ECHO - To Aether's End [ RECRUITING BRAND NEW!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raylex's face twisted in anger as the Ruth chanted grossly at her about being a cheerleader. Forcing herself to remain calm after she had taken her seat she decided she'd have enough drama on this ship full of characters without worrying too much about Ruth. Taking a glance at Poe, Raylex watched the blueprints swirl around the room and studied the ship closley, this one was the most advanced she had seen in all her years of crime. She had to admire him for taking on such a damn near impossible task but then again, if this crowd was as skilled as they were headstrong there'd be no stopping them.

Shaking the look of amazement from her face Raylex focused on Poe request for acceptance to the mission. With a toothy grin she spoke with honey tones as she said, "Well of course I'm going, you can't expect to find a more suitable first mate in this bunch other than me now can you?" Darting her eyes directly over to Ruth she made sure their eyes met for a split second to ensure the snide comment was received by the intended party. Smiling slyly to herself Raylex was smug in her self pride, something that made the bigness of her head a potential health hazard to others. Despite being skilled in stealth and leadership Raylex had a tendency to think for herself before her crew and here, that could get her in a lot of trouble if she wasn't careful.

Seeing the mechanical mutt obey Poe's every command to an exceptional point made Raylex wonder just how well the rest of the mutts here would follow orders. Soon she would find out, assuming they all agreed to the mission. Releasing the thoughts to the depths of her brain a new thought came to mind and she sighed heavily, remebering something she had left last time she was in this room. Standing from the couch she walked back to the back of the room so as to get a better view of everyone, however she was actually quietly rummaging through a small desk for something.
Dammit where is that revolver! I never should have let that irresponsible child borrow it! Lifting a few piles of folders in the drawer to feel for the revolver underneath one crashed open onto the floor loudly. Gritting her teeth she bent to pick it up, ignoring the questioning looks and remarks from the others in the room. Skimming the contents Raylex found it was a detailed profile of Winston, full of information ranging from his lineage to his least favorite food.

"Hey! How long have you been keeping tabs on everyone's private life?" Speaking up just enough that Poe could hear her Raylex grabbed the pile of folders and threw them onto the table in front of the couch, crossing her arms and snarling. "Look, I know you had to find out about us before hiring us on but was it really necessary to log things like our food preferences and recent sexual relations? I don't know if I'm the only one but I feel a little pryed into here..." Placing a boot on the table she waited for the room to explode, as she was almost certain it was about to. "What's the big idea?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 people
MAEVE ZARDONE
After viewing the specs of the ship she took some thought into how they could actually acquire a ship of that stature. This group seemed like they could be capable of doing so but more doubts entered into her mind. How could they possibly do something like this. It's a bunch of kids and some murderers... Well I shouldn't be one to talk. She let out a small inaudible sigh before she spoke. "I'll join your crew as whatever you would like me to be. As a pirate thief you should know that I'm an excellent marksman." Their fearless leader seemed to be more knowledgeable than he appeared so she was willing to comply with what he had in mind.

Soon enough the other females of the group were bickering and causing disruptions. It didn't particularly bother her until the red haired woman decided to throw out some information. The looks from the rest of the 'crew' turned to confusion or anger but her expressions remained the same. Mae was never one to show more emotion than necessary to people she doesn't like or doesn't know. As of right now she didn't particularly like the boastful woman called Raylax. The fact that he even did background checks was proof enough for her that he knew what he was getting himself into. "You, woman who keeps opening her mouth, stop doing that. If Poe decided to go ahead and find out every detail about us then he had his reasons. I personally have no qualms with his decision because I have nothing to hide. Obviously you do or am I wrong? And if you're going to go around causing drama within the crew then why are you bothering to stay here? As a self-proclaimed 'greatest first mate' you should know better than to start unnecessary nonsense." She spoke her words in a calm tone so not to mess up her stark exterior. Mae had no tolerance of people who does things just to spite others for no reason. It made no sense to her for people to do that.

Mae took a look around the room to all of the potential candidates one last time before she closed her eyes for a moment. She was not going to bother arguing with stubborn misfits so she kept herself silent until another topic arose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Morton Stray

Within moments of concluding his proposal, one of the members broke out in anger. She looked far too young, especially given that the success of this mission relies on a high degree of professionalism... One of the more violent-looking ones defended Poe's precedence, with a knife griped passionately in her hand. "Oh dearest me...", Morton mumbled to himself. The doctor then slouched forward, and with a clink, covered his glowing eyes with his steel palm, underneath which protruded the beak of his mask. The mistake of gathering a bunch of trigger-happy criminals in one place was already beginning to take its toll. Poe didn't appear to be phased by the whole ordeal, patience like that will go a long way with a team like this.

A dingo-like machination brought the previously mentioned eavesdropper out of hiding. Another youngling, was it? Just as the doctor spotted the kid's modified left eye, another teenage member phased into the room. Morton was now absolutely certain he would've been declining this job offer if it wasn't part of his own mission to accept. The team was terribly malformed. Morton expected a band of unintelligent, obedient and middle-aged henchmen, not a group of reckless younglings, murderers and vigilantes, all with their own personal agendas. Morton adjusted his posture, and decided it wasn't his place to be judging Poe's decisions, certainly their individual skills would prove beneficial to the mission... Or at least he hoped so.

On the topic of skill, Morton pondered what each of their roles would be once they managed to obtain this ship of his. Come to think of it, the members have yet to reveal their names, let alone their specialty. Secrecy has its benefits, but if everyone here agrees to work together, it could help to at least be somewhat familiar with one another.

Whilst analysing its blueprints, it became abundantly clear that the new GSX was truly a marvellous vessel. Dr. Stray idly wondered if the ship would include a functional laboratory for him to confine in... Afterwards, Poe asked for everyone's final decision in regards to joining the mission. He listened to the answers of a few others, then began to speak, courteous as ever, "It would be a pleasure to join you, Mr. Wysse", his weak smile invisible behind his mask, "You can count me in".

The prideful first mate began to question Poe angrily. Her anger was no surprise, but disagreeing with Poe seemed uncharacteristic given what little he observed about her. Morton looked to the files that had been strewn on the table before them. After listening to the masked pirate's stark response, Morton agreed, "I'm also indifferent as to whether or not my past remains concealed". He then reminisced on all of the years of noble research and the supporting of scientific organizations... conveniently blocking out the fear that Poe may possible have been made aware of Morton's previous contact with his infamous father. He would also have been ashamed if Poe discovered his origins, which includes his life's greatest failure, they were memories which he has long learnt to block out...

• Love
Reactions: Turtle of Doom
Routines, every day - in and out, nothing ever changed causing the days to bleed together and reality to dull to her senses. The ideas of boredom had formed early on in development, and the simplistic style of wake up, exercise, eat, testing, routine measurements, then back into testing, and then back into a cell by the afternoon for relaxation before evening testing and measurements happened again, then finally dinner, cleaning and back to the cell for shut down over night. Darkness or light, the styles of ambience the keepers used never affected the sight of their test subject. Vision was a different concept for this being, she saw not in colors hues and variations but in shadows, everything a 3D gray scale void in which threads of various colored lights brought the light of her vision. These thread's she had related to Life at an early stage in development, and was unaware if her keepers knew the difference in how she viewed the world and they did.

It was currently shut down hour, the lighting in her cell had gone off only moments before, and she now sat on her knees - folded legs beneath her while her heels and toes supported the majority of her balance. Draped down her back and cast about the floor in long wispy swirls was the extremely long hair she had grown since her birth. It wasn't blonde nor was it white or cream, but a strange flux of all those shades, never settling on a solid color it sometime even looked silver white or sakura pink oddly enough. Her skin appeared unmarred, not a single scar of flaw to it, not a blemish not even a freckle showed on her visible skin.

She was wearing a black halter – collared body sui, detached black sleeves that stopped at her wrists, and from her ankles to her thighs she wore black leggings that faded to white the further up they went. Vibrant pink neon crystals shone from her hips her ankles and wrists while a single crystal also shone from the center of her breastbone and from the center of her brow perched over long lashes that sat half shielding the strangest of eyes. They appeared white in color across the iris and faded into the depths of darkness where the whites of her eyes should have been, where a pupil should have been; instead was a haze - gray vertical slit that fluctuated as she took things into focus.

The test subject was known as ACEIA, named after her birthright, they often reffered to her as ACE. Shut Down was already active yet ACE was not in her bed where she would have normally been. The routine had been brokem, even if only in the slightest of manners, she had to change it. She was in the center of her room posed on the floor on knees staring half up at the circular portside window from within her room. It was her only view of the world outside and it was the only thing that had changed before other than this first attempt to break her chain and sit through shut down.

A few nights ago she felt something had happened, she remembered shut down time though she hadn't sat up like this. This change had happened without her influence and had startled her coded brain into a reverie of ideas. She could do things other than the routine, this was her attempt at it though. Sitting there innocently looking up through her window she didn't view through it but remembering instead the visions she had that fateful night.

---

She had shut down and the darkness collapsed around her, not that she truly slept but she did silence all activity in her processors during this time. Her brain? That is what He had called it. Vibrant aqua blue hair and a mask of white and black eyes, he'd been almost like her keepers, yet this hadn't felt tangible, the world of VIrtua had never been experienced before but she concluded the dimensions of it only shortly after the man called POE had appeared. Why he had come or what he looked for she wasn't sure, not even how he had pulled her to the same place either.

296SAbN.jpg

He was looking for something … searching for 'Files' she wondered at the word and discovered its definition swiftly before continuing with the issue at hand. Data was stored on her apparently and he wanted to read it. It was then that he realized while searching for the subject Aceia he had summoned her. She stared through vacant eyes and he asked of her name? She ignored the query he already knew after all he had been searching for her. "Why to you search?" She had asked? He reached out to her and suddenly their connection had gone dark and deteriated. The shut down had been interrupted and a warning alarm had sounded.

---

Her keepers had showed up and with a quick shot she had been completely shut down. After that she'd woken up with a strange collar about her neck with lights of bright blue, the keepers said it would prevent her metabolic rate, and slow photosynthesis, but it would also block her abilities? What were these abiltiies? She had since that night wondered over and over at the possibilities un aware that the very man she'd met was closer now than he'd been before, nor that she would soon have her routine irrevocably shattered.

But for now she sat and considered things, she had been reaching and searching her mind extended farther than the confines of her skull after all. Though still limited it was as if she cast a ghost of herself forth to search and look at things within her facility. She'd realized a few things. She was in a holding facitily cleverly hidden amoungst the general populace of their prision on a Space Station called ECHO. Other than that she had seen the name and brand WYSSE on data screens and strange readings of herself. But she still was in the dark. What was coming she didn't know but she could almost feel it.

She reached up to her strange collar the crystal on her wrist glowed as it neared the device. A spark lit and she pulled her hand back slowly as if the pai hadn't really reached her nerves. She looked at the slight burn on her wrist about the crystal and made a gentle sigh before looking back through the window. She could just see the vibrant glitter of silver and yellow threads that curtained and weaved through the surface of Saturn in her vision, The rings were green dust fragments of the threads cast about on a trail of lighter green. She wondered at the vastness of the planet before her, and that if just This sat outside her window, how much greater was the universe beyond.

[[ Sorry if this post is a bit confusing ^.^ She is supposed to be a bit mysterious though to start out ^.^ ]]

Winston was perched watching the group of people talking he did his best to remain hidden behind the pillar. Poe was finished talking, no sooner had he finished one of the women jumped down his throat shouting at him. "She's angry..." Vi crawled down from Winston's head and perched next to him. When the angry woman was done yelling, another woman began yelling at her. "Good lord everyone down there is angry." Vi turned to Winston and meowed "No I don't think suggesting they hug will help Vi." Vi cocked her head and meowed again "Really? Do I have to explain it to you? First, yelling 'You two should hug' would reveal I'm here. Also I doubt those two want to hug." Activating his eye Winston began scanning the room to see if there was an easier way to exit the room in case he needed to make a quick getaway.

In the midst of the yelling a random person phased through the wall and fell to the floor. That would have made getting in here so much easier...Before Winston could react there was a large mechanical dog was right next to him. Vi hissed at the mechanical hound, "Easy girl it's okay, I'm sure it's friendly..." Winston began slowly reaching for one of his tools to see if he could somehow disable the thing. Before he reached his tool he heard Poe call his name and then call off his mechanical dog. "I have many questions...first how do you know my name?" Overhearing one of the people get mad at Poe for apparently keeping tabs on all of them. "I guess that answers my first question. Second question, on a scale of 1 to 10 how mad are you that I broke into your club?"

Grabbing onto the nearby pole Winston swung down the pole joining the rest of the people at the ground level. Vi jumped down after him and landed on the head of the girl with the long red. "Oh sorry about that! Vi get down from there!" Vi leapt from the girls head and landed on Winston's shoulder. "Uhh hi everyone, I'm Winston and uhhh..." rifling through his many pockets and emptying several small trinkets that may belong to some of the people in the room "...these may belong to some of you, sorry about that. But if none of these things belong to you guys they are definitely mine and not stolen."

Running over to Doctor Morton Stray he began looking all around him examining his robotic parts "So why're you robotic?! How much of you is robotic?!" Before the Doctor could answer Winston ran over to Poe "So exactly how big is this ship? What kind of engine does it run on?"

astroid_field_by_alexlinde-d53m2u3.jpg

Tai sat in her ship landed on one of the many asteroids in the cluster, she'd been tailing this beast for a few months now. She finally tracked it down to this asteroid cluster, today was the day she would get her prize. She had placed several tracking drones throughout the area to aid her search. PING PING one of her drones was picking up something, something big, she dawned her EVA Suit.

new_pesadilla_by_ptitvinc-d4khs8k.jpg

The suit was one she designed herself, the suit worked hand in hand with her mechanical limbs and eyes and only amplified her strength. Tai grabbed her rifle and opened up her ships hatch, and looked at the radar on her wrist. Okay looks like you're heading north Tai activated her suits jets and began traveling north. Her suit gave off a faint purple hue over the passing asteroids, she made sure to lower the lights to make sure the beast didn't see her coming.

Tai landed on an asteroid and checked her radar again, You should be here... the ground beneath her feet began to shake. The asteroid she was on exploded beneath her as the beast revealed itself, Tai quickly tried to stabilize herself as she was thrown around and pummeled by flying bits of asteroids. Once the debris cleared she saw it, the massive beast glared at her.

nevianaar___stock_creature_art_sample_by_cloister-d5jix24.jpg

The beast was far larger than she remembered "Someone has gotten a lot bigger since the last time I saw you." Tai saw the massive scar across the beasts face, almost as if the beast knew where she was looking the beast let out a massive roar. "I think someone remembers me" hoisting up her sniper rifle Tai aimed through the scope "Good". Tai began firing shots off at the beast, they simply bounced off its head as if the shots were merely made of rubber. "Shit!" Tai holstered her gun and dove out of the way as the beast crashed through the asteroid behind her. Taking out her shotgun Tai jetted towards the beast and crashed onto its back, she quickly threw down a grapple and attached herself to the beasts back. She began firing multiple shots into its back which, amazingly, the beast did not like at all. The beast shook about crashing into every asteroid in its path, holstering her shotgun Tai accessed her ship remotely and began steering it towards the beast. Once in his path her ship began firing upon the beast. The beast let out a massive cry of pain, and ceased moving. Tai unhooked her grapple and jumped towards the beasts head while taking out her Javelin and dealt one final blow.

Tai pulled out several grapple from her ship Storm Chaser and attached the beast to them. Hoping back into her ship she sealed it and removed her EVA Suit. She let out a massive sigh of relief and began her trip to the closest space station which was one called Talros.

qr_space_station_by_talros-d6rwuwj.jpg

Tai hailed the station "Talros station this is Tai Wysse requesting permission to land in the loading dock, I have a massive haul here and need some help unloading." A garble came in over her radio giving her permission to land, Tai came in and landed smoothly. Tai hopped out of her ship and was greeted by a Wysee representative. The tall lanky man walked up to her "Ms. Wysse, it is a pleasure to meet you ma'am. I am here on behalf of your father he has a request for you." Tai gave the man a blank expression, before even acknowledging what he said she turned to one of the other men in the hanger. "Please let Monroe know that the beast is dead, I've already received half the payment but tell him I demand an additional 5,000 credits because that intel he gave me was bullshit! That beast was at least an extra 50 meters long! I also want to be reimbursed for the ammo I used up and reimbursed for the drones that the beast blew up. Tell him to wire it to my usual account."

Turning to the Wysse representative "Okay what now? What does my dad want?" the representative motioned her into a nearby ship. A highly decorated ship that was a Wysee top of the line, stepping inside the ship was even nicer. She sat down in an extremely comfortable chair, the representative came in after and sat adjacent to her. "Would you care for something to drink Ms. Wysse?" the man looked slightly uncomfortable talking to her but Tai didn't pay it much mind. "No I'm fine, what does my father want?" The man clicked a button on his chair which brought up a 3D projection of a ship. "Do you know what this ship is?" Tai looked at the ship "It's the GSX-02 it contains the Gate-x Sentinel. What about it?"

The man sat up in his chair and leaned in "We have information saying that well...your brother is going to attempt to steal it for his own purposes." Tai began laughing "What?! Poe is trying to steal that thing?! Good fucking luck kid! I mean I'll admit that Poe is clever as hell but does he really think that he can steal that thing?" Tai gained control of her laughter and looked at the man "So what does dad want? Me to guard the ship?" the man became a bit more stern "Your father wants you to umm...stop Poe by any means necessary." A wicked smile crept across Tai's face "Oh this is going to be fun! Tell my dad I'll happily do this. Do you have any leads on where Poe may be?" The man reached into his pocket and removed a small drive and slid it over to Tai, "Everything you need is on this drive, and no I don't know what's on it. Your father made sure to specify that only you can see the drives content." Tai grabbed the drive and stood up and left the ship and made her way back to Storm Chaser.

The massive beast had been removed, Tai checked her account to make sure she had received proper payment. Once everything was in order she hopped into her ship and left Talros station, Tai plugged the drive into her ships computer. Looking over all the data she saw that she should start her search at Poe's club amnesia. Tai typed in the quadrants into her navigation and began her journey to Amnesia. "Not as clever as you think now are you Poe?"

Dactrin watched as their group continued to form, Poe outing a couple of the remaining invitees with his impressive robotic dog. Their group was shaping up to be something very odd, a mismatch of different ages and personalities. As tiresome as it could be, Dactrin could admit also the benefit of the line up. That and he knew Poe was sharp and had a purpose for inviting each of them. Poe requested everyone to individually confirm whether they were in or out for the mission. But before Dactrin could voice his opinion and answer, Ruth voiced hers first. Her brashness would take some getting used to.

Raylex was Poe's first mate. Dactrin took mental note of this. It made sense, seeing as the two of them had the longest history. And while Raylex was seemingly quick to action and slow to thinking, making her an unpredictable volatile component to their group, she seemed to have capabilities Poe found valuable to their mission and he would have to accept that. She wasn't bad to look at either, even in her enraged state. Just when Dactrin thought the storm would calm, Raylex came across something else that lifted her rage, shocker, throwing files and papers on the floor and accusing Poe of spying on them.

Dactrin turned his good eye to the papers and eyed them warily. He said nothing but inwardly it did bother him that Poe had researched him to such a strong degree. He thought back to the different tasks he had accomplished for him as a bounty hunter before and wondered if Poe had used those moments to gain information. His eyes moved to Talitha as a thought crossed his mind from their previous interaction. Was Talitha sent to get close to him for intel as well, a sort of spy for Poe? It did seem odd they would land on the same task back when they did, even if their objective was different. He simply didn't trust Talitha and wouldn't put it past her. Dactrin turned to Poe with narrowed eyes, the room reacting in different ways to this revelation.

And then, with a quiet control that sliced through the room, Maeve spoke up saying she would officially join the crew. Dr. Morton Stray was next to vocalize his affirmation in joining, not very phased by the disrupt either; if anything he seemed amused. Dactrin turned to the squeaky voice of the kid with his cat, who, once brought to the group's attention, seemed to be nothing but questions. His persistence was exhausting and try as he might, Dactrin failed to see what this child had to offer. His eyes narrowed with impatience as Winston rushed over to the Doctor with such awe, his questions spilling from his mouth like a volcano. Before the doctor could even answer, probably even move, the kid rushed over to Poe with more questions.

Dactrin brought his hand up to his nose and pinched the bridge of it. He glanced over to Talitha and looked her over carefully. Based on her lack of reaction as well as her thoughtful look she didn't seem to have recognized him yet though perhaps she had an idea. Then again, in his line of work, he almost always wore his mask and hood. Perhaps she hadn't gotten a good look of his face? He couldn't quite remember. He did remember that he had felt invaded by her presence, felt like she had disrupted his work, and was annoyed with her rather...gruesome approach. Ironic for him to think such things with his own unethical actions. She simply took it one step further than he ever would. He was staring at her for a few moments in his thoughts. "Talitha." he suddenly said in a soft voice. "I remember you." He glanced over her for a moment, before meeting her eyes once more. Her name was one he couldn't forget, both because of that frustrating job they went through and well...he could admit she was easy on the eyes. "If you're doing this, just stay out of my way." He had told her to stay out of his way before. Perhaps his repeated words would trigger a memory if she hadn't already realized who he was. With the type of people Poe was collecting it was statistically bound to be that a few would know each other. He turned back to Poe and raised his hand slightly. "Poe. I'm in." No, he hadn't had all of his questions answered. But the challenge in of itself was exciting, a thrill alone he was on board for. If indeed they did master this plan the reward would be the icing on the adrenaline cake. Poe was also very smart, someone Dactrin was interested in spending some one on one time with, getting to know him and some of the genius trapped inside his mind. Those bright beautiful eyes were deceiving and Dactrin knew Poe had a lot to offer with what he knew. Hopefully Raylex wouldn't be hard to get rid of to get some alone time with him.

• Love
Reactions: Turtle of Doom
Talitha Thomas

Talitha's eyes moved slowly across the room; her gaze halting momentarily on each person to take their measure as she made mental notes about their person. Her piercing eyes settled on Poe a bit longer than anybody else. He had been checking up on them? Her mind was stuck on that little tidbit. How? She was always very careful, never using her own data chip, staying out of public eye, never leaving fingerprints (she hadn't had any since she was a child). Her eyes narrowed to slits as she tried to work it through, but she just couldn't figure how he'd done it.

She sighed, it didn't matter any now. Returning to her seat, Talitha crossed her legs at the knee and sat back, her hands folded on her lap. Poe had brought up the specs for the ship he wanted to commandeer, and it was impressive and all, but she didn't need it. She would be going if all they had planned was taking pacifiers from infants. It was a change, and that's all that mattered at this point.

The faint traces of a smile pulled up the corners of her mouth as she heard the others finally agree to join them. She almost laughed out loud. These people thought that they had a choice at this point. It would be ridiculously stupid to allow them to walk out of this meeting. They knew Poe's plans, saw the ship. It was laughable.

Before the last of them had joined, her name was spoken, and her muscles tightened. She knew that voice. Head whipping around, she cut a glare into him. Dactrin. The name was high on her list of annoyances. She scoffed at his words and rolled her eyes. "You need to find a new way. One that doesn't interfere with mine." Her voice was as cold as her icy gaze appeared to be. This was just great.

Pit - The Calmed One
"Jeez calm down with the stare." Pit diverted his attention from Poe's harsh glance and dedicated it to finding a seat. He looked around at everyone finding it best to just sit up on a table swinging his legs. Poe continued on with his plan introducing what would become the new home of the crew. Pit didn't understand much of the schematics. All Pit knew was that he was looking at all the nuts and bolts of their ship. Pit at the moment was just an observer along for the ride. He had no reason to be mad, confused, worried, or anything of the like. Pit's brow lifted when Poe mentioned that he had taken it upon himself to browse through their history like an internet blog. "So, you're pretty good with these computers and things." Pit's comment was merely that, an attempt to keep his presence known. "I'm in, whatever it is that I'm here for." Pit lifted his right knee up and hugged it with both arms, his other leg dangling. "...but since you've done your research I'm either staying on board or cleaning up your messes. More so to thievery I'd guess."

Pit hadn't been paying attention to Raylex and Ruth's bickering until he noticed the nasty look on Raylex's face. Pit turned with a bored expression and stood up on the table balancing on its edge. "I bet I could be a better one. First mate that is." Pit flipped off the table grabbing his legs and landing on the armrest of a couch sitting down with his back to the holographic table. He turned himself around rubbing his posterior. "This couch sucks." While Pit was practicing his circus routine Raylex had made it over to Poe's desk. Pit hadn't noticed her at the desk until she dropped her gun. Pit's head then snapped in her direction and his hand slid his dagger back instinctively. He stood staring at Raylex with a glare. He spun around and fell back onto the couch sheathing his dagger and resting his arms above his head. Raylex soon interrupted once more after the gun incident. Complaining about him gathering information. Pit sighed. "Yep, way better first mate. Just gotta stand there looking pretty with a gun right?"

Pit sat up and stuck his tongue out at Raylex. Regaining his composure he explained the issue to the confused one. "If you were Poe about to hire a thief like me that has made impossible dissapearing acts happen wouldn't you want to know whether your shit was safe with your back turned? Just a thought." Pit then turned to Poe. "Speaking of which I have an issue. Think you could help me out? Think of it as a sign of trust."

Poe remained stoic again as they each seemed to explode and berate on another. But in the end they were also showing Poe their true selves. Everything always played into his games, in VIRTUA he was assembling schematics, shuffling his players, adding to his rosters. Oh yes this was a game indeed, one he was playing to win. However, as the group got more heated he realized it was time to step in. "Alright enough…" He glanced mainly at Raylex, she'd sparked their fires, he'd gauged them now it was time to settle in for the real business. Winston was pestering him with questions. "I'm sure we all have plenty of questions. Looking around the room you may know others within our group. But for logistics sake I have picked each of you for a task we must first accomplish Before moving for our first prize. And new home, if you have issues with one another … get over them, just as I told Ms. Ruth, we have business to attend I don't care if you trust me, Hell I don't even care if you respect me… But you will all listen to my orders," He paused so the gravity of his words sank in.

"Now as for the what comes next…" He smiled a funny little half smirk before continuing "I have a little task for you all." He dropped the cocky grin. "If you fail in your task, we won't make it past the start of the game. I have collected the data on each of you to help me make my decisions. Now first up.." His electric blue eyes turned to look first at Ruth and Winston "I will need Ruth, and Winston to head to the Military Sector. A Master Sergeant's by the name of Ludrift will have the intel we will need, as well as a master key card. I'm assured that this man has a thing for lovely ladies and has agreed to hand over some nice clearance cards. " Not that Poe would need them he thought second handedly. "Here's the tricky part for you both though. You must take the Intel without him noticing it's absences…. I'm sure one or Both of you may have methods of copying the Intel and cards we will need." He didn't allow for any words in between from them, they had all accepted his mission, now they just needed to get things done.

Then his eyes turned on Maeve and Talitha "You two are going to do what you to do best, Get us all the fire power we will need on our persons as well as Setting up a pick up point for us to Load up on ammunitions and supplies you will also be securing. There is a Wide array of toys in Hangar Bay as well but there is also more of a military force there. The second best option is to take it from the actual Military Secotr, or from Diamoe's Bay. He's is a bit of a wiley rabbit but I'm sure you two fine ladies will have no problem getting the goods we need from either location just so long as we get it down to Titan which Diamoe specializes in drop offs so he will more than likely be the better choice." he mentioned the current moon they were passing.

Next his eyes would flicker over onto Raylex and Dactrin before saying each of their names and assigning them their own task to complete "You two will be heading to Hangar Bay up on the northern quadrant of the ship. I need you to purchase a Clunker Ray, and Dactrin you will be gaining us clearance to Move Said Clunker into the Military sector, They will probably believe it's for upgrades, but so long as they do not scrap it I believe you both have contacts within the military sector." He turned next Dr. Morton, "Your job however," He smiled at the Good Dr. "Will be the most tricky…" He had a downright evil grin now, "I need you to make contact with another associate of mine. He is the head of a somewhat private experiment. You will be called in to help assess the potential threat of a viral agent on a subject they have under triple max lock down. His name is Ash and he will fill you in further once you have arrived" Poe paused blinking at something from his secondary vision.

Virtua suddenly spiked a warning alarm across his conscious, and his attention would become split. Someone was locking on coordinates specifically to his Club… which mean they didn't know where the ECHO was and were honing in on his club's personal IP. Only one person he would know to do such a think his teeth would grind and he pushed himself back into Reality. He had a funny suspicion he knew who out of the family was coming looking for him, but he would have to investigate later. Poe was also gauging the length of time they had before anyone reached Echo. If they were coming from his home, then they had time, if not, they needed to get the hell out of Dodge. BlakJak (robo pup) trotted to his master's side and sat like a dutiful child almost its movements seemed. As Poe crouched down next to the robo canine he clicked a place on the right shoulder panel presses a few buttons then stood again patting the dogs head as the panel resealed. He glanced back up to the assembled group holding up a hand of tiny metallic spheres that rolled about his palm.

"We will need to get moving shortly. I believe I may have company heading my way, and so to keep all of your files and respective identities a mask we will head out separately and these AosSpheres will help us stay in contact. " He lifted one up as he approached first Raylex and sliding a hand up to her neck the tiny orb would float on the surface of her skin before seeming to melt and meld with her flesh before vanishing completely. The feeling wouldn't be a pleasant one but it was also not that painful. After her he proceeded to the next person and then the next person until finally everyone had one in them. "Do not worry the only things these do is connect us through PSY-Fi" (think psychic wi-fi lol) To demonstrate this suddenly their minds would begin to link and suddenly they were all standing in Virtua for long enough to understand the process. "Just ask for Poe I'll come to you" He smirked "Or connect you to others in the team."

He finally shut up and glanced about "Now is everyone ready?" He quirked a brow and waited for their replies. He glanced down at Pit. "You are with me … We will be meeting with out guest and escorting Dr. Morton to his assigned task. After that we will head down the Hangar Bay as well." She'll have to park it there… he thought tilting his head only if a fraction. He was curious how would this team work, would they work, all his data showed the possibilities of complete and utter disaster were a large percent of those thoughts, but his data also showed great success if they learned to trust each other.

-- tag @BookDragon143

Ruth Stellius

Narcissistic as ever, Ruth picked up her own file from among the heap of others in a heartbeat. She scanned the pages hastily and read a few sentences in no particular order. Other than Raylex's anger and the Dactrin's uneasy gaze, it seemed most of the others were hardly bothered by this revelation. Ruth, for one, was wholly satisfied with what little she read, regretting none of her brash behaviour or the countless crimes against people's dignity. She was slightly unnerved, however, when her eyes stopped at the word Bi-curious in parentheses. "Oh c'mon. It was that one time!", she complained, adding hers to the myriad of diverse reactions. Before she could question Poe, he finally spoke out, getting everyone back on the same page.

Before providing the group with their assigned tasks, Poe gave something of a speech. She was never one to follow orders, not even those posed by her father, yet something about those last words stuck with her. It was almost as if a sense of duty, no doubt inspired by this space-born prize, had somehow overcome her hopelessly defiant nature. Poe managed to tame the beast, and, for now, she was willing to entertain this "game" of his. Keeping her tame, however, would be another story entirely.

Her name was referenced first, then a certain "Winston" directly after. Glancing to her left, she hoped that the solemn bounty hunter in the corner was Winston. She then slowly turned her head to her right, terrified, as she remembered the little kid who had been pestering Poe earlier, and how he dared declare himself to be Winston. She winced in what appeared to be internal agony, upon seeing that jovial, childlike face of his. Right on que, she noticed that there was even a goddamn cat on his shoulder. A GODDAMN CAT. Everything about her expression read, Are you fucking kidding me. She was ready to protest openly, but Poe was still talking, so she would have to settle with giving him the coldest gaze she could manage.

Ruth was so busy fretting over the partner she was doomed to work with that she nearly missed the details of her assignment. She wondered what kind of a deal Poe struck with this Ludrift guy that got him to grant us clearance to the military sector. From the sounds of it, Poe signed her up to be his plaything. She wondered sarcastically if Poe wanted her to bring a dress too. If that were the case, she mused somewhat seriously, she would be ready to introduce Poe to Kloey, who rested snugly at the bottom of her backpack next to some extra 10-gauge shells. As soon as a pause in his instructions arose, Ruth was ready to dump questions and objections, only to be cut off abruptly. Her newfound sense of duty, it would seem, was already being beset by poor circumstance.

Listening to the second mission, Ruth was envious of those he called Maeve and Talitha. Hoarding ammunition is a job she can get used to... wooing some military sergeant? No thanks. Yet she wouldn't question Poe's judgment, not now, for once she felt that there was too much at steak to back out of her assignment.

Afterwards, Poe... injected? permeated? something into Raylex's neck. It was technology she hadn't seen before. After all, Ruth was much more an expert of hardware and machinery than software and magic tech. "The hell kind of a name is PsyF-", her speech was interrupted by a low groan, as an odd sensation invaded the back of her neck. Virtua, she thought, was going to take some getting used to. As a person very much grounded in reality, looking into it gave her an eerie vibe.

When Poe concluded the entirety of the briefing, Ruth was proud of herself for not exploding like she did last time, but rather, decided she would suck it up. An annoying ass partner and an assignment that involves pretending to be someone she's not were certainly pressing obstacles, yet she looked again to her notes on the GSX and remembered why she agreed to help out in the first place. She sighed, indicating her ego's defeat at the hands of a lofty prospect (not to be mistaken for altruism), then spoke in a serious tone, "I'm ready".

--tag @BookDragon143

MAEVE ZARDONE
She listened attentively to what he had to say in terms of debriefing her task. It wasn't that difficult in theory but she wasn't too sure about her partner. Talitha didn't appear to be too friendly nor did she look interested in being a team player, but Mae shouldn't be talking.

After Poe finished gifting everyone with their duties he placed a device inside of each of them without any type of in depth explanation. A slight pinch in her neck made her feel discomfort for a moment but it soon passed as the virtual world connected. Technology is so strange. If I knew I would have to hear voices in my head I wouldn't have said yes. A small sigh slipped from her mouth before she got off the couch. "If you have finished then I will be taking my leave now."

Before doing anything further she looked towards Talitha. "Talitha I think it would be best to go to Hangar Bay and see what we could take before greeting Diamoe. If we already have what we need then it might be a bit simpler to bargain with him or use more drastic means to get what we want." She lifted her large sac of loot over her shoulder and headed towards the door. Once outside of the room Mae looked out into the large area of flashing lights and intoxicated bodies with disappointment. Why do I even come here so often.. The view disgusted her to the point of almost gagging. Her planet was filled with serenity and a more dignified aura. These environments of the Sokyo District were something she had become accustomed to but still had not agreed with. Although Mae is known as a deadly space pirate she still has standards of living. After the thought had passed she departed from the building and waited for her new 'partner' to follow.

Dr. Morton Stray

Morton listened attentively to the details of each individual task. Poe was certainly prepared, he could admit that much. As the rundown of his own assignment reverberated throughout his hearing module, a particular detail caught his attention. The words 'somewhat private experiment' immediately pointed to those of the illegal nature. Funny, he mused, that some of the most important research is considered illegal, and irrationally branded immoral. Morton is no stranger to such experiments, recalling his numerous attempts at sentient reanimation, most of which ended in hideous agony.

Yet another memory bank was spurred to life upon hearing the name posed by Poe. Ash... the name sounded at least somewhat familiar, despite its lack of completion. Having worked with countless scientists, and dejected by countless more, it would come as no surprise if he had associated with this 'Ash' character in the past. Whoever he was, Ash would certainly have a stance on the nature of Morton's infamous work. Whether this contact was a scientist of compassion or progress was yet to be seen.

The doctor wondered how a virus could possibly relate to the overarching mission as a whole, though the task was most definitely in his field of interest.

Afterwards, Poe began inserting Psy-Fi spheres into each of the group members. His own would take slightly longer, as it seeped through his outer plating and into his artificial nervous system. Psy-Fi was certainly intriguing, the doctor would be sure to use it to his full advantage from then on.

With Poe's closing statement, Morton wondered if Poe was willing to risk waiting in the hangar long enough to gather each of us when it was all over. After all, it would probably be in his favour to turn-tail with the ship and leave the more volatile of us here to rot once their individual jobs were completed...

--Tag @poe.etic @Wooness

Winston was in the middle of question Poe about the ship when Poe stopped him and began talking and assigning people to different tasks. Winston was slightly irritated that Poe ignored his question but brushed it off and began looking at the detailed hologram of the ship. He ran all around the hologram try to get as much info as he could from the thing, Winston began talking to himself slightly spouting off details about the ship, that to some would sound like an alien language if they had no knowledge of engineering or mechanics. Vi leapt from his should onto Poe's desk and then to the floor and began making her way through the area.

Winston took out a small data stick in hopes of copying over the ship info so he could look over it later and hopefully get more info on it. Whispering to himself he said "Hey Poe if it's okay for me to copy over this data don't say anything..." Winston waited a second or two "awesome thanks Poe!" Winston stuck his data stick into the console and copied over the ship data. Placing the data stick back into his pocket Winston wandered over to Poe's desk and picked up his file. Winston looked over it and wasn't surprised about the info found on him, in his brief interactions with Poe he could tell if that finding info for him was easy. Scanning all the files Winston poked his head up "Umm...I do not see a file for Vi! Then again if you had one it probably would just say name Vi, age 3, sexual orientation whatever cats are into. So I guess it's okay."

Poe came over to him and stuck something into his neck, Winston jumped back wincing in pain "Oww! Okay I know we just met and all but I don't like pain!" He picked up his file from the desk "You'd think with all the surveillance you did on us you'd know that!" Winston walked away from the desk rubbing his neck saying a few obscenities under his breath. Regaining his composure Winston stood there confused on what was happening next, while rifling through the files he was completely ignoring Poe and missed everything he said.

Turning to Poe "Wait what's happening now?" Winston caught the tail end of Poe's speech where he was partnering everyone up with each other. Winston looked around and saw people pairing off and looked for the odd one out who was alone. Winston saw the sour faced girl standing there looking at Poe, Winston ran over to her side. She didn't look to happy but to be honest not many people in the group looked to happy.

With a giant smile Winston turned to the girl "Hello! I'm Winston! You are?" Before she could even answer Winston had already moved on with the conversation "Oh! I like the drawings on your gear, can I draw on your gear? I'd draw a spacesh...no! A drago...no! A dragon breathing fire fighting a spaceship! Oh also!" Letting out a quick whistle Vi ran over to him and climbed onto his shoulder "This is Vi! She is a cat, say hello Vi!" Vi meowed to the girl whilst Winston's face was plastered with a grin. "So what are we doing? I was not listening at all..."

"You need to find a new way. One that doesn't interfere with mine." Her voice was as cold as her icy gaze appeared to be. This was just great.

Dactrin narrowed his eyes but simply looked away. They obviously were not going to be able to agree on anything but disagreeing. Despite their differences there was still many pieces of their personality that were similar; this would either continue to push them apart or perhaps pull them together in the future. Dactrin's mind was only focused on staying as far from her at the moment as possible. He glanced to the files one last time with even less interest than before before turning his eyes back to Poe as he spoke further about their assignments. Time for business.

Ruth and Winston were the first to be paired up together for their assignment. His eyes glanced to the kid with his cat, who clearly wasn't paying attention, before moving over towards Ruth. He caught her gaze and her look of shock in realizing who she was partnering with caused a side grin to crease his face. Although he found slight amusement in her unfortunate partner he did feel for her. Turning to look at Talitha Dactrin hoped he wouldn't get stuck with someone who would be difficult to deal with. Thankfully, Poe assigned Talitha with Maeve. Dodged that bullet.

His name was mentioned next, paired with Raylex. He turned his shining blue eyes on her and exhaled softly. He had learned enough about her to know she was unstable. For this, he would give her just enough trust that Poe would want to get their portion of the mission completed quickly and efficiently. His tolerance for any antics would be very low but he had a feeling that, once focused on their goal, she would step up and stay focused on what they needed to get done. He would feed off of her emotions and body language and hopefully she would prove to be a trustworthy and competent partner.

Dactrin gave a short nod of his head to Raylex as Poe partnered them, then listened as their assignment was explained. Once finished he gave Poe a nod of understanding saying "consider it done boss" then made his way over towards Raylex, stepping up right next to her. While Poe seemed to space out for a moment Dactrin turned to Raylex and offered his hand as the start of their trust with each other for this task. "Dactrin, nice to meet you. I think you and I can get this part done the quickest." He gave her a reassuring grin. Before they could continue their conversation much further, Poe began to speak again.

"We will need to get moving shortly. I believe I may have company heading my way, and so to keep all of your files and respective identities a mask we will head out separately and these AosSpheres will help us stay in contact. " He lifted one up as he approached first Raylex and sliding a hand up to her neck the tiny orb would float on the surface of her skin before seeming to melt and meld with her flesh before vanishing completely.

Dactrin turned to Poe as he approached him next. He took a reflexive step back but grit his teeth together as he forced himself to remain still while Poe place the small piece of technology inside of him. The pain was mild compared to what he was used to. It was the strange feeling that spread underneath his skin as it moved and melted away that sent an uneasy shiver down his spine. He had come across many different types of technology and, in his work he was put in situations that took him off guard. But being attached to others through this virtua was unnerving if only because it invaded his personal space. He could see the benefit though, not only if something were to go wrong with one of them but when they are done and ready to re-group it will be an efficient means of communication. Dactrin glanced to Winston when he made a scene about the piece being put inside of him and gave a small chuckle. This kid was in for a rude awakening; but if he could hang with them he would have his respect.

Turning back to Raylex, Dactrin refocused on their assignment. "Let's set a game plan and get moving. The quicker we can get this done the better. Maybe we'll have enough time to grab a drink while we wait for the others to catch up." He grinned, insinuating that the pair of them would be the quickest to complete their task. He began to walk towards the door with Raylex as they would make their way towards the Hangar Bay. "I've done some side jobs for Captain Roger Glasgowl and I'm confident he will be able to assist us. In addition, I have the ability to use my Takarin powers to encourage anyone along the way." His ability to inflict emotions would be a back up plan but he was ready to use them if necessary. It would be a last resort as, if the receiver realizes what's happening, it could cause a scene. He then asked Raylex "what about you? What connections do you have?" as they continued to make their way to purchase the Clunker Ray.

---tag @Supah Turtle

Tai's ship leapt out of warp speed outside the station Amnesia is on. Tai was leaned backed in her chair reading some trashy romance novel. The kind you'd find for less than 5 credits at a store, they were garbage but Tai found a guilty pleasure in them. A communication ping chimed throughout the cabin, shifting herself she leaned forward and clicked a few buttons causing a video transmission to come through. The man who was on the screen was dressed very officially and was clearly someone who worked at the station "This Officer Varez state your name or you will be fired upon!" he said quite forcefully. "This is Taionia Wysse requesting permission to dock at the station." The man became noticeably flustered hearing the name Wysse "Oh! Uhh umm so sorry Ms. Wysse! Permission granted, head to dock 27. Is there anything else I can do for you?" Tai got an obvious smirk seeing how flustered the officer got "All I need is directions to Amnesia."

Tai flew to her assigned dock and exited her ship, she began heading through the city whilst also checking out the Psy-Fi of the area seeing if she could find any useful information from it. Nothing worthwhile was on Psy-Fi so she exited it and began to pay more attention to her surroundings. Arriving at Amnesia she walked up to the door but was stopped by the clubs bouncer. "Oh come on? Are you going to let a pretty thing like me just stay out here?" The bouncer shrugged and ushered her into the club, the sound inside the club was loud almost as loud a the people in the club. Tai made her way through the crowd and found a somewhat secluded area where she could get a view of the entire club. Sitting down Tai ordered a drink and patiently waiting for Poe's arrival.

Talitha Thomas
She held Dactrin's gaze until he looked away only a moment later, hoping that would be the end of him getting in her way. Once again her attention turned to Poe. She had no qualms following a directive, so long as her own moral code remained intact. Talitha listened with mild interest as he continued, rolling her eyes when he referred their mission as a game. A rich man's game, and a poorer man's meal ticket. She would have preferred if the gravity of the situation wasn't lightened by referring to it in such a way. Still, she said nothing. This was his missive and he would run it how he saw fit.

Hearing her assignment, Talitha tensed. She hadn't realized that she would be working directly with another being. This isn't what she had thought would be happening. The instructions were simple, more than doable for her alone. Casting a sideways look at her assigned partner, she silently hoped that they wouldn't get in the way.

She made a mental checklist of arms she believed would be of greatest use to the crew to have on hand as Poe finished assigning the tasks. Believing the meeting was over, Talitha stood and separated herself from the crowd; looking over her shoulder as Poe spoke again. Her jaw dropped when he began to install the psy-fi chips. She had made it this far without any mods, and she wasn't about to begin now. Truth be told she could have walked out then, but she waited until he came up, and deftly ducked under his hand. "I didn't sign up for any upgrades," she said, venom lacing her every word. Her thoughts were her own, and without the chip she wouldn't have to worry about them being hacked.

Maeve was speaking to her then, and she nodded, before following her out and towards Hangar Bay. Talitha knew that the matter of the chip wasn't settled, but for now, it would wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.