Eerie picture prompt

D

Draugvan

Original poster
Tesseract underground.jpg
In less than 300 words, tell me what happens next?​

A robotic powersuit falls from the light squares and looks directly at you. It starts screeching out, sounding like a mix between white noise and gears grinding and begins to march in your direction. In the powersuit's hands is an object that goes from gun shaped to some kind of 5-pointed razor thing with a bright blue light in the center. It is pointed directly at you and starts to glow bright and brighter. You feel a pull at your front, as if the thing is sucking you closer and closer. Everything in you is screaming that this is not friendly and this very well might hurt.

Reactions: Draugvan
What happens next is the rest of his life, and he's standing there like an idiot as It passes him. It is a finely-layered tesseract in perpetual movement around the Earth, each perceivable surface compounded of so many additional surfaces as to bear semblance to LED screens. It was diligently premeditated to appear at this longitude and latitude -- East Coast, Delaware -- at the precise date of September 11th, 2028, between the times 11:00 pm and 1:30 am. It is now roughly 8 meters off of the ground, and he could reach if he tried, if he had any inkling of the understanding that you do.

Feigning cluelessness throughout this -- "This is urgent!"

He turns to you with that terrible, deer-like expression. You cut him off.

"You know what to do, Danny! Mount a street lamp and climb before we miss this!"

Sixteen years, going seventeen, stares back with a gaping mouth and backpack, likewise, barely zipped. Something turned him inattentive tonight. You can see some of yourself in that; you've gotten lazy. Right now, You're paralyzed; your attention is split between the boy and the tesseract, creeping along like a city bus looking for passengers. You've proven a bad example -- you've come to terms with the fact, but right here, right now, it's the worst possible thing you could be, and you almost hate yourself as bad as you know you will if your entire existence proves arbitrary in the sixty or so seconds Danny and you have left.

"Danny, please. You disappointment, just-- You know what to do. You can make it!"

Your son wants to say something, but he can't, because he's never seen you like this before. It doesn't matter because you're never going to see him again. If all goes according to calculations.

"Just do it," you beg to his turned back. Silently, your only son grabs a lamp, and you can't watch as he enters the portal in the nick of time.

(( I went over at 333. Lol is this even eerie?

• Sympathy & Compassion
What happens next is the rest of his life, and he's standing there like an idiot as It passes him. It is a finely-layered tesseract in perpetual movement around the Earth, each perceivable surface compounded of so many additional surfaces as to bear semblance to LED screens. It was diligently premeditated to appear at this longitude and latitude -- East Coast, Delaware -- at the precise date of September 11th, 2028, between the times 11:00 pm and 1:30 am. It is now roughly 8 meters off of the ground, and he could reach if he tried, if he had any inkling of the understanding that you do.

Feigning cluelessness throughout this -- "This is urgent!"

He turns to you with that terrible, deer-like expression. You cut him off.

"You know what to do, Danny! Mount a street lamp and climb before we miss this!"

Sixteen years, going seventeen, stares back with a gaping mouth and backpack, likewise, barely zipped. Something turned him inattentive tonight. You can see some of yourself in that; you've gotten lazy. Right now, You're paralyzed; your attention is split between the boy and the tesseract, creeping along like a city bus looking for passengers. You've proven a bad example -- you've come to terms with the fact, but right here, right now, it's the worst possible thing you could be, and you almost hate yourself as bad as you know you will if your entire existence proves arbitrary in the sixty or so seconds Danny and you have left.

"Danny, please. You disappointment, just-- You know what to do. You can make it!"

Your son wants to say something, but he can't, because he's never seen you like this before. It doesn't matter because you're never going to see him again. If all goes according to calculations.

"Just do it," you beg to his turned back. Silently, your only son grabs a lamp, and you can't watch as he enters the portal in the nick of time.

(( I went over at 333. Lol is this even eerie?
Hey! Hey!! You went over the word limit! But since you confessed, I'll let you off.

Your writing was weird. Mostly because I, as the reader, am finding all these things out about myself Q.Q like I have a son.

Nice work.

Hey! Hey!! You went over the word limit! But since you confessed, I'll let you off.

Your writing was weird. Mostly because I, as the reader, am finding all these things out about myself Q.Q like I have a son.

Nice work.
It was beyond cutting redundant words I think so I'd have to rework sentences and I was like "hm. i have to leave in an hour" lolol

Gosh I'm glad you like it... Second person / present tense is real fun to write.

The cold floor was the first thing he noticed followed by the pounding in his ears and head. His eyes opened and the empty hallway filled his vision even though squinted eyes. Pushing up from the floor, he was immediately surrounded by walls of light that fell from above him. Heat seemed to enter him from all directions and in his confusion he just stood there not even attempting to flee.

Three quick beeps were followed by a very electronic voice. ~Prisoner 79504389 identified. Welcome to the maze. You have one hour to escape, good luck.~

The walls ascended back to their place above him and he heard a hissing noise behind him. Something told him not to look but he didn't listen. The floor was moving toward him as he backed up step by step. He turned and began running in the opposite direction. ~59 minutes remaining. good luck~