Edit Silently

V

viveridereamor

Original poster
Hello kind sir. Hello fair daughter. What are you doing here? I'm having tea. NO, I mean really. What do you think you're doing here? I'm choosing colours for the wedding. The wedding? Yes, I want to choose a text color that suits me. What do you think of this colour? It's too bright. Or this? It's not pretty. How about this one? Meh. You're terribly critical. Who cares? I like this colour. Too bright. You'll get a sunburn. I can go on forever. Really? I'd like to see you try. Huff. Watch me. I like this colour. Too yellow-ish. This one? Closer, but not perfect. You're making this hard on me. I'm just trying to do what's best for my daughter. Then white it is. OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Why did I edit all those posts? I wanted to make them a pretty colour like Ozzie and Sammy. Sucks to be you. I wish I never edited my posts. Like I said, sucks to be you. I have a colour but I hate editing...

Why can't members have the edit silently button on their posts too? They should have it too, or at least an option to do so within their preferences or something of the like. I just hate editing so much...

What do you mean by edit silently? Like a 'last edited' thing doesn't show up?

Yeah, I had it when I was a community volunteer for the forums I moderated for. There was an 'edit silently' option when I wanted to edit my own posts. I found it quite convenient for my usage.

Hmm, seems pointless to me, but I suppose it could be helpful in keeping posts cleaner looking~

Hence why I asked if there could be an option for members to decide whether or not they want it. :P

We don't allow edit silently for normal members, cause people can abuse that to change content in their posts when there's a fight and make it look like they didn't say something. O__O

SHowing when a post was last edited also helps members know content in a post was updated. >>

Mmm... ;~; ... I see your point... but I hate editing...