Each to the Other

Status
Not open for further replies.
"She lives up the main road a few kilometers. Why?" Then something else. Probably pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but somebody like Sonia... "What's your plan?" Mia coughs a few times, then straightens up and forces some deep breaths. "There might be more of those things. What was that, anyway?!"

Of course, their escape hadn't lead them much farther than a kilometer or two. One wonders after all what the egg was up to. The bronze-sheened ovoid hummed with an alarming frequency of strobes, clearly up to something. A creature? Was it some kind of doomsday machine? And it had siblings, too. Mia saw something in that crowd before, and it wouldn't have been much of a stretch to call it another egg.

"Sonia?" Mia pleaded, swallowing the last of her gasping breaths.

"A few kilometers, huh?" Sonia repeated under her breath. After just a kilometer or two, they were already trying to catch their breath. Would they even make it there before that thing hatched? Well, for all her brain power it wasn't like she could calculate how quickly it would hatch. But more importantly, should she answer Mia's questions? How would she take that?

She looked over at her companion. Though she tried to keep a straight face, perhaps Mia could pick up a bit of worry behind her gaze. Mia's pleading got to her, and she decided to relent, exhaling sharply before starting to explain a bit.

"I was thinking we could hide out there. My plan is...to run," she admitted. "For now at least. That thing? If I'm right, that's an Abyssal. Do you know what those are?"

Sonia certainly wished she didn't, though. As she thought that, she couldn't help but notice the gigantic "egg" in the distance humming faster and faster. Almost like it was some sort of ill-maintained machine rather than what she suspected to be a creature inside.

"Well, basically, it's a monster. Now, let's run. We don't want to get caught with that monster on our tails...or its siblings."​

Status
Not open for further replies.