Earth, a wasteland and not one human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh I'll be fine. No need to worry your pretty little head about me." He'd grin beneath his powersuit's helmet, "This ride is a lot longer than I remember. How long have you been up? Out of Cryo sleep that is." He'd question, curious as to how so many of them were so young; himself included, and be chosen for this kinda crazy shit. Hell. He knew he was good. But THAT good? Come on... He'd cast his gaze upon the members of this squad, analyzing them based upon the way they carried themselves into this war. They were pretty impressive, but something didn't sit well with him. They had a chink in their chain and that could cost them dearly.

"Long enough to know that most of us aren't gonna come back alive or in one piece." she remarked, her dark brown eyes seeming to sparkle in the dim light of the ship. "And just by looking at you AND your armor, i can already tell your going to be a big mess to take care of."

Rex would tilt his head, focusing upon the girl, "Who are you again?" He'd grin, shaking his head, "I'd like to know the name of my analyzer and what exactly you meant by that comment." He'd raise a hand pointing at her, shaking it at her loosely, "How exactly am I gonna be a mess to take care of? Hmmm?" He'd finish , bringing his finger to the chin of his helmet.

"Name's Ki, short for Kirtana. Last name Shepard..." she said, hoping he wouldn't know of her parents, Richard Shepard and Alice Shepard. Her dad was the former Commander of a ship whose name she did not know, but it wouldn't surprise her if some people knew of him. "And what i mean is that if you don't get your head out of your ass and start taking this seriously, your gonna end up with more than just gunshot wounds with that armor."

Rex would look at her with surprise from beneath his helmet, was he really so good at hiding his emotions that this chick had the gall to say he wasn't taking this seriously? What hell? Who the hell was she to act like she knew what he was going through. If he wasn't so thrashed from everything he'd already gone through down there... He would growl at the thought, "I'm not some civvie in power armor. I'm a weapon. Bred into the military lifestyle, enlisted at sixteen, and perfected to wear this suit. A lot happens in... Wait." He tried to remember his age, but he couldn't possibly be twenty one anymore... There's no way that something like this could happen to the world in just a year... No way...

Last edited:
She watched as he seemed to go into thought, frowning more as she looked at him. "This is exactly what i mean...were in the future...possibly many years from when we were first cryo-freezed..." she said, approaching him slowly. It was shown that she was much shorter than he was, almost by a foot, but still willing to stand up to him. "This is the world we live in now...time to wake up and smell the ashes..."

John looked at the other as he silently sat next to the nurse, he could her the behind the scenes bickering between two of the members and quite honestly it began to get on his nerves "HEY!" he said with a loud voice and looked at both of them "Sit down and keep quiet, we don't care who you are, who you were or who you had in your family that was 'oh, so famous' what shows here is skill, not attitude, 'nor appearance." he said in a deep and rugged voice, it felt battle tested and scarred "He can have his head so far up his ass I don't even care how far... what I do care is though if he has the ability to stand and hold his gun and to me it seems pretty good." he said as he looked at both of them from time to time "Now sit your ass down miss pretty pretty before someone decides to throw you out of the ship, and I doubt you would be able to handle even one of the soldiers here female or male, and I am not talking about shooting your gun, even my ." he said as he then leaned back into his seat "Che... I hate pretty, pretty leader misses. They are even worse than stuck up bitches." he said and then pressed a few times on his wrist display. A noise began playing in his helmet and he seemed to zone out.

Dimitri chuckled to himself as the arguments from the other soldiers fluttered into the cockpit. So Glad everyone's getting along. He thought. He decided to intervene, as had john. He reached ahead and grabbed his ship wide speaker, and pressed the little button the side of the small black box. "Kids, if you don't calm down I'm turning this gunship around and you can stay at home." His voice resonated throughout the ship, out of a few speakers lining the walls.

"Oh hell no." He'd raise his voice much louder than he had with Ki, bringing The Berserker up from its rested postion in the seat next to him; with full intentions of removing this guys head from his shoulders, his finger hovering above the trigger and twitching ever so slightly. "This nigga really had to open his fucking mouth? You gotta be fucking shittin me." His lip curled beneath his helmet, the urge to squeeze off a round into the back of his head growing stronger and stronger, his rage welling up inside him. This chump didn't even need to open his fucking mouth. He could've done exactly what he was doing right now. But no. This guy liked to hear himself speak. Like he had power over any one of them, "Tch. Good riddance." He'd mutter, going to squeeze the trigger just as Dimitri's voice sounded from the walls; raising his finger away from the Spartan's impending doom, and listening to the pilots words. He clearly wasn't talking to him. He hadn't even raised his voice until then. He wasn't even arguing.

"It wasn't even that crucial man." He'd growl, lowering his weapon and turning his attention to Kirtana as she walked away, "Its like everyone on this bitch got a stick up their ass.." He'd chuckle, "As soon as they sat down in here."

Last edited:
Ki snickered a bit, watching the two with almost glowing brown eyes. "Heh, you think i'm REALLY gonna listen to a guy like you?" she asked, fixing the gun sling on her shoulder as her hood fell to her neck. "I only take orders from my commanding officer, not from a guy who apparently has some obvious annoyance issues."

Minami's eyes fluttered as a pleasant warmth washed over her cold body as she awoke from cryo sleep. Her head ached and throbbed and her body felt stiff as if she had slept for ages, but in her mind it was as if she had just closed her eyes. The fall back of cryo sleep, which she deeply hated at that.

Minami stepped out of the pod, wobbly on her feet as she tried to find her balance. Some people tried to help her, but she waved them off and simply looked around her curiously.
She appeared to be on a ship, in some kind of special cryo-sleep pod storage. It faintly resembled a med-bay, she noticed.
After regaining her balance she smiled a bit as she could properly move her tail again and did some quick stretches to get reacquainted with her mechanical features.
She turned to a girl nearby and getured ay her. 'I wish ti have my belongings. My suit, my weapons, all of it. And I would like to get a room to shower and change.' she stated as she brushed through her long black hair.
The girl quickly lead her to a small room with a bunk bed and a desk in it as well as a tiny shower in a seperate compartment.

After the girl left Minami took a satisfyingly hot shower to wash all the cold from her body, before walking out while drying her hair and preparing to get her suit on.

Ryan continued to stay seated in the cockpit with rifle in arms, his pack on the floor beside him. Turning his head to look at Dimitri he sighed. "We are professionals, no? There should be no reason for them to act like children." He placed his rifle on top of his pack and tapped his wrist monitor. As he tapped his wrist, the entire screen lit up and a list of commands were visible. "When you drop us off ill get a drone launched from the ground. You do not have to watch from the air, it would be better for you to close up the ship and walk on the surface with the rest of us."

(For those of you wondering...)
SoldierGuy_opt.gif

Dimitri put the microphone back into its place and shifted in his seat chuckling. "When you drop us off ill get a drone launched from the ground. You do not have to watch from the air, it would be better for you to close up the ship and walk on the surface with the rest of us." Ryan said. Dimitri slowly looked behind him, with a face that clearly showed Dimitri's confusion. After a second to let the expression to sink in Dimitri said "You think that a pilot with very little combat experience or training is going to get out of his ship to fight in an enemy hotspot? No thanks, I'm trained to do strafing runs not running strafes."

The floor was shaking. Something was happening. Was the station being attacked? 5 more minutes, Mother. I don't want to go to war today. Shay slowly rose out of the depths of sleep. Things actually were shaking. Where he was, he didn't know. He sat up quickly, hitting his head on something hard. "Urf!" He rolled over and dropped about 6 feet, hitting a hard floor. Groaning softly, he slowly raised himself onto his elbows, rubbing his chin where it had collided with the floor. Blood... The metallic taste filled his mouth. Must've bitten my tongue...

He swallowed the blood and opened his eyes, looking around. He saw that he was on a ship with multiple others doing various things. Oh yeah. I slept on the ship so as not to be late. Blood was dribbling down his chin and dripping onto the floor. Swallowing again, he stood up and stretched. He looked around and saw a doctor nearby. Maybe I should get my tongue looked at. There's quite a lot of blood. He walked over nonchalantly. As if falling from above was an everyday occurrence for him. "Hey. Could you look at my tongue for me? I bit it and I can't tell how bad it is." He tilted his head slightly as he said this, smiling slightly in an attempt to be friendly. Truthfully, he wanted to ditch this lot as soon as they landed. But orders were orders, had to follow them. And that meant sticking with his team.

Cryo-stasis is meant to leave the body is a temporary state of paralysis while preserving it in a suspended animation. Keeping the brain and alive while the body is shut down, no movement, no thoughts, nothing. The stasis tubes open once the occupant's vital signs are detected, releasing them from their subzero prison. Though some are late bloomers from their arctic rebirth and have to will themselves out of their comatose state and into consciousness. Fingers twitch, muscles contract, and eyelids swimmers as the body tries to return itself to life. Bits and flashes of memories so forgotten can even plague the occupants, perhaps even shocking them awake, the silhouette of a large body outlined itself within the tube, still motionless. Within the mind of this hulking gargantuan, the flashes of syringes plunging into his skin, saws whirring, and endless reconstructive torture plagued his mind, jolting him back into steady consciousness. Soulless grey eyes opened up and a hand was quickly placed against the clear material of the stasis tube, piercing through it, an alarm blaring in his head as he forced an exit from the thing. The soldier burst forth from the tube like butterfly leaving a cocoon only much less serene. Metal boots thundered against the flooring beneath as he stepped down. Loud metallic grinding sounds rang out as large wrist blades came out before retracting back. The behemoth within the armor stood at a tall 7'6, weighing 315 pounds, the armor he wore was a pearl white, hints of dirt and minor scratches from training were present, making him seem a bit more intimidating than he could have been perceived as. The soldier made his way into the hangar, disregarding a choice of weapon, he already had two good ones on his arms. The programmed desire to fight and spill blood was to say the least, his eyes bearing down at the others that seemed to be similar to him in a way, he wanted to fight them, even kill them. Thankfully his helmet hid his look, or, else he would have probably raised some mental alarms. His enhanced body allowed his senses to work far better than any others, he could hear the sound of talking, the argumentative kind at that. The behemoth followed the noise and entered the immediate area, staring daggers at the ones within the altercation.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Drakel
Minami heard the commotion from down the hall and looked up interested. There seemed to be some kind of fight or accident going on. She slipped into her suit, which closed seemlessly around her body and flicked her tail as she placed her weapons on her body.

She headed down the hall and blinked when she saw the sight and walked forward. 'Hey, hey easy big guy.' she stated at a calm tone.

The soldier snapped in the direction of a voice, glancing down at the female he towered over. An intimidating look still burned through his helmet, down at her, his wrist blades sliding from their individual sheath. A low, metallic growl sounded from the helmet toward the female, likely to have her back off. He turned to face her, his whole body facing her, staring down at her, his massive body subtly rising and falling as he took breaths.

• Bucket of Rainbows
She didn't step back when the stranger turned her way and took out two short, but sturdy swords as he growled at her. She preferred to fight with thinner blades, but was sure the soldier was stronger than her in terms of raw strength.
'Hey, calm down dude.' she said in a harsher tone than before. 'You just woke up, chill out.'
Her tail was flicking lightly in anticipation and she glanced at the cryo-pod the male had broken out of, strangely fully suited. She gestured at a nurse to get a tranq ready just in case, keeping a steady eye on the male.

Ki decided to explore the ship a little before going back to the crew, wandering around the halls until she arrived at the medbay. She saw three people : The nurse, some guy who just got out of cryosleep, and another female. Freezing up, she made sure to stay back a bit, incase she needed to run and get help if something happened.

He didn't like her tone all too well, nor did her enjoy her defensive reaction toward him, if she wanted to act like he was hostile, that was the treatment she'd get. His right arm came smashing down in her direction, unknowingly he was using an unnecessary amount of strength, his blade coming down toward her. In the back of his mind he wondered how he'd fare if the others tried to attack him, he'd probably be thrown back stasis if he kept this up. Before he had even made contact he stopped, the momentum behind his strike would have been the only hitting her and it'd most likely barely register to her. His blade retracted back into its sheath, a subtle crackle of electricity sparked around him for a second. She wasn't his enemy, he knew what was though.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.