Eclipse

Alyssa glanced at the old man. He hadn't seemed too keen on her company earlier. "I guess so." She replied. "I'm Alyssa, by the way." They seemed to be far away enough to escape much notice and the bandits were to preoccupied with their spoils to care much. "Looks like we're what's left."

"Yeah I guess so...." Alex replied with a start, this little girl was very very brave and independent. She had a very intimidating spirit. Alex shook her hand and said, "I'm Alex...I'm the oldest one here I think..." He scratched his head and tried to remember how old he was exactly. He thought he recalled something about being 17, but he wasn't exactly sure.

"Well except for Mr. salt n pepper over there." Alyssa smirked slightly, returning the handshake. "Plus I may not look it but I'm 35. Haven't seen many youngers around. You guys must know how to keep your heads down." She kept an eye on their former camp, in case the bandits decided to search the area after all.

(probably should wait for James to catch up here)

(Yeah probably)

Alex blushed embarrassed and looked around at the group that had formed. Four people with hope and fear twirling around inside each of them, but all of them not exactly knowing what to do next.

I look over the group. Two adults two kids, but at least they grow up fast these days. " anyone hear rumors about other survival camps, places to go, places to avoid? It looks like we are all we got."

I wonder how long we'd all last. No shelter little supplies. This wasn't good.

Rene stared at the old camp site, it was torn over and dead, pretty much like the rest of the world. Some one had to live there, you couldn´t reallytell if it had been days ago or years. The world was nothing like before and the people had changed too. A mutant? Rene didn´t like to consider herself one. She had just evolved, or thats what she liked to think. No one would notice unless she showed it... it´s not like there was anyone to show. "Maybe i should go check out the camp site..." She hesitated, it looked so ... alone nothng should be wrong...

"I haven't heard much good coming out of ruins. You know, places that still have some buildings. People living there tend to be pretty territorial and don't like new faces." Alyssa said. After a moment she shrugged. "Other than that it's pretty much pick a direction." She wasn't crazy about the odds either, but there was always the chance they'd bump into other stragglers along their way. She stashed the knife she just realized she was still holding in her bag.

Alex gulped down the fear that was clouding up his emotions. He had to show that he was strong here, that was the only way to survive.
"Maybe we should start moving away from here guys. Those bandits probably will come back for more stuff." He motioned to the group of guys down the hill still rummaging through stuff.

"Bandits..." Andrea cooed, pulling back the cloth that sheilded the little bundle. It was a baby, wriggling and hiccuping back tears. "That's how I found this one" Her voice went rigid, nervous as she looked up to Alex with those faded green eyes.

"We cannot find bandits! No..." She looked down on the baby and turned on her heels to Alyssa, mouth curving up as if she was thinking about what she would say. Andrea had enough of a hard time trying to form a sentance, as well as holding the baby still.

"Does this one know how to care for it?" Her intentions were of the best kind, but the young brunette had no idea how to calm a scared child.

Rene sniffed the air, the smell of a dirty baby, a diaper. The momories of her younger brother came back in the flash, he was too oung back then, he hadn`t mae it. She looked around despretly. "A baby?" She had to find it, a baby couldn`t make it on his own here... not now. She followed her sent toward the hid out. "Baby?"

Alyssa's eyes widened as the somewhat feral girl offered a baby to her. "I can certainly try." She replied, lifting it into her arms. It was of utmost importance that the infant be kept quiet until they were well away. She swaddled it snuggly in a blanket, having heard it was had a calming effect, and put a finger to the baby's mouth so it could suck on her knuckle until she could find something for it to drink. "Where to now?" She asked aloud to no one in particular.

Alex looked down at the child and then back into the faded green eye of the girl he so strangely loved.
"That explains why you were so eager to get your things I guess..." He watched her hand the child to Alyssa and thought to himself, What a strange bunch we are...

Rene walked toward the bunch keeping to the shadows. "Can... can i hold it...." The voice came out harsh, it had been so long sence she had spoken to another person. She didn´t mean t startle them and had kept to the shadows like was her custom.

Alex jumped at the voice and turned to see the girl cowering in the shadows. She looked dirty and tired. He felt bad for her.
"Hey there...." He smiled slightly, "What's your name?"

Andrea was startled by the appearance of another face; one that immediatly asked to hold the child. "No!" She spat, standing between Alyssa and the new woman with her arms outstretched. "No touching my tiny thing!"

Her eyes moved to Alex as he welcomed the girl into their group, asking her name and being kind. She narrowed her eyes, as if she was looking for him to help her in protecting the baby. Her mind raced with possibilities. How did this girl know about the child and what did she want with it?

Rene stepped out of the shadows, she was wearing a dirty cloak that covered her intire body and a hod that hide most of her face. "Rene..." She answered but sh never took her eyes off the baby, it was so small just like here younger brother had been. She lifted her arms toward the baby and te cloak pulled down with the movement, you could see the skin on her hands that had turned into reptil like scales. She quickly pulled them back.

Alyssa reflexively pulled back slightly as the stranger reached out for the baby. She noticed how ragged she looked and caught, just for a moment, a glimpse of the strange markings on her skin. Were they burns? she wondered to herself. At any rate the girl didn't look all that dangerous. Just lost....and confused. Not all that different from themselves if it was really thought about. They had yet to decide where they were headed, and surely one more person wasn't going to make that much of a difference.

(Again, better let James catch up a little here :P )

Alex looked form Rene, to the girl at his side. He pleaded silently with himself to just stay quiet and let them alone, but his stupid mouth decided otherwise.
"What's wrong with your skin?" He said. The moment the words were out, he wanted nothing more than to shove them right back in. He slapped his hand over his mouth and his eyes widened.

"A baby huh better get moving." I didn't wait this kid could give our position away.

A few moments and i head down wind hoping to hide my position. If the group follows this'd be easier. I remembered a place underground that might be livable but it was a long journey

Rene gasped as the the question came out, the harsh truth. "Its.. I.. have a .. skin condition.." All she could think, she hadnt been with another human since a long time and she didnt want anything to make them afraid of her. "Its not contageus" She added quickly shakeing her head.