East Asian Historical Fantasy rp | Halp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I was thinking more of a Chinese woman. You mentioned the RP will likely take place in Goryeo Court with arranged marriages - will the playable roles be limited?

@VerbalAbuse, I'm not going to limit the types of characters, just the amount. So characters outside the arranged to be wed I think would be interesting to have. Though it will be in the Goryeo court, I do see it being a thing for the nobles from China and Japan to have brought along servants and companions. Maybe there's even room for traders, merchants, overseers, matchmakers, etc. I don't have a solid amount of players/characters to have in the rp right now, but I'd like to start off with a character:player 1:1 ratio.

I think I'll play a Chinese spearmaiden from Jiangning working as a guard for the spouses-to-be

I also have an idea for a character who is a trader from Japan

I've been busy, sorry. Dx
Also, I was looking to draw ideas together instead of actually make a rp right away. I did mention I didn't have a set date as to when I wanted to get this up. ;;A;;

edit;; On a side note, I love it when people are willing to take initiative and give me thoughts on what they want to see, what they like and dislike for a rp like this. I'd like to try and cater the rp to common interests, rather than just base it off of my own interest. So the more input (even if it's just random sporadic comments) would be wonderful. <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I love me some premodern medicine rp, I'd love to join in on this political fun, but I'm not sure if my interest will hold without a set date to begin. It always great to have a set date so others won't lose interest.

Would be cool if you made it into a RPG thing with the historic features. It would be a huge risk though, some people don't like systems like that.

I love me some premodern medicine rp, I'd love to join in on this political fun, but I'm not sure if my interest will hold without a set date to begin. It always great to have a set date so others won't lose interest.

The only reason I don't have a set date is because of finals coming up the the holidays. I don't want to make something only to have it die or shut down because I can't be there D;

This is why I am wanting input on what people want, so I can cater to interests. I feel if it's more aligned to what they want, they would be more inclined to stick around till then. If not, then... I suppose it was a flighting interest?

Would be cool if you made it into a RPG thing with the historic features. It would be a huge risk though, some people don't like systems like that.

I might get away with referencing historical figures, but I think because it's set in a more fantasy tone, I can't really throw in active npc historical figures. D;

Kinda makes me want to do a Fate/Stay Night or Drifters style thread sometime too xD

You might get more suggestions if your prefix was "Group RP Plotting" I'll change it for you.

The only reason I don't have a set date is because of finals coming up the the holidays. I don't want to make something only to have it die or shut down because I can't be there D;

This is why I am wanting input on what people want, so I can cater to interests. I feel if it's more aligned to what they want, they would be more inclined to stick around till then. If not, then... I suppose it was a flighting interest?

Understandable, I guess after some years of running around Capital Hill made me a bit stingy on dates. And I see no reason not to have historical figures scattered about, seeing Nobunaga as a bartender would definitely lift my spirit. Also, what's Drifters? I've definitely fallen out of anime watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.