Darkest Dungeon has nothing on Dwarf Fortress. No game will ever be able to match DF's ability to make you feel safe and secure, then everything crumble in a blink of an eye.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: lepidoptera
@lepidoptera are you saying we're just the medieval fantasy breakfast club?

Cool? I'm so cool my name is call Ice-Blade.

@irregular-neptune Yes.
That is exactly what I'm saying.

Also, @Hearthridge I know what you mean. I had one fort that never had anything bad happen to it, though of course it was submerged underneath the sea and surrounded by green glass. I eventually fast-forwarded that map, drained the sea, and made the temperature go crazy to have post-apoc dwarf fort. Uh, where am I going with this... Dwarves are neat.

@NeoM8rix Of course Eren's the first to reach out to Sylva - and also, damm right. You're cool. Like Stalhrim. Cool as ice -

- hey guys uh

Denoran fixeded the lock! @SyntheticDovahkiin
Let's just hope nobody heard that! (Or maybe we're hoping they did. So we can start a few fights?!)

when time permits remind me to make a breakfast club tag image for this group I'll do it I'll 100% do it

• Love
Reactions: TallDarknBeastly
This will be you guys by the time you leave the Deadlands:

• Nice Execution!
Got a platter of fried peppers and sauerkraut.
Let's do this. (Also, I'm looking forward to our strongth by the time we're good to go. We're not locked in here with them, they're locked in here with - oh we are locked in here with them

dang)

gotta jet again sorry I'LL RETURN feel free to take a few shots at placidus i swear he's good for it

Last edited by a moderator:
GM Break over.

• Nice Execution!
Sorry, I got bogged down in medical bull.
Now back to heaping angry pseudoroman curses at a murdertriceratops that will probably kill us all to be honest
Also, whenever I'm needed but not present, @Hearthridge is free to GM puppet me. I don't forsee that happening a lot, though, but I feel like that's a good thing to mention now.

Anyway, let's see if Eren and Placidus can hurt the Clanfear's feelings enough that it goes away peacefully and then we can befriend it somehow.
Unless it killed one of the plot prisoners, in which case ONLY MURDER WILL SATE MY NEED FOR JUSTICE

Do you want a count of how many prisoners the Clanfear killed?

• Nice Execution!
uhhhhhhh
can we pass it off as trying to propitiate mehrunes dagon

I will post when I get home in a bit. Out and about getting all snazzier up.

@Hearthridge No hurry. We're a patient lot! Treat yourself right, yeah?

Also Placidus, cheering at Sylva - @Applo

"Brilliant tactical move, can you bring us our stuff, so glad you're gonna help us with those sneaky skills - hey where are you - is this my aorta how can i taste my aorta"
Probably the sanest response, to be fair. I mean who rushes a Clanfear?!

• Haha
Reactions: Applo
@lepidoptera Honestly I feel really bad for Placidus. He got the worse of it in this fight.

• Sweet
Hey, in case it wasn't known, feel free to utilize your environment to your advantage! Salvage supplies or improvised weapons! Feel free to message me, or @ me, with questions in the OOC media so we don't clog the IC.

• Love
@NeoM8rix
Ah, thank you, but don't worry. Hearthridge and I just met, but we're bonding over a mutual sadism. Placidus can take it, probably! He even had a lil' PTSD flashback there. I'm sure he's fine. Anyway, nothing that some healing magic can't fix, right? The wounds, not the rest of it. Anyway, good call on actually trying to use a weapon, which leads us to...

@Hearthridge
Oh, this is a good point. Let me/us know if our plans are taking too much liberty, or whatnot. Right now, I'm gonna have Placidus try to electrocute the beating innards of this pointy-fronded bastard, since it seems like a very Placidus thing to do. Uh, basically Eren and Placidus are gonna use a combo attack, because the last one worked so well, maybe try to let the Atronach down this guy, if we can.

You guys are always welcome to join me laughing at Cyprian's pain, by the way.
Also, I'm dying that Sylva just nope'd out of here, and successfully. Hopefully she'll find something useful, if not for uh - doubling back and saving us, for escaping? Can you pickpocket Dremora?..

also what daedroth is the singular cripes I've been screwing that up for years and i KNOW it's come up in-game what the heck

Reactions: TallDarknBeastly
Haha, well, the term Daedroth is typically reserved for the three meters of hulking, scaled, fire-breathing death and I used the etymological root just to give everyone pause. Like 'when the fuck did a Daedroth get here!?' And then let the realization set in that even minor Daedra are not as weak as the games portray.

• Nice Execution!
Not to mention we've been captive for who knows how long, and are scarred from the traumatic disappearance/death of some fellow prisoner/prisoners.

On that note, Clanfear has always struck me as a goofy name, which is another reason I like TES as a series.
See also: Netches.

Notches are downright dangerous, too. In addition to their barbed tentacles, they also have poisons that will cripple and kill you. Also, I imagine the name clanfear is derived from the communal nature of the simulacra. They tend to move in packs and do have territory wars with other Daedra. Plus, to see a pack of them charging at your position would give anyone pause and does strike fear into most people's hearts.

• Useful