Electricity

Emberlynn arrived at the arena, waiting for the judges to make the pair ups for the battles. During this time, she pulled out some pokemon food, forgetting, almost, to feed her beloved pokemon breakfast. She went and bought some element specific pokemon food from the arena store and poured it into the bowls she had brought. Except for Gyarados. She always just tossed the food or dumped the food bag into his mouth since he was so big. While her pokemon ate, she decided to grab breakfast herself. As she munched away on her breakfast burrito, the judges had finally put up the daily matches.She didn't know who the trainer was that she was fighting. Neither did she know Aeon's. The only thing she could tell was that they looked tough. This would be an eventful day indeed.

As the battles went by, she began to become nervous. Maybe it was the adrenaline rushing through her, but no matter what, she was anxious. There were 5 battles today. 10 out of the 20 trainers had made it this far. She counted herself lucky that she arrived early enough to get a spot. It seemed that it was her turn on the field now. She picked up her pokeball, calling in all of her pokemon and only pocketing one seeing as this was a one on one battle again.

Once she got out on the field, the other trainer smirked. He looked like a good trainer. She would have to pull out all the stops just to beat him. That was fine though. More fun for her. The trainer sent out his pokemon first, a charizard. Wow, it had been a while since she had seen one of those. Good thing she had pocketed the pokemon she did. Throwing her pokeball gracefully into the air, out appeared Gyarados. His roar filled the arena. She may have had a type advantage, but charizard was also a dragon and flying type. He knew both kinds of moves if trained properly and sure enough, the trainer made this first move. Coming straight at him, he was aiming for using a slash attack.

"Gyarados, stop him with your mouth!" Gyarados braced for impact as the charizard came in for the attack. He succeeded in slashing the gyarados, but now he was caught by Gyarados' mouth. Just what she was aiming for.

"Gyarados, use Hydro pump!" At close range, Gyarados let forth a bursting stream of water, throwing charizard back against the arena wall. Suprisingly he was still game after that, but not by much. Water attacks were super effective. Charizard flew up into the air, Gyarados watching it closely but to no avail. He looked around frantically, starting to freak out. Emberlynn called out to him.

"Calm down Gyarados! He'll show up. Just be patient..." Gyarados closed his eyes, waiting for the moment when he felt Charizard near. Sure enough, Charizard showed himself again and Gyarados was ready for him. Impacting Gyarados, Emberlynn gave Gyarados his instructions.

"Gyarados, use Aqua Tail to push him back!" Gyarados moved gracefully as he impacted his aqua tail to Charizard's body.

"Brilliant work Gyarados! Now, finish him off with Hydro Pump!" Gyarados shot the huge stream of water at Charizard. The sun hit the hydro pump just right, making it sparkle as it sent Charizard against the arena wall again, this time, he was down. Emberlynn ran out onto the field, hugging her Gyarados.

"Great work pal! You deserve a good rest..." Gyarados had take a couple hard hits from Charizard, so, heading back to Nurse Joy, she was proud to tell herself that she had made it...Made it to the semi-finals...Since one of the battles had a double Ko, they were both out leaving 3 trainers. 2 others and herself. One more battle still had to take place. This time, it was Aeon's turn. She couldn't wait to see him battle again.

(Sorry it's so long. Battles take a long time to type ^^;)

After Emberlynn's match, Aeon, as he was going to his, he high-fived her. "You'd did great!" He called over his shoulder as he entered the stadium. This was it. He didn't have any pokeballs with him again, having yet another trick up his sleeve.

Seeing his opponent across the way, he recognized him, and was sure that his opponent recognized Aeon as well. It was Jack. Of course. His number was 20, and Aeon didn't see him, nor did he look at the pairings earlier. Jack was everything Aeon was not, and they agreed on everything, from how to train Pokemon, to what 2 + 2 was. He had the smarts of a sheet of paper, and the look to match: His hair and skin was pure white. Aeon was going to enjoy beating him. Even his last name meant paper in Japanese.

"Welcome, Jack Kami and Aeon Hawk!" announced the...announcer.

The crowd roared, two of their favorite Contestants were battling it out for a spot in the semi-finals. Aeon gave his trademark "lucky sign" a peace sign aimed directly at the cameras. The crowd did it back, the two-fingered salute reflected upon every camera in the stadium. Aeon wasn't intending to do it this time around, but just because Jack was going to be fighting him, he wanted to make it clear how many more people were rooting for him.

Aeon tipped his hat to Jack, "Ladies first."

Jack, his face reddening in anger or embarrassment or both, sent out Klinklang, a steel Pokemon. It was resistant to a lot of types, but took electricity normally. Good.

"Well, Hawk, you gonna send out Skarmory like yesterday. Gonna sic him on me like you did to that Kyurem?" Jack taunted.

"Want to say that to my face?" Aeon knew Jack was a coward, and Aeon was more muscular than him, so Jack was definitely not going to say it to his face. He nodded to the crowd, in a way that could be saw a a nod to Jack or the spectators. In reality, it was a nod to an old friend Aeon met this morning. His friend, codenamed for secrecy, Akai Hana, was holding onto Lucky, and his instructions were to let him go when Aeon nodded.

Lucky dashed out into the stadium, tripping up Jack, an added bonus. Their strategy was that Lucky would catch them both off guard and Strength Jack's Pokemon, whatever it was. He did, and the Klinklang flew into the air, trying to dodge Lucky, who only followed him.

"Great show, Lucky. Thanks Akai Hana! Lucky: Wild Charge!" Lucky, letting go of Klinklang, ran back a few meters to give himself space to speed up. With a roar, Lucky charged, while Klinklang prepared an attack. Just inches before Lucky hit Klinklang, the other Pokemon attacked, sending Lucky staggering back. He ran in a small circle, turning around and recovering in the same movement.

"Thunder Wave, Lucky!" He squared his shoulders, and sent out the wave, paralyzing Klinklang. "Go for it, finish him with Volt Switch!" The sky grew dark as Lucky shot a bolt of lightning at Klinklang, who was still immobilized by the Thunder Wave. Klinklang went KO, and Aeon won his second match.

Emberlynn high-fived Aeon as she headed out of the arena and up to the stands. She hurried her way up, ignoring her hungry stomach. Sure enough, he planned on making another fine entrance into the stadium. She wondered what kind of pokemon he'd use now. Once she saw his Luxray, Emberlynn was hooked. She had seen his Luxray up close, but seeing Electric Pokemon battle made her heart race. She loved they way they moved as if dancing in a shower of lightning bolts. It made them look even more threatening and beautiful than any other kind of pokemon. Obviously her love was for Electric pokemon. But she didn't believe in having a whole electric team. Although beautiful, it wouldn't be a balanced team.

Watching Aeon battle with Luxray reminded her of when James was battling with his Manectric. They would always make a grand entrance, James showing off all of Manectric's good points. James loved his pokemon and she could tell that Aeon loved his as well. The way his pokemon moved with the grace and elegance rivaled to that of James made her heart almost burst with happiness. It was like seeing James again, only it wasn't James.

Once Aeon had one, she met him at the gate.

"That battle was genius Aeon! The way you moved Luxray with precision and accuracy really brought out his beautiful points! Your Luxray is simply gorgeous!" she walked over to Aeon's Luxray, holding out her hand. He sniffed it, still a bit beat up from the attack he had gotten hit with. He nuzzled her hand and she patted Luxray.

"Good work Lucky! You did amazing out there!" Luxray roared happily. Emberlynn walked back over to Aeon, ruffling his hair a bit.

"You cut your hair? Why's that? No matter, you look great, long hair or no..."

Soon it was evident that Emberlynn needed something to eat from the way her stomach started an uproar. She blushed.

"Sorry about that...I haven't eaten since breakfast...Guess I should go get something to eat..."

"Yeah," Aeon ran a hand through his short hair, "I kinda wanted a change." He smiled sheepishly as Emberlynn petted Lucky.

"If you're hungry, I'll be happy to take you out: I'm feeling confident. In my abilities of being a friend, not, you know," He added quickly. "There's this sushi place down the street, or if you're not into that, there's this other place a little farther out." He smiled, putting Lucky in the hands of the local Nurse Joy, saying a nice, "Thanks," before turning back to Emberlynn.

"So, yeah, whatever you'd like." He smiled, then said, "I came here last year to watch the tournament, so I kinda know my way around, if you need a tour guide, or something."

Emberlynn giggled silently at Aeon and his awkwardness around her. Was it that kiss from last night that now had him justifying everything he said about her and him being friends? That was cute! She smiled cutely.

"Sure, Sushi sounds great! Lead me there! After, do you mind if we stop by a nearby supermarket? I need to buy some pokemon food for my pokemon..."

She couldn't wait to go around town with Aeon. This would be very fun!

She followed Aeon as they walked into town. It had been a while since she had been to Goldenrod. She couldn't remember where every building was or what it was for that matter. All she knew was that a daycare was nearby. She knew that because she had left Jolt there once while she was training Lucas. So everything was just like brand new to her.

"Thanks Aeon...You don't have to treat me if you don't want. I can buy...All I really use my money for is pokemon food and food for myself also for the occasional hotel..." If Aeon really was a lot like James, then he would still insist on paying always saying "A girl should never pay for a man's food". She giggled as she remembered the first time James had told her that. He would always buy her something when they met up, always insisting that he pay. Why men were like that, she still had no clue. They stopped at a oriental looking Sushi place.

"Is this it? It's so beautiful! What do you think Jolt?"

Jolt barked in agreement.

"Is this the place you were talking about Aeon?"

"No, no, I want to buy for you. It's no problem, a woman shouldn't pay for a man's food. " He smiles, "Here we are. I know the owner so we can get really good seats." He leads her inside, holding the doors open for her.

The host, upon seeing Aeon, instantly recognized him, and called Mr. Hime over. Mr. Hime was the owner, and has been for at least fifty years. He thought Aeon of his own son, and treated him as such.

"Aeon!" The man shouted, taking him in for a hug. "I haven't seen you in ages! Is this your girlfriend?" He pauses, looking at Emberlynn. "She's a pretty one, definitely a keeper. My boy, you've cut your hair, it used to be so nice, but now it's short! Oh, well, I still like it." He said, and continued prattling on to himself while Aeon led Emberlynn to a table towards the back.

"Mr. Hime won't find us back here. Sorry, about the girlfriend thing. He doesn't know a thing about subtlety." Aeon says, blushing a little. "Of course, if Gina's working today, we might have to go somewhere else." Gina was one of the waitresses, and was arguably worse than Mr. Hime.

Soon, a waitress Aeon didn't know handed them menus. She leaned in conspiratorially, as if they were sharing a secret. "What'd you do to Mr. Hime? He's still going on over there about you finally getting a girlfriend."

Aeon became red again, and sent the waitress off, saying to send someone else to take their orders.

Emberlynn giggled. She already liked this place. The people here were very nice and funny. Soon a young man came to the back to take their orders. Looking at the menu, Emberlynn ordered her favorite sushi, the one with salmon and wasabi in the middle and instead of seaweed, with rice paper. She excused herself from the table so Aeon could order and she ran to the bathroom.

"What was that all about? Girlfriend? I only met the guy yesterday...Oh no...would this be considered a...a date? Dang you Aeon...why do you have to sound like James? Why do you do this to me? I only met you yesterday and your already making my head spin...Curse you...." She washed her face, hoping it would wash away the blush that crept across her face, but to no avail. She would have to appear in front of him again. She slowly made her way back out to the table, the blush still apparent on her face.

Sitting down, she looked to the side to avoid looking directly at Aeon. She couldn't do this forever though. She would have to look at him at some point. She put her elbows on the table and covered her face with her hands. This wasn't conspicuous at all...Besides, putting her arms on the table was a rude thing to do. But she didn't really care at this point. She didn't want Aeon to see that her face was completely red, although trying to hide it when the sushi came would be very difficult. She just decided to uncover her face.

"Aeon...you are so not fair....saying the same thing my James said...Are you trying to get me to like you? Because if you are, you sure are doing an excellent job..."

She looked to the side again, totally embarrassed now. What would he think of her now? She wasn't normally like this around guys...not usually. But Aeon was different. The way he held himself and the way he did things, she couldn't help but think James led her right to him...

Aeon ordered Mapo Tofu and a spicy sushi whose name he couldn't pronounce.

When Emberlynn came back, he noticed something was wrong. He left her alone until she was ready to talk, figuring it was a girl thing. When she started talking, he said, "I'm sorry. If you want, I could act like Jack or Mr. Hime." He chuckled. "But, really, I do like you." Smiling bashfully, he hoped Mr. Hime would come over, even Gina would be fine.

Catching the eye of the previous waitress, he mouths, "It's her birthday," trying to lighten the mood. The waitress nods, and hurries off to tell the rest of the staff. Mr. Hime's staff throw the best five minute birthday parties, and are sure fire ways to make anybody happy, even if it isn't their birthday.

The rest of the restaurant went strangely quiet. Finally, all of the staff burst out, and sang 'Happy Birthday,' placing a piece of cake in front of Emberlynn. They tie balloons to the backs of the chairs, give her a gift card to the place, and hand her a birthday card signed by all the staff.

Emberlynn felt she like she was going to pass out when Aeon told her that. She kept it together though. But when the staff came over randomly singing happy birthday and giving her things, she broke out into pure laughter. It sure did lighten the mood. Even James hadn't done anything like this for her. Aeon was someone worth holding onto. She thanked all the staff and the managers and decided to hold off on the cake till after she had eaten her sushi.

Soon her sushi appeared, it appearing first before Aeon's, obviously. She grabbed the chopsticks and began to eat the sushi, happily enjoying every savory bite to the fullest. Doing so, she kept looking up at Aeon from time to time, but never staring, because that was rude. Being with him almost made her feel like being with James again, but it was a different vibe. He had his own vibe about him and she liked being around him. He was fun, adventurous and smart, not to mention spontaneous.

"Really Aeon? My birthday?" she giggled a bit more, "your so wierd...yet...I like that spontaneous attitude of yours....I wish I could say I was the same way...But it's been hard to be myself since my boyfriend died...He was everything to me...He made me...well...me....anyway, I'll stop talking about my deceased boyfriend...Oh, your sushi is here!"

Sure enough, the waiter set the sushi tray in front of him, with a bowl of soy sauce on the side. Emberlynn grabbed her glass of soda and held it up in a mock toast.

"To my new friend who is nice, sweet and not bad looking to boot! May we always be remembered in each other's heart!"

Aeon laughed, "I'll raise to that!" He brought his glass up. "Kanpai!"

As he began eating his sushi, he was trying not to stare at Emberlynn, even though he wouldn't have minded to. She was very pretty, like Analyss, but had a personality that had so many angles and sides, all of them so different, and Aeon liked each one.

Seeing a present-like thing on the table, he reached over and picked it up, curious of its contents. It was making a light beeping sound, and Aeon immediately went rigid. The beeping became quicker, more noticeable. Leaping across the table, he tackled Emberlynn to the ground, trying to protect her with his body. The bomb went off, but instead of launching explosives or poison, it launched more confetti, from the birthday thing.

He got up, amazed it was just a toy. Turning to Emberlynn and helping her up, he says, "Sorry, I swear it was a bomb. Because of my two recent winnings, certain people would wish me to die, be injured, or at least too sick to participate in the tournament. I didn't want that to happen to you simply for being with me, so I kind of went into autopilot. Please forgive me."

Emberlynn drank some of her soda, watching as Aeon picked up a present like object. Emberlynn was even more surprised when Aeon tackled her to the ground, thinking it was a bomb or something. She giggled.

"That's ok. I understand how that is...I've gotten ambushed by a swarm of beedrill once because of my winning a tournament. I would have died if it weren't for Jolt. So I understand. Don't worry about it..." She blushed at the closeness of them and the position they were in at the moment. She was so glad that he got up and helped her up before she died of a heart attack. Being that close to him had made her heart beat out of control.

She looked around the floor and saw all the confetti scattered everywhere. She giggled.

"They really pull out all the stops, don't they?" She continued to eating her sushi until she finished the very last one. Their plates of sushi were large and that had filled her right up. She reached over her plate, grabbing her drink once more and taking the final sips of it into her mouth and swallowing it. She looked to Aeon.

"Which pokemon are you going to use for the semi-finals? I heard the judges discussing with themselves, over lunch, that the finals would be three on three. So i'm just going to use the pokemon I didn't use in the first 3 rounds. Of course, Axew isn't ready for his debut in a tournament. He's going to have to evolve to a fraxure, at least, in order to be considered getting into one. I'll have to switch him out for one of my other pokemon. So is the next pokemon you have in mind a secret or can you let me in on it?"

"I know I want to use Missy, and Umbreon, so maybe I'll use Houdinia, add to the effect." Aeon smiles. "Who are you using?"

Aeon finished his sushi, and swallowed the last gulps of his iced tea. "I can't tell you anything else of my strategy, but it involves something crazy coming from Missy." He takes the receipt from Mr. Hime, who still goggled over Emberlynn, amazed at Aeon's "girlfriend", if that's indeed what they were.

Leading her to the front, Aeon pays the tab, leaving a generous tip for the waitress. "I'll walk you back to your hotel. You're in the same one I'm in?" He smiles politely, already leading her in the correct direction.

((sorry it's so short, too braindead right now, but maybe tomorrow))

((Tis okie. Give your brain a breather and message me back tomorrow!))

Emberlynn walked back with Aeon, still thinking about what pokemon she would use for the semi-finals. Should she use Houndoom or Weavile? She wasn't sure yet. She might need those two plus Jolteon for the finals. It then came to her. She hadn't used him for a while. It was decided. She would use him for the semi-finals, switch him out for her Axew for now.

"Actually, do you mind coming with me to the pokemon center first? I need to pick up the pokemon I'm using for the semi finals...I won't tell you who i'm using, but for the finals I will be using Jolt, Houndoom and Weavile, the fastest pokemon in my party!" She seemed to take the lead now, leading Aeon to the pokemon center. She quickly transferred her Axew out for her Scyther, still not showing Aeon who she picked. She wanted it to be a surprise.

"Alright, now we can go!" She grabbed Aeon's hand, leading him back to the hotel they were staying at. Once they arrived, Emberlynn blushed as she quickly gave Aeon a peck on the cheek and waved goodnight to him, riding the elevator all the way to near top. Her room was on the 3rd to top floor. Once she arrived, she ran in and shut her door, letting Scyther come out of his pokeball and giving him some food before she collapsed onto her bed, tired and happy. That day with Aeon was long and fun, yet exhausting. She would finish it out with giving Scyther the royal treatment, watching TV for a little bit and then heading off to bed. She patted Scyther as he happily and hungrily munched on his food. Turning on the TV, she watched it for a couple hours, mostly watching tournaments, studying the battle style of every trainer that appeared. It helped her revv up for whatever she had to do the next day. Before she knew it, the sun was down and so was she. At least for the night.

Aeon smiled as she left, waving. He soon found himself back in his hotel room, Arkanine surprisingly not on the furniture. After feeding his Pokemon, Aeon went through exactly how he wanted the entrances to be, and talked about strategy. This was all about how you controlled yourself, he would say, all you have to do is make sure you don't hurt eachother or get into the crossfire.

He found himself falling asleep early, his adventures with Emberlynn leaving him drained. As he fell into the land of sleep, he thought of a certain Pokemon he'd like to use in the finals, if he made it there. He'd have to stop at the Pokemon Center to get her, but it would be worth it. It was decided. In the morning, he'd pick up Metagross, switching her out with Lucky.

*NEXT MORNING*

Emberlynn got up, going through her morning routine quickly and feeding her pokemon. Once it was all done, she returned her pokemon and headed over to the arena as soon as she was done. She stepped into the center and went to see if the pairings were made yet. She hoped that she wasn't paired with Aeon yet. Luckily, when she went to look, she was paired with another trainer. She was glad about that. She wasn't ready to battle Aeon yet. It seemed her battle would be at Noon. It was 11:30 am. She still had 30 minutes to kill so she headed over to the shop to get her something to eat before she had to battle.

Sooner than she had realized, they were calling her name out. She ran to the entrance to the arena, pocketing the pokemon she had got out of the PC last night. She waved to the cheering fans as she took her place on the field. This trainer looked menacing. He looked like he would give her no mercy and that is just what she wanted. Scyther hadn't battled for a while so she was really wondering if he would pull through. She had faith that he would.

Throwing her pokeball into the air with grace, out came her long best friend, Scyther. He looked ready to battle. This trainer wasn't messing around. He sent out a Sigilyph. Sure it was a psychic, but it was also a flying which would make this battle one to remember! Emberlynn smirked. A challenge was always fun. This was the battle that would prove if she was worthy of moving to the finals and she would get there no matter what!

"Let's rock Scyther! Use Agility! Let's revv it up!" Scyther dashed towards the Sigilyph, confusing it for a little until it shook it's head. It then used wing attack. If that hit, it would be super effective.

"Scyther, counter his with yours!" Scyther beat his wings as hard as he could, stirring up the two winds, both of them getting blown back.

"Now Scyther, close in on him quickly! Agility once more!" He moved in really fast, confusing the Sigilyph yet again. Sigilyph countered with Gravity, stopping Scyther in his tracks. There wasn't much Scyther could do while under this attack, but luckily, he was right next to Sigilyph anyway. He reached up with his head, bitting down onto Sigilyph. He wouldn't let go till the Gravity lifted, no matter what. So it was now a battle of the wits of the pokemon. Soon the Gravity lifted and Scyther was free to attack.

"Now, use X-Scissor!" Scyther, while still bitting down onto Sigilyph, hit him with all he had, sending him flying backward. Sigilyph stopped himself and started using Wing attack again.

"Ride the air he produces and dive at him, using X-Scissor once more!" Scyther followed her instructions perfectly, landing a beautiful X-scissor and knocking out Sigilyph. Emberlynn ran out there, patting Scyther and congratulating him. That was a brilliant battle indeed! She headed out of the arena, keen on getting Scyther some rest before she sent him back to her parents.

In the morning, Aeon realized he had fallen ill with something. Knowing he couldn't miss today's match, no matter what, he forced himself to get up and get ready. After feeding his Pokemon, he readied Missy, Houdinia, and Umbreon. Calling one of his contacts in the Tournament Administration, he went over his entrance with her, making sure he could.

Dressing in black, baggy clothes with neon embroidery and accents, he took some ibuprofen. "Let's go." He flipped up his hood as he left the hotel, already getting pumped up for his next fight.

At the Tournament Center, he arrived just in time to see Emberlynn win. He cheered with the only other Contestant in the room, his opponent. Seeing him, the other contestant strolled over, then said desperately, "You're my opponent, right?" Aeon nodded. "Okay. Man, I'm sorry, but I'm dropping out. I'm forfeiting. The semi-finals are yours."

"What?" Aeon did a double-take. "No, you can't! It would tarnish not only yours but my reputation. I don't care what your reason is, but I won't win if it doesn't include a battle. Your Pokemon will have to fake it. I won't hurt them at all, but you need to know when they should fly backward and stuff. Okay?"

Finally, it was their turn. Aeon nodded at the other contestant, urging him on.

The stadium went dark. Aeon had exactly one minute before the lights would turn on, that was the agreement he had made on the phone earlier. His clothes shined in the dark, the neon glowing. Counting the remaining seconds, Aeon signaled to Misdreavus, who was just inside the entrance tunnel.

An illusion of a ghost of a young schoolgirl strides out into the stadium, Houdinia and Umbreon just behind the ghostly light. It was Houdinia's illusion, but Missy was helping keep it up. A second signal went to Umbreon, and her yellow markings began glowing, a gasp arising from the crowd. Then, Houdinia's eyes began glowing, and another collective gasp came.

Houdinia's magic lowering, the illusion begins dissipating, revealing the ploy. The lights flash on, the minute gone, and Aeon's opponent calls out Blaziken, Victini, and was balanced by Serperior, all three who looked unwell as well as Aeon. As soon as the lights came on, Aeon flipped his hood down, and the crowd cheered their approval.

"Umbreon, Cut, Missy, you know what to do, Houdinia, make him Sleep, then Dream Eat him!" His Pokemon did as they were told, Umbreon cutting the Blaziken, Houdinia making the Serperior fall asleep, then using Dream Eater, and Missy floating where she was. A light encompassed her, and she transformed into Mismagius, he next evolution. Aeon had wanted to use this in an actual fight, but there was no going back now. Aeon, before arriving at the center, had hidden a Dusk Stone in a special pouch on Missy, and when the illusion broke, the pouch was supposed to open, and it did, working perfectly, and getting the desired wow effect.

"Missy, Giga Impact!" Missy did, and their opponent declared a KO.

Aeon had won his semi-finals, even if it was fake. The roar of the crowd did nothing to remind him of it.

Emberlynn watched Aeon fight. It was amazing as usual, but it didn't have his usual spice that usually added to it. Something wasn't right. She shrugged it off. She always had superstitions that usually turned out to be false anyway. She looked to the board. The Finals. They would be tomorrow. They weren't very good at planning time wisely. She walked to meet Aeon as he made his way back in, Scyther already healed and sent back to her parents. She walked over to Aeon. He looked pale...

She grabbed Aeon and held him still while she felt his forehead.

"Aha! I knew there was a reason why you weren't fighting seriously. This tournament is getting to you, huh? Well, let's go back to the hotel and rest for a while. You look like you need to rest..."

She grabbed his hand and lead him to the hotel and leading him to her room when they got there. She laid him down on one of the beds, putting a cool cloth on his head.

"You have a fever Aeon...You need to take it easy when your sick. Moving around will only make it worse...Rest here for the rest of the day. Take it easy. I will be here too if you need me" she walked over to her bag and pulled out a canister of vitamins. She pulled out a vitamin c gummi that she used to get her daily value of Vitamin C. She held it in front of Aeon's mouth.

"Take this. It will make you feel better. With plenty of rest today, you should be ready to go by tomorrow for the finals! I don't want to have to win by default because you were sick. Get better, k?" She laid on the free bed, turning on her portable music player and starting to draw. She liked to capture moments in her pokemon's lives sometimes and now as as good as time as ever because Jolt was laying at the end of the bed she was on, sleeping. She started to sketch his sleeping figure, intently focused on getting all Jolt's good sides.

Lying on the bed in Emberlynn's room was quite odd to Aeon, who was still a little shy around her. Yet, after the match, he found his ailment decidedly worse, and he could barely look into the light. He feared it was the confetti bomb at the sushi place yesterday, but Emberlynn seemed to be fine.

Light colored bubbles popped in front of his eyes, a product of the sickness. "Emberlynn," he said, his voice a whisper, "I really like you." He shook his head, not exactly sure why he had said it. It was true, but that wasn't something you said to someone you met a few days ago. Was it? Taking the medicine from her and eating it, he thought on it.

Little sparkles flew above his vision just as he fell into a fever-addled sleep filled with crazy impossible dreams.

Emberlynn blushed as Aeon said, weakly, "I really like you." She remembered the first time James had told her that. It had made her heart skip a beat. This had the same effect as that time. She put down her pad and walked over to Aeon, taking the cloth and rewetting it in ice cold water. Before she set it back down, she felt his forehead. His fever had gone down a little, but it was still persisting. She placed the cool cloth on his forehead and bent over. Her face was right next to his and now he looked like he was sleeping. Her face flushed bright red as she placed her lips on his softly and then pulled away.

"You may really like me Aeon, but I'm in love with you...I know...we just met a few days ago...but something about you drew me to you..." She placed her hand on his cheek, looking at him gingerly. She then moved it as she walked over to the canister and came back, placing it by his side. She wrote him a note telling him to take another one in the morning, just in case she fell asleep when he woke up. She went back to drawing Jolt who had been sleeping all through this.

The sun looked to be setting now and Emberlynn was done with her drawing, placing on her side table and walking over to her clothing, grabbing a pair of pajamas and stepping into the shower. A shower would feel nice after all this. Aeon wasn't very light. His muscles made it hard to help carry him to the bed. The shower helped melt her cares away. She wondered if when she came out in her pj's if Aeon would still be asleep.

Emberlynn's soft words woke Aeon up, and he heard the final few. He felt her cool hand on his burning face, an ice cube in a fire. His eyelids felt heavy, glued shut, as if he had been sleeping for a century. Hearing her footsteps tread into the bathroom, Aeon forced them to open, and although he couldn't force his body to get up, he was able to smile a little, the icy water dripping down his face.

When the door opened, Aeon slowed his breathing down, pretended to still be asleep. He was feeling a little better, but knew if he tried moving around again, he might be too sick tomorrow. Curse being sick at a time like this, at such a crucial point in time. Should he win the Tournament, and be able to right his past wrongs with the winnings, or let Emberlynn win, because he knew she probably has something she needs, desperately? There would be future Tournaments, but none this big. He decides that he should fight for the Tournament, but if it becomes clear to him that she is not winning, he would let her win. Because he believed he loved her.

Even if it was only a few days since he met her, even if they might never see eachother after the finals, he was beginning to have feelings for her. She brought light to his world, more so than battling or training ever did. After his beloved Analyss died, his heart froze, letting no one in, shutting the world out, until he had met Emberlynn. She brought the light back into him, his smile, he even cut his hair again, began taking care of himself. Analyss was his sister, who he had loved more than anything. When she died, it was like the whole world was crashing around him, and it was his fault.

Because it was.