Earth's Last Hope (( Signups/OOC ))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Element: Darkness

Name: Kieran

Appearance:
commission__Guide_of_Depth_by_Wen_M.jpg

Biography/ How did you become your element: Raised as a devotee to the darkness, his parents only taught him pain and suffering, as well as horrible moralities. But he doesn't know anything else. He grew up in a nomadic tribe in the desert, fighting for survival against the harsh elements. When he went once to hunt with his fellow nomads, they encountered a Bobcat. When it ran, they chased it, and the thing went into a cave set into a sand dune. However, there was something... off, about it. The shadows coming from it migrated toward them, as if drawn to them. Kieran was the first to dive into the cave, and immediately the temperature difference was staggering. But he continued on, noticing depictions on the walls that were related to the teachings of his shadow-worshiping clan. Not too much farther, he saw light in the darkness, made from unnatural purple flames. The people following him were nervous, and wanted to leave, but Kieran was just too curious.
The darkness pressed in on them like a living thing, cold and wet, and the air was getting difficult to breathe. But the cat didn't seem to be affected by this, and growled at the humans entering.
Suddenly, everything went still, except Kieran. It felt as if they were restrained, and even the Bobcat showed surprise as it yowled and moved it's head around. Kieran's blood went cold as the purple fire became brighter, illuminating an altar in front of them. It held a balance, one side holding multiple bones of different animals, the other holding stagnant blood, which gave the cave its' rotting smell. But what made Kieran nervous was... the shadows. They seemed to be condensing, forming a tangible figure with no actual shape, shifting uncontrollably. And... it spoke. In the most menacing voice, with higher accents, to make it sound like 20 people were talking at once.
He who enters this cave with wishes of power... must prove it by killing their friends.
Kieran covered his ears, not particularly paying attention to the words but hating the grating noise of the darkness. But it still came through, as if speaking from his mind.
The man to sacrifice their innocence is the one who is my ultimate follower.
At this, Kieran slowly relaxed. Looking around to the three people to have hunted with him, they looked so panicked he felt he could not possibly destroy them as he would animals. Then the darkness surrounded him, caressing him with cold and seeming to take on a venemous, sweet tone. But still creepy, considering the low and high voices.
You will be granted full power over darkness. You could do anything you wanted... you are in command of the shadows, and therefore in control of the people casting them.
As it curled around him like a snake, the others could see the darkness absorbing into him and his eyes turning a strange magenta.
Isn't this what you wanted?
Kieran grasped the handle of a knife, radiating darkness.
Ultimate power over everything?
Kieran raised the knife overhead, eyes looking everywhere but at his friend.
KILL THEM!
Kieran stabbed the knife into the head of his closest friend, seemingly not in control of his body. Black blood splattered over his face... and he laughs. He laughs maniacally, his eyes glowing and his hair turning black. His skin turned pale, and the darkness formed itself into a cloak around him.
......................................................................................................
After the deed is done, he comes out a different person. The darkness within has told him of the elements, and how they could destroy everything he lives for. Their ultimate goal is to destroy the elements...
And to have fun doing it.
I'm coming after you, kids.

Personality: Definitely bi-polar, since the darkness lives within him. His true self shows aspects of a decent human being, but when murder is involved his demons take over to turn him into a psychopathic maniac. He knows he can't turn back from the path he's taken... and he doesn't want to.

Okaaay... I could actually have use for you. You always try to kill the other elements before I get to them. That way, every element can have their own battle sequence.

As for your question, @Wolverbells , you can be anywhere in the United States that can be traveled to. Then you have to insert a picture at least related to the location you are in, like I used a picture that was drawn from some random football field. (It can't be a temple in the sky or an underwater fortress, lol)

Lastly @GYARA , I found a place that would be perfect for your type of character. Downtown Sacramento, California. It has plenty of crime for you to stop and a lot of people for you to help.

Is all of this okay with the other three "elements"?

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Wolverbells
Lovely! At the moment, Adair finds herself living in Boulder, Colorado. She's visiting an old friend from high school for a couple of weeks.

Boulder.jpg

Sounds good to me. Chi will be in the forest near the cave at the beginning of the rp, the cave-in incident happened recently if that's okay with you.

Sounds good to me. Chi will be in the forest near the cave at the beginning of the rp, the cave-in incident happened recently if that's okay with you.
It's fine by me! Well, I think we are ready to start! I will create the thread that is needed and I will be the first to reply so you can find it! I'll send you all the location once I'm done! SEE YOU WHEN WE'RE SAVING THE WORLD!!!

It's fine by me! Well, I think we are ready to start! I will create the thread that is needed and I will be the first to reply so you can find it! I'll send you all the location once I'm done! SEE YOU WHEN WE'RE SAVING THE WORLD!!!
Awesome XD
I won't be able to reply until later tonight. I'm so excited for this rp though XD

Hmm I think I should wait a few more posts before I put up my opening, if that is alright XD

Perfect :)

Reactions: Sinopa
Is there any room in this RP?
Sorry, but no there isn't. If one of the characters drops out though, I will tell you and then you can take it or leave it.

Hey everyone, I just needed to let y'all know that I won't be participating in this RP. In real life, stuff's happening that makes me not able to start any Role Plays. So @Damien Kriez I was hoping you could take over my character...? You know, if not able to, I might have time, but I won't exactly post often because of my problems IRL. Again, sorry.

@Damien Kriez if you decide that you can take my character over, you may change anything you want. Thank you again.

@TheBountyHunter Okay, have you started? I actually have my own character that can manipulate the Darkness, if that's okay. If you guys have started RPing, I can play this character, no changes. :)

@TheBountyHunter Okay, have you started? I actually have my own character that can manipulate the Darkness, if that's okay. If you guys have started RPing, I can play this character, no changes. :)
Only Necro and Wolver have posted in IC =3

@Necropolis Is there any rule the darkness has to follow, or am I free to do whatever I imagine with such evil power?

@Sinopa Hello, where can I get the link to the IC? :)

Is there any rule the darkness has to follow, or am I free to do whatever I imagine with such evil power?
There are only TWO rules that you have to follow with the element of darkness. Rule one is that your "boss" is a mass of ultimate evil in outer space that is coming to destroy the earth. Rule two is that you can't actually kill any of the elements because that would officially end the story. You only allowed to come close to killing them 3 times, and a perfect example is that you could... say... throw one of the characters off a cliff. He/she will be at the most, mortally wounded, but they won't actually die per-say. It will setback the story a bit though because than the other elements will have to go and search for the other element. Other than that, you can be as much of an evil BAD ASS as you want to be.

Tell me if these terms are not acceptable for you and I will try to think of a way to make it better for us all. :awesome:

@Damien Kriez I'm totally fine with you using your own character, 'cause I'm not playing anymore. =) If you want to use your original character, that's awesome.

Me and @Necropolis talked in Private Message about me basically following the elements, trying to kill them as Fire meets each of the other elements.

In the story right now, I was originally going to randomly appear in the middle of their conversation and try to kill them both, but their combined strength would push me back and have them gain a newfound respect for each other... you follow?

You can do something different, I respect it. Just suggesting what I would've done. =3

The reason why I'm asking if there are any specificities when it came to the Darkness is because I've been roleplaying as a Vessel of the Darkness since the beginning. Haha. Check this CS out and if you like it, I can reuse it! :) I slightly edited it to appease the elemental aspects of the story.

Element: Darkness
Name: Damien Kriez
Biography and Element Origin:
In the beginning, there was naught but a colourful realm of infinite breadth, where two great titans of creation had nigh eternally warred - the Light, the knightly sum of benevolence, holiness, order, and light, and the Darkness, the ungodly embodiment of malevolence, wickedness, chaos, and darkness. For eons they clashed, until the righteous Light dealt a decisive blow to the heart of Darkness - tearing the monstrous entity asunder. During its final moments, the Darkness spoke in chorus. Multitudes of demonic voices echoed all throughout. Upon hearing the voice of Darkness, the Light was thrown into a state of gripping fear, for it was the first time the living horror had spoken. It prophesied, warning its eternal foe to beware the coming of life, for it shall fall and usher in a new age of war and suffering. The Darkness, as weak as it was, devoured the distraught Light with its all-consuming vastness. Bound by its sense of honour, the Light mustered all its power and, in a self-sacrificial flash of explosive light, tore open the very fabrics of reality. This caused all of existence to burn in a cataclysmic implosion and, for time immemorial, there was absolutely nothing. The grey void had spanned throughout all of infinity for what seemed like an eternity... until one fateful day.

The grey void blackened yet again, and the spirit of the Darkness emerged from its inexistence. The blackness of everything made it assume that its foe and antithesis, the Light, met its true demise at the Darkness' own, monstrous hands. However, its manic joy was short-lived, as the blackness that surrounded its malevolent spirit was, for some reason, silent and still. It could not be swayed or assimilated back into the entity's spirit. It did not respond to its commands. It was not anymore an extension of the Darkness itself, but rather a more, natural, universal void, much to its dismay. In its wake, orbs of multi-coloured light and fire kindled in the vast blackness and with it, other foreign materials and substances. Fearing for its existence, the dark entity hid in a desolate, lifeless land, knowing that the Light will come again, just as the Darkness did. The Light, however, came as was prophesied, and followed its dark enemy.

While the darkness and light continued their nigh-eternal war in the barren lands, the environment changed through the times. The once forsaken planet grew vegetation, mountains, bodies of water, cycles of time, as well as the living creatures of the sky, sea, and earth. Even other planes of existence tore open into the mortal realm, flooding the Earth with otherworldly visitors. On the first day of the seventh century, both man and woman were born into the world. Together, the humans, the creatures, and the spirits lived in perfect harmony. After the Creation, the entities of Light and Darkness could no longer fight as the titans they once were. The Darkness, despite its newfound weakness, took refuge in the heart of Cain, the First Son of the First Man, who in his corruption by the Darkness, attempted to kill his brother, Abel. Enraged at its insatiable hunger to do evil, the Light took refuge in the heart of Abel and blessed him with its holy powers, protecting the boy from his elder brother's attempt to murder him. As fierce as the battle between the brothers was, the Darkness emerged triumphant and the Light's existence and consciousness separated into Fire, Earth, Air, and Water. They would partake in ceaseless battle, and an imperishable cycle of vengeance and justice would be forged throughout the years. Only this time, at the cost of human lives. That is the tale of how the Darkness came to be in the mortal realm.

After countless millennia of Vessels, carnage, and war with the Light, the Darkness entity finds itself in the freshly blackened heart of a young man named Damien Kriez.

Damien Kriez hails from the Rapture Isles: a bustling, corporate-driven, New York-esque city of sin and the night life, on a remote island between New Zealand and the Antarctic. As a young lad, Damien was a prodigy; he excelled in his academics and lived in loving obedience to his parents. He didn't have a lot of friends, but he was satisfied in the pages of his books and the warmth of his family. After the death of his father at the hands of his mother, who went insane and set herself and the entire estate ablaze, Damien took to the streets. His sanity had wavered, and apathy and coldness corrupted his once lively heart. For years, Damien lived in poverty and ridicule. One day, while visiting his parents' mausoleum, Damien was shocked to see it being ransacked and ruined - with a group of grave robbers looting the mausoleum for precious gold and other possessions that Damien's parents had been buried with. Captured by the same people who destroyed his parents' graves, Damien was severely beaten and left for dead. At that moment, a malignant chorus of demonic voices spoke within the corners of Damien's mind, turning his eyes black, his pupils white, and his skin pale. To his side, the chest of his deceased mother's body burst violently, filling the mausoleum with black smog and ooze. A tentacle emerged forth from the heart of his mother, piercing Damien's own - making him vomit black ooze, hyperventilate, and collapse. Upon his crude awakening, Damien was immediately thrown into a state of fear and confusion, for the first thing he saw was the bodies of his assailers mangled, mutilated, beheaded, and impaled on various pieces of debris. They were horribly and bloodily disfigured. Body parts, torn limbs, disembodied heads, intestines and innards, teeth and bones were scattered all over the room, and gallons of blood were smeared all over the walls and floor.

"Your flesh is mine... Your will is mine... Embrace the Darkness." whispered the wicked voices. Over time, the Darkness within Damien's heart and mind did what the trauma of his parents' deaths could not: completely break his psyche. Though he maintained an external guise of composure, Damien turned into naught but an even emptier shell of who he once was. Now a sadistic, egomaniacal, malevolent, deceitful, and manipulative authoritarian, Damien lives without purpose. Every decision and every action he makes, every step he takes, every thought he thinks, is by the influence of and for the glory of the Darkness, whether he likes it or not. Truly, his humanity is forever lost. Not even a hint of it resides with Damien's heart, soul, and mind. That is the tale of the Vessel, Damien Kriez.

Personality: Damien is as every bit as cold, cruel, manipulative, and enigmatic as the element he hosts within himself. As the Vessel of the Darkness, Damien holds great power at the cost of his own heart, soul, and mind. Far from being a simple 'psychotic maniac,' Damien lives by his own tainted sense of morality and sanity. Unlike many past vessels of the Darkness, Damien isn't easily enraged or psychotic. The Darkness has Damien more detached and uncaring for the lives of others, especially the innocent. Despite this ungodly, corruptive power flowing through his veins, Damien is also a silver-tongued, charismatic young man. His falsifications sound almost always convincing and true, as the Darkness helps him control the emotions by devouring them. Despite the Darkness feeding off of Damien's life-force, emotions, and humanity, Damien himself does not act like the empty shell he truly is, hence his proficiency in convincing others of his "nature." He will definitely pretend to be a simple human without powers, waiting ever so patiently to stab them all in the back. This Vessel is also cunning and intelligent beyond comparison, being an expert strategist and fearless agent of his dark master. Devoid of arrogance and hubris, the Vessel knows when to fight, when to refrain, and when to flee. If he needs to retreat, then he does so, humbly, as to destroy them in the future. In a nutshell, Damien is whoever his quarries think he is, save for the Vessel of the Darkness: a friend in any situation, a helpless dolt, a kindred spirit… until they are ultimately consumed by the Darkness itself.

Appearance: Aside from the image below, the Vessel stands at 6'6". He is very tall and has a slender albeit toned physique. He can choose to smile gently, laugh, and look friendly and approachable. However, those expressions mask what his black heart holds. He wears casual clothes on the semi-formal side of fashion. He also dresses up in mostly black.
darkness_by_aworksinc-d8cdb9t.jpg

Powers and Abilities:

The Darkness gifts Damien with a number of extraordinary feats:

Body: The Darkness gifts the Vessel with the power of limited creation and self-malformation. One of the primary murder-oriented abilities of the Darkness is the ability to spawn solid constructs such as gnarled blades, destructive claws, oozing tentacles, and slender tendrils from the body. Damien can also use the symbiotic, fluid-like trait of the Darkness to disfigure himself into an arsenal of deadly biological weapons, such as a six foot long bladed arm which releases a flurry of swift attacks, being able to cut through steel, a pair of razor sharp claws, or a sentient tentacle to act as a whip that can stretch up to twenty feet and eviscerate enemies from afar. If the Darkness wills it, the Vessel himself can metamorphose into a colossal, demonically enhanced aberration that can personally tend to the Darkness' needs.

Summon: The Vessel has the ability call upon the sentient demonic creations of the Darkness. These children of the Darkness are the stuff of nightmares and they possess a wide variety of shapes and sizes, from beings as small as little imps, to destructive titans that dwarf even tallest of buildings. Some can be serpentine, bipedal, chiropteran, crustacean, cephalopodal, or arthropodal in likeness - depending on the situation.

As living extensions of the Darkness, they are all efficient albeit pitiless creatures of the night. Each and every one of the Darkness demons have different abilities and competences in the field of battle and, under Damien's command, operate like a well-oiled machine. The demons' appearances depend on the Vessel's imagination and connection with his surroundings. Because of this, most if not all creations of the Darkness tend to be beings of the highest evolution and adaptation. However, the larger the demon, the less of it can be created and sent into the field of battle.

Examples of these creatures are the Darklings, impish demons the size of wolves, who act like the Darkness' footmen, the Serpents, serpentine demons that emerge from the Vessel's back, who whip, tear, and spit streams of highly corrosive acid blood with great accuracy and precision, and Perdition, a titan among beasts - with the armoured yet slimy body of a demonic crustacean and blade-like frontal claws to eviscerate everything in its ruinous path, as well as spew out a viscous, nauseating sludge that hardens upon impact against a solid surface.

Defence: The Vessel is nigh-invulnerable. Though he is still very much subject to the effects of time, sorcery, the elements, fire, and death, Damien is unsusceptible to many other attacks, such as all things physical. Amputate the Vessel's limb, and he immediately reconstitutes it. Decapitate him, and you will find Damien's disembodied head grow spider-like limbs and scurry off, leaving his abandoned form to disembowel you itself. Shoot the Vessel, and you will find your bullets flying back towards you. The Vessel is immune to mental attacks as well, seeing as Damien's thoughts are heavily influenced by the Dread Lord. Other feats include being invulnerable to all known poisons, toxins, and chemicals, as well as natural diseases. Though Damien is a master of self regeneration, it would still take a long time to fully reconstitute a missing or heavily damaged body part, depending on the damage itself. However, as the power's name suggests, the Darkness is truly weak against the Light. However, since the Light split into four different elements, the Darkness has an edge against them.

Feats of the Darkness: The Vessel wields a variety of dark powers either gifted to him by the Darkness or birthed by his own imagination. When faced against a little force of light and fire, the Vessel can spew out a minuscule black hole. Inspired by astronomical studies, Damien co-created this black hole with the Darkness, seeing as real black holes devour light. Just as their larger counterparts, the Hellmouths, as Damien baptised, swallow all particles of light within an area, as well as any target Damien might order it to siphon, crushing and bloodily grinding them from within, and finally ending its linear rampage with an explosive discharge of dark energies and corrosive blood. Too much light, whatever source, however, can destroy the black hole and momentarily disintegrate or at the very least, burn the Vessel.

Intellect: Damien possesses strategic expertise and a brilliant, cunning mind. The Vessel is able to adapt to almost any situation be it in a battle or not. His intellect is a weapon that greatly helps the Darkness influence his actions. He is well-versed in ancient and modern tactics of war and is a master of the impromptu. Damien is multi-talented in the fields of fine arts, engineering, anatomy, biology, astronomy, rhetoric, and architecture, among other things, and has manifested these skills by creating various demonic creatures of the great Darkness. The Vessel is endowed with an innate ability to deceive, manipulate, and coerce others into doing certain things for his gain. He is extremely observant when it comes to his surroundings. As a maestro of battle strategy, Damien makes every effort to be one step ahead of his foes. The Vessel will not hesitate to retreat, cower, and throw away his pride and dignity to achieve later greatness and victory. He is also shown to be very patient and theoretical in battle - having a "wait-and-see" attitude. He is silver-tongued, and can create falsified tales on the spot. He is also shown to be an agile and nimble fighter, utilising dirty tactics, low blows, humiliation, trickery, as well as morbid untruths when he is forced to fight powerless.

9455558414216597.jpg

5255558414216597.jpg
9355558414216597.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm. There's something weird about this, I don't know how to make it nice looking. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.