Editor Troubles, Bug Notes!

Have you tried the BBCode editor? >>
For the font? It doesn't allow me to edit other people's posts.

For my posts? The rectangles work, but I have to mouse-over them every time to find out which is which since they all look alike.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I use my iPod Touch gen 4 and I don't like the type on the new style of posting. It doesn't appear right away and it delays and also it will automatically freeze and then knock me out of the safari. It's fine on my laptop but I'm the type of person who tries to reply asap.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
^^^ I use the same and feel the exact same way >.> best we can hope for is just helping as much as we can so that te problem can be resolved I guess...

I used to have a bit of the zooming in and out/flipping back and forth when the RP banner rotation thingy was placed at a new spot, each time the banner refreshed, the page would scroll up, then down, which was very inconvenient (I believe to recall it was on all platforms with all browsers as long as no add block was installed.)
It doesn't flick back and forth for me anymore, but maybe the zooming in and out still has something to do with the banner for others?

One thing I have noticed: (iOS, latest version, Safari, iPad 3)
When hitting enter to go to a new line, it refuses to automatically begin the line with a capital letter. I either have to manually punch the shift button, or write a letter, hit backspace, and then the automatic capitalization of the first letter pops up.
It does work fine after just a . and continuing on the same line, but once an enter is brought into play, it refuses.
FYI, on all other locations (other websites, Pages, notes, email, etc) the caps problem does NOT occur. Also, while the rich text editor is off the issue doesn't occur either.

Oh, and I really hate this color for the usernames ^^' icky greenish..

Also another problem I seem to have on the iPod touch gen 4 is that when I'm typing, it will randomly go to a random word that I typed out and will put the words I recently typed there and it's annoying to erase it and when it does that.

Yes like the other person said, in the rich txt editor yours first letter is not a capitalise words.>.> normally on my iphone it goes by itself, but with this editor it doesn't .. Lol. I have to do by myself to make all words at the beginning of the sentence, with a capital T ..

Android phone pretty much the image thing but also I can't seem to use spoiler things either.

I have enabled the old editor on mobile and tablets, I THINK. =___= Someone tell me if that worked?

I have enabled the old editor on mobile and tablets, I THINK. =___= Someone tell me if that worked?

Worked for me (Samsung galaxy s4, whatever the latest OS is)

Yes!! Diana is works now xD. Lol the old one I like it better, at least for the iphone ^^

thank you!!- gives a lovely hug and offers some Oreo biscuits -

Ohi,

I don't think this applies to all Android devices (Samsung Galaxy S2 Browser and the same with my next phone; LG G3 Browser and Chrome), but when I try to respond, the background of the textbox goes from black to a light gray and the text is only slightly lighter. Really hard to see and respond. Other than that, no other problems really.

Sorry to be a pest.. I love the old text editor and that we have it back on mobiles (for now), only thing is, with it an old issue came along for me ^^' on occasion (as in so random I have yet to determine a logical explanation or reasoning but have failed to find one) when I tap the box and start to write, it hasn't properly selected it.
To explain in more detail, I tap the box, a cursor doesn't appear (if I remember correctly, or it does appear but doesn't blink..) but the keyboard does come up. I tend not to look at cursor, but start typing right away.
What then happens is the text is grey, and upon inspection of the bbcode buttons, they are still greed out as if the box was never selected in the first place or deselected after writing. Autocorrect and the like are automatically off the table in this half selected mode
The only way to get all the functions back to normal is to tap next to the text box, and then back on the text I was writing. (Then the text goes white, and the buttons get their correct colors and functionality again)

But I must say I prefer tapping a text box twice, over having to go back and edit in capital letters after every enter ;)

Edit: this happens on an iPad 3 in Safari, latest iOS version

Last edited:
I wonder. Would it be possible to just make the old editor an option, like a check box to use it over the new one?

Reactions: AAB
Sorry to be a pest.. I love the old text editor and that we have it back on mobiles (for now), only thing is, with it an old issue came along for me ^^' on occasion (as in so random I have yet to determine a logical explanation or reasoning but have failed to find one) when I tap the box and start to write, it hasn't properly selected it.
To explain in more detail, I tap the box, a cursor doesn't appear (if I remember correctly, or it does appear but doesn't blink..) but the keyboard does come up. I tend not to look at cursor, but start typing right away.
What then happens is the text is grey, and upon inspection of the bbcode buttons, they are still greed out as if the box was never selected in the first place or deselected after writing. Autocorrect and the like are automatically off the table in this half selected mode
The only way to get all the functions back to normal is to tap next to the text box, and then back on the text I was writing. (Then the text goes white, and the buttons get their correct colors and functionality again)

But I must say I prefer tapping a text box twice, over having to go back and edit in capital letters after every enter ;)

Edit: this happens on an iPad 3 in Safari, latest iOS version
That was an issue that was always there, or for me at least. I have always been on iOS

My screen slowly rises on the mobile version when I type until the text of is out of view

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but using indents in the new editor don't carry over properly when switching between Rich Text Editor and BB Code Editor.

Also, indents seem to go away when you edit the post.

For example, this line is/was indented in my original draft post.

Indents also get messed up if you click Preview.

(Yup. All I did was click edit without making any changes to it, then clicked Save Changes. The indent is now gone.)

---

Separate issue - I forgot to close a fieldset in the rich text editor and when I went to preview it, I was getting an extra phantom fieldset that wouldn't go away (similar to how the old post editor used to do sometimes). When I switched to the BBCode editor though, there was no coding anywhere for the phantom fieldset.

Previewing in the BBCode editor seemed to fix the issue but just wanted to point out that this still occurs with the new editor.

Last edited:
Small issue, but I find the color options standard to this text editor to be really boring. The previous editor had much more interesting (and varied) colors.

I know that we can do custom colors straight from the editor now, but those don't save between posts (that is, if I use a custom color for a post today, that custom color won't be there if I come back to post tomorrow).