Earth, a wasteland and not one human. (Revival)

Would you like to see a recapturing of earth, or let it rot?

• Take it back!

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Let it rot!

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Does not matter to me.

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the 3rd Shock have it's own rank cadre? Or is it like modern day IRL?

I'm sure this is a silly question, as I didn't see anything against it in the rules you laid out, but could I play as an anthro? In post apocalyptic I'm thinking something along the lines of Dogboys from Rifts (pen and paper RPG) which were genetically engineered canines designed as intelligent support troops.

I've got a character in mind, all it takes is the greenlight and I'll post it up.

Does the 3rd Shock have it's own rank cadre? Or is it like modern day IRL?
So far, it operates off modern day ranks.

I'm sure this is a silly question, as I didn't see anything against it in the rules you laid out, but could I play as an anthro? In post apocalyptic I'm thinking something along the lines of Dogboys from Rifts (pen and paper RPG) which were genetically engineered canines designed as intelligent support troops.

I've got a character in mind, all it takes is the greenlight and I'll post it up.
"(Anything that fits in a sci-fi universe.)" From the CS. So yes, you can create an anthro character.

Awesome, just wanted to test the waters. CS incoming.

Name:
Nathaniel Svent

Race:
Genetically engineered human/husky hybrid

Preferred tactics:
Prefers to keep a distance, moving quietly and avoiding a fight rather than instigating (in close quarters he is a
rapid mass of tooth and claw, unrelenting and hyperaggressive).

Personality:
Helpful and polite, always willing to lend a... paw? Good sense of humor, but angers easily.

Bio:
Growing up without any interaction aside from the brothers of his litter, he had to actively engage in reading and learning on his own in the test facility he resided in. He had everything he needed; a large "outside" area with astroturf and a florescent sun, a massive library with books from every er and even his own bed. His brothers were always cautious of his immediate acceptance of this world. Svent was content reading every book he could get his paws on in the pleasant false sun and dreaming of these other worlds.

The more he accepted, however, the more his brothers retaliated. They would tear his books, mark his chairs and bed, as if they wanted him to bow to their will. He read stories about men and knights, about kings and castles, but none of the people from his stories walked as he and his brothers did so he taught himself to stand upright. It hurt at first, but the disapproving looks from his kin hurt worse.

On their 17th year, his brothers had enough and began to openly fight the environment they had been confined in. They called themselves Largepaw, as if they were as one, except Nathaniel. Nathaniel had made his own name from a story he had read, his own clan chosen for him through exclusion. He alone but satisfied, he had no desire to involve himself in the quarrels of his brethren.

It was at the start of his 23rd year that rebellion hit, his brothers shredded and tore apart his precious library, threw furniture at the sun and destroyed all they could. This is Nathaniel's last memory, the horror and immense sadness from losing everything he'd enjoyed his entire life. Brief flashes of a dark room and blood fill his dreams, but he knows not why. His paws hurt, they are sore, but the silence in the room is always the worst part.

Equipment:
Since I'm coming out of cryo, I'm good with having nothing but maybe a necklace/book as a trinket or memory. I'll settle with whatever I get handed (or get my hands on)

Specialty:
Stealth and prudence, he knows how to keep quiet and to keep to himself. He understands the difference between discretion and cowardice, the time when words don't work and no other choice remains. He doesn't enjoy fighting, but without weapons his claws and teeth speak volumes.

Appearance:
Iwaku Character.jpg

Custom faction:
Kinslayer (Self-proclaimed, more for self-identification than anything else)

Other:
That earth, tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you misunderstand the setting a bit.

I think you misunderstand the setting a bit.
And I agree.

Scraping by the best he can, Gherard wanders silently through the small villages.
Unless this takes place on a planet other than earth, he would be dead within the day. There are no villages, unless you count mutant hovels. The profile is wonderfully done, it just won't work with this RP though. Change it up some, and I will accept it.

Reactions: Uneasy Goat
Name: Riker "Ike" Neils
Race: half cyborg human. Every part of his body is now robotic except for his brain and other critical organs.
Preferred tactics: Head-on. He likes to tackle a threat directly.
Personality: Calm, organized, serious, calculating.
Bio: Riker is a tried and true soldier for the 3rd Shock regiment. He was raised on the space stations and had always had a respect for other living beings. He joined the ranks of the regiment as soon as he was old enough. Unfortunately he was captured by the Terrans when a mission went sideways. He was almost completely turned to machine before being rescued. Luckily he has found a use for these prosthetics. He is much more durable now.

Equipment: Laser assault rifle, plasma hand-cannon, plasma cutter, threat detection grenades, small shield and helmet with HUD that displays physical condition and thermal vision.

Equipment notes: The shield is just metal so super heated weapons such as plasma or lasers can damage or penetrate it. Plasma cutters are a handtorch, primary use is cutting things.

Specialty: Operator. He is fluent in the operation of many machines, from orbital fuck-your-shit cannons to tanks and jets.
Appearance: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/145/f/3/cyborg_by_sanset-d510mlk.jpg

Other: He has obtained the rank of second lieutenant. He fights for Earth.

Name: Marcus (Last Name Forgotten)
Race: Titan
Preferred tactics:jMarcus normally prefers to rush into a fight, not being one to back down, no matter the circumstance or his physical well being, so long as he can move, he can fight
Personality: Marcus is an aggressive, 6'6, 245lb brute. He isn't afraid of anything or anyone, all he knows is that he was made to kill and destroy.
Bio: Marcus is born of a long line of warriors, each one either immortalized by history or forgotten by the sands of time. At the time of his 10th birthday he was taken by unknown group of people claiming that their work would bring promise of powerful warriors on earth. Little did he know, his world would be changed forever, they conducted countless experiments, injecting his body with a mix of different agents. After spending hours in agonizing pain and surviving, he was dubbed, Subject 238, conduit of the Titan serum, his training was mentally damaging and physically crippling, but amazingly, the young warrior braved each and every trial. His captors conducted their tests until he reached the pinnacle of his prowess and succeeded the normal human limitations, becoming the perceived as unstoppable warrior they recognized as Titan 238. Unfortunately, the process had damaged his mind so badly that he hadn't even know his full name anymore.

However plans were halted as the world quickly went to hell, Marcus was thrown into cryo-sleep to avoid "expiring" as they said, time passed and he was recovered by an unknown group, still resting his cryo-sleep, Marcus longs for his awakening.

Equipment: Marcus' armor harbors twin serrated edge wrist blades on each gauntlet just at the height of his forearms that extend to 16 inches in length. Where his armor's right shoulder blade would be lies an M3 Pepakura Ion Cannon with twin conjoined stretch hexagonal barrels that pack enough of a concussive punch tear through an M1A1 Abrams Tank like butter and keep going. The gun can pan horizontally and vertically and has an auto and manual targeting system controlled by Marcus. Ionic Energy discharges from Marcus' fists and feet allow him to unleash devastating arcs of energy in the from of shockwaves if he so chooses.
Specialty: Systema and Sambo styles of fighting
Appearance:
sEXZQOJ.png
His suit further enhances his natural physical prowess, making him stronger than he already is, bringing him from a near 32 ton upper limit to a 56 ton limit. Marcus' mental process and capacity are also upgraded thanks to a neural uplink to his armor, allow his movements purely based off of thought alone, making him to react much faster than a normal human. His gloved fingertips hold retractable curved claws to be used as tools or combat weapon
Custom Faction:
Other: He kills for earth
The fact that he can lift more than a ton is something that I cannot get past. The gun is still overpowered, being able to tear apart an M1A1 abrams easily. With the Ionic energy, explain its uses. We cant have a god running around, this character atm will not fit into this RP. Like said before by me and one other user, his abilities need to be NERFED, and not in a small way either. I really do want to accept you, but I cant at the moment.

Well shoot, I'll read through the setting and adjust it accordingly. Thanks for the help :D

I suppose I had a misunderstanding of what mutants were. The idea was to have my character be a mutant of some sort, I thought only the pure humans were in the stations. Am I going to be waking from cryo at the start or am I already on earth?

That's where I got confused, I think. Any help would be very welcomed!

@Vyork Ashfin I hope you know you gave an adapting AI a gun that fires when charged...sure he can't use it in it's current form...but I feel a arm cannon is in place XD

I suppose I had a misunderstanding of what mutants were. The idea was to have my character be a mutant of some sort, I thought only the pure humans were in the stations. Am I going to be waking from cryo at the start or am I already on earth?

That's where I got confused, I think. Any help would be very welcomed!

Well I'm not the GM, but I can say this. The only thing that is civilized on earth is whatever faction Valentin is in. There is just mutants running around earth now scavenging. So for it to make sense for your character and his given bio, I'd say he would be waking up from cryo on the station.

Appreciate that, I'll make that adjustment and we'll see what happens.

The fact that he can lift more than a ton is something that I cannot get past. The gun is still overpowered, being able to tear apart an M1A1 abrams easily. With the Ionic energy, explain its uses. We cant have a god running around, this character atm will not fit into this RP. Like said before by me and one other user, his abilities need to be NERFED, and not in a small way either. I really do want to accept you, but I cant at the moment.
Well given the large time gap, I'd think an abram's armor would be considered obsolete

But if were to give it the same power as a shotgun, how would that be?

As well as giving him a lower strength, perhaps 1 ton? I wouldn't consider him a god either, being a team means he as strengths others may not and the same goes for others.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Drakel
Alrighty, updated! Please let me know if there's anything else :D

Name: Riker "Ike" Neils
Race: half cyborg human. Every part of his body is now robotic except for his brain and other critical organs.
Preferred tactics: Head-on. He likes to tackle a threat directly.
Personality: Calm, organized, serious, calculating.
Bio: Riker is a tried and true soldier for the 3rd Shock regiment. He was raised on the space stations and had always had a respect for other living beings. He joined the ranks of the regiment as soon as he was old enough. Unfortunately he was captured by the Terrans when a mission went sideways. He was almost completely turned to machine before being rescued. Luckily he has found a use for these prosthetics. He is much more durable now.

Equipment: Laser assault rifle, plasma hand-cannon, plasma cutter, threat detection grenades, small shield and helmet with HUD that displays physical condition and thermal vision.

Equipment notes: The shield is just metal so super heated weapons such as plasma or lasers can damage or penetrate it. Plasma cutters are a handtorch, primary use is cutting things.

Specialty: Operator. He is fluent in the operation of many machines, from orbital fuck-your-shit cannons to tanks and jets.
Appearance: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/145/f/3/cyborg_by_sanset-d510mlk.jpg

Other: He has obtained the rank of second lieutenant. He fights for Earth.
Accepted! Feel free to make an opening post.

Name:
Nathaniel Svent

Race:
Genetically engineered human/husky hybrid

Preferred tactics:
Prefers to keep a distance, moving quietly and avoiding a fight rather than instigating (in close quarters he is a
rapid mass of tooth and claw, unrelenting and hyperaggressive).

Personality:
Helpful and polite, always willing to lend a... paw? Good sense of humor, but angers easily.

Bio:
Growing up without any interaction aside from the brothers of his litter, he had to actively engage in reading and learning on his own in the test facility he resided in. He had everything he needed; a large "outside" area with astroturf and a florescent sun, a massive library with books from every er and even his own bed. His brothers were always cautious of his immediate acceptance of this world. Svent was content reading every book he could get his paws on in the pleasant false sun and dreaming of these other worlds.

The more he accepted, however, the more his brothers retaliated. They would tear his books, mark his chairs and bed, as if they wanted him to bow to their will. He read stories about men and knights, about kings and castles, but none of the people from his stories walked as he and his brothers did so he taught himself to stand upright. It hurt at first, but the disapproving looks from his kin hurt worse.

On their 17th year, his brothers had enough and began to openly fight the environment they had been confined in. They called themselves Largepaw, as if they were as one, except Nathaniel. Nathaniel had made his own name from a story he had read, his own clan chosen for him through exclusion. He alone but satisfied, he had no desire to involve himself in the quarrels of his brethren.

It was at the start of his 23rd year that rebellion hit, his brothers shredded and tore apart his precious library, threw furniture at the sun and destroyed all they could. This is Nathaniel's last memory, the horror and immense sadness from losing everything he'd enjoyed his entire life. Brief flashes of a dark room and blood fill his dreams, but he knows not why. His paws hurt, they are sore, but the silence in the room is always the worst part.

Equipment:
Since I'm coming out of cryo, I'm good with having nothing but maybe a necklace/book as a trinket or memory. I'll settle with whatever I get handed (or get my hands on)

Specialty:
Stealth and prudence, he knows how to keep quiet and to keep to himself. He understands the difference between discretion and cowardice, the time when words don't work and no other choice remains. He doesn't enjoy fighting, but without weapons his claws and teeth speak volumes.

Appearance:
View attachment 62468

Custom faction:
Kinslayer (Self-proclaimed, more for self-identification than anything else)

Other:
That earth, tho.
Wonderful! You are accepted.

Well given the large time gap, I'd think an abram's armor would be considered obsolete

But if were to give it the same power as a shotgun, how would that be?

As well as giving him a lower strength, perhaps 1 ton? I wouldn't consider him a god either, being a team means he as strengths others may not and the same goes for others.
I can work with a ton, if you don't go around spamming his strength. As for his cannon, if it were the same power as a shotgun, that would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.