Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences

Earth's Revenge

Introduction

It's the year 2020, Trump was elected for his second term of presidency and Covid-19 was coming to a steadying point. Though it was looking like a spick was on the horizen and many anticipated it. Scientists worked tirelessly to find a cure, politics breathing down their necks telling them to work faster. They were trying things they had never even done. Testing in different ways, trying to see what made the virus tick. Politicians and news stations, however, worked on making the virus seem more bad than it is. However, as the days turn into weeks and Trump's rain continues new developments happen. The virus was evolving, mutating in a way no one would have guessed.

The first case was in China, the virus's place of origin. A 32 year old woman fell ill, having all the typical symptoms of Covid-19 in a matter of a week. Those around her went into quarantine. Though they quickly realized that would not be enough. As the days progressed those around her watched as the symptoms turned severe, so they rushed her to the hospital. Tests ran through and soon the woman was placed in the ICU and under constant watch. A few days go by and soon the woman is being rushed to the operating room, her organs are beginning to fail. After hours of trying to save the woman she ultimately died in the operating room.

Not even a day later reports break out everywhere as people are falling sick after the 32 year old woman came back to life and attacked the hospital staff and even some patients before she was killed by police. Those that were attacked were treated for injury and let back into the public. Weeks later those people died of the same phenomenon as the 32 year old woman. All across the world people were falling ill from Covid-19, only to die a few weeks later.

Then the world fell. Left and right people were falling sick and dying, only for those people to 'come back' to life and attack those around them. People panicked, countries began to close down, and mass murders happened. The world was trying to get a hold on the situation but it just seemed to get more and more out of control. Soon people were stealing from others and attacking people to get what they needed. The world people once knew, was gone.

}~~~{

Story

3 years have passed since the world ended and there is only 1/8th of the population left alive. Vegetation and animals have become how those around live their lives. The world is slowly rebuilding, trying to mend what has been done. However, zombies still roam the land attacking anyone that gets near. To keep from being turned or eaten people have banded together in small communities. Most notable would be the camp in DC, though no one has ever entered or exited the campsite. No one even knows if it's still standing due to the immense activity of zombies there. Other places have popped up all over, though some people still roam alone or in a group.

Our story begins in Athens, Ohio where the group is traveling to a settlement they've heard about; Commodore. Commodore is a large settlement located in Dayton, Ohio run by a single man. The group has a while to travel and unknown to them they are being hunted by a pack of cannibals, people who have given up on humanity and taken to eating people instead of animals. Will they make it safe or will they fall prey to the cannibals hunting them? What dangers lay ahead at Commodore? Is it really safe?

}~~~{

Rules

1 - Standard Iwaku rules apply
2 - Please respect your gm (me)
3 - Swearing is okay but use it in good taste
4 - Post 1-2 times a week. If you can not do this then please do not sign up
5 - There will be blood, violence, and gore. If you do not like these things do not sign up
6 - No Mary Sue's/Gary Sue's
7 - I ask that you post at least two paragraphs. No one liners.
8 - Keep drama out of the OOC please
9 - Romance is allowed as it's a natural thing it's bound to happen to some characters
10 - Real picture or realistic drawing only! I see any anime I WILL ask you to change it
11 - Children are allowed but have a less chance of survival
12 - There is a two character limit
13 - Please be creative with your posts
14 - One week reservation period. After that week the spot will be open again
15 - Any violation of the rules with result in a warning, three warning and you're out

}~~~{

The Virus

Xelapin Virus (The X Virus)

Symptoms After Infection

1 day: Mild headache, cough, and runny nose.
5 days: Severe cold like symptoms. I.e Migraine, sore throat, cough, sneezing.
1 week: Muscle spasm and cold sweats replace cold symptoms.
1.5 weeks: Extreme body heat and loss of muscle movement.
2 weeks: Infected has a hard time staying awake and sharp pains erupt through the body.
2.5 weeks:
  1. Internal organs begin to fail and internal bleeding.
  2. Lungs fill with blood and the infected dies.
  3. The body has restarted and reverted back to primal instincts.

People infected revert back to primal instincts and only think of killing. They have very little energy in the night. In the day they have a lot of energy and can jog slowly. Any shot to the body that would kill a normal human can kill them.

}~~~{

Survivors

The Pack

The pack is known for their animalistic ways. Much like wolves The Pack has a hierarchy based on strength, the alpha being the strongest. Members of the pack are separated into 3 groups, hunters, protectors, and members. The hunters go out, kill, and bring the bodies back to eat. Protectors do like the name states, they protect the group from any undead or humans. The other members of the group take care of all the other little things like cleaning, watching after the young, washing clothes, or taking care of the elders. The Pack is also known for their inhuman abilities such as heightened senses, enhanced strength or speed, etc. When eating The Pack chooses to eat like wild animals, not cooking their food instead eating it raw. The Pack has not settled anywhere and often move from place to place, though they tend to stay in houses that are near each other so they may watch over the group.

Commodore

Commodore is a large group full of all manner of people, from elderly to kids. They are not hostile and will let almost anyone into their group. While they are friendly they are hostile to anyone trying to raid them or hurt their people. Commodore is a dictatorship with only a few people the leader trusts. The leader's name is Bain and to the group he is seen as a charming man with many good qualities but, really he's manipulative and easily angered. Bain is a ruthless fighter and will leave no one alive if he has too. Still, Commodore is actively searching for a cure to the virus but, have so far found nothing. There have been many setbacks including not being able to find subjects to work on. Their goal is to make a serum that will allow them to stop the spread of the virus and kill it in people just bitten.

The group settled down in Dayton Ohio, living in one of the many tall buildings. They managed to fix it up and make it a livable place though they are targeted by raiders very often making them slightly distrusting at first but, they will still accept them into the group, though they will watch you carefully. Commodore occupies 7 floors and has many rooms including a cafe for people to eat in.

}~~~{

Links

OOC - You are here
Character Index - Here
IC Thread - Work in Progress

Roster

Leader:
Second-in-Command:
Protectors:
Scavengers:
Hunters:

Chapters

Chapter 1

WIP

Last edited:
How many characters are we allowed to have?

For now 2
Alright, good to know. I will post a character some time this week if not the beginning of next week. Would it be okay for you to post first so that I know what is expected of me?

For now 2
Alright, good to know. I will post a character some time this week if not the beginning of next week. Would it be okay for you to post first so that I know what is expected of me?
Okie dokie and not at all I'm almost done with my character anyway, just a few more details and it should be up this week or the beginning of next :)

Reactions: Blood Lightning
Okay, first character is up. All I have to do is put in a backstory for her and I'll be all set to go.

Reactions: Lulunopia
@Luther Would you like to join? I'm still looking for people :D

Reactions: Luther
Where would the group RP be done?

It would be one in a thread on Iwaku :)

@Crony