Ectoplasmic Evicters

• Thread starter camolot the creator
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
(OOC: sorry i haven't updated the thread. i was visiting family in an area with patchy internet service and was unable to get good enough reception on my WiFi hotspot or my phone for internet.)
as i hit the floor of the tunnel, invisible from the entrance, shrouded as it was in darkness, i rolled, hitting the ground with the back of my right shoulder, then rolling forward into a crouched position, bringing my gun up as i did so. a burst of plasma fire resounded through the tunnels, and i heard the sound of collapsing structure. fearing the worst, i ran down the hall, following my own directions in reverse, following the electrical conduit down the tunnel until i saw Jack, looking pale and sickly. it was then that i noticed that his vitals were all over the place: high heart rate, but low BP, almost as if he was losing a large amount of blood, but he wasn't bleeding. i noticed the crushed syringe full of green residue and quickly grabbed a piece coated in it.
"Jack, what-" i began, but was cut off by a loud rumbling sound. several chunks of concrete came down from the ceiling and cracks spread in a webbing pattern across the ceiling. i looked closer at the wall that had been taken down by plasma fire. "good news? Scare has left the building, and maybe the town. bad news?" i turned toward Jack. "that wall was a load bearing wall. the entire building is going to collapse into this tunnel, and we need to leave, now!"

(ooc: S'alright. Better later than never, right? XD)
Jack looked around the room at the chaos he created.
"Well, crap, if I'd've known my charged shot'd do that, I would've just blasted the thing a couple times..."
A large piece of the ceiling fell right above Will, causing Jack to push his friend out of the way as it landed on top of him.
He stood up as if it hadn't even touched him, dusted himself off, and smiled, unaware of what had just taken place.
"That was close. Let's get out of here."

i blinked, unsure if i had really just seen what had occured. after all, it had happened so quickly that i hadn't gotten a good look, but- my train of thought was interrupted by another loud rumbling. i glanced up nervously as a web of newer, deeper cracks spread across the ceiling. "come on, we need to get out of here." i shouldered my Steyr AUG, the strap going over my left shoulder and under my right so i could pull it forward and snap out a shot at a moments notice, but it was still out of the way, then ran down the corridor the way that i had come. "you said the ladder was broken on the other entrance, so the only way out, unfortunately, is through the main lobby of the collapsing building itself. we'd better hurry if we don't want to end up flat." i skidded around the corner at the end, glanced back briefly to ensure that Jack was following me, then climbed out of the tunnels and into the small room at the top. some of the blue plasma fires stilled burned in the untouched corners of the room, while others had gone out or been crushed by falling rubble. this was a problem i hadn't thought of; if something like gas or propane leaked nearby and got contact with the plasma fires, then there would be an explosive reaction, but i couldn't worry about that right now, what with the building coming down on me. i just had to hope that the rubble put out the fires before anything unduly bad happened, and that all evidence linking me to the willful damage and eventual complete destruction of an entire five story building was crushed with the fires. i shuddered at the thought of a damages case against me, and what it would cost.

Jack ran after Will, making his way through the falling debris.
He heard a light hissing sound as he turned the next corner, seeing the light of the entryway not too far away.
Then he smelled the gas.
He saw how the fires were slowly building on the inside of the building, as well as how close Will was to the exit before the entrance was blocked by rubble.
Moving some of the stones out of his way, Jack grabbed Will and shoved him through one of the openings as the fires hit the gas, causing a massive explosion inside, the building toppling from the strain.

Jack pushed me out of the building and i stumbled, but kept running; there was no time to see if Jack was following me, and my only concern at this point was getting out of the range of the rubble. i crossed the street, sliding over the roof of a parked car, catching a glimpse of people taking cover inside an office building before i crouched down behind the car, covering my mouth and nose with the cloth of my lab coat in order to avoid breathing in the dust from the collapsed building. i looked around and realized that Jack wasn't there. panicked, i looked over the car, but couldn't see anything through all the dust, and my Omnigoggles had lost their connection with his when the building had come down, which meant that i had no monitor on his vitals. i stepped around the car and approached the wreckage, gun raised in case any of Scare's henchmen had survived the initial assault and decided not to flee. "Jack?" i called over the sound of shifting and settling rubble.

"What? I'm right here." Jack said as he slid out of the ground. "I'm alive and kickin'. That was fun, wasn't it? We blew up a whole building!"
The building was in shambles, the fires spreading to and fro, as the water mane burst from the pressure, sending geysers of water into the air.
"I advise we leave and rebuild the shop." he said with a big grin, "You can drive, since I'm feeling a bit light headed from all the excitement."

i stared at him in surprise. he seemed extremely... disoriented. "i'm sorry to say this, but we walked here." i raised my eyebrow at him. "was there something i missed? you getting hit over the head with something? hallucinogenic bombs? ME getting hit over the head with something?" then, i remembered the syringe. maybe he had stepped on it and injected whatever was in it into him? could have been something really nasty. i took out the glass shard and examined it for a second, then moved towards my place of business, ignoring the strange looks that i was getting from the people inside of the building behind me. "come on, Jack; something's not right here, and i intend to find out what, exactly, it is."

Jack looked at Will with a curious gaze before following him to their headquarters.
"Why are dere so amny cridders fryin' around this time of dey?
They usely only come out ad night, so what happen' to make 'em so bold?"

He started to become more disoriented as they entered the building, eventually stumbling and falling over, before picking himself up again, only to cough up a greenish blood before falling through the wall into the research area.

"Dat sringe mustuf had sumtin elsh in it besighs ectoplasm...
I freel trerribbible..."
As soon as he said those words, his body was ingulfed in a strange, green glow. He floated to his feet, and spun around in mid-air before touching down and smiling, seeming fine, better than he did before he'd left, in fact.
"Well, that was weird. I guess that's what Scare meant when he said 'one of us.' Maybe we can use this to our advantage."

i turned around and looked at him, quickly absorbing the fact that he had just... levitated.
"whatever this is," i said carefully, "it still could be dangerous. it could be damaging your DNA, your body, your mind- who knows!" i shook my head slightly. "and i think that Scare is too far gone to care." i turned and started walking towards the EE building. i still think we should get back to my lab so we can run some tests, that is... " i stopped momentarily, glancing back uncomfortably as the thought crossed my mind. "if you can even get back through the protective field without it vaporizing you or rejecting your existence."

Status
Not open for further replies.