Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.

Elle's Partner Search

YOUR PART

My Expectations ||​

• Please... no disappearing without telling me. I get that real life happens - it takes precedent, certainly over the internet, but nothing chafes more than a partner just vanishing on me, without so much as a PM. I also understand sometimes a muse isn't working out - but before you go and give up, let me know what you're feeling. Maybe it's something we can work through, and if not... at least I'm aware and not waiting for you to post when you probably never will.

• No one liners. Effort means giving me something to respond to. I write -alot-! Generally at least three paragraphs a post - while I understand that this won't likely be the norm in a 1x1, I do ask that you at least try to come up with two paragraphs, minimum. Descriptions make a story flow - they make it real and visual, and fun. That said, I also prefer posts that aren't filled with endless reams of purple-prose nonsense. I can't respond to you if I don't have anything to react to.

• No Erotic Content: Just not something I'm interested in. If romance happens, it happens organically and without force, but anything beyond smoochin' will be FADE TO BLACK.

• Proof-reading is a MUST. At the very least, I expect spell checking. I don't expect perfection - I make errors, too. But blatantly ignoring obvious issues is gonna grate. This goes for consistency, as well.

• In a partner, I'm looking for a co-writer... CO as in cooperative. This is not Driving Miss Daisy, and while I look adorable in a chauffeur cap, I am not here to dictate a story while you write. I want us to work together to build a plot... that means communication and planning. I'm creative, but in the end spoon feeding someone a story is just not as much fun. This means creating not just a character, but a universe -- Scenes, NPCs, locations, situations... Posts should be both about reacting and reaction.

• Character Sheets: I do ask that a sheet to be filled out - very basic, with an image and some minor details. I request only live models for images (no animation/drawings/anime/artwork), as this helps me to get inspired - I simply cannot connect with a drawing, emotionally - and emotion is a big part of what makes writing so fantastic. If you cannot find an image, I will gladly assist you. The sheet is for reference and to maintain consistency, and I will be filling one out as well.
MY PART

What You Can Expect ||​

• Storylines with a definitive beginning, middle and end. True -stories- ... that take characters on an adventure, where they can develop and grow.

• More than schmoopy romantic crap. Romance is great. I love love... I'm a wife and mother, so I'm all about that gooey, cloying schmaltz that makes us all warm and fuzzy inside. But romance does not an RP make. There will be PLOTS first, and romance will simply be sugar in the coffee. Does this mean that romance won't factor at all? No. I think it adds a lot to a tale and gives characters another element to grow in. But it will not be the end-all/beat-all horizon of the story. I will strive to make every roleplay a well-rounded adventure, regardless of what the pairings may be.

• Strictly speaking... Well-written work. I will not put out a post that I am not proud of. It may take me longer to get one done, but know that when you do get a post from me, it will be my best writing. I typically write in a third-person, past-tense perspective, though I will occasionally work with present-tense should you desire. First-person, however fun it may be to write, does not work so well with cooperative storylines, so I ask that this be avoided.

• A timely delivery. While I cannot promise tens of thousands of posts a day, I will do my utter best, crisis-barring, to write at least ONCE or TWICE a week. More often than not, I write much more than that (often once or twice a day), but I am a mother of a rather festive toddler and a precious, precocious baby girl, and there are occasions when I cannot get online as much. Also, I do not typically roleplay (except on rare occasions) over the weekend or after six at night, as this is time for me to spend with my husband/family.

• Gosh darn Prettiness: Silly as it may sound, I LOVE working with bbcode almost as much as writing -- I will prettify whatever I can, and I try to make my posts visually interesting, as well as well-written.

STORYLINES & IDEAS ||​

These are the storylines I'm looking to introduce. Nothing is set in stone, and I will be adding more as time goes on and storylines are completed, so if nothing jumps out at you, be sure to come back later and check out the list. The character -I'm- looking to play will be the character in bold. All my pairings will be FxM.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask here, or PM me. The rating system indicates which storylines hold the most interest for me. This does not mean that storylines with a lower rating will receive any less attention or dedication, some just have a special place in my heart.

Tm7CtlK.jpg
WARPED​

Wife x Husband
Genre: Suspense/Mystery​

A woman returns home to her husband after suffering a head injury on a business trip. A few days later, she begins to experience a strange phenomenon where upon waking, her mind is overtaken by the memories of a stranger. Things go from bad to worse when the couple discovers that her injury might not have been an accident, at all.

★★★★☆​

R7r6xoD.jpg
PATRIOT GAMES​

Widow x Family Friend
Genre: Suspense/Drama​

When the widow of a fallen soldier begins to care for his best friend and comrade, injured in the firefight that cost her husband his life, the pair reforms a bond once forged in their youth. That bond, and much more, is tested when her husband suddenly returns, very much alive, but drastically different from the man they both knew and loved.

★★★★☆​

images
WHAT SHAPES US​

Preacher's Daughter x Delinquent
Genre: Slice of Life/Drama​

When a young boy is sentenced to community service, rebuilding a church he accidentally burnt down, he runs up against the feisty daughter of a Preacher, who seems determined at all costs to make him see the fault in his wayward behavior. It's not long before an odd and unexpected, but ultimatley seamless friendship is formed, a friendship soon tested by unexpected tragedy and a small town prejudice.

★★☆☆☆​

CmOfp1o.jpg
CAT & MOUSE​

Thief x FBI Agent
Genre: Suspense/Action​

An Agent's hunt for an elusive thief has nearly become an obsession, but when she turns herself in and makes a deal to become a Criminal Information, he suspects her motives may be less than genuine. But as he delves further into his investigation he discovers it might not be her motives that are suspect... but the people that he works with...

★★★★☆​

uaadYaU.jpg
WHAT'S LEFT OF ME​

Sailor x Young Woman

After a shipwreck leaves him with no recollection of who he is, a young man begins a cross country hunt for the one memory he has left, a girl in a faded photograph, and an addressed, scribbled on the back. Along the way, he is aided by the young woman who rescued him, a woman with a past she'd rather forget.

★★☆☆☆​

HeXRHce.jpg
DERAILED​

Woman x Man

A train through the European countryside turns ugly when a body shows up - No one seems to remember who the victim is, or even seeing him, and his name doesn't show up on the travelers manifest, but one thing is apparent, someone wanted him dead... and the murderer is still on board. A murder who may not be finished...

★★★☆☆​

LdQvDBj.jpg
UNDER THE WILLOW​

Young woman x Officer

After several years away, a young woman returns to her small hometown after the death of her father. What she finds when she gets there is a world she hardly recognizes - and things go from bad to worse when she discovers her father's death might not have been an accident. Desperate to find answers, she turns to the one person who can help - a rookie cop... who happens to be her ex-husband.

PLOT TAKEN

Rvs0OW4.jpg
SPY VS...​

Spy x Young Man
Genre: Action/Espionage​

When a young man accidentally stumbles upon a dangerous secret, he becomes a target for a secret government agency. Tasked with eliminating this man, a cold, calculating spy finds herself in a predicament... a battle of ethics, upon discovering he's just an ordinary, average Joe, with no idea the trouble he's put himself in.

★★★★☆​

KZ09pKv.jpg
BENEATH THE SPOTLIGHTS​

Actress x Security Guard

A young up and coming actress runs into trouble when she realizes she's being stalked by an overzealous fan. Things go from bad to worse when, after hiring a security guard protect her, the letters become increasingly violent. As the threats escalates, people around her start showing up dead and all signs indicate that she might be next...

★★★★☆​

mN1J5Wb.jpg
MR. ROBOTO​

Young Man x Young Woman
Genre: Action/Sci-fi​

A man wakes up in a laboratory with no memory of who he is or how he got there. Escaping the facility, he goes on the run, but before he can get far, he's hit by a car. Before the owner of the vehicle can call for help, a van of government agents arrives, and the man comes to. The man cooperates, but when he overhears the agents discussing the need to eliminate the woman, he realizes fleeing is their only option.

★★★☆☆​

DoRMW9z.jpg
BARREN EARTH​

Young Woman x Young Man
Genre: Futuristic/Suspense/Dystopian​

It started because of overpopulation. First the lottery went out to determine which lucky citizens would be harvested for breeding. Then, with these select men and women kept in a secure bunker beneath the earth, the rest of the world was sterilized - and procreation outlawed, a crime worthy of death. It shouldn't have been an issue, except when it was discovered the sterilizing didn't work on everyone.

PLOT TAKEN

on4W6cK.jpg
TWO GRAVES​

Young Woman x Young Man
Genre: Futuristic/Suspense​

When her father was wrongfully imprisoned and killed behind bars, his daughter swore that she would do everything in her power to find a way to restore his good name and reek vengeance on those responsible. Her quest takes her to Southern California where she's set her sights on a young aristocratic playboy... the son of the man and woman largely responsible for her father's false conviction.

★★★★☆​

7C59W7l.jpg
IMPRESSIONABLE​

Young Woman x Investigator

Ten years ago, a young girl went missing in a small town. Her disappearance rocked the community, a catalyst that began a rapid descent into turmoil, embroiling the town in cover-ups, betrayal and even murder. A decade later, the girl returns suddenly, with no recollection as to what happened to her, to the ashes of a world she once knew, the only man she can trust an investigator who isn't entirely certain she's telling the truth.

★★★★★​
Code by Elle Joyner

Last edited:
Hello! ^-^ I'd love to do Patriot Games and I'm curious about Barren Earth if you're still looking for partners. I've actually been on this site for quite a while, I just made a new account, so don't let this newbie account fool you ^^;

Hello! ^-^ I'd love to do Patriot Games and I'm curious about Barren Earth if you're still looking for partners. I've actually been on this site for quite a while, I just made a new account, so don't let this newbie account fool you ^^;

Hey :) Would you mind PMing me the info about the new account? I'm curious why the change! And if you're able, I'd love to see a writing sample - just because we've never roleplayed together, before :) can be anything!

Your Cat & Mouse, Spy VS.., and Mr. Roboto all sound lovely if they're not all taken!

Your Cat & Mouse, Spy VS.., and Mr. Roboto all sound lovely if they're not all taken!

:) I'd be happy to discuss some details - Would you mind PMing me a writing sample, since we haven't RPed together, yet?

Under the Willow sounds pretty enticing. But since you already have one doing that with you, Two Graves would do nicely too if you are still seeking partners.

I'll send ya a sample too. XD

Elle's Partner Search

YOUR PART

My Expectations ||

• Please... no disappearing without telling me. I get that real life happens - it takes precedent, certainly over the internet, but nothing chafes more than a partner just vanishing on me, without so much as a PM. I also understand sometimes a muse isn't working out - but before you go and give up, let me know what you're feeling. Maybe it's something we can work through, and if not... at least I'm aware and not waiting for you to post when you probably never will.

• No one liners. Effort means giving me something to respond to. I write -alot-! Generally at least three paragraphs a post - while I understand that this won't likely be the norm in a 1x1, I do ask that you at least try to come up with two paragraphs, minimum. Descriptions make a story flow - they make it real and visual, and fun. That said, I also prefer posts that aren't filled with endless reams of purple-prose nonsense. I can't respond to you if I don't have anything to react to.

• No Erotic Content: Just not something I'm interested in. If romance happens, it happens organically and without force, but anything beyond smoochin' will be FADE TO BLACK.

• Proof-reading is a MUST. At the very least, I expect spell checking. I don't expect perfection - I make errors, too. But blatantly ignoring obvious issues is gonna grate. This goes for consistency, as well.

• In a partner, I'm looking for a co-writer... CO as in cooperative. This is not Driving Miss Daisy, and while I look adorable in a chauffeur cap, I am not here to dictate a story while you write. I want us to work together to build a plot... that means communication and planning. I'm creative, but in the end spoon feeding someone a story is just not as much fun. This means creating not just a character, but a universe -- Scenes, NPCs, locations, situations... Posts should be both about reacting and reaction.

• Character Sheets: I do ask that a sheet to be filled out - very basic, with an image and some minor details. I request only live models for images (no animation/drawings/anime/artwork), as this helps me to get inspired - I simply cannot connect with a drawing, emotionally - and emotion is a big part of what makes writing so fantastic. If you cannot find an image, I will gladly assist you. The sheet is for reference and to maintain consistency, and I will be filling one out as well.
MY PART

What You Can Expect ||

• Storylines with a definitive beginning, middle and end. True -stories- ... that take characters on an adventure, where they can develop and grow.

• More than schmoopy romantic crap. Romance is great. I love love... I'm a wife and mother, so I'm all about that gooey, cloying schmaltz that makes us all warm and fuzzy inside. But romance does not an RP make. There will be PLOTS first, and romance will simply be sugar in the coffee. Does this mean that romance won't factor at all? No. I think it adds a lot to a tale and gives characters another element to grow in. But it will not be the end-all/beat-all horizon of the story. I will strive to make every roleplay a well-rounded adventure, regardless of what the pairings may be.

• Strictly speaking... Well-written work. I will not put out a post that I am not proud of. It may take me longer to get one done, but know that when you do get a post from me, it will be my best writing. I typically write in a third-person, past-tense perspective, though I will occasionally work with present-tense should you desire. First-person, however fun it may be to write, does not work so well with cooperative storylines, so I ask that this be avoided.

• A timely delivery. While I cannot promise tens of thousands of posts a day, I will do my utter best, crisis-barring, to write at least ONCE or TWICE a week. More often than not, I write much more than that (often once or twice a day), but I am a mother of a rather festive toddler and a precious, precocious baby girl, and there are occasions when I cannot get online as much. Also, I do not typically roleplay (except on rare occasions) over the weekend or after six at night, as this is time for me to spend with my husband/family.

• Gosh darn Prettiness: Silly as it may sound, I LOVE working with bbcode almost as much as writing -- I will prettify whatever I can, and I try to make my posts visually interesting, as well as well-written.

STORYLINES & IDEAS ||

These are the storylines I'm looking to introduce. Nothing is set in stone, and I will be adding more as time goes on and storylines are completed, so if nothing jumps out at you, be sure to come back later and check out the list. The character -I'm- looking to play will be the character in bold. All my pairings will be FxM.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask here, or PM me. The rating system indicates which storylines hold the most interest for me. This does not mean that storylines with a lower rating will receive any less attention or dedication, some just have a special place in my heart.

Tm7CtlK.jpg

WARPED

Wife x Husband

A woman returns home to her husband after suffering a head injury on a business trip. A few days later, she begins to experience a strange phenomenon where upon waking, her mind is overtaken by the memories of a stranger. Things go from bad to worse when the couple discovers that her injury might not have been an accident, at all.

★★★★☆​

R7r6xoD.jpg

PATRIOT GAMES

Widow x Family Friend
Genre: Suspense/Drama​

When the widow of a fallen soldier begins to care for his best friend and comrade, injured in the firefight that cost her husband his life, the pair reforms a bond once forged in their youth. That bond, and much more, is tested when her husband suddenly returns, very much alive, but drastically different from the man they both knew and loved.

★★★★☆​

images

WHAT SHAPES US

Preacher's Daughter x Delinquent
Genre: Slice of Life/Drama​

When a young boy is sentenced to community service, rebuilding a church he accidentally burnt down, he runs up against the feisty daughter of a Preacher, who seems determined at all costs to make him see the fault in his wayward behavior. It's not long before an odd and unexpected, but ultimatley seamless friendship is formed, a friendship soon tested by unexpected tragedy and a small town prejudice.

★★☆☆☆​

CmOfp1o.jpg

CAT & MOUSE

Thief x FBI Agent

An Agent's hunt for an elusive thief has nearly become an obsession, but when she turns herself in and makes a deal to become a Criminal Information, he suspects her motives may be less than genuine. But as he delves further into his investigation he discovers it might not be her motives that are suspect... but the people that he works with...

★★★★☆​

uaadYaU.jpg

WHAT'S LEFT OF ME

Sailor x Young Woman

After a shipwreck leaves him with no recollection of who he is, a young man begins a cross country hunt for the one memory he has left, a girl in a faded photograph, and an addressed, scribbled on the back. Along the way, he is aided by the young woman who rescued him, a woman with a past she'd rather forget.

★★☆☆☆​

HeXRHce.jpg

DERAILED

Woman x Man

A train through the European countryside turns ugly when a body shows up - No one seems to remember who the victim is, or even seeing him, and his name doesn't show up on the travelers manifest, but one thing is apparent, someone wanted him dead... and the murderer is still on board. A murder who may not be finished...

★★★☆☆​

LdQvDBj.jpg

UNDER THE WILLOW

Young woman x Officer

After several years away, a young woman returns to her small hometown after the death of her father. What she finds when she gets there is a world she hardly recognizes - and things go from bad to worse when she discovers her father's death might not have been an accident. Desperate to find answers, she turns to the one person who can help - a rookie cop... who happens to be her ex-husband.

★★★★★​

Rvs0OW4.jpg

SPY VS...

Spy x Young Man
Genre: Action/Espionage​

When a young man accidentally stumbles upon a dangerous secret, he becomes a target for a secret government agency. Tasked with eliminating this man, a cold, calculating spy finds herself in a predicament... a battle of ethics, upon discovering he's just an ordinary, average Joe, with no idea the trouble he's put himself in.

★★★★☆​

KZ09pKv.jpg

BENEATH THE SPOTLIGHTS

Actress x Security Guard

A young up and coming actress runs into trouble when she realizes she's being stalked by an overzealous fan. Things go from bad to worse when, after hiring a security guard protect her, the letters become increasingly violent. As the threats escalates, people around her start showing up dead and all signs indicate that she might be next...

★★★★☆​

mN1J5Wb.jpg

MR. ROBOTO

Young Man x Young Woman
Genre: Action/Sci-fi​

A man wakes up in a laboratory with no memory of who he is or how he got there. Escaping the facility, he goes on the run, but before he can get far, he's hit by a car. Before the owner of the vehicle can call for help, a van of government agents arrives, and the man comes to. The man cooperates, but when he overhears the agents discussing the need to eliminate the woman, he realizes fleeing is their only option.

★★★☆☆​

DoRMW9z.jpg

BARREN EARTH

Young Woman x Young Man
Genre: Futuristic/Suspense/Dystopian​

It started because of overpopulation. First the lottery went out to determine which lucky citizens would be harvested for breeding. Then, with these select men and women kept in a secure bunker beneath the earth, the rest of the world was sterilized - and procreation outlawed, a crime worthy of death. It shouldn't have been an issue, except when it was discovered the sterilizing didn't work on everyone.

★★★☆☆​

on4W6cK.jpg

TWO GRAVES

Young Woman x Young Man
Genre: Futuristic/Suspense​

When her father was wrongfully imprisoned and killed behind bars, his daughter swore that she would do everything in her power to find a way to restore his good name and reek vengeance on those responsible. Her quest takes her to Southern California where she's set her sights on a young aristocratic playboy... the son of the man and woman largely responsible for her father's false conviction.

★★★★☆​

7C59W7l.jpg

IMPRESSIONABLE

Young Woman x Investigator

Ten years ago, a young girl went missing in a small town. Her disappearance rocked the community, a catalyst that began a rapid descent into turmoil, embroiling the town in cover-ups, betrayal and even murder. A decade later, the girl returns suddenly, with no recollection as to what happened to her, to the ashes of a world she once knew, the only man she can trust an investigator who isn't entirely certain she's telling the truth.

★★★★★​
Code by Elle Joyner

Excellent thread :)

DERAILED or SPY VS...

@Edna @Vigilante Hey! If you don't mind, could you both please pm me a writing sample? :)

HELLO I GOT LOST ON THE WAY TO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND ALSO I HAVE NO SELF-CONTROL

ahem

if you wanna wanna play with me, I would enjoy IMPRESSIONABLE or BENEATH THE SPOTLIGHTS, whichever tickles your fancy at the moment 8D

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
If it's still open, I'd be interested in What Shapes Us or Spy vs...

If it's still open, I'd be interested in What Shapes Us or Spy vs...

I'm so sorry! I meant to mark this as closed for now :-P I have quite a few starting up and I wanna be able to give them all the proper attention :) I'll let you know if I decide to open back up!

I'm so sorry! I meant to mark this as closed for now :-P I have quite a few starting up and I wanna be able to give them all the proper attention :) I'll let you know if I decide to open back up!
No worries! Thanks for getting back :3

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Status
Not open for further replies.