Earth, a wasteland and not one human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing at the doctor's offer, Ryan shook his head as if to say yes. "Yup, throw me into the front line and I will quickly die." He turned and made his way for the ship, only to stop as Dimitri made a comment. "We are all about to most likely be killed and you are making jokes, this is not proper at all. I hope you are shot down sometime after we land." Ryan sighed and stepped onto the ship following Dimitri to the cockpit. "We need to get going, the zone is most likely not secure and I need to keep in contact with any survivors." He tapped his wrist monitor and the screen began to glow, Ryan gave the engineers permission to open the hanger doors in ten minutes. "After everyone boards the ship, go ahead and open the doors."

Justice woke up with a jolt when something poked her cheek. She bolted upright, causing things to fall off of her, like her tools and pieces of steel. Justice groaned loudly and rubbed her face before grabbing her cap. "Morning, WICK." She said to the droid that had awoke her and put on her cap. It was a first generation Droid, so it didn't look like much, but she loved that thing and had fixed it up a little. "What's up?" She asked. "You.Are.Late." It said. Justice had to think for a couple of seconds with her sleepy head before her eyes went wide. "Damn it!" She shouted. "WICK, why didn't you wake me sooner?! They're going to leave without me!" Justice snarled as she got in her suit, good thing she had already packed her bags. She clicked her last tools into her suit and gave everything a quick check up. "Okay, tools: 1,2,3…8,9, check." She mumbled and checked her bag. "Grenades, handgun, shotguns… Grenade, sonic blazers, okay got it all." She said and swung her bags over her shoulders. "By WICK. Don't make anything blow up while I'm gone!"

Justice ran out of her room/workspace and ran towards the hangar she was supposed to be at. Left, right.. No! Left! Justice thought and made a sharp turn right for some reason. Her sense of direction had been ruined after to many electric shocks and unexpected explosions due to experiment failure. She stumbled to a halt when she saw the ship still there. "Ha.ha." WICK said through her com. "I.got.you." Justice growled and held a finger against her helmet. "I going to shut you down when I get back." She snarled and headed towards the spaceship.

Koda began exploring the desert style area, seeing few mutants out here. Koda had his ABG-70 close to him with his HDF-20 on his belt. Koda hadn't known how long he had been out, just that he had been out for a long time. Koda had hoped that the station would get Koda's message, because for his sake he was stranded out here. Koda then heard a loud screech, he looked back to see two Mutants running at him. Koda quickly aimed and shot both in the skull and the two quickly fell to the ground.

As Dimitri watched the group get into the hold the crazy doctor looked at him, and Dimitri saw her wink at him. He flirtatiously winked back with a smirk, but his eyes were brought up at the appearance of another soldier apparently a bit late for her mission. "Sleep in or did just enjoy the big black view sweet cheeks." Dimitri said to her mockingly, easily forgetting what Ryan said about jokes, as she entered. "Find a chair, we're just about off." He said, before turning around and following Ryan into the cockpit, and himself in the large seat at the head. He interlocked his fingers and pushed them outward, getting a good crack in. He began the last few necessary preps and checks.

Wisecracking, hot-headed and bold beyond all recognition, Rex Sabbath wasn't exactly your everyday run of the mil soldier. He was a slacker, no point in sugar coating it; because that's exactly what he'd tell ya, but he performed his duties outstandingly when you could get his head in the game. Before the cryonap, he was what you'd call the Calvary; fitted with state of the art power armor and fully customized weaponry, his favorite being the one he called The Berserker; a beautifully crafted automatic machine gun with an equally automatic barrel clip fed shotgun attachment built into it, you sent him in and he was the only person walking out.

Crazy what a lot of video gaming and zombie preparation could turn a guy like him into. Probably helped that his kin were a bunch of gun toting Jarheads back in the day.

To not a single person's knowledge, he had been aboard the gunship the entire time; right from the moment the last pilot uttered his final words and damn near crashed it into the hangar, listening to the goings on between the seemingly ragtag group of soldiers. It was after a few long moments and several fits of restrained laughter that he finally decided to reveal his presence on the ship, "Heeeellloooooo, Nurse!" he'd exclaim, appearing behind Dr. Valtez with surprising stealth despite still being clad from head to toe in his armor, with exuberant energy.

After mumbling to herself about one of Dimirtris jokes and commenting with one of her own you mama jokes with a chuckle was about to take out a file that was classified for her eye only that is until someone interrupted her. Valtez nerves would light up like a Christmas tree as someone poped up behind her. Her eye becomes huge and she nearly jumps out of her seat and even drops one of the files she was refreshing her memory with. Turning around would glare at this newcomer who had supposedly been there this whole time. She did not enjoy that greeting very much especially to be called nurse. "Thats Doctor to you." Would say with nearly a growl. Yes, she was a nurse but that was a while ago, before that fateful day and incident. With a sigh would pick up her things and then look at this man who nearly made her jump out of her skin. "Well good day to you too, do you have a blood type? Or do I need to take a sample?" Her voice tone was confusing, it almost sounded like a threat, yet sarcastic like another sick joke of hers.

As Koda wandered the desert wastes it pained her to feel two more minds destroyed by his weapon. She could feel their screams rattle her skull as the nerves exploded in their heads. They never had a chance to scream the way they died instantly...not with their mouths at least. There was one...a human...here but they were supposed to be gone were they not? Just then she felt the claws of one of her care takers take a huge gash out of her side and lets out a scream. In the dim light can see movement of other creatures retreating to a safe distance at the sound of her cries. The cave echos with her sobs as she places a hand over the new hole in her body. Her flesh robbed from her again against her will and every time it felt like the first time. gobishtal neiina eaarreennn! It spoke to her less than four inches from her face. One of those mutants that kept to the dark depths and never surfaced. It had six arms and four of them were shovel like blades instead of hands. It had two faces, one on the front and one on the side that didn't work. Its job was to serve and be her jailer, a lovely caretaker of their miserable queen. what it sid was more like "Found him. Send more. Send more. Make more." But then she ripped out its eye and took a bite into it with a sickening pop squelch sound. Flesh for flesh, such was the mutant way.

A hand bursts from the barren cracked ground not far from where Koda was and following it was a skull faced head then a long twisted body. It looked like one of those dead gouls from the Halloween store back when there used to be some. Partly rotted flesh, and partly cloth material sewn together. It had a rather cheeky smile to its face that was different collors due to patches of flesh and material patched together. By its size it was almost like a child. It made a buzzing sound and laughed like a child too as three more in the area began to pop out like daises. And perhaps if that was not creepy enough for him they began to circle him like it were one big game of ring around the victim. "Kooooda...Koooda." His name plucked from his own thoughts and through the mouth of one of her puppet like instruments he can hear the queen calling and beckoning him to join their degenerated madness.

He would cut loose as the doctor greeted then questioned him about his blood type, letting out a hearty laugh; almost hard to believe that this guy was on the planet not too long ago, "Oh man!" he'd exclaim, "That's a good one.." he would then reach up for his helmet, a hiss of air sounding as he removed it from his head and tucked it beneath his right arm, "I swear I've had my blood taken so many times before and I STILL don't know my type." He'd wink, keeping his ruby red eyes locked onto her one and bringing his left hand up to pat the side of his face,"You're more than welcome to have a go." he'd grin, "Everybody gets one."

Justice growled at the pilot and took of her helmet to show him the glare she had been hiding. "Call me sweet cheeks again and I'd be careful with what air you breathe." She walked up closer and headed to the ship. "To answer your question, I was working on my electric smoke grenade and I passed out when it exploded." Justice got in and dropped her bags carefully. "Warning for everyone here, bags have a high chance of exploding due to unstable weapons. Don't touch it, got it? Okay great." She smiled and got a seat.

Dimitri chuckled at the girls threat, "Whatever you say sugar lips." He replied over his shoulder, still prepping. He didn't notice that another person was aboard until he heard the clatter of the doctors clipboard. He checked over his shoulder, and saw the man in huge power armour, wondering how the hell he could hide in that. He shrugged and muttered "welcome aboard" with a shrug. Dimitri then looked up to his co-pilots seat signalled Ryan that they were about to leave. "Ready for this?" He asked. "Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seat for your one way trip to hell, and our home." The ship gave a loud screech as the engines ignited and the boarding ramp folded up and closed, sealing the hold into an air tight space bus. The engineers waved their little batons as the gunship moved along the ground and onto the other side of the inner airlock door, which closed behind them. The Gunship rose off the ground, and a few seconds later the outer airlock door opened, and the gunship flew out.

After gathering her things up and scooting one of her bags over closer to Justice would seat herself closer to her. Settling down Valtez would turn slightly toward Justice and mumble just loud enough for only her to hear. "Men, can't live with em, can't seem to lift off in a ship without em." Feeling that the time for flirting was now over, time to go to work, and didn't need another goo goo eyed man looking down her cleavage while she tried to work. Plus those electronic smoke grenades sounded cool. "Excuse me, Justice is it? I hear you have some interesting bioweapon tech there. Perhaps if we ever have the time we can exchange ideas. I've come up with a few hazardous gasses myself but never got a chance to weaponize them. Oh my, and don't forget this." Them being relatively new would give Justice the same medi-pack that she'd given everyone else previously and a short instruction on how to use the adrenaline and anti-biotics before tossing one to Rex.

"If anyone did not receive their first aid medi-pack do come grab one from me before we land!"

Justice took a seat next to the weird, and kind of creepy, looking nurse and looked at her when the woman talked to her. Bioweapons? "Oh, no no no no no." Justice said and waved the nurse off. "I don't make weapons, I make inventions. There's a difference. That they end up looking like weapons is a different story. I'm a technician, an inventor and artist in destroying things and coughing up smoke. I'll think about your offer though." Justice frowned at the nurse when she was given a medi pack. She listened to the nurse but doubted she would ever need to use this thing. Justice already had a high blood pressure, adding adrenaline to it would probably make her heart stop. "Thanks." She said with a smile.

(Sorry guys, have to work a lot during the holiday, but I will try to reply more then once a day.^^ Merry Christmas by the way :3)

The hangar slowly began emptying itself as the technicians and engineers began preparing a certain ship for flight. A man just stepped out of the main elevator, as soon as he stepped out of the elevator he could hear the whispers of the men and woman on the flight deck, he had gotten used to the sickly comments they made to the point he chuckled at even the worst of them. His metal foot echoed through the hangar as he himself fully clad in armor and weapons made his way to the gunship that was about to depart, his steps were hard and confident but it seemed like he moved his body with grace as he held his spear in hand and his shield attached to his hand... he did not make eye contact with no-one in the hangar he simply stared at the ship as he made his way towards it.

[spoili]
[/spoili]
He boarded the ship and looked at the individuals inside of it's hold... each and everyone of them peculiar and interesting in their own way. He didn't ponder much on where to sit, but merely saw a space next to what seemed like a very strange nurse, his shield rotated and closed itself the same with his spear and he placed it on his back. Walking over to the nurse he sat next to her and not a peep was heard from him, his eyes seemed to stare into oblivion through the helmet; but his thoughts were many at one moment.​

Rex kinda zoned after Valtez walked away, rethinking what he'd encountered down there. He heard the transmission, somebody was down there, but the base had been compromised. In all honesty. He was in a state of shock. The monstrosity that lead the horde through their security could've taken the base alone... The rest was just overkill...

He snapped back as the doctor tossed the medi-pack just high enough to smack him in the face, catching it just as it fell to the floor. He shook his head taking notice of the new set of people aboard and hearing the words, one way trip, hell and home all in the same sentence. With that he strode towards the cockpit as the gunship rose from the hangar floor, "You heard that right?" He'd question, his gaze locked upon the earth, "That last transmission."

Dimitri relaxed his shoulders and leaned back. He looked to his left as the, apparently, ever sneaky Rex stepped into the cockpit. "You heard that right?" Dimitri raised an eyebrow beneath his reflective face plate. "That last transmission." Dimitri looked back through the canopy windshield. "I did, sounds like we might get there a little late, but I'm sure they wouldn't start the entree without us." Dimitri leaned forward again to tamper with something on the control panel. Dimitri scoffed, "Remind me to get some good music on this thing." He leaned back away from the panel.

Behind her mask she was smiling at Justice. Her eye slightly squinted as she called her work "art." and could almost laugh. It was heart warming to hear someone else refer to something they love as such. She herself saw her own work as "art" even though it was misunderstood by so many. To others they saw her as that creepy nurse who was going to cut skin from flesh and bone from tendon just to feel the warm blood splash on her skin but it was a journey, a quest for knowledge and such cannot be carried out by unskilled hands...the hands of an artist. To test things to their limits and see at what point they will break or adapt. Her mind went off to their purpose here. Yes her purpose was to discover the secret of the mutation, to find a weakness, or a cure. But...perhaps the mutants were the cure, and we were the weak and no longer necessary components of lifes progressive stages. Perhaps for human kind there was only one purpose left: Deletion. Her mind snapped out of it as the heavily armed spartain looking man sat next to her and she flashed him a curious look eyeing the armor up and down. "Well I have to admit its the most creative and historically epic set I've seen all day." She'd mutter to herself and then sit quietly.

They were moving...masses of them. She could feel their muscles, skin, furr, scales, claws, and feet stomping over the ground and their minds buzzing with comunication. It was a scramble. Something was coming and one of the more clairvoyant types had sensed it. HUMANZ! Yes, the fresh sense of human impulse had been felt. Her dededs had found one, and yet they picked up on something he knew and that was that more would be coming. Would they come to rescue him?..and did it matter? She knew the other mutants were becoming aware of her psychological resistance by cutting off channels of psychic waves to hinder comunications lest her selfish demands be met. By doing so she could demand more food, a chance to stretch her legs above ground longer, and of course lesser mutants to serve as pets. She'd hug them to her chest and stroke their feelers to feel comforted, but when bitter she'd rip them up joint by joint then demand more. At this point she couldn't care less if she was resented as the feelings were mutual. But in all the commotion in and out of the hive she had a plan to muddle their thoughts and then make a run for it. Yes, she'd see the sun yet even if it killed her.

Rex smirked at Dimitri's comment, patting the back of the pilot's seat, "Yeah. I'll remember that the next time we're all being sent out to a mutant infested planet." He'd turn to walk back towards his shadowed corner, glancing at Ryan with distaste, "Why are you here again?" He'd question, continuing past him; having no intentions on waiting for an answer, and placing his helmet back over his head.

The power suit would begin re engaging his HUD and purification systems as he synced with the only available comm links in his vicinity. The signal from Earth, it was gone. He shook his head and turned his back, practically launching himself into his seat, and landing heavily in exhaustion. He had time for a nap. Fuck it.

Savannah Smith

The trembling of the gunship knocked the soldier out of her reverie, her dark brown hair was in cornrows for once rather than a bun. The braids brushed her shoulders and for a odd moment, she found herself regretting not to bring a hair tie or a bobby pin of any sort. Savannah's helmet rested in her lap, her gloved fingers tapping the odd beat now and again into the impervious material. The gunship reeked of iron and sweat--a scent familiar and foreign all at the same time. Savannah's hazel eyes coolly raked over the soldier that had been the last to enter the ship, and the first word that popped into her head was Gaudy. She stifled a snort and shifted in her seat a bit. There was only one space left; between her and the nurse. The guy looked as if he had clambered out of a poorly written Sci Fi movie-- Sparta meets Star Trek. Her lips twisted into some semblance of amusement, and she idly wondered if those skulls on John Hermenia's person were mutant skulls. That would certainly be interesting. The ship continued to shake and tremble, making the odd noise every now and again as they traveled through space. There was one large window opposite of her behind the other soldiers. Staring into space long since lost it's awe inspiring effect, how sad. Advancements in technology and science seem to cheapen everything.

What had her eyes lingering was the spear--it was also a shot gun. The craftsmanship was above mediocre but Savannah was fairly certain she could have done better, or at least made it pretty. The Gunship ride was fairly quiet which was unsurprising. She needed to find her partner so they could come up with tactical plans and the like, she always like knowing who she was working with; especially when it was going to be her own life on the line. For someone so young, she's seen quite a bit. She's been down to earth before with a previous partner. Akemi Mao; the girl had been one cold son of a bitch but Savannah was willing to admit she had been her friend, it was like they had known each other inside and out but at the same time they had been strangers. Savannah knew when Akemi started wise cracking on the field it was due to anxiety, Akemi knew that Savannah was lying whenever she spoke to her with her visor down. Certain things like that wormed it's way into a person's heart and more often than not Savannah found herself unsure if she liked the feeling or not.

Akemi was killed by a mutant about 4 months ago. They had been lured into a trap by a shape shifting mutant and thus overwhelmed by other mutants. They fought brilliantly, and Savannah had been so certain that they were going to kill the sons of bitches, and laugh about it over a beer later. She didn't quite expect for Akemi to get her head torn off. She had turned her back for a second to detonate a plasma bomb, and when she turned around to grab Akemi and tell her to put her ass in gear her body was laying lifeless on the ground her head rolling down a rocky terrain. The mutants were busing themselves with her body, so Savannah attached the bomb to her body and retreated.

At least the mutants had been eliminated.

Savannah sighed and glanced around.

Here we go again.

[WIP, Will have a post up soon. ]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Draku69
Kirtana sat with the rest of the soldiers in the ship's cargo area, waiting to get onto a flight to earth. She had been recently released from her cryo-freezed state and, being of legal age to fight, was examined, fitted for armor, and placed in the hangar to be shipped off to earth. The girl sighed, waiting for a ship to arrive as she adjusted the rifle over her shoulders. She checked her omnitool to make sure that her medical supplies were well stocked, and made sure that her ammo was in stock as well before she and a group of other soldiers were led off to a ship.

That was, of course, about half an hour ago, and she was currently sitting with the rest of the soldiers waiting to land to earth. As she waited, she decided to get up and go stretch her legs, walking towards the ship's med-bay.

OOC: Mind if i join ya, Draku?))

@Draku69

Reactions: Draku69
"Annnnd you're there.." he'd mutter, chuckling as he watched one of the females turn to go somewhere, "Its alright. Up until here recently, I could've sworn I was in a bigger ship. Roomy. But not what I saw in my head." He positioned himself in a way where he could be seen more easily from his shadowy corner, "Can you believe that I was able to sit here in complete silence and not be noticed back here?" He laughed, "Insanity."

She turned when she sensed someone nearby, seeing someone else as she sighed and crossed her arms. "You know, you really should be more careful with your approaches. I could've thrown a knife at you, or shot you." she said, blowing her red and black bangs out of her face.

Status
Not open for further replies.