Electricity

Houndoom fell to the ground, being knocked out in a flash before she knew it. He had put up a good fight, but Aeon's Arcanine was way too powerful for him. She should have saved Houndoom and sent out Jolt at first instead. If she had done that, his Arcanine and his next pokemon would be down and out of the count. Emberlynn bit her lip. She was so used to winning tournaments, that losing was was especially hard on her. She only had one pokemon left and that was Jolt. She had no doubt that he would beat all three of his pokemon. She had that much faith in him. He was, after all, her best pokemon and not to mention her fastest.

"Jolt, let's show him how a pro finishes! Go!" Jolt bolted out onto the field, charging at Arcanine faster than Arcanine could keep up with. He may have had a speed boost, but compared to her Jolt's speed, he may as well be at tortise speed.
"Now, finish off that Arcanine, would you please? Thunder!"

Jolt let loose a powerful thunder, it being too fast for Arcanine to dodge. Hopefully, this would put an end to his pesky yet very skilled Arcanine.

Aeon cursed under his breath. Arcanine was out. This was definitely Emberlynn's trump card, and her last Pokemon. He thought for a moment. Use his trick up his sleeve now, or, even though he had no doubt she could win, use his second choice. He chose his second choice, knowing he needed the experience in a real Tournament battle.

"Come on out, Umbreon!" He called, sending forth the dark Pokemon. Without giving Emberlynn a chance to attack, Aeon shouted, "Sand Attack!" Umbreon shot forth, kicking up sand and dust as he went, much of it being aimed at Jolteon's eyes. It was an accuracy-down skill, so hopefully, that deadly thunder would hit less. "Back up, then Snarl!"

Umbreon did so, creating a cacophony of noise, lowering Jolteon's special attack and health.

Jolteon stood still. He knew how to act in a situation such as this. He didn't need special attack power if he had speed. Speed would eventually be the Umbreon's downfall.

"Aeon! I just have to tell you! My Jolteon is the fastest in all of Johto Region! I'm not saying that for bluffing either because it isn't a bluff. He's in the record book as the fastest known jolteon in the johto region! Alright Jolteon! Show this Umbreon who is the superior Eevee evolution! Agility and then Shock Wave!"

Jolteon closed in on Umbreon in a flash, almost being unseen. He then released a Shockwave. Even with all the dust up and even if he wasn't closed in on Umbreon, his Shockwave would fill the whole stadium. But Jolteon kinda had a knack for telling where something was in a dust cloud. Trainers had tried everything in the past to confuse her Jolteon and Emberlynn had trained her Jolt just for these types of battles. Although, that didn't stop the dust from being annoying. This shock wave wouldn't be as powerful as she had hoped, but it would still do some damage.

"Umbreon, as soon as Jolteon gets close, use Toxic!" Aeon shouted. The two Pokemon used their attacks at the exact same moment, both of them taking damage. "Payback!" The damage from payback doubled, Jolteon having attacked previously. "Double Team, now!" Aeon shouted, as the illusions of five more Umbreons took form.

"Torment!" Aeon called, as the six Umbreons prevented Jolteon from using Shock Wave. "Great job, now back up!" Aeon smiled, the prospect of a challenging match exciting him.

Jolteon was starting to feel the effects of the Toxic. That means it was a potent toxic. Jolt had to finish this fast! Emberlynn thought of something that might work.

"Don't fall for that ruse Jolteon. I know your feeling the effects of that Toxic, but you have to stay with me...Now, concentrate and use that berry I gave you to hold earlier. It should heal poison..."

Jolteon took out its Pecha berry devouring it quickly.

"Now, Jolt, Combine your quick attack and agility! Take out all the clones at once and find the real one!"

She looked at Aeon.

"Sorry there pal, but I can't be having my trump card lose that easily. I gave Jolt a berry just in case. It was the berry I gave to him before this tournament even started....Came in handy! I usually give Jolt a berry before every tournament I enter...Now, feel Jolteon's speed and power!"

Jolt quickly disposed of the clones, revealing a wide open Umbreon. Jolt quickly closed in on Umbreon.

"Now, THUNDER!" A bolt of Lightning came down quickly, engulfing the two eeveelutions in a glow of light.

"Quickly, Umbreon, Sunny Day, Moonlight, then top it off with Quick Attack!" Aeon called. Sunny Day would make the sun shine brighter, making Moonlight, a healing move, more effective, and lowering the accuracy of Jolteon's lightning attacks, while Quick Attack was exactly that. Umbreon hit Jolteon head on, just as the bolt of lightning came down, as smoke flew into the air.

And Umbreon was KO'd. "Great job, Umbreon, for your first Tournament battle. This'll be one to tell the others, huh?" Aeon asked as he called back Umbreon. Umbreon's Sunny Day was only the set up for his next Pokemon, the one he had switched in yesterday.

"This is it, now come on out, Metagross!" Aeon shouted, throwing his Pokeball into the air, the gigantic Pokemon emerging.

Emberlynn grimaced. This wouldn't be easy. That Metagross looked very strong. It looked strong enough to keep up with her Jolteon, stamina wise. This would be a challenge. Jolteon wasn't phyisically able to fight a steel type and on top of that Metagross was also half psychic and Jolteon didn't like Psychic pokemon that much.

"Alright Jolteon, hold yourself together and let's do this! Start us off with Agility!"

Jolteon quickly moved in on Metagross, it's speed still as incredible as ever.

"Now, jump into the air straight from your Agility!"

Jolteon used a wall and jumped into the air, suprising the people near that wall.

"Now, come down and use a Double Kick with all the power you've got!" Jolteon came down hard, hitting Metagross straight on. Jumping out of the dust, Jolteon went back to Emberlynn's side, awaiting to see when Metagross would emerge. That definitely wouldn't be enough to take down Metagross, but it still would have weakened it, if only just a little bit.

"Counter with your own Agility and then Zen Headbutt!" Aeon shouts, smiling as the super-computer-slash-tank backs up a little, readying its attack. Some battles, Metagross was strong enough to fight without instruction, basing it on the strategy of its four brains. Metagross was sometimes an independent thinker, believing its ideas are better than Aeon's, but Aeon has learned to trust its diverts. Instead of Zen Headbutt, however, it used Meteor Mash, pulling its front left arm back and the silhouette of a meteor encompassing it. Dashing forwards, and making contact, a flash of multi-colored sparkles erupted from his hand. After seeing it, Aeon realized it was a better move, and decided not to reprimand it for it.

This would definitely be a close match, but Aeon loved a challenge. He grinned, Metagross backing up slightly.

Jolteon was hit head on with a meteor mash from Metagross. Jolteon now looked terrified. He didn't have a problem with steel types. He did have an issue, however with Psychic types. When he had just barely evolved from an eevee to a Jolteon, he had an encounter that scarred Jolteon for life, making him forever terrified of Psychic types. When he had just barely evolved, Emberlynn and Jolteon had tried to catch a wild Kadabra that was causing havoc. While in the midst of this fearsome psychic type it used Psychic, sending Jolteon flying right back into Emberlynn. Emberlynn, not used to Jolteon's spikes just yet, had been cut from that ordeal and Jolteon ran away after that, scared that he might have really hurt his trainer. It took Emberlynn all night to find him. When he did, he was terrified of her even. She had to coax him out saying "it wasn't your fault that I got hurt...it's ok...come out..." but after that, all battles with Psychic or part psychic pokemon terrified Jolteon to the point where he almost couldn't move.

But Emberlynn trained Jolteon with a lot of Psychic types and now Jolteon was getting better, but it was still an issue when he was hit with one head on. He was afraid of being sent back and hurting his trainer again.

"Jolt....your ok...you can do this...Go. Thunder wave!" Jolteon crept forward, still hesitant but using the move with grace. That should paralyze it.

"Good Job Jolt, your doing a lot better! Keep it up! Now, use Double Kick once more, but this type, wrap yourself in a Thunder..." Jolt lit up the stadium, a bright surge of electricity around him. He then ran forward, doing his best not to run scared the other way, and hit Metagross again with an electric-charged Double Kick.

Seeing Jolteon rush forwards, Aeon said, "Strategy 28, execute!" Metagross flew up into the air, levitating several feet into the air. Then, the 1212.5 pound Pokemon dropped onto the smaller Pokemon, its four metal legs keeping it from crushing Jolteon. "Great job, Metagross! That was a little close though. Be more careful next time!" Called Aeon.

Metagross had been with Aeon since he was a little kid, his mother having mastered it when it was just a Beldum, leaving it to Aeon to train. And that he did, bringing it up into a powerful Metagross, appearing in newspapers, television shows, and gathering quite a fanbase. Of course, no one forgot the handsome and charismatic trainer that backed it. They were best friends, but he was so well-trained that Aeon didn't use him as often anymore, saving him for the big Tournaments he needed to win. Once, Aeon was asked by the Coordinators to leave Metagross at home and give the other Trainers a chance. However, the other trainers weren't Emberlynn, and weren't as good as she.

"Okay! Let's go, Confusion, and no changing it!" With Jolteon still below Metagross, Aeon knew he wouldn't miss.

Jolteon was trapped under Metagross as it hit him with a confusion. Emberlynn knew this was bad. Jolt was most likely freaking out. She would rather lose a competition and forfiet everything if it meant her pokemon were happy. She was convinced of this even more so when Jolteon was sent flying back after this. Jolt flew back, hitting Emberlynn head on. This is what Jolt was afraid of. Great....It would be hard to persuade him to finish this battle. Emberlynn got up, a huge gash down her shin. It was like last time and this gash was right next to the one she had gotten from him that time they battled that Kadabra. Blood trickled down her leg. More like flowed down her leg. She took off her shirt, having a tank-top underneath and wrapped her shirt around her wound. She was right, Jolteon had fled and gone somewhere to hide. Winning this battle wasn't worth seeing her best friend afraid and feeling guilty. She started to speak.

"Aeon, this battle is over. I concede defeat. Jolt is too terrified to fight and I will not make him battle something he is afraid of...I should because it could help him get over his fear of Psychic pokemon, but I'm not that cruel....I'm not going to force him to get over his fear. It just doesn't go away just like that. It takes time and patience. I haven't given him enough of that yet, apparently as he is still scared of Psychic types...He can't win like he is now...He won't battle now... Probably not battle for a couple days...But it isn't your fault...It is mine for not helping Jolt out more....So, I surrender..."

Emberlynn left the stadium and ran out to search for Jolt. He could be anywhere and the Ferry they had to catch would be here in 6 hours. She wouldn't leave her best friend behind. Not now or not ever.

At Emberlynn's official forfeit of the match, Aeon was showered with the usual grandeur, confetti and the crowd's roar flying everywhere. As soon as he saw an available opening, he ran for it, shouting to a friend to send everything to his hotel room. He was looking for her, to apologize, to help, to do something more than just accept that she had forfeited. Using Metagross, he searched all around the city, trying to find where she could be.

"Emberlynn!" He would call, gathering several stares from passerby.

Finally, he found her, and he ran to her, telling her exactly how sorry he was, that he hadn't meant to let Metagross go off and do that. He was just so caught up in the moment, the excitement. Finally, he said, "I am truly sorry. If there is anything I can do to help, tell me."

Emberlynn was suprised when Aeon caught up to her. She smiled softly and nodded.

"Sure...If you could, just help me look for Jolteon. He will be hiding in the tightest corner he can fit into...Thank you again for helping me look Aeon..."

Emberlynn sent out her Axew. He was small, so he could fit wherever Jolteon could fit.

"Axew, I need you to look for Jolteon in small spaces I can't fit into, ok?"

The small dragon nodded and eagerly started searching in small crevices and every nook and cranny he could find. Emberlynn couldn't help but worry for Jolteon. He was her best pal and losing him was like losing her brother all over again. She hated this. She hated seeing him suffer like this. It hurt her heart so much that it almost made it break. Tears fell down her cheeks as she called out for her pal.

"Jolt, please come out! Your ok now! I promise! Please come out...I miss you pal....I...I need you...." she whispered the last part, trying to contain her tears so as to not burst out into a flood of tears. She continued to search it was now starting to be dusk and it would be harder to find him in the dark.

"Axew, you find him yet?"

Axew shook his head, still searching all the tight spots that Jolteon could have squeezed into. She looked off into the distance, wondering if Aeon was having any luck.

Aeon nodded, rushing off in the other direction, calling Skarmory to search from the skies and Missy to try and sense Emberlynn's Pokemon through her psychic powers. "C'mon, Jolteon. If you disappear forever, you know how sad Emberlynn will be? She'd never be the same. She really does love you." He repeated that as he walked the alleyways, searching for the small Pokemon. Then, he tried another tactic. "Jolteon, get out here. If you do not face your fear head-on then it will only hold you back. That's what fear does. If it hurts to let it go, that is weakness leaving the body. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, buddy."

Sighing, he ignored the looks a couple people gave him, knowing that if they knew what had happened, they'd look at him less like a crazed drunk and more like a guy who's trying to help a girl he likes. He knew what it was like to lose a Pokemon, that it was like losing a security blanket as a kid, but worse, more like losing an arm. You can still sometimes feel the lost appendage, but when you move to scratch it, it isn't there, and you feel even worse than you did when you realized that not only is your arm gone, but that it is Monday.

Resting against a wall, Aeon lightly bangs his head against it, berating himself silently. He had been so stupid! It was getting dark, though, and Aeon had made a promise to Emberlynn and he wasn't about to break it. Starting his search again, he began calling, "Jolteon, I made a promise to Emberlynn that I would find you. Now, I'm not the sort of guy who breaks his promises, so if I have to fight you tooth and nail to get you to come with me, I will." It wasn't a complete exaggeration.

Emberlynn continued to search. Her search took her near where Aeon was. Emberlynn then remembered. Last time she had found him, it was raining and he was trying to find a better shelter for it. She hated to do this, but it was the only way to find out where Jolt had gone. She sent out Gyarados. If he was anywhere near here, he would try to find a better place to hide.

"Gyarados, use Rain Dance" Gyarados gathered the rain clouds, making it rain for 2 miles each way around her. If he was within two miles, he would be coming out soon.

"Axew, I know it's raining, but please keep looking for him. It might help bring him out!" Axew nodded and continued to search as did Emberlynn. She also knew that if Aeon was nearby, he might be able to find Jolt too. She hoped this worked.

"Jolt, come out! Please! We need to get out of this rain! Please!"

Suddenly, the sky darkened and the clouds broke in a heavy rain. In front of him, a yellow streak flies by. "Skarmory, catch it!" He shouts, and the bird nose-dives for it. Catching the smaller Pokemon, Aeon lightly takes Jolteon in his hands, lightly enough not to hurt it, but strong enough that he couldn't run off. Putting both of his Pokemon in their pokeballs, he makes his way back to where he had found Emberlynn. Seeing her, he shouts in her direction, "Found him!" triumphantly.

Emberlynn was so happy when she saw Aeon run up to her with Jolt in hand. She gingerly took Jolt from Aeon and sat on the ground, hugging the electric pokemon tightly.

"Don't you ever do that again Jolt....I was so worried...I'm so glad your ok though..." tears ran down the blonde trainers face. Jolteon wriggled free, staring at her with eyes ashamed. He was looking at the cut that he had given her that she had so roughly tied up. Emberlynn embraced the electric pokemon again.

"You didn't do anything wrong. You didn't hurt me that bad. I'll heal up quickly...I am more worried about you running off than you hurting me...I don't know why you are running off, but you shouldn't. I would never hurt you because you hurt me...Your like a brother to me...Please, promise me that you will never run away again...Aeon didn't know you were afraid of Psychic types, so it wasn't his fault...It was mine...Forgive me Jolt...we will work harder on that..."

Jolt rubbed his head against her hand, barking a happy reply. She pointed at him.

"No more running off like that! You hear? You scared me and your companions half to death!" Jolt smiled, barking his reply. She walked up to Aeon and without even thinking, placed a kiss on his lips. It was a thank you. A thank you for saving her brother. Jolt was everything to her. The very least Aeon deserved for finding him was a kiss.

Aeon, seeing Emberlynn having a close moment with her Jolteon, stepped back, allowing her space. He wa happy for her, glad that he had been able to help. He knew how bad it was to lose a Pokemon, and knew what it must have felt like to Emberlynn. When she planted a kiss on his mouth, his eyebrows shot up, him not expecting it. But then he let it happen, smiling softly when she pulled back.

Pulling back, her heart was racing. So much so it felt like she would faint from shortness of breath, but that feeling of happiness didn't leave her. He had a huge impact on her. More than she knew...She hadn't felt this way for anyone since James passed away. Her face still red, she spoke up.

"Aeon...Thank you so much for finding Jolteon. He is like a brother to me after all and thank you...thank you for being so kind and cheerful and so outgoing! It was refreshing....I have also found myself in quite a predicament though....I know I'm in love with you, but I don't know if you reciprocate the same feelings or not or even where your going after this...but if it isn't too much trouble, would you mind if I traveled with you? I could still learn a lot from the way you battle....But if i'm going to be a burden, don't worry about saying No. It won't offend me. Now be straightforward with me Aeon..."

It was embarrassing to ask him this question, but she looked him in the eye nonetheless, her face beet red from kissing him earlier.

"Emberlynn," Aeon tried to say, but the words choked in his throat. Finally, he got out, "I think I love you, too." He hadn't said those three words, "I love you" since before his sister passed, and it was hard for him to finally break past that barrier. "I would love for you to come with me on my travels." He said, the same smile not leaving his face.

"You are a wonderful woman, and I formally ask you to come along with me on my journeys, whereever they might take me." He nods, his smile getting a little bigger.