3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Modern, Yaoi

CAST xLIST xxxxx INTEREST xCHECK xxxxx OUTx OFx CHARACTER xxxxx IN xCHARACTER xxxxx PLAYLIST

Welcome to the world of the Electric Saints. You have arrived at the INTEREST CHECK. Electric Saints is an upcoming Redstar RP that will be hosted by @Viscera and her GM, @Malfis. Because of the mature nature of this rp, it is 18+ only, but that should be a given, considering that it is a redstar. However, just because ES is a redstar rp does NOT mean it will be sex-driven. This roleplay is very plot-based so if you're looking for somewhere to get your smut on (And only your smut on) look elsewhere. ES will have a plethora of adult motifs; drugs, sex, fighting, etc. If you are not a fan of these themes, then this rp likely will not be for you. Here at Electric Saints, we value content over post-length, and have flexible posting schedules. The roleplay will be of an adept level.

POSTING LEVEL: Adept
POSTING SCHEDULE: Weekly

Thank you for taking an interest in Electric Saints! If you have any questions, feel free to ask via PM or in the INTEREST CHECK thread.
The year of 2082 is an age that, at first, humanity had looked upon as the height of man's technological successes, and, near its close, humanity saw as a time of unparalleled and terrifying destruction. September 23rd and an undisputed silence fell across the Earth as citizens of all countries gathered to watch from massive screens in crumbling city centers as the blue horizons of the United States were painted black with the smoke and ash of exploding nuclear warheads-- the result of a brutal war that came to be known as "The Great War". Life seemed to come to a standstill as the country is ripped apart, leaving but a skeleton of the former behemoth in its wake. When the bombings subside, America is in shambles, more than half of which has been reduced to unrecoverable wastelands, cities that became graveyards in a matter of seconds. The habitable land, a mere fraction of what used to be, is divided into sectors with ministers appointed by an elusive, yet massively powerful, government to serve as pioneers of reconstruction and breathe a new life into the decimated nation.

15 years later and in the place of Las Vegas, Nevada, Sector 13, a cesspool of organized crime and corrupt officials, is alive and well. Nicknamed the Neon City, it is home to much of the nation's poverty, boasting soaring rates of murder, shady backroom deals, and an often absent minister-- all of which is disguised by a bustling nightlife scene and a constant, neon glow from the many signs that pollute every street. With the lack of an effective administration, a power vacuum in the city forms, and the numerous groups of ragtag thugs are more than eager to fill it. Rival gangs fighting for dominance make turf wars commonplace, and the sounds of pulse guns going off in the dead of night are nothing out of ordinary in 13. Drug usage skyrockets on the streets, as it offers a distraction from the hellish reality that many residents find themselves embroiled in, unable to escape.

On the edge of town, in an old, long abandoned chapel, a man known as the Reverend runs an infamous trap house. Advertised as a place perfect for "those bored with their demons", it is open to the public only during the ungodly hours of the night, where many go to lose themselves in dim lighting and loud music. From there, the Reverend distributes a drug of his own, signature creation, dubbed Synthia. The drug is unlike any other in both potency and effect, creating realistic "dreamscapes" that leaves the user in a trance for a certain period of time and induces intense, often euphoric, emotions that many have found themselves unable to feel on their own. Synthia, gains popularity, amassing a huge following, of loyal addicts scrambling to get their next dose. Attempts by competition to replicate the drug have remained largely unsuccessful, leaving the drug, and the Reverend, virtually unopposed. With the help of his closest aides, his seven Electric Saints, the Reverend quickly begins his ascent to power as Sector 13 is increasingly brought under his control. The Synthia market becomes one of 13's most successful, and illegal, ventures, with its influence spanning all corners of the Neon City.

The Reverend quickly assumes his rightful place on the metaphorical throne of 13, presiding over the city with an iron fist. He stamps out rival gangs, either by force or by assimilation and subjugation through means of a tribute system, crushing all who threaten to overtake him. Those who pledge their loyalty are spared, and in turn the Reverend makes certain that their neighborhoods are kept safe and their bellies full. Thus begins the dawn of the most order, though still highly corrupt, highly illegal, 13 has ever known. Not a single person doesn't know his name, and yet, not a single person, aside from his Saints, knows his face. He remains completely shrouded in secrecy, an untouchable, omnipotent enigma-- a God and his disciples, his Electric Saints.

--

It took all of them by surprise; not a single person had foretold it, had expected it. The death of the Reverend.

The Saints, sensing the formation of a second massive power vacuum, one to rival the first, swear amongst themselves to keep The Reverend's passing a secret. For twenty-two days, life in Sector 13 continues normally-- the ordinary citizen wakes up in the morning and diligently goes to work, before spending the rest of the night at one of the Neon City's numerous clubs or with one of the many prostitutes posted at each street corner. For twenty-two days, the Saints manage to keep everything in order, manage to pose as if the illustrious Reverend still sits atop his mighty throne.

But the Saints, each highly ambitious individuals with personal vendettas of their own to satisfy, quickly find that the allure of power, of assuming the Reverend's legacy and domination of 13, proves to be far too tempting to resist. The Synthia empire becomes enveloped in a subtle game of wits and extortion between the seven, until, on the twenty-third day, word leaks to the public by an anonymous specter that the Reverend is dead. Chaos ensues as the Saints turn to each other to point the finger and draw their guns as riots rage on outside. Subtlety is thrown to wind as what began as a tactical conflict is blown up into a brutal battle of influence and deceit, of bullets and blood. The Saints themselves are split into two groups, The Purgatory Syndicate, and Vanguard, with the Synthia empire falling in the hands of the affluent Vanguard. People become pawns in the wake of the Reverend's demise, a godless time when the fallen run free.

Last edited:

(Note: Thanks to Mily for the awesome trailer!)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
giphy.gif

I let the gif speak for itself​

Oh my gosh, such aesthetic!

My interest is piqued, I would love to be a part of this if possible.

• Love
Reactions: Viscera
Oh my gosh, such aesthetic!

My interest is piqued, I would love to be a part of this if possible.
Of course! We'd love to have you :-)

• Thank You
Reactions: Cheek
This looks awfully tempting... :o
I have a character who would fit right in here. Is it just modern or is there low fantasy elements too?

• Love
This looks awfully tempting... :o
I have a character who would fit right in here. Is it just modern or is there low fantasy elements too?
It's sci-fi with realistic limits, but as far as fantasy elements go, there's no superpowers, special races, etc.

There are weapons like pulse guns that use lasers instead of bullets, sonic bombs, etc. There's different kinds of made up drugs and google glass-esque technology, but nothing like floating cities and whatnot. All that kind of stuff will be explored further when I get the terminology up, but you're free to suggest stuff as well :-)

You got me... Interested :)

• Love
Can there be augmented reality technology?

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
Haha okay! :P That's so funny. Hmm, I am interested!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mglo
Hmm, I dont know. when augmented was mentioned I started thinking augmentation like Deus Ex games :P

Hmm, I dont know. when augmented was mentioned I started thinking augmentation like Deus Ex games :P
ill allow augmentation as well, so long as it doesnt give your character OP abilities like being able to fly with your robot jetpack legs

This caught me pretty quickly~

I'm interested. Can't wait to learn more once its in OOC/signups.

@Pray4me

Dynamic Duo bish

Hello! I have an interest as well :D

• Love
Reactions: MUSΞ
Status
Not open for further replies.