Eagleclaw High School

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally words don't hurt me. But the question 'What the hell is wrong with you?' is never a nice question. Especially not in that tone. "Nothing is wrong with me," it's pretty hard to keep my cool but I'm doing my best because 1) I don't want a teacher to tell me off and 2) I also don't want a particular student to tell me off. So I probably sounded overly calm - but it's better than overreactive. It's true I heard everything in the library, but let's admit, someone with that voice was definitely pranking, in my opinion. "I don't see the big problem. If there was actually a hunter - which there isn't - wouldn't they have already got you?" Personally, I'd do it fast so my victim didn't escape. But then, I'm not like them.

"Yeah because I've never been in a situation like that before, and you've obviously been hunted longer than me." I said in a mocking tone. My eyes were raging. He doesn't even really know me yet he feels he can straight away judge me. I'm probably over reacting, but after he'd insulted me like that.
"All you know how to do it get people into trouble and set things on fire!" I spat. I had moved on but I just had to bring that back then.
"Plus you're obviously famous for being royal. Aren't you." I closed my eyes hoping I didn't say that. No one had to know my secret. I scanned Alex's eyes looking for emotion. Sure enough he was pissed and he probably thinks he'll 'beat me up so I'll never talk to him again' good luck with that. I'd like to see him try. But he won't.

I don't know why I was still listening. Correction: I was still listening, but only because I was bored. "I've never been hunted though," I replied quietly. Why was it suddenly my fault? She then brought up the book thing. Okay, that was my fault. But not deliberately. "You know, maybe you should talk to someone you actually like, because I have a feeling you don't like me," I continued softly, but then she was babbling again about being royal. Which sucks. If you're a royal and completely normal, it's great because everybody loves you and follows your fashion trends and you live in beautiful castles. If you're supernatural, you die. Basically. But then she's staring at me. I wonder if she sees hurt or anger. "Have you finished now?" I asked.

I blinked in surprise. I bit my lip nervously.
"I-I well...I'm sorry. Okay. But next time you speak to someone don't say they're wrong straight away." I reply calmly. "And if you don't accept my apology then I could always just put a charm on you." I say looking down and smirking. Walking away I look back for a short second.
"See you in class then..babe." I smirked turning back around.

I'm a little shocked at the fact she apologised. I'm a little annoyed that she says either way I'll accept the apology. But I'm not sure how to feel when she calls me babe. It's like a name to describe someone you like. And I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me. I just ignore it physically, but mentally it makes me go crazy. Why does she suddenly like me? Why is that a bad thing? I sighed. If that letter isn't a prank, I hope they kill me as on because I feel like this a dream slowly turning into a nightmare.

Okay, everyone thinks I hate everyone now. I should have my head down.
Stop playing cat and mouse with Alex.
I received a text from a blocked number. I almost dropped my phone. What? Cat and Mouse? I'm not playing cat and mouse I actually think I might like him. No. No. No, no, no. I didn't think that. I need to stop.
You know exactly what I mean 'babe'.
Am I being stalked? This defiantly isn't a hunter because (Alex was right, what do ya' know.) they would have caught me by now at least.

Talking about demon hunting that's my next class. I opened the door and was greeted by some creepy voices about how people would kill me.

I decided to leave for Crafting class. I liked it because, not only was I good at it, but because it was relaxed and you made what you felt like, and got minimum homework (which was fairly easy for me to complete because mostly it was evaluations of products, and anyone can see how easily something breaks). I opened the door. I was the only one there, which meant everybody was running late, or I was early. It's more likely for me to be early. Maybe there was a room change? I wouldn't see the point in that though. "Now, Alex, it's first day back and everybody isn't quite in routine yet," I mumbled to myself. It wasn't all that calming after the conversation I'd just had with Luxana. Maybe I am the victim of a cruel joke. I sat down, and unpacked. Might as well get started. Maybe I'll be the crafting prefect one day...since I won't stand a chance in anything else.

63390c039a2b0d1c22fad2379b1848a8.jpg
Running down the hallway as a couple of dogs chased after me, I quickly made a sharp right, hoping that I'll lost them. I was just putting hexes on a dog earlier when I accidentally misread a spell and caused the dog to be cloned and be somewhat attracted to me. Running for my life and fearing that I'll get all slobbered up. Good thing I found this empty classroom or for sure I'll be covered up with dog saliva.

I then turned around only to see a guy unpacking his backup. Loud barks can be heard outside and unable to think clearly, I quickly pulled him underneath a table and hid there for a while, putting my finger on his lips "Sssh!" I whispered, hoping that the dogs won't find me.

I was officially frustrated at people grabbing me and pulling me around as they pleased. Was that dogs barking? My biggest worry was I'd left my stuff on the desk. Including my books! She put her finger on my lips as if she knew I was going to say something... which was not comforting at all. "Are you even in this class?" I whispered, looking at the door where seven or eight visible dogs were barking outside. If my class was late, they weren't getting in. Great. Quarantined in a crafting room. With a stranger. And dogs. I hate dogs.

I peeked under the table to see the dogs still barking and started to come in, sniffing and knocking things as they please. "This isn't good!!" I whispered, looking around and searching for something I could throw to distract them. Getting desperate, I took off one of my shoes and threw it out of the room, causing the dogs to bark and chase after it. Good thing I casted a spell on it to run around the campus.

"Sorry about that.." I apologized, getting up from the floor and dusting my clothes off. "I accidentally misread a spell so..that's that. Anyway, I'm Michelle and I think I'm in this class. This is crafting right?"

"Yeah," I replied, picking up various things the dogs knocked over. "I'm Alex. And this is crafting...everyone's late so..." I wondered why I'd never noticed her. Maybe she was new. The only thought in my mind was at least they hadn't knocked over any of the actual things people were making, just the equipment. "Are you new?"

I crouched down and started helping him pick up the things the dog knocked over. "Nice to meet you Alex. Hmm.. I wonder why everyone's late.." I mumbled, looking around to see no one else but the two of them. "Oh, I'm not new here. I just uhm..doesn't go to classes that much. I'm usually up in the library or in the gardens. Perhaps you've heard of the golden fairy of the library? Well, that's me. They called me that because people rarely see me so.. hahaha"

"Don't you fail your exams? Like, by not turning up?" If I didn't turn up, I'd fail for sure. I'm already failing but that's not really the point. "Or get in trouble?" I hate getting in trouble. It is always bad. Also, it gets me grounded, and then Harry has an excuse to annoy me.

I giggled at his questions. "Nope. I don't fail because I take the exams on time. I also read the whole library so there's not much for me to worry about" I explained, jumping off of the desk and began walking around the room. "I also don't get into trouble because I follow the school rules, except attending classes of course. Anyway, the kind of trouble I get into is always because of my magic, not because of not attending classes" I then looked at you for a while, a bright smile adorning my face. "Anymore questions?"

I officially decided I liked the library. "Nope, no more questions." I stood up since everything was tidy. I sat at my desk, wondering what I was going to make. There was about ten more questions I wanted to ask, but if I was honest, I didn't want to seem a bit weird asking them. After a few moments, I decided I wanted to make something that people could use. I grabbed a piece of paper and began sketching possible designs, since that looked good on my report. I had a folder full of designs I'd created (or just sketched). One more wouldn't hurt. "Luckily, teacher doesn't have to turn up for you to do the class."

I shuddered sitting down. It felt like everyone was holding a knife at me. I plucked my phone up.
This class is insane. If I die slap the maths teacher for me. - Lux
I sent the text to Alex, okay, okay. Yes someone may have given me his number but if we are friends I need his number to complain about all the classes I was in obviously.

-<>-<>-<>- *time skip*

All the classes were done for the day. I sighed. I opened the heavy school doors. When I had walked to the path I glanced back at the school. Something caught my eye. The school's windows had been boarded up forever, ever since I could remember at least. Yet, one of the windows on the very top floor was hanging wide open...no boards in sight, An eerie feeling crept up the back of my neck and sunk into my chest. Despite the heat of the day, I shivered.

Pausing, I realized I was just psyching myself out. It was probably just some stupid kids trying to play a prank. Like Alex had said. Right?

My phone vibrated. I grinned. My first thought was I can do that. My reply to the text was How did you get my number? And what I really wanted to ask was Can I copy your notes from magic because I wasn't paying attention. But crafting class was quite important. I began to get the necessary equipment to create my clock: a pendulum, hands, acrylic to make the actual base, numbers made of vinyl stickers. This was going to be a bog standard so I could complete it next week. Magically, of course.

***Time skip***
Once school ended, I was so happy. Harry was waiting for me outside, which was slightly embarrassing. He was waving like crazy at me. Once he'd graduated, the cool Harry most of his class would remember turned into a very boring, average big-brother-embarrassing-little-brother kind of person. Which I didn't particularly like. I saw Luxana, but before I could say anything like what I really wanted to say (I told you so. You're just being paranoid.) he grabbed me. Which means FOUR people grabbed me in one day. (Four people too many). "So... how was your day?" he asked. I shrugged. Complaining could happen at home, where my mum would back me up.

I looked down at the blaring screen of my phone.
Answer to the first question: Magic.
Second question: Sure. Do you want me to bring it or...?

I sighed realising I had no one to pick me up. Looks like I'm walking.

-><-><-><-

The aromas of basil and garlic greeted me as I arrived home. My stomach felt like it was in my throat. And I felt faint about the garlic bread my mother probably had baking in the oven. I quickly dodged past the kitchen.

As I'm going upstairs to my room and I spot my 12 year old sister and one of her 'many' friends run out of my bedroom. I sighed wondering what they did this time. Opening my door I was surprised not to see anything out of place. I closed the door and for a few minutes, I lay on my bed, exhausted from the day I had.

Seriously?! I wanted to know how to do that magic trick. I mean, only Ellis really had my phone number (my other friends just always 'forget' to give me theirs) so magic was probably the best option, especially since Ellis is mad at me. Though maybe she's joking. And yeah, if that's ok, I finished the text off. Wow. Someone who was actually sharing notes. I needed to copy most of mine out, since it was in shorthand which doesn't look good on your report, and is pretty scruffy. Harry practically chucks my bag in the boot of his car, and we get inside. We don't live that far but mum makes him pick me up with the excuse that it's sibling bonding or something. I find that ridiculous, but it keeps her happy. Mostly, we don't really talk. I don't understand half the words he uses when he rambles, and I'm too simple for him. Opposites. And no matter what anybody says, opposites don't attract if they're brothers.

When we arrived home, mum and dad were sat at the table. "We read your report, Alex," mum said sternly (which is really bad. I hid it for a reason.) My dad looked like he'd accidentally killed my goldfish (unfortunate magical mistakes runs in the family really). "Oh. I can explain that. It's really strict..." Their stares tell me to shut up. "Alex, you were doing great! What happened?" Dad continued, which hurts me. Nothing happened. Except I grew older, and it got harder. I began walking upstairs (they're in a bad mood clearly, and I'm not dealing with it). "ALEXANDER, IF YOU DON'T GET HERE RIGHT NOW, NO TV FOR A WEEK," I can live with that, "OR COMPUTERS," I can do that too. They don't know me all that well. That's Harry.

It took me about five minutes to realise it was the first time they'd called me Alexander.

Are you going to tell me where you live or should I use more magic?
I smirked down at my phone. I walked to my wardrobe and picked out a change of clothes. With my notes. I changed quickly and walked downstairs past the death kitchen.
"I'm going out." I called slamming the door closed. Lightning flashed, thunder roared, the sky went dark in the torrential downpour. But I just carried on walking. Not knowing where I was going I continued just walking around the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.