Maniacal laughter.

You think the Divines are going to help you.

• Love
Reactions: lepidoptera
@lepidoptera if only we knew a Thief or someone who was good with the pic lock

• OMG
I mean, I dunno about any Divines, but locks are man made and they all have their flaws. It just takes one good thief to break em.

• Love
@NeoM8rix idk how good of a thief he is.... he did get caught, after all

• Sympathy & Compassion
@NeoM8rix idk how good of a thief he is.... he did get caught, after all
Ugghh Talos help me. Why do I care anyway? My character has only one day left to serve. All he did was bunch of guy at a Tavern. He doesn't even remember what the argument was about.

• According to Plan
Well, I'm fashionably late to the OOC pre-IC party, but - I think we've got more to worry about than locks...
ANYWAY GUYS, I'VE GOT AN AMAZING PLAN
I'M GONNA TRY TO
TO
ARREST THE DAEDRA -

(he thought about it. didn't do it.)

also, since this is now the OOC Party Palace, I like the use/integration of 'stuff we know unique to our characters.' it's a really cool feature that I might use myself if/when I get around to running some campaigns, if that's fine? Anyway, fantastic intro. I'm already on tenterhooks about Bad Things Happening!

also also, are we possibly going to encounter Talent in this nightmarish place, or are we likely to meet up with them elsewhere if we don't die in the Deadlands? (feel free to jump at my lore if it's wrong, everyone.) But, I mean, if we do, if they're here, too...

FOLKS WE GOTTA SAVE TALENT (and possibly whomever else gets in here, p.s. get in EVERYONE)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SyntheticDovahkiin
I see things are looking a little fuller than this morning. For consideration if there still spots open.

• Name
    Sylva.

Race
    Imperial (probably).

Appearance
    If someone had to describe Sylva in one word that word would almost certainly be scruffy. Her shoulder length hair is untidy cut and will often have mud or other detritus caked into it while her bluey-green eyes are normally surrounded by the dirt and grime. On the whole her face is somewhat sharp and angular and this combined with small tight lips to give Sylva a naturally disapproving expression. Standing at just over five foot tall she has a small wiry frame with narrow shoulders and hips and only slight muscles.

Clothes wise, Sylva favours simple and practical garb in muted, unflashy colours; often greys and dark green, that help the wearer sink into the background rather than making them stand out. Generally her clothes are in varying states of disrepair, depending on when she acquired them.

Personality
    Life on the streets has stripped much of the softness away from Sylva replaced it with bountiful amounts of cynicism, mistrusts and self reliance that combine to make her cold and calculating. She isn’t one for making friends. She makes allies, allies that will be discarded once they are no longer of value to her or once the cost of keeping faith with them becomes more than she is willing to pay.

That being said this cold heartedness isn't always apparent to those who don’t know her. Sylva understands the value of appearances and has a personality for every occasion. Scared little girl, loyal companion, besotted lover or even bloodthirsty psychopath, Sylva will wear whatever mask best advances her agenda at any given moment.

History
    Sylva was the product of an intense and brief love affair. Very brief. Her mother never saw the man again after that night. Sylva’s grandparents disowned their daughter when the pregnancy started to show and forced her from the family home. Pregnant, alone and homeless Sylva’s mother made her way to Anvil hoping the city would provide a niche for her and her unborn child. It did. Unfortunately though it was not a nice niche. With precious little coin to her name name mum had to rent a squalid room above a shop in the city docks. Work was even harder to find. No respectable business wanted to hire her and she was reduced to doing a whole range of unsavory jobs for a pittance. Sylva’s earliest memory is of hunger and waiting all day for her mother to come home with a few scraps of food that cost most of what she’d earned that day.

Sylva fell into to crime simply enough. Hunger would drive her to try and steal food whenever she saw it. At first it was just the leftovers on tables in taverns but before long she was swiping loaves of bread and wheels of cheese. She was often caught in these early years but shopkeepers and tavern staff when faced with a small, dirty, painfully thin tearful little girl tended to relent. One or two would clip her along the ear and take back their products; many would let the girl go, feeling charitable as they did so. What this did for Sylva, however, was act as an education of how not to get caught.

By the time she was eleven, some of the city's criminal element had started to take notice of the budding young thief. A Khajiit street gang took Sylva under their wing and it proved a profitable relationship for both parties. She was able to move about the city far more freely than any of the members of the gang and act as a scout and a lookout. In return they taught her the finer arts of lock picking and pick pocketing. This arrangement worked for the better part of ten years as Sylva sunk further into Skyrim criminal underworld and the gang become bolder and more ambitious in its targets. Eventually, they got too ambitious.

An attempt to rob a house in the Guildgate district they thought was empty went badly wrong. Instead of finding an empty house ripe for the picking, what Sylva and her associates found was a squad of well armed guards who were ready for a scrap. It turned out the merchant that owned the house had hired several retired city guardsmen to watch the house in his absence. Some of the gang tried fighting their way out only to fall to the guards blades. Sylva was smart to realize the game was up and with a choice between imprisonment and dying chose the former option.

Strengths
    Light Fingered: A lifetime's worth of practice means that unless someone is really sharp, then Sylva can be quite a long away away before they notice how much their purse has lightened.

Stealthy: Be it the city guard, irate citizens or other street dwellers, for Sylva there are plenty of people by whom it is better not to be seen and so she’s learnt to make sure she isn't.

Lands on her feet: A strong sense of balance and good coordination make Tamsyn quite acrobatic. She doesn’t get knocked down easily and often springs up quickly if she does.

Weaknesses
    Small: Years of going hungry severely stunted Sylva’s growth and development. As a result she is not physically very strong and is a good deal more delicate than the average person.

Barely educated: Education never really figured much in Sylva’s life. She has some limited mathematical ability but reading and writing are subjects largely outside her wheelhouse.

Totally untrained: Sylva has had no training or real experience with using weapons. She understands the basics of how to use a sword or knife; namely to put the sharp bit in her enemies but that's it. She’s never actually used a weapon in anger.

Last edited:
I will open up a sixth slot if Talentless pops on in, but @Applo , Sylva is accepted!

@lepidoptera If Talent pops on in, their character will be in the Deadlands as well.

nameless Redguard friend I faileeeeed youuuuuuuuu :cry:
Placidus will have an angry cry about it, later.

Also, hopefully you'll make the cut, Applo! I feel the certain... Je ne sais quoi of this group is becoming apparent.
It's the best. I love it.

Good...good...

The tone has been set.

• Love
RIP Redguard guy, we will (probably not) always remember you

• Sympathy & Compassion
An imperial haiku:

being in deadlands sux
why are daedra so mean
rip redguard friend

- placidus

p.s. do we have the mod on that allows us to attack the lock, surely if we do that while Maxim is working it we can't screw things up further

ALSO - for your listening pleasure.

I'm pretty sure this is whatever plays when Hearthridge laughs (maniacially)

I am offended by this haiku. FIVE-SEVEN-FIVE. NOT SIX-SIX-FOUR!

what if we just punch the lock until it opens.... who needs maxim

• OMG
Also, mods are not allowed on our Skyrim 76 server. We will also be featuring 95% less NPC's and stunted PVP capacity! I hope you enjoy!

• According to Plan
IT'S AN IMPERIAL HAIKU GEEZE

Nothing like the Akaviri original. Anyway...
I was tempted to make it SIX SIX SIX
But next time I'll do it right. (Probably.) [I've been known to lie.]

irregular-neptune said:
who needs maxim

I do. This group is entirely too barbaroi and when we get out we're going to need someone who is cool to remind us of the fine things in life and also steal coins and sometimes hearts. I mean, I do approve of the 'punchitfornogoodreasonstrategy' but still. I mean, take a look at this!
moiself said:
I feel the certain... Je ne sais quoi of this group is becoming apparent.
And you know who is part of that essential thrown-in French? Maxim.

actually... can we punch the dremora until they open
that sounds kina cool

Hearthridge said:
I hope you enjoy!

You are a monster, but I'm okay with that. <3

also i gotta get food but i am digging that placidus' brilliant plan is HEY NORD WE CAN DIE SLIGHTLY SLOW ENOUGH THAT MAYBE ONE OF THESE DUDES CAN ESCAPE BRILLIANT PLAN I AM A LEGIONARY

steal coins and sometimes hearts.

Maxim steals all the hearts tbh

also are you saying that Maxim is one of the cool kids? because he's just a huge nerd

• Love
OH NO, HE STOLE ANOTHER HEART

Yeah, well, I mean - take a look at our group.
Our group is 'Cool' in the same way the Breakfast Club was cool.
Which is still cool, but my point stands; of our cool loser, he's the coolest nerd.

Also I'll be back asap, if some action happens while I'm doing dinnery things, @Hearthridge feel free to hit Placidus with the Scary Dice or whatever you wanna use. I'm a Darkest Dungeon vet, I can take it. I BELIEVE IN US GUYS