(Electro) Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kestrel

So, this here is one of my genre loves. Swing was a style of music very popular between 1920 and 1935, pretty heavy on brass instruments with quick, uplifting rhythms. Electro swing is, well pretty much as it says on the tin. It works a little manipulation to get effects traditional instrument and song cannot. If you're not acquainted with the style(s), here's a bunch of songs;

So, what are your thoughts on the genre? Love it? Hate it? Did it crash your mobile browser? Do you have any songs in the genre you'd like to share?

Topic commence.

Parov Stelar- Really interesting piece of music, quite summery with sort of a house feel to it. Really cool :D
Alice Francis- Just as awesome, much faster and upbeat :D

In short, great pieces of music, Kestrel :D

Katzenjammer, oh hells yeah!

Getting hooked on steampunk subsequently lead me to discover electro swing. Somehow, my brain thinks electro swing is a perfect match for steampunk. It has been a couple of years, but since the genre is so diverse, it would take a miracle to make it boring.

As for artists (phone, no can do yuutub), Caravan Palace, Dutty Moonshine (okay, maybe not straight electro swing, but still), Katzenjammer, Parov Stelar, Movits!, Swingrowers, and Swing Republic are a couple of the bands I listen to. Bound to have forgotten a whole bunch more, too.

I've enjoyed a lot of what I've heard of the genre, but I've never really gone out of my way to explore it extensively. This one is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.