Earth, a wasteland and not one human. (Revival)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His dreams were unpleasant flashes, his memories foggy and painful. Why... why would I do this? This can't be me. But it was him, and he couldn't escape himself. He was in a room, dimly lit with a light flashing as if it was broken or loose in its socket. He called out to the emptiness but silence answered him. Looking down at his paws his eyes widened as he saw the flesh and blood upon them. His breath escaped him and his eyes welled up with tears. Why... I don't... I don't understand.

He could hear a faint buzzing sound in the room nearby and he walked toward it, dreading every footfall. I know this room... the library. Why do I know this room? The buzzing grew louder as he crept closer, reaching to the point of deafening as he entered the room. His foot was wet, but he dared not check why. He couldn't see inside the room, the flashing light behind him only offering quick glimpses at... what? Furniture strewn about, water on the floor, books torn to shreds. Not water, blood. The realization hit him like a truck, sending him backwards and retching almost tripping over something on the floor. My brothers. My kin. The sound was everywhere now, piercing him, causing him to cover his ears to no avail.

The light hurt the most, but the screech of the cryo doors was a close second. Covering his eyes with his paw, he immediately recoiled and checked it. No blood. Just a dream. He looked around and tried to stand up and climb out of the pod but lost his footing and collapsed to his knees. Looking around him he saw others in or coming out of cryo and attempted to regain his composure.

Eyeing lockers in front of him he saw one with his name on it. Nathaniel Svent... I am Nathaniel. Every step was a fight, but he opened his locker and took the items it seemed were now his. Placing the keycard in the pocket slot of his cryo suit and putting on the earpiece, he heard the loudspeaker start to blare out something about an "Earth Program". He looked back at his keycard and saw "Earth" written on it, so he supposed that meant him.

Sighing softly, he stopped and looked around for someone who knew how to get to the Hangar.

Last edited by a moderator:
The illithid chuckled only lightly at her question about him being a pilot. "In a sense, I am. I primarily conduct wetwork and CQB operations with a healthy dose of traps. I can and do pilot my own ship out of necessity and preference. I have dog fighting experience with it, but it is used much more often for transportation. Really, it is more a home than tool as I refused to get a bunk here. They offered, but my time in exile led to me using my ship's quarters as my primary home for so long that it feels odd anywhere else." Her mentioning of spec ops brought a pleased twitch of his tentacles. He walked over to the bulkhead after the robotic one already passed through, calling in his identification and the command to open them before looking at the woman behind him. "With spec ops training, you may yet find an ally in me. We have a mission to do soon, so get a weapon, some armor, and some practice. Be sure to avoid their Psi gear as that was designed for those with psionic ability like myself."

It was so dark.. too dark. And cold.
Minami hated the cold as much as she felt tired right now.
She hated cryo-sleep, but after this long she felt even worse than imagined. She slowly opened her eyes and tried to shake off the dead-like stiffness in her limbs as she stepped out of the cryo-pod.

She seemed to be in a cryo-bay, with several people walking up to her and attempting to help her and measure her vitals. She shook them off with a low growl and stumbled around slightly until she got her footing back. She found her personal belongings, her suit and weapons, in a case next to her pod and got dressed into the comfortable black fabric.

An ice sheet had long frozen over the inner ballistic glass of the stasis, a figure just barely silhouetted within the pod. Cryo-stasis is meant to leave the body is a temporary state of paralysis while preserving it in a suspended animation. Keeping the brain and alive while the body is shut down, no movement, no thoughts, nothing. The stasis tubes open once the occupant's vital signs are detected, releasing them from their subzero prison. Though some are late bloomers from their arctic rebirth and have to will themselves out of their comatose state and into consciousness. Fingers twitch, muscles contract, and eyelids shut tightly as the body tries to return itself to life. Bits and flashes of memories forgotten can even plague the occupants, perhaps even shocking them awake, the silhouette of a large body outlined itself within the tube, still motionless. Within the mind of this hulking gargantuan, the flashes of syringes plunging into his skin, saws whirring, and endless reconstructive torture plagued his mind, jolting him back into steady consciousness. Soulless grey eyes opened up and a hand was quickly placed against the clear material of the stasis tube, glass began to crack at the surface before shattering as a hand burst through it, an alarm blaring in his head as he forced an exit from the thing. The soldier burst forth from the tube like butterfly leaving a cocoon only much less serene. Metal boots thundered against the flooring beneath as he stepped down. Loud metallic grinding sounds rang out as large wrist blades came out before retracting back. The behemoth within the armor stood at a tall 7'6, weighing 315 pounds, the armor he wore was a pearl white, hints of dirt and minor scratches from training were present, making him seem a bit more intimidating than he could have been perceived as.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Drakel
"psionic huh?" She said standing next to him going trough the stuff that was handed to her. Mostly familiar but noticeably a new generation of gear.
She stepped aside for e moment into the changing booth and put on the new Evo suit.
With the click of a button the first layer tightened around her. As always annoyingly revealing until the rest of the protection gear and modules got on it. A moment longer and she stepped out again satisfied with the suits functions being tuned to her own preferences.

The weapon was a different story. Factory settings where always a pain and syncing it with her tactical visor was a short nightmare before she could put a magazine into it and test fire it. That's when things went for the better and it shifted quickly in her hand for the different ranges and ammunition.

"This is not bad" Kara stated putting down the weapon and pushing up the visor from her eyes. "Still a bit more tuning to be done but i will do that after some field work to get a better feel for it" Turning her attention towards the psionic. "Anything special i should know about the mission? So i know what modules to use"

Sky stood up, looked around the hanger, then simply sighed. "The station is as usual, ill go check on the dead." By dead he meant those still frozen or newly thawed in the cryo bay. He quickly made his way across the hanger and into a hallway leading to the cryo bay. As he reached the doors an alert was shot across the guards near the bay doors, alerting of a cryo occupant going rouge. The alert was common in those either panicking from being thawed, or someone actually becoming rogue. Grabbing his rifle that was hanging on his back, he aimed towards the door. "Lidan, open the door please." There was a pause and the door opened. Stepping into the room, he aimed his rifle towards the ground after seeing the people, including the guards, standing in the bay. "Welcome to the world of the living!" He announced and slung his rifle back over his shoulder. He moved towards the wall and leaned against it, waiting to answer questions that they must have had.

(Seems there was no one in the bay, so ill place sky there.)
@Uneasy Goat
@Minami
@Stryder

"Welcome to the world of the living!"

His ears perked as he realized he had been spacing out this whole time, the voice nearby pulling him from his stupor. Clearing his throat he turned towards the voice, not recognizing the figure or any of the others who had apparently come from cryo-stasis as well.

A strange group, to be certain...

Taking a few cautious steps toward the armed man, Svent gulped uncomfortably but tried to hide his nervousness with a tooth-bearing grin.

"Misfit 1 reporting for duty," he chuckled softly, "whatcha got for me?"

@Vyork Ashfin

The towering behemoth glanced up at the guards and the man who had just entered the hangar, the alarm blaring in his ears. Welcome to the world of the living... The man glanced at a humanoid that identified himself as Misfit 1, as well as an unknown female, these must have been the people he had been brought here with however long ago, he had no idea how many days, years, or months had passed. He had hardly any recollection of his name and status, images flooding his head, his voice emitter letting growls as he clutched his head for moment, shaking himself into sanity. "Titan 238 online..." A deep intimidating voice sounded from him, directed at the male.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Looking to Svent, and then the behemoth of a man known as Marcus, Sky shook his head. "Misfit 1 and Titan 238, welcome to your new home. " With a sigh and gloomy look, he continued on. "From now on, the two of you are going to be assigned to the earth program. I truly hope that your wake up was not as bad as some of the others, because that would mean so much lost potential." With that said, he had one hand near his rifle sling, ready to attack in defense if something happened. It was not uncommon for some to go insane from the wake up, but then again he was in a room full of armed guards.... so nothing to worry about, right? "Ill sum most of the details up. You are both going to be shown the armory, retrieve anything that was locked up from before the war, and stay in the hanger until further notice. If you cannot find the hanger or the armory, I will show you the way, hopefully it does not come to that, I have enough people to babysit as it is. Any questions should be asked now, as I will not give you the chance later on as we will most likely be getting shot at." It was not long until the scheduled deployment, and Sky was hoping to get a field promotion from this next trip.

@Uneasy Goat
@Stryder

Minami had looked over when a behemoth of a man broke out of his cryo-pod and seemed to be confused. He had been frozen in his armor, strangely, but Minami didn't pay much attention to it. She had tried grabbing her blade on her waist, but remembered her weapons were still locked up somewhere else. Luckily somebody stepped in before she decided to do anything and spoke to the behemoth and another man, seemingly calming the armpred male down.

After things had settled she walked towards the small group and stood a small distance away as the man explained where they could get their weapons and other belongings before they would be send out, and told them to ask questions now instead of later.
'Are we already assigned by our primary strengths and weaknesses, or will the formation be decided on in the hanger?' she asked suddenly.

Riker checked and rechecked his equipment in silence. He gathered all his weapons an put them into their magnet holding places. Rifle on his back, hand cannon in his hip and shield on nis forearm. Additionally, he grabbed an extra case of batteries for rifle. He figured he might need it for this op. He went out to the hanger and out the case of batteries with the rest of the equipment for the operation. He kept his mind blank in preparation and made his way to the cryo-bay.

As he arrived in the bay he took one look at the defrosted troops and shook his head. He leaned on a closed and empty pod.
"Well if this isn't the biggest mismatched team ever." He said aloud.

The behemoth immediately snapped his head in the direction of a newcomer, speaking aloud about the team he'd be with. A metallic growl escape. the man as he clenched his right fist, the large serrated edge curved blades extending from his wrists in the instant. It seemed this one was a little big headed, perhaps he'd need to be cut down a few notches.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Looking towards Minami as she pitched in, Sky gave a smile. "That is a sound question to ask. Command has indeed assigned you all by strengths and weaknesses. There has been plenty of planning for this day in particular." With one quick movement and no warning he turned to face Marcus and the newcomer. "Both of you, cut the childish behavior!" He snapped and signaled some of the guards at the far end of the bay, who quickly started to make their way towards the group, rifles ready. "We are all professionals, there is no need for violence at the moment. Aim your aggression at those who took your home, Titan 238, not someone who could save your life." He spoke to Marcus, hoping to stop any possible violence. He turned once again to face Riker, with a look of disapproval. "And you! Do not continue to act like this, or ill place a request to take your equipment." With that said, he turned back to face Minami and Svent once again. "Now, where was I?"

@Minami
@Cheeki Breeki
@Stryder
@Uneasy Goat

The brute's targeting system locked on the guard's coordinated movements a look of anger wash over immediately. They're going take you again, they'll put you back to sleep, IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT, TITAN! His mind roared at him, the soldier's mount went rose of from him right shoulder black, the armor pieces detaching and folding atop one another before collapsing on the emerged weapon which locked onto one of the guard. His left wrist blade extending out as he took a battle ready stance.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Minami nodded in response when the calm male explained to her they had already been aassigned, but was distracted by a newcomer that seemed to have some problem with them.
While she simply ignored the rude human, it seemed the behemoth of a man named Titan took it up personally and drew his blade.

While Minami wasn't one to involve herself in petty conflict such as this one, this man was going to be in her team and losing a team member before they even went into battle was something she would not allow.
'I believe it will be better if we solve this matter at hand first.' she said to Sky before taking a short sprint towards the behemoth.
She jumped, hooking her tail around the bladed arm and using the momentum and power in her tail to jab his blades into the ground, hopefully causing him to be stuck. 'If you don't want to go back into cryo, or get shot, you best calm down.' she said sharply.

Riker stood his ground as the titan was obviously getting very angry. "Ya know, that wasn't directed at you specifically." Riker had meant that for the whole team. They all had different attributes that made them volatile, but effectiveness as a team would be difficult with so many differences.

Sky sighed and thought about leaving the bay, only to realize that the guards may not be able to handle the situation. "Can everybody just stop what they are doing. If a weapon is fired in this area, command will depressurize the room, killing most of us." With that said, he looked towards Minami, who had now successfully stopped a violent outburst, or so he hoped. His attention was now drawn to Riker. "One more word before we clear this up, and ill follow through with what I had said. You will not have access to certain facilities and your equipment will be taken away, is that what you want to happen?"

@Cheeki Breeki
@Minami
@Stryder
@Uneasy Goat

Svent was swept up in how fast everything escalated, a little unsure about his previous stance. The titan seemed a bit aggressive but judging by the strange collaboration of individuals around him, there had to have been a purpose. He wasn't quite sure what his "strength" was, maybe it would just come naturally. His nerves got the better of him and he let out a small chuckle, getting some small amusement from the absurdity of a fight before they even began.

"So where's this Armory, then?" He asked with a smile, "I would love to lock and or load as soon as possible,"

Riker held his tongue, if he had one. He grumbled in compliance. He hadn't said anything offensive or mean. It was this giants low IQ that escalated the situation.

Kail was accustom to living in space, He was ready to put his boots on the ground.He starts walking around trying to find someone in charge when he starts hearing some bickering, he runs towards the bickering, finding someone who seems to have his head on straight dealing with others. He walks up to the man, "sir may I assist."

Status
Not open for further replies.