Elements Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casper used a light spell making and orb of light floating above his head before waiting for the others to enter the ruins

Kay was extremely surprised at Casper's sudden use of magic.

"You are a mage too?" she almost shouted at Casper, wondering why he had not performed any magic earlier. Perhaps it was actually some piece of technology? Kay didn't know what to make of it.

Casper sighed "its a long story" he then began to walk into the ruin hoping the other would follow

Leading the way to the ruins, Corbin went inside to find those statues.
They looked like short people that had been turned to stone- some with knives in their stomach.

The water-holding cauldrons eminated a magical essence detectible by magic users...

Kay quickly turned, sensing a relatively strong magical presence. It was coming from some large cauldrons that appeared to only be holding water.

'That's not right,' Kay thought to herself. She wondered if she should notify the others of it. Perhaps she should test it out herself first, though she suddenly realized she didn't have a way of testing it without alerting everyone else that she was doing so.

"Everyone, wait, there is a presence emanating from those cauldrons over there," she pointed. "Water can be enchanted with a rather wide variety of spells, allow me to check it out first."

"Regurum Ignis!" Kay shouted as she unsheathed Thanatos, the thin rapier catching fire as wings materialized on her back. The wings of fire flew towards the cauldrons, diving into the water within them.

Reactions: Maddeline
The enchantment disappeared, dispersed by her magical offensive fire ward.
"Wait- what if those statues are dwarves?"
Corbin said, suddenly feeling bad.
"Those statues are their dead bodies- the magical properties and stone buildings certainly match"

Kay's expression twisted into a grimace. "That is what I feared earlier, but I was hoping it was not the case. However, the enchantment here has disappeared. I think for now we would benefit more from investigating these cauldrons than fearing the worst." Forcing herself to push the thought of the dwarf statues to the back of her mind, Kay stepped forward and began scanning the cauldrons.

"You're the Mage- study it." She said, turning a corner before letting out a gasp.
All the others could see was her back- and she was levitating off the ground by about a whole foot, and the shotgun hit the floor.

Casper took a step and a trap door opened beneath him and hi fell in landing on his feet he the realized it resembled an arena

Hearing something fall, Kay halted her investigation and whipped around to see her pilot friend floating in the air. By the looks of her struggling, it didn't seem to be on purpose, either.

"Ie permittum aerovi!" Kay shouted a counter spell to weak levitation magic.

As she was focused on Corbin, she failed to notice Casper falling until it was too late. "Ah, Casper!" she shouted after the falling masked hero.

casper whimpered " I'm OK for now" as a mechanical beast came out from an opening gate"why am i not surprised "

Corbin was cast aside, and a large man in shiny metallic armor and a ride stripe down his arm and on his helmet put a rifle to Kay's head.
"You. Insurgent. Where are we. Be quick- it looks like your friend is about to get in a fight and I'd hate to impede your progress in saving him"

casper quickly took out the beast but using a rock the jumped out of the hole he slowly turned around

Kay was caught by surprise. She considered attempting to spell cast, but while hostile, his questioning made her think perhaps he was just lost like they were. "We are in a ruins. I am sorry to say I do not know anything past that. Who are you?"

Casper watched he would be ready at any second he keep a close eye on the triggger

"I am Jerome. Spartan 092. I was engaged in a covenant riot when I fell out of slip space- which is interesting because the ships drives weren't engaged. I fell here from orbit. My leg is broken, but the mission comes first"
His leg armor concealed the broken calf bone, but he was still putting pressure on it and moving around- definitely not good for it.

"Your leg is broken?" Kay asked, an idea springing to mind. "Look, if you take this rifle away from my head, I will heal your foot. Deal?"

Questions about his past could wait for later. Right now, Kay wanted that rifle away from her head. It wasn't a very comfortable feeling.

He lowered his rifle, and Corbin started to stand up- reaching for her shotgun.

Kay sighed in relief. "Alright then, as promised..."

"Du fylla vita!" Kay used a healing spell on his leg, healing it fully. "Are we good, now?"

"No. I still need to know what planet I'm on and contact the UNSC"

Status
Not open for further replies.