Elite Magical Girl Academy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Semine playing Life. So she falls into the category of Light.

Hmm i was wondering that my self actually >.<
I kind of just ended up patching personality and power together ^^;;

Hmm i was wondering that my self actually >.<
I kind of just ended up patching personality and power together ^^;;
Like if anything she could be light since aegis healing and protection. That would be a good one.
Okay. I was just curious. If you want, you could call your element 'Aegis'. :o So clever hoohoo ^-^

(No, but seriously.)

Working on schedules right meow, and then I guess intro post will come sometime as well, but probably not today.

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Yeah something like that lol.

ReliefSuit.jpg
Photo taken after Katsuo got hired.
Name: Kaoru Kasane
Year: First
Alias: Newbie
Height: 4'10
Weight: 41 kg
Element: Knowledge
Extracurricular Activities: Music and Dance
Personality
Kaoru is pretty…normal for a 15 year old girl. Still the bubbly pre-teen she was a year or two back, this cheery girl errs on the naïve, innocent side of things. She does her best to stay positive, generous, and simply be a good person, even if those around her aren't quite as good. A bit air-headed at times, she nevertheless does her best at whatever challenges are presented before her, even when others see it as wasted effort. Her stubbornness and honesty are her charm points, and, if it's for the sake her friends and family, she would do anything and everything. Her view of the world is black and white, a girl that has a very solid moralistic foundation. With a positive attitude and a righteous mind, Kaoru is a perfect example of a magical girl.

But she's also selfish at times, and has a bad habit of being terrible at forgiving people when they DO manage to get on her bad side. She also really hates fighting and is terrible with disgusting things, such as insects or ugly people. So in the end, it could be said that Kaoru is probably a better example of just a little girl.

About the only thing that's abnormal about Kaoru is the fact that she absolutely loves learning about anything and everything, regardless of the subject.

Biography
Kaoru Kasane was the second illegitimate child that Kana Kasane birthed. Living in a family that composed of Katsuo Kasane, her hyper-reliable older brother, her mother, the perma-bachelorette, and whatever boyfriend-of-the-month was chilling in their apartment suite, Kaoru had an odd childhood, to say the least. Despite how dysfunctional and tragic it looked to outsiders, the Kasane family was never one that wanted for something. Her mother had always managed to pay the bills in the end, and her brother was always there to take care of her. She learned how to do chores at an early age, and was primarily shielded from the scarier-looking of Kana's boyfriends by her brother. Cooking became her forte, even though she never surpassed the happiness that was her older brother's katsudons, and Kaoru lived an average life.

Elementary school was easy and fun, having befriended a girl that would eventually become one of the most popular girls in that school. Her teachers had always noted how smart Kaoru was, and it was news that was well-received by both mother and brother. After all, despite all their social intelligence, both Katsuo and Kana weren't exactly the smartest apples in the bunch. There really wasn't anything that could get in her way, and she discovered early on that she really loved learning about things. On good terms with her classmates and teachers, there was never anything particularly tragic that befell her.

Then, her mother got pregnant the third time, and money became an issue.

It was something that she was not told, but simply knew. She simply knew that her mother planned to name her unborn son Kichirou, and that they were running low on money, and that Katsuo was going to drop out of high school in order to find a job, and that there were a whole bunch of financial issues that were hidden in the background. She wanted to help them, but at the same time, Kaoru was just a girl. Perhaps one that was loved by her school, but that was it. Her individual power was limited.

She didn't realize how abnormal it was to know such things, when no one in her family ever told her about those things. She didn't realize that until one day, a man in a suit spoke to her in the teacher's office, about her unique magical abilities and how she would be transferring to Elite Magical Girl Academy to hone her magic.

Kaoru accepted, with one condition: that her brother is offered an entry-level job in the organization the man worked in.

That condition was accepted.

Katsuo's salary was high enough that the financial troubles plaguing the family evaporated.

And with a light, cheery heart, Kaoru Kasane enrolled as a first year in this Academy, a Magical Girl that held the power of Knowledge.

Magical Girl Abilities

• None So Blind
    Magic that only works on Kaoru herself, None So Blind is deprives Kaoru of her sight and hearing, and instead feeds her sensory information in the form of extremely detailed textual descriptions, written in a third person point of view. Through this, she is capable of resisting practically all forms of illusions and mental inference magic, as well as gain knowledge of pretty much everything around her. Activation requires her to close her eyes and constantly chant the mantra of 'None so blind than those who will not see.'

Heart Disorientation
    Magic that only works on Kaoru herself, Heart Disorientation allows her to repress her emotions and sense of pain, temporarily making it so that she is incapable of feeling fear, anger, happiness, pain, disgust or anything that could cause her to have any sort of emotional biases in her decision-making. These are all just repressed things though, and after she undoes her spell, all the pain and emotion will come back to her.

Wilting
    Kaoru is able to substitute magical energy with memories instead, allowing her to cast spells without physically tiring. These memories are randomly selected, and are consumed at a much slower rate than mana. She can go further and substitute mana with knowledge, such as giving up her knowledge of airplane parts or whatnot, which acts as an even more efficient fuel than memories and magical energy.

Hand Over Heart
    A spell that grants knowledge, Hand Over Heart is a remarkably versatile ability, in that it can be used for practically anything. If eye contact is held and maintained for five seconds, Kaoru will be able to hear their thoughts. This effect will remain even after she breaks eye contact afterwards, all the way until she decides to cancel it. If physical contact is made and maintained for ten seconds, Kaoru will know of the exact dimensions and interior workings of the object that she holds in her hands. Though this wouldn't grant her knowledge of how a machine works, for example, she would know the number of pistons or gears are inside the machine, and what size they are. The same applies to humans, making it a very effective tool for searching for internal problems.

Despite these two useful effects, however, what makes Hand Over Heart powerful despite its classification as 'Minor' is this: upon being struck by an attack of any sort, Kaoru will 'learn' about it. If it's a punch, she would learn the exact movements that were taken in order to perform it. If it's a bullet, she'd learn of the angle in which it penetrated her body, as well as what sort of weapon it was that fired the bullet. And if it was a spell…while it varies depending on the complexity of the spell, she will be able to, through continuously being struck by those spells, learn exactly how they were cast, their limitations, their strengths, their elements, their mana costs, and how to perfectly counter it.

• Turn to Zero ; The Unquestioned Answerer
    In concept, it is a very simple spell. In practice, Turn to Zero is something that is possible only for Kaoru, and only if Hand Over Heart has completely analyzed the target of the spell. To put bluntly, it is a spell that can completely nullify any other spell, by creating the exact opposite of the enemy's spell and allowing the two forces to collide. A ball of fire will be doused by a ball of water. A barrier will be opened with a gateway. Even Major-class spells can be negated, though the mana cost will be equally heavy on both sides. The only thing Turn to Zero cannot negate are self-buff spells and spells that Kaoru does not have perfect knowledge of.

Though it is much harder to do, as physical attacks have fluctuating variables, it is possible for Turn to Zero to negate non-magical attacks as well.

Learnt For Naught ; The Sealing of the Taboo
    Capable of affecting a maximum of thirty people at once, if Kaoru didn't care for speed, Learnt For Naught allows her to temporarily seal the ability for someone to do something, whether it be the simple arithmetic to how to cast a certain spell. This seal lasts for an hour maximum, but will be erased immediately if someone else teaches them how to do what they have forgotten again. Thankfully, people generally don't go around asking others to teach them what they had forgotten, because they had forgotten that they forgot.

Definitely one of Kaoru's nastier abilities.

Costume: Thankfully, Kaoru isn't so innocent that she'd go around with an exposed chest while fighting baddies. Her default costume has been altered so that there are white bandages wrapped around that area. Currently, she has no weapon, making her a pure hand-to-hand fighter.
Theme Song

Last edited:
I approached this under the assumption that she just recently joined Elite, which is why she has no combat-orientated spells whatsoever.

That's going to be remedied, of course, but I just want to make her grow noticeably throughout the story, which is why she's so plebian atm.

She is terrible with ugly people rofl. Maybe Kaoru and Pandora could be friends both cheerleaders and brats rofl.

Okay. Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, because for Turn to Zero you say that if HoH has completely analyzed a target, she can perfectly counter it, but for HoH description you say if she is struck by an attack repeatedly she gains knowledge of how it works and learns how to counter. So, I have no issue with that, but I want it to be consistent with the description. If she has analyzed the skill enough using HoH, then she can counter it perfectly, which is reasonable. But, if Kasane hasn't had a certain ability used against her before but has used HoH on her target, she shouldn't be able to find a way to perfectly counter using Turn to Zero just because she's analyzed the target.

Basically, it's like...

She can only nullify that attack if she has been repeatedly hit by that specific spell before, enough times that she had the opportunity to analyse everything about it. It's easier to do for Minor-class spells or channelled spells, but they all require her getting hit by that spell for a good bit before she can counter it.

Basically, it's like...

She can only nullify that attack if she has been repeatedly hit by that specific spell before, enough times that she had the opportunity to analyse everything about it. It's easier to do for Minor-class spells or channelled spells, but they all require her getting hit by that spell for a good bit before she can counter it.
Okay. Then I approve of her. :)

Schedules are posted. If your club day overlaps, which I tried to check out everyone's cs but it's inevitable, just go to whichever club has the most people in it at the time.

@ERode Sometime within the next couple of days. Could be tomorrow, could be Saturday. Maybe tonight if I'm feeling up to it.

Are we still doing paired Dormitories?

Oh yeah, how are abilities learnt of the first place, if they just recently obtain their powers? I've noticed that all first years have a Major Ability or two. Does that mean that these spells are something that they instinctively learn? Or is it like...they are automatically aware of a few basic applications of their element when they first transform?

No. The school isn't a boarding school anymore. I posted that in the interest check when it went up.

Alright, That makes things much easier on everyones parts.

Oh yeah, how are abilities learnt of the first place, if they just recently obtain their powers? I've noticed that all first years have a Major Ability or two. Does that mean that these spells are something that they instinctively learn? Or is it like...they are automatically aware of a few basic applications of their element when they first transform?
They didn't just recently obtain their powers. When your characters became a magical girl is up to the creator. You learn said abilities both ways, some is instinctive and other is basic applications. Other abilities have to be unlocked, hence subplots. :3

Maybe if your character befriends another your character can find out how they discovered their abilities.

Empathy? Also, I'm making an adjustment to Yukiko's profile. Nothing major. Just specifying her school of dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.