Earth-Neo :: Shared DC Comics RP

O

OppositeInverse

Original poster
DC-Logo-Suicide-Squad.jpg

I was thinking of starting a DC RP that instead of classifying it as an Alternate Universe, I'd rather see it as an Original Universe with AU elements combined with creating and making a Shared Universe. Characters and Heroes would be free to alter things about the canon characters as they so pleased. For example, characters can be gender-swapped, and even take up different mantles (Superman could be named Savior instead, The Dark Knight could be a female, etc. ) I wanted to start with a grounded story to introduce characters and create a new lore, and then start to build upon it from there. The plot would be something like so:

In the present modern day with technology on the rise and human complacency at the cost of social conformity and civil injustices, mankind only adds to the ever changing expanse, as a brooding truth of vigilante and self-justice weaves itself into play for human history. But, at the wake of a new incredible spectacle, a figure seen moving through the skies with the power of a god... reflections of a distant past come back to fruition as the definition of power is yet changed and challenged once again. When this ideal explodes into an unexpected flurry of impossibilities, reality as the world knows it will forever change. Earth will don a new light, but also spawns a coming darkness for the inhabitants exposed to this brave new world. Can this light of the chosen few rise to become something more? Or will society only backlash and crumble under the waking darkness?

I basically said all that to say that other then a VERY small population of vigilantes (the most famous being The Dark Knight), the appearance and rise of Superman has put society into both disarray and faith. Superman will essentially be the first truly superpowered being to have surfaced publicly to mankind, and with that the rise of supernatural and superpowered occurrences will surely happen. This will set off a chain of events that will form Earth-Neo's universe and begin to expand on building the world and lore. I already have the antagonist threat, it's not cosmic or too grand just to be able to have characters and heroes develop into their powers and who they are. With that being said, I'll obviously need some things to happen for this version to work, along with some preferences:

• I will need someone to play Batman, and someone to play Superman
  • I will only allow ONE character to be played per person. I don't want this RP flooded with diluted characters. I would like actual character development and intrigue.
  • NO OC's. I'm not making that mistake again (bad experiences lol).
  • ALL DC/Wildstorm characters are up for grabs, and can be adapted as seen fit; From A-list to D-list characters. If you wish to adapt anyone from the Watchmen or JSA ask me first, I have a special plot with them involved.
  • This will be a fairly mature RP with themes of death, brutality, suggestive themes, drugs, grit, etc. (Have you heard of Gotham City?)
  • No mary / gary sues... for obvious reasons.
  • I want to use REAL FACE CLAIMS, Concept Art or Digital Art pics, which are basically a mix between realistic looking pics. Perfect examples if you can't find a face claim would be like Batman here, or Superman here,.
  • Do not join if you know you'll ditch or not stay committed, this is a expansive RP and everyone will matter and be important no matter who they play.
  • Be reasonable enough to know if you pick a lesser character/power you may not be able to hang with the likes of Darkseid and such. As well as knowing not to expect team ups like Teen Titans to happen before the JLA is even formed. Everything will have an organic approach.
  • It's preferred that if you play a non-powered/vigilante character you would have been working for some time in secret. Superpowered / Meta's will NOT be officially or publicly known of so don't ask me to already have your character's abilities already honed and adapted for years IC.
  • It's preferred that if you play a powered/meta character that you're creating an origin point for getting your powers, or just very recently getting them. There will be a few exceptions just ask me first if your character would be one depending on who you choose.
  • As I mentioned, characters may be altered in appearance and slight alteration to backstory, but be sure to keep the key events the same (Ex. Batman's death of parents can't change, but they way they died can be || Superman cannot change that he crash landed on Earth, but maybe he's Daxamite instead of Kryptonian or maybe Kara landed first and was adopted by the Kent's instead of him.. etc.)
  • I will be playing a modified version of Flash, named Scarlet Allen. She will not have her powers when the RP starts and the events of IC will lead to her getting her speed. I'm very down for relationships with other characters and even romance subplotting but realistically she wouldn't know the likes of the Bruce Wayne's of the world (yet) so just keep things like this in mind when forming links to other characters.

I think that's pretty much it! Any questions or concerns just ask! I hope people are on board for this I feel like it can really go somewhere!

This is just an interest check, depending on interest will decide if I want to move this forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested!

Interested. Threw a concept of Starfire in.

Last edited:
Interested!

This could be fun. Assuming I have the time... Interested

I'd be down. Mind if we start claiming characters ahead of time?

Who would you guys be interested in playing?

I'll reiterate that it would be relatively street level to start out with.

Who would you guys be interested in playing?

I'll reiterate that it would be relatively street level to start out with.

I'll PM you, but I don't see him being an issue at the current moment; Robin (Dicj Grayson or a modified version of the character inspired by Dick)

Last edited:
I am thinking starfire. I pmed you about her.

2869814-nothing_like_a_redhaired_girl_with_emerald_eyes_xd_by_nebezial-d59rheg.jpg

These two are one picture.
forgot_to_upload_these_by_nebezial-db1hgir.jpg

atomhawk-design-atomhawk-injustice2-starfire.jpg

starfire_by_malla13-d4lug0v.jpg

Last edited:
Street level to start with

Jason blood be ok
Hmmm, not sure how much supernatural themes will be included to begin but you're free to use whoever you please, even rearrange some backstories. (Ex. Jason Blood could be the Constantine of this universe, etc.)

Reactions: OppositeInverse
Either Hal Jordan, Jason Todd or the original Huntress.
If you want to play Jason Todd you might want to get with mr_pibbs because he's playing Robin, and I think his story was Robin was the only trainee under Batman, but you are absolutely free to make Todd independent of the Bat family altogether if you'd like. And with Helena were you going to keep her info the same or tweak some things?

If you want to play Jason Todd you might want to get with mr_pibbs because he's playing Robin, and I think his story was Robin was the only trainee under Batman, but you are absolutely free to make Todd independent of the Bat family altogether if you'd like. And with Helena were you going to keep her info the same or tweak some things?
If I play him, I'd like to keep him part of the Batman. If that doesn't link up with the timeline tho, I can tweak some things. As for Helena, I'd like to keep her backstory, it's one of my favorite things about her.

Reactions: OppositeInverse
If I play him, I'd like to keep him part of the Batman. If that doesn't link up with the timeline tho, I can tweak some things. As for Helena, I'd like to keep her backstory, it's one of my favorite things about her.

I'm down to chat if you're willing to as well, pretty flexible about how I want to approach Robin.

• Love
Reactions: neptune