds herself in troublesome situations more often than not. She has been known to fight any and all authoritarian figures and rarely respects those older than her - should it come to difference in power, however, she will back down upon defeat. Rarely can Brier be subdued in terms of vocal effectiveness - often being told to quiet down, or in a much less courteous way "shut up". Brier has no issues with speaking up for herself, and will gladly tell someone who is annoying her to, well... eff-off, usually, such instances result in physical altercations. She is an angry young lady, with resentful feelings towards her parents and the staff of Elswood. Rarely can one be-friend this fiery Aries - as she doesn't trust easy, and is quicker to fight than trust.

☼☼☼

Brier was born to a mundane and un-magical family. She discovered at an early age, that learning came easy to her – she was able to watch something on TV and replicate it, she was able to listen to others speak a different language, and a few hours later, know how to hold a fluent conversation in said language. Many times, Brier tried to share this new discovery with her parents, she had even tried to demonstrate by showing them a moving with many action scenes, followed by her replicating exactly what they had just watched on the silver-screen. Rather than be impressed as Brier expected them to be, her parents seemed worried and afraid – even scared, and not of her abilities, but of her.
Brier had always been the bratty child – rarely listening to her parent's teachings or rules, often getting into altercations with other students at school, and never respecting teacher's authority. This led to many calls home from the principal, and her parents seething with anger towards their unruly child.
When she was 12 years old, Brier came face to face with an infamous school bully who was known around the halls as the silencer – due to the fact that every kid she bullied remained silent about the incidents and never spoke up for themselves. Brier was different, she wasn't about to take bullying hands down and surrender with a white flag. Upon meeting this bully, Brier was forced into the lockers of the east wing; her hair was pulled and her shirt was ripped around the collar from the girls force. It was obvious she was seriously intending to beat Brier up.
As a young girl, Brier's abilities were open for her use – with no mental or physical barricades on them; it was only as she got older and had less and less control over her abilities, that Brier began to change.
Unintimidated, Brier used her ability on the bully. She had remembered a movie earlier that showcased some superhero beating up a bad-guy to a bloodied and bruised pulp. Brier had no restraint as she took out all her anger on this bully. Immediately, the girl was rushed to the hospital after 3 teachers attempted to break up the altercation many times. Brier was sent to the principal's office, the police were called, and so were Brier's parents. Being an only child, Brier's parents sole focus was on Brier herself, seeing as they didn't have another child to stress about – or keep out of physical quarrels.
The principal of Brier's middle school information Brier's mother and father about the older girl's condition – he, as they, were absolutely baffled by Brier's sudden bout of strength and physical prowess.
Weeks passed until Brier and her family received a phone call from the school. The girl had been paralyzed from the neck down due to severe injury to the brain, and spinal damage; she would never walk again.
Brier's parents were shocked – and later, sued for a quarter of a million dollars in medical fees. Utterly distraught, Brier's father began drinking, heavily. Often he would come home in a drunk stupor, and take out his anger towards Brier, on Brier's mother. Beaten and bruised, Brier's mother became cold to the world, especially Brier herself. A few years later, Brier's father passed away. Her mother fell into a drug induced haze, strapped for cash, taking care of a child who could seem to grow out of her violent steak.
Near Brier's 19th​ birthday, her mother received an email. It was reclusive in origin, however, Brier's mother wasn't oblivious and was quite drawn in by the subject line:

ATTN: PAYMENT AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
Dear Mrs. Caprione',
Upon receiving news of your husband's departure, we regret to inform you of the loss of health insurance. Funeral costs, as well as medical bills will no longer be covered by the government. Your current owing balance for previous lawsuits as well as current departure-costs falls at 675,988 ₽.
We have been made aware by your husband, Michael L. Caprione's Last Will and Testament, of your daughter's origin and ability. He has stated, and I quote that "should I pass sooner than Brier R Caprione's 19th​ birthday on April 11th​ 2015, she, as well as her belongings, will be legally traded to Elswood academy for strict tutoring and behavioral correction." End quote.
Should you wish to accept your husband's final will and testament, we have been granted the right to wave any and all legal and medical charges from your name, in exchange for Brier R Caprione'.
Regards,
John Smith.

Brier's mother was sold – as was Brier, whether she wanted to be… or not.

CONNECTIONS
Derrick Kim
Though Brier and Derrick opposed each other at first - both trying to get the dominant side of their strange relationship - the two have grown to like each other, and respect each other as individuals. Both equally hot-headed and quick to anger, they make an excellent duo when in each other's presence, often agreeing on violent or detrimental topics regarding others. Brier originally issued Derrick around Elswood as a seniority towards the freshman, but they were quick to befriend each other.

Hale Sanders
Originally, Brier found Hale to be a try-hard. She had thoughts towards the man that regarded intense violence. It was only after he stood up to her and offered some level of respect that she began to adapt interest in the man. She doesn't fully trust nor' like him, yet seems to want to continue to push his buttons in attempts to see how far he will let her go - and she doesn't go easy.

Allison Baxter
Brier detests Allison Baxter in all her glory. She finds the girl annoying, ever-present, and utterly stupid. She has made it one of her favourite side activities to pester the bubbly-blonde and her accomplices in the hopes that she will deter the over-joyous personality of Allison into backing away from Brier as a whole.

Blake Mondicrie
Blake has never been faltered in mental or physical terms by Brier, and this annoys her. She is used to getting a rise out of all the people she knows and uses, though often receives nothing from Blake. This has lead to her interest peaking in the man. Originally, she was going to attempt to see how far she could push him, however, after learning he was practically a brainiac and willing to assist with her ability development - she decided to go a different route and learn from him.

Jelani Simba Buhari
Jelani and Brier have hated each other from the get-go. Her hot-headed intense temperament clashed immediately with his party-boy attitude. Brier tends to hold back with physical violence when it comes to Jelani's presence, however, they two constantly quip and snipe with vicious words, Brier tending to finish only when Jelani's seems to crack.

POP QUIZ
1. Write a sentence or two using a few of Elswood's slang words.
[[Brier is often heated - she finds herself in The Fridge rather often due to her 'f*ck the man' attitude.]]

2. True or False: Elswood's devices can easily be hacked or manipulated by those with abilities related to electronics and used to communicate with the outside world.
FALSE

3. What do students use to enter their dorm rooms?
Their ElsTech devices

!!QUESTION TIME!!

"Tell us about yourself and why you're here, Brier?"
She shifted uneasily in her seat, hands bound tightly around the uncomfortable chairs arms rests - enough so, that her fingers began to whiten with discoloration. "You already know enough about me. After all, you bastards were apart of the reason I was brought here... and cannot leave." She glared angrily at the interviewer, teeth clenched, grinding down on what little enamel she had left. "I'll appease you, however, seeing as I have nothing better to do," she shifted once more, her body taking on a more lax position, "My name is Brier Caprione', I am 21 years old, I hate everyone here, and I will escape." She puckered her lips before adopting a rather haughty expression........
"If your idiotic mind could not wrap around what I just told you, let me rephrase. I hate this school, I hate the teachers, I hate everyone in it, and I no longer want to be here." Brier locked her eyes with the interviewer across from her, daring them to continue........
Brier's expression changed in an instant, she was more amused than she had been moments previous, as a laugh threatened to escape her surly demeanor. "Me? Trouble with authority figures? Nawwwwwww'... pshhhh, I have NO idea what you're talking about." She arched her upper lip into a taunting smile, and just as soon as it had happened, her face returned to that of anger, "of course I have issues with authority. Hello... I'm Brier Fucking Caprione' - there's a special seat in the Fridge for me, honest to goodness, I scratched it in myself.".........

Core Classes

-English
-Literary Analysis & Composition
-American Literature
-World History
-World Cultures
-Current World Events
-Pre-Calculus/Trigonometry
-Pre-Algebra
-Algebra I & II
-Earth Science
-Biology
-Chemistry

Other Electives

-French
-Latin
-Creative Writing
-Martial Arts

Skill Classes

-Better, Faster, Stronger
-Mind Games

Extracurriculars

-Drama Club
-Yearbook
-Track
-Self Defense

[/bg]
[bg=#000000][/bg]

[bg=#000000]
Allision%20Baxter%20CS%20Banner_zpsejb0w0da.png

FC: Gigi Gorgeous (Lazzarato)

Allison%20Baxter_zpsel2izxeu.png

Allie - The one and only name she prefers.

Trans-Female
She/Her
Bisexual

21 Years of Age.
November 3rd 1995

♥ Musical Healing ♥
[spoili]
Allison can heal herself or others by playing/singing different music/songs. Depending on how the music/song is played it can heal in many different ways, including accelerating healing or regeneration, instant recovery, causing sleep that can speed healing, etc.
CURRENT LIMITATIONS
Cannot heal anything fatal
Can only heal humans

[/spoili]

TERRA
Junior

Student

Toronto, Canada

scroll-divider-pink.png

Allison is a P.A.R.T.Y girl - she lives and breathes fun times, long nights, and exciting times. Her entire demeanor radiates sunshine and fun. It's rare that Allison is seen in a melancholy state, and if she is, she prefers to keep to herself. Being gifted with the ability of musical healing, she has adapted somewhat of a performance persona'; not to say this differs from her regular self, she just accepts it much more than she used to. Allison is quite ditzy and airheaded, seemingly always skipping classes (when she can afford to) and sleeping through lectures. She doesn't understand many of the heavier topics taught at Elswoods, which is why she is rather surprised she has stuck it out for three years. Often looked to as a friend of everyone, Allison is quick to befriend any and all new students. She has come to learn that kindness is the best way to get someone to like you, and being liked is what Allison thrives off of. Allison is highly skilled with all common instruments, and some not-so-known ones as well.

✿✿✿

Allison Baxter wasn't always known as Allison. In her first 15 years, she was known as a he, and her name was Alexander. From the moment she could form cognitive sentences, and play with her friends, Alexander didn't feel like an 'Alexander', he felt like an Allison. With his parents' permission and loving support, as well as open mindedness, Alexander underwent hormone treatment and in the following two years, many different sex reassignment surgeries. By the age of 18, Alexander was no more, and Allison was who she was now.
Overjoyed by her transformation, Allison absorbed the personality of a loving, caring, enthusiastic party girl. She had many friends, and for once in her life, felt comfortable in her own body. Sure, the healing was difficult, but she couldn't have been happier. The sad part, was that in her home town, many people knew her as Alexander – her own family and incredibly close friends as well. Not all of them were as supportive of her gender reassignment as her parents were.
She was often called 'gods mistake' by her religious grandparents, and by many others, still Alexander – even after requesting they respect her decision in changing her entire life around. Discouraged by the backlash she received from her community, Allison began searching for a way to escape. She still needed to attend school according to her parents, so wherever she went, it would have to be within educational territory. After coming to a dead-end search, she decided it was time to clear her head.
Her favourite park was just a few blocks away from her home, so she decided to take a midnight walk, reassuring her parents that she'd be home soon and had her phone. Unfortunately, fate had other plans for Allison that night. She doesn't remember much, expect for some very large hands grabbing and restraining her, and a strange group of muffled voices. The rest is dark in her mind.
She woke up later, realizing she was nowhere familiar. Attempting to find her phone to contact her parents, she was surprised to find that not only had her phone and belongings been taken, but she had been placed in an entirely new wardrobe – unbeknownst to her. She was covered in small bruises and cuts, mostly from whatever struggle she put up before she was taken to this strange place. Upon inspecting one of the cuts on her hand and applying some pressure, she winced at the sting that radiated up her nervous system.
For a few hours following, Allison attempted to wait out whoever or whatever put her here. She began humming a couple tunes and fiddling with her fingers to pass the time. Just as she was about to start banging on walls, Allison was greeted by a rather eerie sounding metallic voice echoing over the speakers inside the room she was held captive.
The word 'safe' struck a chord with her. Allison had never truly felt… safe. This place made it possible for her to feel safe… for her to feel loved, she was sure no one knew her here, for she had never heard of 'Elswood' before. Looking down at her hands, Allison was shocked to see the cuts and bruises had vanished, she was baffled and excited all at once – this was her chance to begin a-new!

CONNECTIONS
Vinyl Kerouac
Vinyl and Allison were quick friends. After her first year adapting to Elswood, Allison was starting to crave the closeness that came with friendship - she needed someone by her side, and a year following her first, Vinyl came into the picture. The two bonded like lost brother and sister, finding similarities in each other and opposites that reigned the other in. Allison relies on Vinyl (or Vi, as he prefers) for stability and guidance, where as Vinyl relies on Allison for a good time an a worth-while headache.

Jia Zhang
Jia and Allison are one preppy duo that seem to never be without the other. The two are connected both in mind, body, and spirit, or so they say. It's often one can find the other completing a sentence they had just formed themselves, or even, aiding in a well put stretching of the truth. Jia and Allison are best friends and often find themselves getting into trouble with their need to have more fun than Elswood permits - though silly in their nature, they are closely knit and often share things with each other than would have Elswoods staff lose their marbles.

Brier Caprione'
Allison has never wanted to crack the shell of another so bad in her entire life. Though she was bullied as a child, the scary and harsh demeanor which Brier possesses only deems to egg her on into figuring the girl out. She is to aloof as a person to put forth sufficient effort into cracking Brier, however, she often attempts to include the feisty brat into extracurriculars - specifically cheer.

Blake Mondicrie
Between the two lies little to no relationship. Blake often pushes Allison away for reasons unknown to her. She became attracted to the man after seeing him passing her in the hallway for the billionth time. Being the upbeat and completely ditzy person she is, she's often approached him with nothing but a gleaming smile on her face in attempts to warm up his sully attitude. The two are acquaintances, though Allison wishes for more.

Jelani Simba Buhari
Je and Allie are the two who seem to get everyone else rowdy and ready to go. They both enjoy parties and having fun-times - albeit it often getting the spirit squad into trouble. Je and Allie are often found chit-chatting amongst themselves, plotting future ideas for parties and get togethers.

POP QUIZ
Write a sentence or two using a few of Elswood's slang words.
[[Allison is to busy partying to deal with the shady backdoor style of Elswood. She hasn't experienced The Fridge herself - only heard rumors. She fears becoming like those creepy sleepwalkers she sees, so she stays oblivious.]]

2. True or False: Elswood's devices can easily be hacked or manipulated by those with abilities related to electronics and used to communicate with the outside world.
FALSE

Their ElsTech Devices

!!QUESTIONS!!

"Tell us about yourself and why you're here, Allison?"
A soft giggle echoed around the bubbly and ditzy blonde. "Please, please, just Allie. It's so much easier." She smiled, situating her freshly ironed skirt to sit slightly higher on her thighs. "Well, let's see - I've done this quite a few times, but I guess third time's the charm. My name is Allison Baxter, and... uh... I love it here! Everyone is so nice and I have such a great time with all my extracurriculars. Plus, the parties are fantastic!" She smiled softly, watching the fluorescent lights illuminate her bedazzled nails.......
"My attitude? Well.. if you want my opinion on classes - I'm rarely paying attention.. it... doesn't make sense to me..." she giggled softly, worrying her bottom lip. "In general, this place is fantastic. I don't have many complaints, and the technology is great! I love Elswoods social media and look!--" Allison pulled the touch-screen elstech device from her small pink, jewel encrusted bag, "--I already have 987 followers... oh! and 200 new likes!".........
A small smirk appeared on her lips, arching heavily in the right corner. Her bubble-gum pink gloss shimmered underneath the light illuminating the room, "I mean, what girl hasn't had a little run in with the cops in her life? I'm no saint, but, I try my best to stay out of trouble.. cops like me... I'm very persuasive." Her grin didn't falter.......

Allison%20Baxter%20Glog_zpsu9sg0hwb.png

Schedule_zpswog0kh5b.png

[/bg]
[bg=#000000][/bg]

[bg=#000000]
Blake%20Mondicrie%20CS%20Banner_zpsh4growvt.png

Blake%20Mondicrie_zpsraq2sngx.png

FC: Andy Biersack

Blake - This is what everyone calls him and he doesn't intend on having it changed anytime soon.
Balakay (BA-LOCK-EH) - A name his younger sister gave him when she was to young to say Blake

Cismale
Him/His
Straight

22 Years of Age.
December 25th 1994

○ Animation ○
[spoili]
Blake can give life to inanimate objects/substances, animating them to act/move on their own accord.
CURRENT LIMITATIONS
Cannot control his animations for longer than an hour.
[/spoili]

AQUA ☔
Senior

Student Adviser

Forks, Washington

dividerline4.png

Blake isn't the type to involve himself in the day-to-day semantics of Elswood. He prefers to keep to himself, often attempting to learn more than his head can hold. He is quite, though not shy. If you require conversation - true conversation - Blake will give it to you. He's the type who would rather read a book and study, than enjoy the sunshine outside. He's never been the typical teenager when it came to hooking up, or even trying to date - he much prefers time to himself. Despite his reclusive attitude, Blake has managed to obtain a couple friends. Should one need to share a secret, Blake is your go to man - he has never once revealed a secret that a friend has shared with him, and is rather excellent with safe-keeping and guarding anything and everything that needs it. He is also the type to follow the rules to a T, and if currently attempting to apply as a teacher once he graduates as a Senior.

☔☔☔

Blake was the child no one interacted with. He was quiet, kept to himself, and was often deep into the history or fantasy of some book. It was rare to see the boy without some form of reading material when he was younger, and even as technology improved, he never seemed to falter his book-steady appearance – even with the invention of e-readers.
Both of his parents were rarely present in his life, they were fantastic, however worked much too often to give Blake the attention he wanted, she he sheltered himself with the stories played out in whimsical tales held inside the crisp hard coverings of his favourite books.
His mother was a gifted animator, just like Blake. She taught him about his ability the moment he discovered he could use 'animation' near the beginning of his middle-school life when he accidentally animated the large lion mascot that was painted on his school's gym wall – that was an interesting experience; needless to say, the Mondicrie's were never seen in that city again.
After being taught just what his power was, Blake became fascinated with the world of magic and the people like him. He even incorporated tall, magical tales into the stories he read his little sister before bedtime – she wasn't aware everything Blake spoke of, was real. As he grew older, Blake's fascination only seemed to grow, the facts his mother gave were of little to no value as his need for more knowledge only expanded to innumerable mass. He wanted… no, he needed more information.
Blake began searching the internet, books, and every other source of information he could find, intensely. He was determined to learn about the origin of magic, of… powers, and of his ability, more specifically. During a night-raid of the internet's deepest web pages, Blake stumbled across a website featuring a fancy school – it went by the name of Elswood Academy. Immediately, Blake's attention was drawn to the 'magic' section. As soon as he went to click on it, his world went dark.
What seemed like a few hours later, Blake awoke in a strange room with little to no indication of where he might be. His first concern, was his sister; she was left home alone, he was watching her. Panic began to overwhelm the man before a loud, robotic voice came over the speaker set in the room he was currently sat in.

"Attention New Student. Welcome to Elswood Academy. Momentarily, your orientation shall begin. You are safe. Your family is safe. Here…. Is safe."
Blake was confused and frightened, but he knew better than to fight this. With hesitation, he followed all instructions to come.
--
Three years have passed since that frightful day. Blake has been drowned in all the information of magic he could ever want. Rarely does he get concerned about his family or the outside world. Now approaching his fourth year in Elswood as a senior, Blake has committed to teaching; or at least, learning the ropes. He hopes to continue his time in Elswood, absorbing as much information as possible.

CONNECTIONS
Alyssa Maxwell
Blake and Alyssa developed a rather spontaneous and fast acting relationship. She often comes to him with questions regarding Elswoods technology, and with his knowledge, he aids her to the best of her abilities. They occasionally work on their abilities together - however, Blake enjoys coming to Alyssa for a moment to confide, when all the secrets he keeps becomes too much.

Camiella T. Rosette
Blake and Cami are friends that most wouldn't expect to be 'friends'. With her being a very upbeat, flirtatious and popular girl, and him being rather brooding and shy, the two would seem to have a need for each other. However, upon request from Camiella, Blake tutors with her in some subjects she struggles with - over the few months they've know each other, a slight school girl crush has developed on Camiella's side.... it's possible Blake may feel something as well.

Jia Zhang
New as friends, both Jia and Blake seem near polar opposites. However, with a best friend like Allison Baxter, one would require a break from the chaos every now and then. Jia found this in Blake - his quiet and soft demeanor a excellent inhibitor to the intensities found with Allison. Blake offers Jia support and kind words, and though the two haven't known each other very long, Blake has started to see Jia as almost a little sister figure in his life - often wanting to dote on her, give her gifts and take care of her.

Brier Caprione'
Blake has taken interest to teaching the hot-headed prefect to control her abilities. He finds them interesting enough that his attention has been on nothing but the information behind replication magic. Often, he attempts to share his own animation ability with Brier, finding that she can replicate it with intense concentration. He has made her some-what of a guinea pig in the last year or so, offering tutoring for her abilities whenever she requires it.

Allison Baxter
Blake has been observant with the blonde bimbo, often finding that her advancements are her way of trying to befriend him. Blake isn't the type to deny friendship, however, he strictly keeps it plutonic with Allison - this is an unchanging decision for the man.

☔ Pop Quiz ☔
[[Blake looks up to The Elements. He finds their vast knowledge far more interesting than any book he's ever had the chance to read.]]

FALSE.

Their ElsTech Devices

!! QUESTIONS !!

"Tell us about yourself and why you're here, Blake?"
He peered up from the thick novel currently in his hands, holding the vast majority of his attention. Silently, Blake closed the book with a scrap piece of paper holding his current chapter and page. He reached down to his book bag to the left of the chair, silently and meticulously placing the book deep into one of the opened pockets. Blake shifted his attention back to the interviewer, "There's nothing much to tell. I am here for research. I needed to know more, and where I was couldn't offer that. I was doing some research about schools that could offer me a higher education, and the next thing I knew, I was in Elswood........
Blake pondered on the question, coming to terms with an in-depth answer which only seemed to fade every second it didn't leave his lips, "I have no complaints, this place is excellent for subduing my neurotic tendencies towards absorbing knowledge. So long as you supply me with said knowledge, my opinion on this place will never change... no matter how many times I'm asked this question.".........

"None." Blake was quick to answer, with a straight-line of sight on his interviewer. "I don't like trouble. I keep to myself, and keep anything I'm told to myself." He reached down into his book bag retrieving the same novel he had just had in hand moments ago. "May I go? I'm nearly finished this chapter."..........

Core Classes

-Literary Analysis & Composition
-British & World Literature
-American Literature
-World History
-World Cultures
-Current World Events
-Algebra I & II
-Calculus I & II
-Global Economics
-Physics
-Chemistry
-Biology

Other Electives

-Latin
-German
-The History of Special Abilities
-Teaching Assistant

Skill Classes

-Mind Games
-Advanced Mental Manipulation

Extracurriculars

-Debate Team
-Academic Decathlon
-Swimming/Diving
-Water Polo

[/bg]
[bg=#000000][/bg]​

• Love
Reactions: Justin and mango

tumblr_nmp1nnXam41rvvhg3o9_500.gif

#EE9A49

Chase Kim

Thunderbird; Jupiter

Male; he/him/his

Kim Jongdae

June 16th, 1995

Bisexual

CP6qnHXU8AABpju.jpg

Thunder/Lightning Manipulation (this includes minor storm creation; also called Electrokinesis)

Terra

Junior

Student
Prefect

tumblr_nlqiz62J3e1swkov9o1_500.gif

Chicago, Illinois

His personality has generally remained the same since high school. He is more on the meek (AKA respective) side in conversations with strangers and seeks to please others over himself. Conflict is heavily avoided if he has the choice and the route that will lead to a peaceful solution is one that will be sought out in his eyes, especially if he is the one who has to try and solve the conflict. With his stable and calm mindset, some come to him for advice and seek his help for various reasons. Breaking or going against the rules is something he would absolutely not do, especially in Elswood. It is far too risky and all he wants to do is survive in this academy and be the best he can be. He conforms to the rules. Anyone who ignores them may earn a scrutinizing gaze from him if they are seen.

Chase is still on the sensitive side these days but he knows how to hold his own against unfairness. Especially if other students provoke him. Being bullied taught him how to speak his mind. His fuse of anger is rather long because he knows how disasterous the situation would be if he really did get pissed off and he'd prefer not to barbecue someone if it were up to him. He'd only get angry if things got prolonged and extended over an unnecessarily long period of time. Electricity fills the air if he's upset and that may cause headaches for those around him. If people would only listen then maybe there wouldn't be any problems. Again, he's calm and reserved and likes to live a slower life. Picking up books and reading them is a hobby of his and he won't hesitate to throw his intelligence your way if he either doesn't like you much or feels the need to correct your information. Some may consider him boring upon first meeting him but once they're friends with Chase, they'll get to experience that bubbly and chatty/teasing side of him. He just likes to keep things professional.

Some memories are gradually coming back to him. The only thing he is truly unsure about is how he arrived at Elswood. He woke up alone, lethargic, in a plain room painted white that reminded him of a hospital. When he asked questions from his dry lips, he didn't get the answers he was looking for. Once well enough, he was pushed off to some other room with young adults his age looking just as confused as he was, some looking frightened. Chase was calm. Something inside him told him that he was not leaving. It was just a sinking suspicion, a feeling that he couldn't shake. Even if the situation had been explained in the Orientation Room, many of the people in the room held on to their suspicions. They locked up those with the special abilities in a place that was nowhere near society. It was a prison disguised as a school. For them. Two years later and he is still suspicious about Elswood Academy.

Past memories only started coming a month after his arrival. They would catch him by surprise most times; he would jolt awake with sudden memories of Edgewater Beach, seagulls screeching overhead as the waves of Lake Michigan lapped against the sand. Other memories struck him at lunch or dinner time and were powerful enough to halt that spoon scooping up the soup of the day from his bowl. During his first year, most of his memories returned and his understanding of the academy expanded. Chase was from your average middle-class family in the neighborhoods of the North side of Chicago, born on one of the stormiest days of the year. Enough that the streets flooded, the lightning knocking over telephone lines and crushing cars underneath the weight of trees. His "abilities" didn't show up until kindergarten. Not until he was bullied. Kindergarten bullying existed and he was unlucky enough to find out. A group of kids would hide things from him and crack jokes, stealing his food during lunch. No bid deal, right? But then they started making fun of him and his family and his personal likes. They hardly had any motives but Chase didn't see much in it until the rude comments. Maybe they knew he was different even before Chase himself knew.

Then one day he lost it. They were on the playground during recess and as he was going down that twirly yellow slide crowded with children, someone pushed him. He tumbled down, falling off the side two feet from the ground. Sure, it wasn't high enough, but he still hurt himself. He was scraped and bruised, glasses knocked off his face and all of the kids were laughing at him. Some even praised the kids who pushed him off. Then he was surrounded by them, their laughs invading their ears. Book boy can't see with his glasses on, so why should he even have them? There was a crunch and the glasses were stomped on. Then there was more laughing. At this point, Chase was sniffling and crying, a sudden wave of anger flowing through his body. It was the literal definition of a storm of emotions. When the kids got closer and a supervisor was coming over, Chase lashed out. It only took less than a second... a flash of light and the screams of the children. One of the kids had a large burn mark along his arm and part of his leg and a few had minor burn marks. The school alerted his parents and from there, he knew he was not a normal human.

His abilities didn't show most times but apparently his parents thought he should go to an isolated school in the middle of nowhere so his abilities could be controlled. Guess his parents didn't like excess thunder or lightning anymore. Or their son.

N/A

[spoili]
"Most of the students observed in Elswood are heated, especially when mentions of The Fridge and the Cradle are brought up because it only amps up their anxiety. These newcomers this year are under stricter supervision than last year and prefects are told to amp up their jobs patrolling the academy so nobody steps out of line."
"False. The technology is extremely advanced from what students have noticed. Each device is used only for resources and communications with students inside the academy; misusing the device privileges will result in consequences."
"Their devices."

[/spoili]

Butterflies and Hurricanes- Muse

tumblr_nlpzncsE3h1rk9qqmo4_500.gif

• English, Lit Analysis & Composition, and American Literature
  • World History, World Cultures, and Current World Events
  • Global Economics, Algebra I & II, Calculus I & II
  • Latin & French
  • Chorus and Archery
  • Shapeshifting and Mind Games
  • Student Activities Committee and Debate Team
  • Volleyball and Swimming/Diving

Tell us about yourself and why you're here, Chase."
Chase shifted on his chair and clenched his jaw to stop the sigh from leaving his upturned lips. The same question as before."I'm a Junior here and I've done this twice and my answers haven't changed but I suppose I can answer again," he hoped his voice didn't sound too disrespectful but at the same time he wanted to make the message clear: he was still suspicious about this school. The male crossed his leg over the other. " I don't know why I'm here because my memories were oddly taken away for some time and I do not remember when I was brought here or why my parents made me come here. I hope that one day I'll get to ask them some questions."

"Interesting... What is your attitude towards our school?"
He thought he had made his answer clear. His tongue flicked out to lick his lips before he continued with answering. "I've received a wonderful education here and have learned to control myself in different environments thanks to your program. I'm still curious about some processes here... or at least... some of them. I only show concern towards other students and hope they are being treated well and like humans."

Chase was quick to answer this one. There was no hesitation. "No, I have not."

axqcy1U.png

qtSJyBu.png

• NAME
    Hale Sanders

ALIAS(ES)
    None

PREFERRED PRONOUNS
    He - His - Him

FACE CLAIM
    Elliot Knight

DATE OF BIRTH
    April 13th, 1996

SEXUALITY
    Heterosexual

• ABILITY
    Supernatural Condition

DIVISION
    Ignis

YEAR
    Sophomore

POSITION
    Student

• HOMETOWN
    London, England

PERSONALITY
    Hale is an easy-going person. He is usually laid-back and easy to socialize with or otherwise. However, he can be hot-tempered or easily provoked at some degree. Though that actually depends on the other party. The man can be callous and blunt if the situation requires for him to be so. He does not really enjoy being bossed around or be surrounded by authorative people. Mainly if they abuse their position and power, or speak to him in a condescending manner. Other than that, he is cheerful and kind if one gets to know him.

Most of his feelings are usually bottled up because he finds it unneccesary to be shared. He can also have a sort of rebellious attitude, which stems from his past. If there is someone who is close to him, he will eventually share one or two secrets. He can be depended upon, as long as he agrees to it.

BIOGRAPHY
    The youngest of the four siblings from the Sanders family. Unlike most of his older siblings, Hale was born in London England. Having a simple yet extravagant life-style, because of his parents reputation, especially his father, there was nothing he couldn't have. Their lives were relative good to one point, and it all changed when they moved to the United States. Or more specifically, New York. It was around the age eleven, when his family decided to live across the world.

Before we continue, lets delve some more into Hale's past. During his time at school, he was occasionally bullied. The boy had friends, but it was more like his entire group of friends were bullied by others. They couldn't actually stand back upto them. Despite the strong will Hale inherited from his father, and mother, and his oldest brother, he was the only one who pushed his group to retaliate. Despite the complaints made to the teachers, the bullying never actually stopped.

It happened, but it happened in a secluded area. Sometime during the free periods they had, sometime after school. Not only that, they did end up in fights more than once, and if anything Hale was considered a delinquent among his friends. Well, they were the same as well, in some way. Now then, it was time to strike back, or rather, enough was enough. Hale was considered the "leader" of the group of friends that got bullied, so obviously, the older students who bullied them, forced his friends to beat him up. A crowd also surrounded Hale, as some laughed, while some of the kids his age tried to stop the fighting.

He was curled up at the ground, his hands covered his face, and then the bullying stopped. His so-called friends only beat him up so they could join the bullies. That was perhaps the only way they could stop getting bullied by them. They were weak. They betrayed Hale. Thats what he believed, thats also when, the older students who bullied Hale, eventually continued. Now it was their turn to kick him around, while his friends would watch. As per requested and ordered by the seniors.

Again, enough was enough. Thats when his dormant abilities kicked in. Thats when his life actually changed for the better, or was it actually worse? Hale eventually beat his bullies. Unable to control himself, he even broke an arm or two. Standing there while he bled from the nose, and the instigators on the floor aching in pain, holding their arms. Hale was panting, and obviously, this entire event was blamed on him. The entire situation was severe and his parents decided to move him over to a private school.

It still did not change anything. Hale became rebellious. He ended up in a fight or two even at his new school, but then again, luckily his powers never re-surfaced, nor did he understand it. It was apparently inherited from his family's lineage.

So they finally moved to New York. And it was two years after the incident at his first school. Time passed. Fights happened. Hale began hanging with the cool kids, or people who would involve the police. The youngest sibling of the Sanders family was basically hanging with a bunch of unruly teenagers. Since plenty of years passed, he did research on his ability. What he was, and where it came from. There was some old books in their house with tales about relatives, or those within the Sanders family tree to have such an ability; Supernatural Condition. Giving him enhanced strength, enhanced speed and much more.

Still, it was something he just couldn't wrap his head around, nor control 100%. He grew more distant from his family over the years, but this is also when him and his friends, were a part of BNE(Breaking and entering). Foolish young teenagers as they were, the silent alarm kicked off, and most of the people got away, Hale was one of those who didn't. He was talented in parkour but it did not help, not when his own ability kicked in. He was not taken down by cops, but someone else who knew exactly what to do, in order to incapacitate him. This is where his story actually begins. This is how Hale Sanders ends up in Elswood Academy. Was his family behind this? Now that is the big question, or is was there something else?

CONNECTIONS
    None Right Now

• POP QUIZ
    So.. I heard that there is something at this Academy. Yeah, I dont know but I've heard people call it The Fridge, and apparently, once you're iced, you're done. I may be wrong though.

True or False: Elswood's devices can easily be hacked or manipulated by those with abilities related to electronics and used to communicate with the outside world.
    FALSE

What do students use to enter their dorm rooms?
    They use their ElsTech Devices.

QUESTIONS
    "Tell us about yourself and why you're here, Hale?"

"Heh.." He started, looking around the room and the strangers before him. "Why the hell would I tell you anything about myself. Why the fuck am I even here?" Hale was almost furious. If only he could do something. The people before him just looked at him silently without batting an eye. "The fuck are you staring at me for?!" He asked again, though there was no response to his own questions. It was an awkward situation. Where they machines? A sigh escaped his lips, before he succumbed to their questions. "Fine! I'll spill.." He leaned against his chair.

"I dont know why I'm here. But I know I'm against my fucking will!.. Thats for sure." Hale took a brief pause, before he continued. "I'm 21 years old. I hail from London, England, but you could also say I'm from the United States. But I bet you guys know that already.."

Now they talk? Hale was pissed as silence echoed throughout the room. Thats when it struck his mind. He's in a school? "What school? What are you talking about?" The young man asked the people before him, though just like before, they simply ignored his questions. "Riiight.." Hale looked to his side. By now, he knew that whatever the hell he asked, would be ignored. "Okay.. I'll play.." Hale leaned forward, placing his hands on the table before him, as they were tied.

"I've yet to see this.. School.. And so far, my attitude is far from good. If you guys didn't keep me in this damn room, or took me against my will, I may have had something else to say. Perhaps a damn invitation first? That would've been a step in the right direction!"

Of course there was more to ask. And the next question that escaped their lips was tricky. Hale had no idea what to say. Was it a trick question? What was actually going on? "Uhh.." He was confused and unsure if giving them the truth was for the wise. However, he wanted out, or at least out from this room he was in. "Yeah, I have. More than once.. Unfortunately.. Though you know.. It was no biggie.. Really."

• SCHEDULE
    Core Classes
    English
    British & World Literature
    World History
    World Cultures
    Current World Events

Global Economics
    Pre-Calculus/Trignonometry
    Geometry
    Earth Science
    Biology
    Chemistry

Other Electives
    French
    Latin
    Martial Arts
    Archery

Skill Classes
    Better, Faster, Stronger
    Mind Games

Extra-Curriculars
    Student Activities Committee
    Debate Team
    Swimming/Diving
    Track

3ZusAyD.png

aXMQeQe.jpg

giphy.gif

• NAME
    Alyssa Maxwell

ALIAS(ES)
    Aly, Max

PREFERRED PRONOUNS
    She - Her

FACE CLAIM
    Teresa Palmer

DATE OF BIRTH
    December 15th, 1995

SEXUALITY
    Heterosexual

• ABILITY
    Electromagnetism Manipulation

DIVISION
    Aqua

YEAR
    Junior

POSITION
    Student
    Probationary Prefect

• HOMETOWN
    New Orleans, Louisiana

PERSONALITY
    Alyssa is an outgoing person. Always stays composed, and controls her emotions, her attitude. She usually acts professional, but that isn't exactly a good thing, not always. She is also reserved in most cases, but then again, if she is with the right bunch, she can let loose. Other than that, the young woman is active, and easy to socialize with. She can, however, become easily emotional. The woman has a strong will, but it is easy to break through. She is also quite curious, and enjoys the unknown, or the mystery. Alyssa is also opinionated, but also likes to explore. She has an adventurous spirit if one truly gets to know her. She can act like her usual self since before she came to the Academy with those close to her. Obviously, she is also a listener, so if something is troubling her friends, she can always lend a shoulder, but then again, being overly-emotional sometime, the young woman needs some caring and comfort as well.

BIOGRAPHY
    Alyssa Maxwell is from a standard middle-class family. The young woman, is the oldest sibling in her family, with her little sister being the youngest. Their parents only had two children. So, basically, they are a family of four. None of her parents were gifted with superhuman abilities, nor was her little sister. Alyssa was the only one who inherited Electromagnetism from one of her grandparents, or rather, mainly from her mothers family tree. Since long past in their lineage, the family has been able to keep such an ability at bay, or compressed to a point where it is nearly useable.

Many years ago, rather decades ago, or generations ago, they usually confined those within the Maxwell family to a cell. At the age of twelve. That was mostly the case when one possessed such an ability. This was not considered a gift within the family and their long history. It was rather a curse. It needed to be controlled, and the one who could utilize this power, was imprisoned for most of their life. The life back in the days was cruel. Alyssa's parents knew about it. A family journal was passed down from generation to generation.

Alyssa's parents were different, her grandparents were also different. They were more accepting. They wanted to change the old path the family led. However, her grandparents where no more. It was only her parents and her little sister. Even if she read the journal at some point, her father and mother trusted her to a point where she was able to live a normal life. She had a boyfriend. She had a happy life. A loving little sister and parents. Alyssa could barely cover or control her ability. However, her father and his wisdom helped her through the hardships back then. Still, the one cause that made her ability re-surface time and time again was because of her emotions. Because of this, she was able to unintentionally injure her little sister.

It all happened when her parents had an arguement with her. It was because of her boyfriend. Reasons unknown, she was told not to meet her boyfriend. He was apparently not the right one for her. Her parents had discovered once they were out that this particular boyfriend was cheating on her. They neglected to share that with her to save her from the heartache. Alyssa did not listen, obviously, being the teen she was, she stayed with him, but it took her two weeks to clue it all together and discover the truth. Coming home late after school, she was comforted by her parents. She weeped and cried, and her ability re-surfaced. This is when her little sister walked downstairs, and was injured. Severely at that. She was paralyzed from the back down. Her sisters life was practically over. She could never have a normal life. She could never walk again.

Still, her little sister never actually knew what happened to her. The only thing Alyssa's parents told her was that she fell down the stairs. The little sister was apparently sleepwalking when this happened. They spared her from the truth, but they were not forgiving of their oldest daughter. They forcefully made her attend the Elswood Academy. Torn as she was, cursed as she believed she was, she gave in. This is how she ended up in the Academy for gifted people. One of the reasons she was there was to hopefully discover a way to help her sister walk again, and to better control what she was and still is.

CONNECTIONS
    None Right Now

• POP QUIZ
    Don't act all high and mighty. If your attitude isn't in check, you'll be thrown into something much worse than The Fridge. It's called The Cradle. You'll become a sleepwalker.

True or False: Elswood's devices can easily be hacked or manipulated by those with abilities related to electronics and used to communicate with the outside world.
    FALSE

The students use their ElsTech Devices.

QUESTIONS
    "Tell us about yourself and why you're here, Alyssa?"

Her left leg was crossed over the other. She was leaned against the chair, seated all elegantly. Alyssa was not nervous, she was rather quite composed and ready for the inquiry by the people at the Academy. In the same familiar room as before, a simple smile crept on her face. "Okay. You already know by now that I've yet to fully control my own abilities. It's been hard, but since I came here, I've gradually come to grasp with what I'm capable of doing. I'm sure you're monitoring each student around the campus. But yeah. I'm here so I dont unintentionally harm others around me. I've been there, done that." This was actually quite hard for her to express. It was a sore subject for her since it involved her past. The life she believed she had forgotten. "I do not want to go through that again."

"Hmm.. I'm not suuure.." Alyssa squinted her ice blue eyes ever so slightly, looking at the people before her. "Well, at first, this entire Academy was confusing. There was and still is alot for me to learn. When I mean learn, I mean remember how to navigate with the ElsTech device you've handed me, and every other student here." A mocking smirk was plastered on her face, gazing at the wall to the right, before rubbing her temple. The blonde young woman did not exactly have a genuine expression on her face. Their question was a reminder that this Academy is more than just an education process. They are all stuck here for god knows how long. "Not really fond of it, no.. I mean, I know we're all here to learn to better control what we are, and what we have inside us, but to me, it feels more like a prison."

It was quite ironic for her to actually say something like that, but then again, the woman was also perceptive to the situation before her. "Yes, I know.. I know.. I came her almost if not willingly. I had to.. I had no other option."

"I have not. Not as far as I can remember." Alyssa did not hesitate there. Despite her rocky past, she never actually had any issues with the authority. Not then, and not now.

• SCHEDULE
    Core Classes
    American Literature
    British & World Literature
    World History
    World Cultures
    Current World Events

Global Economics
    Algebra I & II
    Calculus I & II
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Physics

Other Electives
    Spanish
    German
    Creative Writing
    The History of Special Abilities

Skill Classes
    Communication: From Astral to Zoological
    Mastering The Four Elements

Extra-Curriculars
    Academic Decathlon
    Debate Team
    Cheer/Spirit Squad
    Volleyball

Last edited:

[bg=#521561]
"Falling through solid objects. Accidentally hitting myself with a flying object. Don't worry, I got this!"
[/bg]
tumblr_inline_mzfbtdWb2s1r5hw0q.gif
tumblr_inline_mzfbveuYYM1r5hw0q.gif
tumblr_inline_mzeuckmo7E1spqk1t.gif
tumblr_inline_mzeuewRI4Z1spqk1t.gif
tumblr_inline_mzs1ckCiWo1spqk1t.gif
tumblr_inline_mzfbrnRKoK1r5hw0q.gif

[bg=#521561]
Jia Madison Zhang

JiJi

Female - Her, and she.

Brenda Song

April 9th

Heterosexual

Intangibility: the ability to pass through objects at will
Telekinesis- side ability- the ability to move objects with her mind.
[/bg]
[bg=#521561]
CURRENT LIMITATION
Jia can't control when she passes through objects.
She can only move something that is less than ten feet away.

Terra

Sophomore

Student

Cheshire, England

[/bg][bg=#521561]
LEADER || SPIRITED || OPTIMISTIC
Maybe, it's the fact that Jia never really cares about what people say, but she always shrugs the stupid comments off and walks away from the situation. Nothing really ever upsets her seeing that she is level headed...most of the time. Jia is a leader and a good one at that, a;ways responsible for herself and sometimes others. Being a leader isn't always about leading others, but sometimes just about being a team player, Jia shows this in her activities such as Yearbook and Volleyball.

ATHLETIC || SPORTY|| FLEXIBLE
This isn't all the time, but Jia can be very proactive when it comes to sports, sporting events, or exercising. Being raised in a household of professional athletes would do this to someone. However, she can mostly be seen being athletic or sporty while in the middle of volleyball practice. As a child she did many years of gymnastics and club volleyball.

LAID BACK || UNDERSTANDING || MODEST
Jia isn't someone to be "up in your face" in fact she would most likely stay clear of that. She's a very easy going girl and likes to get to know someone for them and not some superficial stereotype others place on them. Though her parents would consider her the best, Jia just thinks that she has some skills like everyone else does. Nothing important to be showed off.

FASHIONABLE || SASSY || WITTY
Okay, it wasn't like Jia wasn't popular in boarding school, in fact she was very well known. However, she wasn't very for being known by everyone and their dog. She shies away from the immediate spot light. Though she can make even the drabbest of outfits look good. It's all about the confidence! Although it can also be about the sass she admits on occasions. Made very clear by her her freshman year, Jia can be a bit witty with her come backs or even revenge.

It wasn't easy growing up to a pair of Olympic athletes, especially being half British and half Chinese. Summer's were spent in Beijing with her grand parents and the rest of the year in Cheshire, England with her parents, well kind of. At the ripe age of thirteen, Jia's parents began shipping her off to a boarding school in Scotland each year. At first, Jia thought they didn't appreciate her or love her, but time went on and she started favoring her boarding school more than her home. It wasn't until her junior year at boarding school that she started to develop her ability of intangibility. Jia had a tendency of walking straight into objects: poles, doors, tables, etc., but it wasn't until she noticed the lack of hitting objects that she realized she was different. After a long discussion with her parents, and grandparents, it turned out that Jia inherited the gene from her grandfather. However, the telekinesis was unique.

Discovering her ability, and side ability, was a down fall for Jia. She thought it was cool at first, till she began over thinking it and activated her abilities on accident at school. Senior year she was considered a "cool freak" and well she didn't appreciate that, but ran with it till graduation. Upon her leave from the boarding school, Jia learned about Elswood- a place she could learn about her abilities and be with people like her. She loved it and chose to pursue an secondary education there. It's kind of like high school, but better.

WIP

[/bg][bg=#521561][/bg]​
[bg=#521561]
"Okay so you know how I said I wanted to be iced? Changed my mind. I forgot that Tiffany, the tall blonde from last year? Yeah, well she was thrown into the Fridge for a bit and eventually got Iced. Don't get me wrong, I hate my abilities sometimes, but wouldn't want to lose them."

"Um, this is a joke, right? Of course it's false! The tech here is beyond the reach of techno-powered student."

"Well I use my device, so does everyone else."

"Tell us about yourself and why you're here, again, Jia?"
"Hey, Cole. They made you do this again this year? Huh, fun." A smile spread across Jia's face. It wasn't too long ago that she had to answer these questions for the first time. In a year she had changed a lot. "Okay, well I'm Jia Zhang, most people call me Jiji. I'm from a biracial family, my father is British and mother is Chinese." Stopping, Jia thought about her parents. Had it really been almost two years since she last talked with them? After learning that they passed her off because they couldn't stand having a child that had abilities, Jia stopped talking to them and only kept in contact with her grandparents. She sighed. "I have a younger sibling, that has no abilities. She's adopted. Um...I am apart of the yearbook here at the school and the volleyball team." She chuckled a bit as she thought of her volleyball team. "My ability is intangibility, which can be a complete pain in the... can I say that or does the board going to omit that. Whatever, I don't care. I have the side ability of telekinesis and I'm a sophomore here." She finished as she looked at her nail polish. The pearl colored nails were shining in the artificial light perfectly. Jia like the color and it made her that more happy about her chose.

"Personally, I think we could use some more individuality here." Jia pulled at the jacket's collar a bit. The color wasn't the best, but then again it wasn't her favorite green color. Being apart of Terra had it's perks, but the color choice wasn't her favorite. "Not a big fan of the dress code, but it's doable. Anyway, I like it here. The people are fun to be around and I get to know more about myself." Part of her response was a lie, she liked it here, but she felt like this place was hiding something important from the students.

"I'll say no." Moving the hair out of her face, she smirked. "The school would say yes, but they really don't know anything anymore." She pointed out. Jia was nice, but not that nice. She had a tendency of fighting when she felt necessary. However, she never started the fights. "Is this done?" She asked noticing the time on her phone. Once Cole gave her the okay, Jia grabbed her bag and stood. "I got to get to class. Bye, Cole." She called as she walked out the office door.

CORE CLASSES
Literary Analysis & Composition, British & World Literature, American Literature
World History, World Culture, Current World Events
Algebra II, Geometry, Global Economics
Earth Science, Biology, Chemistry

ELECTIVES
French, Japense
Martial Arts, Chorus

SKILL CLASSES
Mind Games
Advanced Mental Manipulation

EXTRA-CURRICULAR(S)
Yearbook, Drama
Volleyball, Cheerleading

[/bg]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Justin and mango

tumblr_mpd60103pR1snsanto1_500.gif

1z31fg9.png

Full name Aryan Kwon
Gender Male (he/him)
Face-claim Kim Ki Bum
Date of Birth 18th of June 1995
Age 20 years old
Sexuality Bisexual - leaning more towards males
Ability Transmutation
[spoili]Current Limitation
♦ Sometimes hard to control
♦ He can only transmute something back again within a certain period of time[/spoili]
Division Terra
Year Sophomore
Position Student
Hometown Incheon, South Korea

[fieldbox=♦, #07dbe5] "Tell us about yourself and what you're doing here, Aryan?"

A smile crept up on his lips as he heard his name being spoken, though his eyes stayed on the black pen he had borrowed from the desk in front of him. "I..." He began in a rather quiet tone as he spun the pen around his thumb, but before he caught it back in his hand it turned into a black bird that was quietly sitting on his hand. "...am a magician," His other hand carefully raised itself to let his finger rub over the head of the bird, the smile growing just a little bit more. "And I am here-" He continued before the bird turned back into the pen he had spun earlier - still in rotation - and landed neatly in his hand. "...to have fun,"

[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox=♦, #07dbe5] "Interesting. What's your attitude towards our school?"

His smile grew wider as he put the pen back onto the little tin can where he had found it. Now that his hands were free, he curled them and made a cute little heart with them before wriggling slightly in his chair. "I love it! Haven't been here for long, but now I won't be the only 'freak' around right?" He said in such a cheerful tone that he almost surprised himself. He dropped his hands back to his side, and put his left leg to rest over his right knee. "And it's probably fun, despite being a school," He joked playfully. [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=♦, #07dbe5] "Have you had any issues with authority figures in the past?"

The bright smile seemed to disappear and turn into a more embarrassed one. His eyes shifted away to the window to look outside, obviously wanting to avoid the question. They shifted back to the interviewer, before he began rubbing at his neck a little bit. "Just a few times..." He decided to admit. "But I will mention that I thought turning a policeman's gun into a flower was hilarious," He added in a low mutter, more to comfort himself of the embarrassing memory than to give any explanation. [/fieldbox]

Personality

Playful
Aryan is a highly playful individual. He thinks of the world as his own playground, maybe because a huge part of it is. He tends to play with everything, a leaf can become a ball and a part of the trunk of a tree can become a sledge. The world is to play with, and he is there to play all day long!

Teasing
If he finds something to tease you about then he will, but it is only friendly teasing, if Aryan hurts anyone feelings through his teasing, then he is quick to apologize because he only means it in a friendly matter. He doesn't only tease others, he is quick to tease himself if it makes other people feel better.

Optimistic
No matter the situation Aryan always manages to find something positive about it. He's not exactly sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing - especially since it makes him come off as highly carefree at bad situations - though he can't really do anything about it even if he wanted to, he has tried for a very long time.

Fabulous
While it can be perceived as the truth because of his abilities, it is not true. A part of him knows this very well, but he loves to think of himself as being fabulous. He's far from shy to mentioning it to others as well, though only at appropriate times of course.

Secretive
He is amazing at keeping secrets. It doesn't matter if they are his own or not, he never feels the need to tell someone else's or his own secrets over to others. He finds it very annoying when other does it to him, so he doesn't want anyone to feel the same if he does it to theirs.

Scared
While it might not seem like it from the outside, Aryan is incredible scared of what his ability is able to do. He is haunted by nightmares that constantly reminds him of how his powers can make people he love into rocks, and that he might not be able to turn them back. It is always a gamble, so while he loves to play around with his ability, he's very scared of it at the same time.

Impulsive
Aryan has a very bad habit of acting first and thinking later - excluding whenever he uses his powers on living beings - which has ended up getting him in trouble more than enough of times. Though Aryan loves his own impulsiveness since it makes his life have a little bit more of a spark than it otherwise would have, though it does make him into a small troublemaker as well.

Lonely
While he's overly friendly towards everyone and anyone, he has always found himself to be extremely lonely. There are times he'd watch with envy of couples that are holding hands, hugging, kissing or snuggling cutely on a bench. Aryan is too scared to let anyone get that close, so he distances himself to just have friends, accepted the fact that it is better for him to be alone.

Energetic
He never runs out of energy. Aryan has never tried, but he wants to try running a marathon after another, just to see if that would be able to make him pass out due to exhaustion. He's not even sure where the boundless energy comes from, but he can't do anything to stop it and he's completely okay with that.

Outgoing
If you're quicker then you may be able to get to greet Aryan before he greets you, but the chances of that is extremely slim. If he sees someone he's quick to greet with either a "hi" or a smile. The more people he meet, the happier he is.

Biography

Aryan has known of his powers his entire life. It began when he was a young child and his toys turned into different toys, depending on whatever it was that he wanted at the time. His parents explained it as "magic", like the same that Aryan could watch on TV where rabbits were pulled out of hats and people sawed in two. In the beginning he found it incredibly amazing how things changed at his fingertips, it didn't take long for the world to become a part of his toys. Everything could become what he wanted, with some troubles of controlling it and making exactly what he wanted. There were several times he had messed up a little bit, but through his failures and continued attempts he managed to gain somewhat control.

It was when he grew older that he realized what his powers were capable of. His powers weren't limited to only objects, but even other life forms could be formed. Plushies could become real animals, leaves turned into doves and rocks into cats. Aryan kept it to himself when it came to how far his powers could go, not wanting to be feared now that his powers didn't just change objects. It could change people into objects, in a way killing them. It was killing without taking a life in the same way a gun or knife could, but it was still ending a life. He never joked around with it - not even with himself - the only thing he did when it came to it was creating life out of nothing. He dared not to do it the other way around, in case he was unable to reverse it.

He was running late one day for school so he had just thrown his backpack over his shoulder and began running towards the building. It was an incredible bad idea to do so when he was living in such a crowded city, and just as he was running over the last road to get to his school he heard the honking of a car. He could never explain to himself why, but his body just froze on the spot. His eyes were staring into the headlights of the car - just like a deer would - however he didn't get hit. When the car was only a few inches in front of him the entire car dissolved into flower petals, including the person that had been driving. The road was filled with red flower petals before the wind blew them all away, and the only thing Aryan managed to do was run.

This incident keeps haunting Aryan's mind. Especially knowing that he can do it again, so he was soon filled with nightmares of himself doing the same to those he loves. The nightmares would be different every time, but they were more than enough to keep him up at night, and the panicked state he would then find himself in ended up in his room becoming quite the mess. His bed would turn into snow, the carpet grass and the nightstand birds. He ended up locking the doors in the night, in case it happened again. Because of how scared he was, his powers became uncontrollable whenever it In order for his ability to work he needs to be close to it, so he just cut off all close contact with other people, keeping friends at an arm's distance.

In the mornings he'd always manage to make everything normal again, but he realized he couldn't keep living like that. Though one day he stumbled upon Elswood on a website - despite the very limited information - it sounded like the ideal place for him. He managed to convince his parents to let him go, and after that most of his memories are blurry. Aryan doesn't remember how he got there, or where it was, but he remembers having a small party with his parents before leaving, but that was about it.

[fieldbox=♦, #07dbe5] Pop Quiz
  1. That guy is a total sleepwalker! In the beginning I thought he was just asleep, but he's been gone for so long he's definitely a sleepwalker! The bedroom has become a fridge as he's completely iced in there.
  2. False. They can only be used to communicate with other Elswood students, and if any devices are misused it will not go unpunished.
  3. "This here~ <3"
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox=♦, #07dbe5] Other
Theme Song

Dorm Preference

Because of his power and how it tends to go a little bit crazy sometimes - mainly only when he is having nightmares which are irregular happenings - he wishes to have his own room so that if worst comes to worst, he only has to fear the bed changing and not a person.
Schedule

Core classes
  • English
  • American Literature
  • Literary Analysis & Composition
  • World Cultures
  • World History
  • Current World Events
  • Pre-Algebra
  • Calculus I & II
  • Global Economics
  • Biology
  • Earth science
  • Chemistry
Other Electives
  • Korean
  • Japanese
  • Archery
  • Martial Arts
Skill Classes
  • Mastering The Four Elements
  • Advanced Shapeshifting
Extra-Curriculars
  • Digital Newspaper
  • Art Club
  • Track
  • Cheer/Spirit Squad
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:

"I don't have anything to hide, but I don't have anything I'd like to show you, either."

uwhBF66.png

Full Name :: Marina Peretz

Alias(es) :: Rina

Gender & Preferred Pronouns :: Female; she/her

Face-claim :: Odeya Rush

Date of Birth :: May 3

Sexuality :: Straight

Ability :: Sound Manipulation

Division :: Ventus

Year :: Freshman

Position :: Student

Hometown :: Rockville, MD

At first glance, Marina is reserved and quiet. She isn't exactly shy, but very wary of other people and afraid to let them in. She doesn't put herself forward in group conversations, much preferring to drift along the back wall and observe everyone else's goings-on. She doesn't make friends easily, either – she might even appear brusque or rude when you try to approach her or chat with her. This is just her protective shell, her attempts to prevent anyone from hurting her.

When Marina does speak up, she is very honest, often brutally so, favoring truth over tact. This also turns off many people. She is logical and rational, and very pragmatic. People who do manage to get to know her value her for her practical advice and unbiased mediation. Those with a dry sense of humor also enjoy her frank honesty's biting wit.

Marina is quite studious, and a little bit of a teacher's pet. She always wants to be the best in class, in any subject. She's very smart, but mostly her success is due to her hard work and great memory. Almost a photographic memory, she has an uncanny ability to tell you exactly where any object you may have lost is at that moment…

Despite the fact that she moved schools so often as a child (or perhaps because of it?), Marina finds it very hard to accept change or adapt to new situations or environments. She's pretty set in her routines, and likes things just the way she likes them. If her favorite cereal is sold out at the grocery store, she may just throw a hissy fit (not aloud, of course – just quietly fuming to herself). And don't even think of rearranging the stuff on her desk or in her closet. She will stab you with a pencil.

Marina's family are Russian Jews, who immigrated to the U.S. when the Soviet Union fell. She was born and grew up in Rockville, Maryland, an area with a large Russian community, so she kept in touch with her heritage. Her mother is a grade-school teacher and her father is an accountant. She has two younger siblings, a brother and a sister. They didn't exactly struggle growing up, but things were never easy. Luckily, their Russian community and their synagogue were always supportive. Their parents' friends and neighbors really believed in that whole 'it takes a village' thing.

Marina's powers first started to show when she was a toddler, screaming and throwing temper tantrums. Sometimes she screamed so loud things would fly across the room. At first her parents tried to excuse it, tried to believe it was the child herself throwing objects, but eventually they had to accept the truth. Marina was another one of them. Marina's grandfather had been the same. Weird things always happened around him, until their entire town back in Russia shunned him and their family. They'd had to move around all the time as kids because of his freakishness. Marina's mother was devastated when she realized her child would be the same way. She wept for a week on end. Dad tried to convince her it would be alright, that they could hide it, that life in America would be different, but she didn't believe him.

Every time Marina had an 'episode' at school, her mother plucked her out and moved her to a new school. By the time she finished high school she had attended almost every school in the greater DC area. It was fortunate there were so many there…

Because she moved schools so much, Marina never really had many close friends. Uncomfortably aware of her own weirdness, she always had a hard time letting other people in. Some called her shy, others said she was a loner. Occasionally she even heard the dreaded whisper 'freak'. It bit her to her soul to feel so ostracized, even if it was largely by her own devices. She grew hardened, developing an impenetrable shell around herself to protect her from the insults, and from feeling anything at all.

None yet

"I mean, I was iced when I first arrived, but I'm sure they'll never put me in the Fridge again… and I may as well die if they send me to the Cradle! What's the point of living as a sleepwalker?"

False

Elswood-issued cell phones

"Tell us about yourself and why you're here, Marina?"
Marina looked around, her eyes scrunched in confusion. "I-what? I don't know, how could I know? I just woke up here… You tell me why I'm here." She rubbed her temple, flashing a suspicious look at the inquisitor. "I just went to bed last night at home, and woke up here. Is this some kind of weird reality TV show? 'Cause I don't like it, and I don't want to be on TV." Leaning back in her chair with one leg thrust out before her, she crossed her arms over her chest and gave the person back stare for stare, waiting for an explanation.

"Oh, this is a school, is it?" she said, rolling her eyes. "Well…" she looked around at her surroundings. High-tech, pretty scenery, modern furnishings… there could be worse places to randomly wake up. "Seems pretty nice, I suppose. I've been to a fair few schools, and I guess this is the nicest one I've seen." She just hoped the teachers were good. Her last school had had complete morons for faculty – even she knew more about their subjects than they did.

"Uh, no?" Was this person asking if she had ever been arrested? "Of course not... I mean, I got detention once, but that was just because the stupid teacher was saying something wrong and I dared to correct her." Her eyes rolled just thinking of the incident. Seriously, that teacher had been a waste of breath. Marina hated to waste her time. There was too much out there to learn for her to spend a whole class listening to someone who didn't know what she was talking about.

Literary analysis & composition
American literature
British & world literature
-
World history
World cultures
Current world events
-
Global economics
Geometry
Calculus I & II
-
Earth science
Chemistry
Physics
-
Japanese
Latin
-
Creative Writing
Archery
-
Better, Faster, Stronger
Mastering the Four Elements
-
Digital Newspaper
Academic Decathlon
-
Field Hockey
Track

#6a9eba

DON'T TRY TO DENY IT YOU CANNOT HIDE IT I'LL BE IGNITED WHEN I GET TO WATCH YOU BURN

zCFftpo.png

tumblr_inline_ntp29w55T11rrnwcn_500.gif

DERRICK . KIM

zCFftpo.png

YOUR TIME HAS COME NOW IT'S YOUR TURN I'LL WATCH YOU BURN
( BASIC . INFO )
Y65Il0w.png

[ Full Name ] Derrick Kim
[ Gender ] Male ; prefers he/him
[ Face-claim ] Kwon Ji-Yong
[ Date of Birth ] July 31
[
Age ] 19
[
Sexuality] Homosexual
[
Ability ] Pyrokinesis
[
Division ] Ignis
[
Year ] Freshman
[
Position ] Student
[
Hometown ] Washington, D.C.

4YLEiYY.png

I wanna watch you burn !

tumblr_mysudcNnFQ1rk835go7_500.gif
( PERSONALITY )
Y65Il0w.png

[ Sarcastic ]
Anything that comes out of Derrick's mouth should be taken with a grain of salt. He uses his purposely flippant, smart ass responses to confuse and some infuriate those around him. It's something of a game: how much bullshit can he spew before people start to think he isn't actually being serious?

[ Short-fused ] Watch out. Derrick's temper goes from 0 to 100 and fast. God help the people that get in his way once you've pissed him off. Once his fuse is lit, he has to burn himself out and the end results usually aren't pretty.

[ Opinionated ] Keeping thoughts to himself isn't one of Derrick's strong suits. He's not afraid to speak his mind about anything, even if he knows it could get him into trouble.

[ Deceptive ] It's easy for Derrick to present lies as fact, misleading others whenever it suits him.

[ Perceptive ] Understanding and figuring things out has always come naturally to Derrick. He's insightful, intelligent, and usually can pick up on things that others might miss.

[ Disrespectful ] Borderline rude, Derrick doesn't let someone's status dictate whether or not he's polite to them. Respect must be earned, no exceptions. Just because someone is wealthy or thinks themself powerful doesn't mean that Derrick will grovel before them, in fact it's usually quite the opposite.

[ Cowardly ] If faced with a problem or a situation that he doesn't want to deal with, Derrick has no qualms about running and hiding from it, refusing to face it.

4YLEiYY.png

you're gonna get what you deserve !

g.png
( BIOGRAPHY )
Y65Il0w.png

As a young child, Derrick was always fascinated with fire. Neither of his parents were gifted and they never told him about his maternal grandmother, who had been able to manipulate currents, so when his powered manifested at the age of twelve, Derrick thought he was a freak. He embraced that archetype, priding himself in the fact that he was different, that he was powerful. The problem with being a firestarter was what the age old saying states: "play with fire and you're going to get burned".

Derrick never really got his powers under control, and his abilities seemed to fluctuate randomly. One day he might be able to conjure a palmful of flame with ease, and then the next he would barely get a puff of smoke. Unsurprisingly, his emotions functioned as part of a triggering device. They amplified his abilities when he was angry or sad or scared.

At first, Derrick just burned leaved in the woods behind his house, before moving onto books, papers, and eventually furniture and even abandoned buildings. It was a rush like no other. If people thought he was a freak, he'd show them exactly how scared they should be of a freak.

The catalyst to his arrival at Elswood was a confrontation with his parents. They wanted him to get help, thought he was a danger to himself and others. Derrick had laughed in their faces. He thought they were jealous, jealous of his abilities and maybe even a little bit scared of him.

He burned their house down.

That's really the last Derrick remembered; standing in the circle of fire in the center of his own living room, plaster falling down around him and the smoke curling in his nostrils as the flames licked at his skin.

Then he woke up, as all freshman at Elswood do, in a blank room with a heavy body prone on a bed that wasn't his own.

4YLEiYY.png

I wanna watch you burn !

tumblr_m7n3m0WORM1rpioa6o1_500.gif
( MISCELLANEOUS )
Y65Il0w.png

[ Interview ]
"Tell us about yourself and why you're here, Derrick."

Cat-like eyes peered through the slits of heavy dark lashes. Derrick shifted once, chair creaking underneath of him until he'd adjusted. "I'm sorry," he drawled, tone of voice conveying anything but an apology. "But I think I'm the one entitled to ask a few questions. Like, who the fuck are you? Why the fuck am I here?" His gaze was heavy on the interviewer, tongue flicking out once to wet at his bottom lip, leaving the chapped skin there wet and shining with saliva. "Fine. I'll play your game. I'm Derrick Kim, firestarter, and I'm probably here because of the whole house thing."

"Interesting. What's your attitude towards our school?"

A sharp bark of laughter burst from Derrick's mouth. "A school, huh?" Chuckling softly, he leaned back in the chair languidly, folding his arms comfortably over his chest. "You gonna fix me? Make it so that I can't hurt people anymore? What is this? Some kind of pseudo-X-Men shit?"

At this question, Derrick's lips curled into something that might have been a smile if not for the darkness in his eyes. "I got 'issues' with anyone who thinks they can tell me what to do, yea."

[ Pop Quiz ]

[ Write a sentence or two using the Elswood slang ]
Whatever you do, don't get heated enough that the Elements ice you, unless you wanna be asleep until they think you're cooled off enough to come out of the fridge.

[ Elswood's devices can be easily hacked by those with abilities related to electronics? ]
False.

[ What is used to enter the dorms? ]
The student's phone/electronic device.

[ Schedule ]
English
Literary Analysis and Composition
American Literature
World History
World Cultures
Current World Events

Global Economics
Algebra 1 & 2
Geometry
Earth Science
Biology Chemistry
Chinese
Korean
Martial Arts
Archery

Mastering the Four Elements
Better, Faster, Stronger

Debate Team
Art Club
Lacrosse
Soccer

4YLEiYY.png

you're gonna get what you deserve !

Jelani.png
#1aff8c
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_3rn4aljyhke8844ck4ksgkc4o_640.jpg
THE CHARMING PLAYBOY WITH A HEART OF GOLD
[fieldbox=, #1aff8c, solid]

01. GENERAL

FULL NAME
Jelani Simba Buhari
jeh-LAHN-ee (Means "Full of strength" in African/Swahili)
SIM-bah (Means "Lion" in African/Swahili)
boo-HAH-ree (Means "Original" in African/Swahili)

NICKNAME(S)
Je (G), Playboy, African Prince, Italian Prince, Lion, Prince

GENDER & PREFERRED PRONOUNS
Male
He, Him, His

FACE-CLAIM
Keith Powers

DOB
June 15th, 1996

SEXUALITY
Bisexual

02. APPEARANCE

HAIR
Cut short, black and wavy.

EYES
Dark Brown & Stunning

HEIGHT
6'3"

WEIGHT
217 lbs.

BODY BUILD
Jelani is a very active and tough guy, he loves to exercise and keep fit. He's not the typical guy's guy but he does tend to exercise a lot and he can keep up with most gym rats. He loves to keep his body nice and right, slim but not skinny and muscly but not bulky. He prides himself on his body and doesn't have any issue with showing it off if someone asks... and sometimes he just shows it off just to show it off.

MARKS/PIERCINGS
The Yin/Yang Symbol in the middle of his Shoulder Blades.
A Tattoo of a Lion on his Heart (Chest Area).
The word "Mafanikio" (Success in Swahili) going down his right bicep.
Ear Piercings.

03. IMPORTANT INFO

ABILITY
AURA

DIVISION
TERRA

YEAR
Freshman

POSITION
Student

HOMETOWN
Born In: Nairobi, Kenya
Raised In: Rome, Italy

04. PERSONAL

PERSONALITY
Jelani is definitely the type that starts the party even when there isn't a party to be started. He loves attention and everyone knows he does within just a few hours of being around the energetic and friendly male. He loves making new friends and doesn't mind being the guy that starts the conversation, he rarely has a moment where he isn't talking someone's head off. He has a charming and flirtatious nature that comes out as often as his friendly and loud nature. He loves to flirt with guys and girls, not caring if they're straight or gay or whatever, his flirting is usually harmless, you'll know when he's flirting with you for real... you'll definitely know. He has a very sweet and gentle presence that can command a room but not by force, it's more like he just exudes confidence and leadership without trying to demand the room's obedience.

Jelani can be a bit too much for some people, he does have a personality that will either have you loving him or wanting to knock him out in a few seconds. He laughs at probably everything, while others don't get why he's always laughing. He's an optimistic guy and he tries to leave the drama for someone else and would rather walk away from a bad situation than stay and make it worst. He's positive about most things and would rather look for the good in everything and everyone instead of watching the bad around him.

Jelani can be a bit cocky and competitive and he doesn't like to lose at anything, if he's challenged in any sort of thing, he'll try to win at all costs. He is definitely the worst loser there ever was, he'll get upset for the rest of the day and nothing someone says to him will get him out of that mood. The only time he isn't positive and friendly is win he's losing or lost at any competition. If you want a great competitor then Jelani is the guy for you, just prepare to have a challenge like no other.

That competitive nature comes in handy when Jelani has a project or something important to do. He is a determined person and once he puts his mind to something, there is no one or nothing that can distract him from accomplishing his goal. He can easily become too involved with something if he really likes the idea or really wants to boost his ego by doing it or making it better than anyone before him. He's prideful about his accomplishments and his work and will always try his best at anything he puts his mind to.

Jelani has a bit of a sarcastic asshole side that comes out when he gets annoyed and doesn't care about controlling his emotions and staying calm. Him being sarcastic is as far as his anger has ever gone, so far that is. He loves to crack jokes on people and will answer a stupid question with a smartass answer. He's only a jerk to people that deserve it, if you're going to act like you have no home training then that's how he'll treat you.

When he's not flirting with someone or flaunting his skills, Jelani will usually be alone, taking a moment to relax his mind and maybe meditate for a few minutes. This part of him is more like his father than any other part of his personality. He can be mature, when he isn't trying to be the class clown, and he's highly intelligent... it's just overshadowed by his goofiness and flirtatious ways. Through all the cockiness there is a heart of gold and a kind soul that will always be there for his friends. No matter what happens, you'll always know that Jelani will have your back in the end.

BIOGRAPHY
Born in Nairobi, Kenya to two beautiful and loving parents, the only child, Jelani Simba Buhari was and still is his parents pride and joy. His parents spoiled him from the first time he was able to open his eyes and see the world around him. He had a good life in Africa, his father was a well respected Business Man and his mother would take care of their home and Jelani and she never left his side when he was little, she would have him on her back at all times, no matter where she went he would be right with her. His father worked a lot so sadly, Jelani barely got to spend quality father and son time with him in his younger years and became a bit emotionally distant from his father. At the age of three is when he started to show signs of having the ability the males of his father's side of the family all have. Jelani's body would glow all the colors of the rainbow when he would sleep, that was him at his most peaceful state and that's when his Aura Manipulation started to show itself the strongest.

He was too young at the time to know how special he really was...

Around this time is when his father's got transferred to Rome, Italy for a better and more beneficial position in the Company he worked for. It was a good thing that Jelani's father got the position opportunity when Jelani was still too young to go to school, he would go to school for the majority of his younger years in the Italian Educational System. He made a lot of friends rather quickly in his middle school years and didn't have too many issues with learning Italian since that was the main language he grew up listening to, that, Swahili and some English. Jelani was into a lot of sports and other extra-curricular activities in his middle school and high school, he was on the Football Team and he loved it.

The more he grew, the more his ability started to show. When he was stressed and felt annoyed his Aura would effect people around him, making them feel stressed and annoyed. One time, he wanted to show off his ability to a few friends, so he channeled his Aura and used his Red Aura (Physical) and punched a basketball sized hole in his High School Gym's wall, he, of course, got in trouble and his parents had to do damage control and figure out some plausible lie to smooth everything over with the school and the kids.

Now that Jelani is Nineteen and out of High School, his parents have been talking to him about some school called... Elswood? Apparently, his father had gone to the school to hone his ability and Jelani would have to go there... it wasn't a choice, it was an order. He didn't know what his father was talking about but he didn't have anytime to ask him anymore questions, the last thing he heard both of his parents say was, "This is for the Best," and then everything went black...

CONNECTIONS
T.B.A.

05. SCHOOL INFO

POP QUIZ
1st. Q: Write a sentence or two using a few of Elswood's slang words.
A: Only idiots get HEATED over the dumbest things and that's why they're the ones that get ICED all the time.

THE ELEMENTS seem pretty cool, as long as you don't get them mad enough to send you into THE CRADLE!

Is it true that SLEEPWALKERS are like that forever? I will never get HEATED enough for that to happen to me, I'd rather go into THE FRIDGE than become a SLEEPER or SLEEPWALKER.

2nd. Q: True or False: Elswood's devices can easily be hacked or manipulated by those with abilities related to electronics and used to communicate with the outside world.
A: False, Yeah Right!

3rd. Q: What do students use to enter their dorm rooms?
A: ElsTech Devices

QUESTIONS
1st. "Tell us about yourself and why you're here, Jelani Buhari?"
Jelani moves in his chair, trying to get comfortable and less formal. "You can just call me Jelani." Smiling at the Interviewer. "Can you tell me where am I? And why I can't remember how I got here?" Knowing he wasn't going to get the answers he was looking for, he just folded his arms over his chest and kept smiling. Fine... I was born in Kenya and I was raised in Italy. OH! I was the Captain of my High School Football team, I know, cool right?" Giving a small laugh, he then looked at the floor and back at the Interviewer. "I have no idea why I'm here, shouldn't you know that?"

2. "Interesting, what's your attitude towards our school?"
"... Hello! I just got here, I have no attitude towards this place other than feeling uncomfortable around you."
Giving a heavy sigh, trying to stay calm. "I apologize for that but the only reason I am here, I think, is because my Baba went here or something." Looking around the room. "This place is really nice though... I'll give it a shot, I guess, just for Baba and Maitũ."

3. "Have you had any issues with authority figures in the past?"
Jelani starts to laugh uncontrollably. "Ha! No, not at all, I have NEVER had ANY issues with authority." The sarcasm could be heard in every word that came out of his mouth. "Are we done now? I would love to ask you some questions, come on... please?"

CORE CLASSES
|| Literary Analysis & Composition || British & World Literature || English Second Language ||
||
World History || World Cultures || Current World Events ||
||
Global Economics || Geometry || Pre-Algebra ||
||
Chemistry || Earth Science || Physics ||

ELECTIVES
|| Latin || French ||
||
The History of Special Abilities || Martial Arts ||

SKILL CLASSES
|| Communication: From Astral to Zoological || Advanced Mental Manipulation ||

EXTRA-CURRICULARS
|| Art Club || Drama Club ||
||
Cheer/Spirit Squad || Lacrosse ||

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:

(19 - 22)

(1 Para +)

(2 Para +)

(+ Description)

• True or False: Elswood's devices can easily be hacked or manipulated by those with abilities related to electronics and used to communicate with the outside world.

(19 - 22)

(1 Para +)

(2 Para +)

(+ Description)

(19 - 22)

(1 Para +)

(2 Para +)

(+ Description)

Status
Not open for further replies.