Elements Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's fine, I just know were not on Earth..."

"It is strange with all kinds of different people here. I might be completely wrong in my assumption. Was your Earth very unlike this one?"

Reactions: Maddeline
"We don't know if it's from our earth- it just isn't natural in formation. It's very grey and green, which suggests abandonment. I wanted this job because someone has to do it" suddenly her eyes began to well up and she motioned at the technician.
"Go and ugh...talk to the pilots about a landing zone"
The technician disappeared as if he and been ushered away, and shut the cockpit door.
"I was orphaned when I was little- a village in the Myanmar jungles found me. My parents were European or American, but I was too traumatized to remember. Anyway, America and Russia got in a dispute over how to deal with the monsters and a nuclear missile fell out of orbit. We avoided war by the skin of our teeth, but the bomb was already primed- so they took it off course the best they could and it struck Myanmar. My home was gone, again. A relief force was sent, and I met my adopted father there- a Japanese soldier at the time. He trained me to be a pilot for years- and even organized the AMF. Before I was old enough to join, he sent me to a boarding school where I learned my third language in my life and met the love of my life. But, that fucking atomic bane-of-my-existence woke up without warning and destroyed more than half of Tokyo in the process. My school was flattened, and only three others beside myself survived. I've been on a revenge path ever since- and one day I will kill that sonuvabitch if it's the last thing I do. I've been compared to Captain Ahab- the only difference is, I sacrifice my soldiers to save civilians; not to fuel my vendetta. I've accepted the fact that no matter what I'll do, the king of monsters will just keep on keeping on. He feeds off of radiation- which includes the sun. He doesn't eat. He can drink salt water. You can't drown him. The best we've ever done was a direct hit with the absolute zero cannon" she paused, wiping a tear away. "Kiryu was able to amputate his left arm from the shoulder but he was still able to overpower our cyborg and then disappeared into the ocean. He grew his arm
Back less than a month and a half later like it was nothing. It's fucking insulting- you can't win. You can only endure"

"Oh, I'm so very sorry your life has been... unpleasant... I was born as an only-child in a small village over in Scotland- wait, you won't know where Scotland is, do you? Never mind, I never knew my mother, and was brought up by my father. Life was fine until the Weeping Angel attacked. The Doctor, a time-lord, saved us from them. He asked me to became his companion, to travel through time and space with him, but I fell through this portal and here I am now."

Reactions: Maddeline
"Actually Scotland did exist in my world. We actually saved it from a flying dinosaur thing. It was beat all to hell when we got there, but we eased it's suffering", Corbin said with a wicked smile.
"Kiryu hit it with the absolute zero cannon while it was doing a flying attack and it shattered on impact with the ground. Needless to say, pteranodon-potato stew was served for months there"

Kay understood Corbin's feelings of loss. She herself had lost all of her friends in battle, all because of her father's betrayal. "I am sorry for your losses," Kay said sincerely.

"I was born as a daughter of the Pope in the Roman Catholic church. I trained as a mage for my entire life until I was 18, when I was entrusted with Thanatos," she pointed at her rapier. "I was sent to battle with my fellow trainees, whom I'd grown up with. We were...destroyed. Only I survived. My father had set us up, we didn't have a chance. When I got back home, my father was nowhere to be found and the enemies had made their way into my home, searching for me. So I had to leave home, with no friends, and no family," Kay almost teared up, but restrained herself for her own dignity. "So...I guess we all know each other fairly well, now."

"From what I'm seeing, I have the resources from my army." She pointed at Layla, "you understand this concept of warping through time and space, which is invaluable to my scientists", she pointed to Kay "and you are familiar with this place or at least it's properties". She paused, slightly confused, "but I don't know about Casper- what he knows. Either way, we all have something to bring to the table for eachother. We have knowledge, experience and man power on our side- something that's never been an advantage for all of. Our survival is instrumental to how we function as a group"

"I agree," Kay nodded. "Though to expand our knowledge, a grimoire of some sort of this world's magic would be quite helpful. I would learn a plethora of spells and gain understanding of this world at the same time. Unless there is another objective we must reach, I believe finding a grimoire, a textbook of magic," Kay added as she realized the word grimoire might not exist without magic, "Would be a fine mission to take on. Especially with all of these things you call satellites, which seem quite capable of finding things."

Someone else knew Scotland? Is it possible that we existed in the same world? She mentioned America and Russia... Yes, there on Earth too.

"I'm sorry for your losses, Kay," Layla said after hearing Kay's story.

~

Layla listened to Corban, although she had no idea what she was talking about. All she picked up was herself understanding the concept of travelling through time and space, but this wasn't internally true. To be fair, the Doctor hadn't told her much, except he did it all the time and he used the Tardis, a type of time-travelling machine to do so.

Casper woke up and put out the fire as he walked out of the building and began training with his new crystal blood powers he tapped into his elemental powers using the crystal blood ability he unlocked a new very unstable form that he could use as a last resort if it every came to it he then picked up the Telecom and waited for Kay to pick up

Kay fumbled around with the telecom before finally figuring out how to answer it. "Hello, Casper? Are you alright?"

"yeah I'm fine send me your coordinates and ill be there soon" he then saw Godzilla about 5 miles away from him "please hurry"

"Define grimroar or whatever you said", Corbin said, whipping out her tablet PC to record what it was in her notes tab.
"I need you to tell me if it gives off an aura or signal or something. They are cheap, relatively speaking, but they can pick up energy and radiation signals very well"

The technician came back in the troop carrier section;
"Alright boys and girls. Good news, the buildings are all flat. Bad news is we don't know which ones are stable"
He opened the sides of the helicopter to reveal the city- the architecture was odd, not futuristic but more of a 1920s Chicago style- with metal and brick buildings competing for turf with vines and trees.
"It's been abandoned for a while...but we have to stop here. Land on the courthouse looking building"
The pilot chimed in, "it's a spherical dome..."
"Not if you land to the left or right of the spherical done. You know, the flat parts?"

The helicopter began to set down, and a barrage of others did the same or landed on the concrete paved streets.
The sounds of birds chirping and crickets dominated the air.
"Let's build a fire on a rooftop- we don't know what lives here at night"

"A grimoire is a textbook of magic. It contains an abundance of magical knowledge, such as how to cast spells and how to manipulate your magical energy. Sometimes they contain Familiars you can try to control as well. They give off waves of magical energy, if you can detect that."

As they began to land, Kay said into the telecom "Give me a second, please. I will get the coordinates from Corbin." Kay passed the telecom to Corbin. "Casper wishes to know our coordinates so he can meet up with us."

Layla listened to what the other people were saying and watched what they were doing. She had pretty much no idea what was going on. Still, she tried her best to work things out, whether she understood or not.

just at that moment he was face to face with the beast as it took a swing he was able to dodge "how are those coordinates coming along " he hit Godzilla with a fire fist stumbling him back about an inch only pissing off more as he began to charge up a blast

While she waited for Corbin to pass the coordinates to Casper, Kay noticed Layla standing around, looking pretty out of it.

"If you require assistance, Layla, feel free to ask anyone," Kay smiled at Layla.

Corbin tapped the base of her earlobe. While there wasn't even a Bluetooth device in, there was a mechanical implant there that was a direct feed to the cyborg.
"Kiryu, send me our triangulation. To the tablet, anyway"
A series of 19 digits popped up and then a second set, on an x and y grid respectively.
"What about a Z grid?"
A new message popped up with 19 question marks.
"I'm guessing it's because we don't have a ground transmitter"
She then read off the coordinates to Kay.
About that time, the soldiers began converging on the other rooftop of the courthouse, pouring some gasoline in a stone pit made from brick slabs they found and filled it with the abundance of leaves, vines and sticks from the overgrown city.
One of the jet pilots came over, and began to speak to Corbin.
"Colonel", he said before saluting.
"We found a second city inside of this city- it looks like this city teleported on top of it. It's made out of stones. Stone buildings, stone houses, stone beds...lots of pots, almost looks like it is to boil water. But no inhabitants"

___

Godzilla had been able to ignore the pesky little creature, but now he was pissed.
He turned his head and released his atomic beam- the massive discharge of radiation would give a normal person insta-terminal cancer and the blindingly bright blue light could make anyone see spots for minutes. Then the heat felt like having your skin boiled off while a direct hit was instant vaporization- fucking with him was really, really stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kay quickly said the coordinates back to Casper, though she didn't really have any idea what they meant or how they were supposed to help.

Kay overheard the jet pilot and had a sinking feeling. "Were any bodies found?" she asked, fearing the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.