Elements Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kay was surprised by the sudden embrace, before relaxing into it. "Same to you, Casper. I would not be happy if you got hurt."

After Corbin successfully negotiated with the Death Knights, Kay recalled her spirit and doused her own flames. She looked to Casper and smiled, "Well, I suppose the best victory is the one in which we do not fight."

"I appreciate the ride, Corbin," Kay said as she stepped onto the helicopter.

Layla wasn't sure what to do. Should she go with them? Or should she move on? It seemed t0o dangerous out there, but she wasn't sure whether or not she would go with them. She decided to wait for someone to say something, anything, that could give her a clue.

Reactions: Maddeline
The dragon Queen snorted.
"Though, if you are ever caught conversing with the Death Knights, the living dragon army with eradicate all of you"
Corbin smiled;
"Your a sensible type. Don't worry, we don't even know who that is"

Hearing that, Kay realized her assumption was wrong. These weren't the Death Knights, they were some other faction. Seeing the hesitating Layla, Kay jumped back down to her.

"Layla, would you like to come with us? I do not believe it safe to wander around by yourself."

"You're more than welcome- our job is to protect all civilians no matter what" Corbin said, looking at Layla.

Casper walked off leaving a way to get in touch with him with Kay as he walked off he pulled off his mask as his disappeared into the mist he walked for a few miles before finding a collapsed building that would work as a good shelter and he cleaned it up a bit setting up camp building a fire and laying out the sleeping bag he had found as he laid down for the night and fell asleep as in the morning he would begin training with his new found power

Layla smiled, feeling relieved. They were letting her come with them, meaning she wouldn't be alone. Thanking them, she walked towards the helicopter.

Kay smiled as Layla decided to join them on the ride. "I am glad you chose to come with us," Kay said sincerely, when Casper suddenly approached her and handed her something.

"Casper said he wanted to be alone for a little while, so he has left us with this," Kay pointed to the telecom Casper had given her, "In case we need him or he needs us."

Kay then got onto the helicopter and sat down next to Layla. "How are you doing, Layla? I hope you were not too shaken up by recent events."

Layla got on the helicopter and sat down. Kay came to sit down next to her.

"I'm alright I guess... sure, it's all abit strange, but after you've been attacked by statues that only move when your not looking you kinda get used to stuff," she answered, "What about you?"

"Well, I am quite used to dealing with magic, though I cannot say I have entered combat with a dragon yet. But do not worry for me, it will take more than this to shake me up," Kay replied with a smile. "So, what was it like where you are from? Magic dominated my world, technology Corbin's, and...honestly I am not sure exactly what Casper's world was like."

The helicopter took off, and the technician pointed to a place on the holographic map, and the helicopter changed its direction by 33 degrees to the right.
"My world is dominated by technology from necessity. We live under the boots of giants- one of them wakes up one day and hates Mondays, then you can say goodbye to Kabul or Berlin. Godzilla there completely destroyed half of New York City and then years later leveled London completely to the ground while fighting a flying monster. These weapons, no matter how advanced they are, are mostly just different ways to piss off the same monster. We've only killed four of them, and we've encounter twenty three in total. Three of the four we encountered were underdeveloped, while the remaining one was damaged from fighting an unknown monster. The damage one of the kaiju can do is exponential- our best weapon is using satellites to find out where they are asleep for early evacuations"

"Well, I guess you could say my world was dominated by aliens. These creatures called the Weeping Angels came and attacked our village. Luckily, no one was killed, but it was a close one. They were statues, but every time you blinked or looked away they moved. Once they got close enough, they would kill you. At least, that's what the Doctor told me."

"Unstoppable monsters and aliens. You guys have seen some weird stuff," Kay concluded. "Though, granted, I guess certain kinds of magic could be seen as weird as well. Say, Corbin, where are we going anyway?"

"Well...it looks like a city that got sucked up into the wormhole" she said, with a shrug. We could only see low orbit images with a cheap satellite, so it's probably not anything special- but it'll be a home"
After a few seconds she looked at Layla.
"I would trade anything to be in a world where people didn't die constantly. My job isn't to give orders- it's to choose who dies and why" She said, rubbing the back of her head.

"Really?" Layla said to Corbin, surprised. That just sounded - strange. Who would want a job where you decide who dies? It was just unnatural. Still, Layla didn't think she was from Earth, and she didn't think she was on Earth either.
"Umm... By any chance do you know where we are in- time and space?" she asked.

"A city? From your own world, I presume?" Kay asked. She was curious to see what a city without magic would end up like. Back home, magic was necessary for the operation of a city.

"I wish to say we are in a future version of my own world, given that there is magic here," Kay started, "But I do not know for sure. Sorry for the uncertain answer."

Status
Not open for further replies.