Ooooh - I hadn't thought of it like that.
Actually, that's one thing I'd love to see a bit more of in games. TES had Cliff Racers everywhere, but 'packs' of critters are always interesting to me. And a bit tricky to deal with unless you've got magic or a very specific enchanted weapon, but - an abrogation* of clanfears, roaring up at the sky? That sounds pretty damn menacing.

*this is just me attempting to creating a fancy name for a pack. I also always love thinking - what'd the average folk think of this or that? But that's because I like characters that might be average, too. Or would've been, under different stars...

Haha, well, the Cliff Racer thing was a coding issue that became canon when they acknowledged it with the legacy of St. Juib. What I like the most about this opening scene is that defeating the clanfear won't have killed it, since you can't truly kill a Daedra. Even soul trapping them means you just harvest their power, since they don't have true souls. And I also have a penchant for playing the mundane, the normal, character in stories like this. To achieve what you achieve, not by power or divine favor, but by strength of virtue. I have some fun plans for the future for yall.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: lepidoptera
Since I'm popping in before popping over the day, I think we'll actually pull through this - I'm always a little worried in every combat, but our squad of ultimate badasses can't be beat! (Probably.) More seriously, hrmn, is it okay if I try to do a crummy graph of our chunk of Deadlands as we go? I've always been a fan of it, probably because of Wizardry/M&M...

Anyway, hopefully we'll get a chance to catch our breath and make proper introductions, maybe scrabble together some things.
and seriously guys don't worry about placidus it's only a few tendons, what do tendons even do i meann

Are you saying you want to be the party cartographer so y'all know where you are and have been? If so, do it. Because I can painstakingly describe every room down to the minutia of details.

• Creative
Placidus side-eyeing Maxim @irregular-neptune like:
'what a dutiful fellow, so quick on his feet, too. and noble, loyal - he must not have been entertaining even a sliver of desire to escape this WRETCHED HELLFERNO, courageous, too... my, ao-rta, has somebody... seen it... is he looking at us like that'

(I swear, he's not so tactically inept. When we're fighting on Nirn soil, against opponents he's fought regularly, he won't be quiiiite so laughable. that being said, I really liked Maxim's train of thought, there - )

And, at @Hearthridge , damn right I am! You'll have to give me awhile to clear up this migraine, but I'll shoot you a PM at some time to make sure that I've got our cell + surrounding environs (maybe where Sylva's off to, as well?) mapped out as we know them. They aren't gonna be the artsiest thing, mind, but we're in a dungeon! Someone cast Mapper, I mean Wizard Eye, I mean -

To all members, please remember that knowing how to close an oblivion gate is NOT common knowledge. It was only discovered after the Kvatch Guard stormed one and overheard how to keep the portal open from a dremora. Your characters would not know how to do it. Even if you are a practitioner of esoteric magic, this has never happened before so no one knows how to close portals.

Just a heads up for the future. Wanted to preempt people saying "let's find that sigil stone!"

• According to Plan
Here's how you close an oblivion gate...

YOU DROWN IT IN DAEDRA BLOOOOOOOD

Also, depending on reception, I may have a tactical map for your perusals, and soonish at that. Naturally, you cool and gentle souls can take a stab at it, too! Comparing maps, ah... It's a really refined pleasure! More importantly, the one I've made up now is very basic, and will likely change as we move on. We don't need to map all of Oblivion, after all! But knowing that we saw the Unbeatable Deathbeasts over yonder might help us get back to home in peace!

map1.png

Now, you can genuflect upon this wonder.
Please, let us all join hands and genuflect.
Together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post is live.

I will be going out of country tomorrow for a few days. I will not be able to post updates until the 10th.

I am opening back up recruitment for a while. One of our players has been MIA due to medical reasons and we will have a spot open. Looking for one more member.

Sooooooooooo, we looking for big dumb nords?

If you're still looking for that extra member, I might be interested depending on what you want.

I know that I'm super late, but is this rp still taking characters?

• Name: Elaynor Lichenbrook
    Race: Bosmer
    Appearance: Elaynor has an extremely gaunt face featuring long, deep dimples, high and pronounced cheek bones, thin lips that hide sharp, small, somewhat crooked and dirty teeth, and otherwise small and mousy features. Her eyes are small and brown. She is almost always scowling, her brow is frequently furrowed, and her nose is often scrunched up as though she is deep in frustrating thought.
    As a bosmer she is quite short: roughly five feet. Her skin is a pale, almost green, tan and she has extremely nubby horns in the far corners of her forehead. Her curly hair reaches down to her shoulders and is dirty blond, often greasy, and parted down the middle just barely revealing her horns. she is skinny and sickly looking, but often drapes her self in extravagant clothing.
    Personality: Not gonna lie, she can be a bitch. She is typically quiet and reserved but she has little tolerance for nonsense. outwardly she has a quick-wit and a sharp tongue and a tendency to come off as believing that she is better than most people due to her sarcasm. She never brags, ever, even when she accomplishes something moderately impressive, she will find a way to downplay her accomplishment. On the other hand, she hands out moderate praise when others do well and remains silent whenever they fail. She is always scheming, always finding ways to get out on top, but rarely does so as it often conflicts with her almost compulsory desire to aid her allies. She is efficient, but often does not perform to her maximum ability due to numerous reasons ranging from self-doubt to sheer panic. she does her best to remain composed but small hints give away her panic while certain situations lead to outright breakdowns.
    She is smart, well read, enjoys literature, poetry, and history.
    She is harsh, but often accidentally.
    She is self-loathing to an extent, and envious of confidence.
    She is hard to get close to, and she is lonely.
    History: The first thirty years of her life were spent in Valenwood, she moved to Cyrodil hoping to learn magic in her forties, as she had a natural aptitude for it, but she does not discuss this period of her life. Finally, she migrated to Morrowind in her eighties, where she made money as a traveling magician performing healing and enchanting.
    At some point, she found herself on Vvardenfell where she, naturally, found herself imprisoned for providing healing without a license. She does have a license, the Ordinators just didn't listen on account of her appearance and her attitude. (Welcome to Vvardenfell, outlander!)
    Strengths: Magically apt, she can heal with magic or potions. She can enchant in the right conditions (not on the spot, not with black soulgems, not typically in a rush, very rarely under pressure) and has a strong grasp of conjuration and illusion magics. Her greatest strength is conjuration, specifically necromancy.
    Weaknesses: She is physically inept in combat, the most she can do is swipe and stab with a knife, not a dagger, a knife. She cannot cast destruction spells aside from basic touch spells. She is socially inept.
    Other: She's pretty good at singing!

This was rushed so please let me know if its acceptable or not!

Last edited:
@Red crow @caligari @Hell Hound Woof

Hey! Sorry I have been a bit late to my own post, haha. The days coming up to the holidays are hitting work hard. For the intrigue of depth and to expand the experience, I will allow the three of y'all to drop your characters and we will go from there! Well, the two of you since Crow already did so.

Still looking for a couple more players! @Red crow , were you still interested? Dunno if you saw my post from a couple weeks ago or not.

Definitely still interested, I just didnt have much to add to the last post! If needed I can catch up on the story and post later today/tomorrow

Fantastic! I'll add you to the roster and, if you use Discord, feel free to join the group so you can keep up-to-date on the happenings. Still waiting on one of my players to post, then I will make a GM post, then it's fair game for you to hop in!