E.S.N.A (Eradicators of SuperNatural Affairs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faith hit the ground, and began yelling in pain...but not from the stab wound. Her hands, arms, legs, and jaw, subsequently snapped and broke, blood soaking the ground. Her teeth made a horrible chatter as they began to stab into eachother- until her mundie teeth fell out of her mouth. Her broken hands began parting and her palms extended into palms. Her legs extended and contorted into legs, and thick fur grew out of her former clothing as it was completely ripped off of her form.
The transformation took an agonizing minute to listen and watch through, but once it was done a huge wolf with piercing green eyes stood there growling.
Faith turned to Victoria, growling. The hair on her neck stood, and she got in a pouncing position...but, in maybe a whole three seconds, she assessed that Victoria was no threat. She stopped growling and turned around, putting her nose on the concrete and getting the smell.
Faith leapt ontop of a car- which, of course, had a car alarm on it. But faith ignored the loud noise, following the scent down the street. She actually bulldozed over a homeless man who was asleep until a 120 pound wolf knocked into his body.
She kept following the scent, actually beginning to leave her fellow huntress in the dust with the speed of her tracking.

Seeing his comrades dash towards the runner, Brendan turned to Aya. "Come on, we have to get out of here." He said to her, motioning for her to follow them. He wanted to make sure that they were out of sight before anyone else showed up. "Follow them, I'll bring up the rear!" He called, his eyes scanning the area for any signs of approaching law enforcement.

In his haste he had failed to notice the coins on Edgar's face. The former SAS soldier had voiced his disapproval of the ritual in the past because it left evidence behind and made it look like there was a serial killer on the loose.

Last edited by a moderator:
"O-Okay!" Aya said as she began running after Nash and Asura, stuffing the useless talisman in her pack. "Follow them, I'll bring up the rear!" She heard Brendan call. She knew that the body was still there and it made her feel very uneasy, but she had no choice but to chase after whoever took that picture. If we don't catch him. . . She shook the thought away. And what was going to happen when they did catch this person? A knot began forming in the pit of her stomach when she thought of the consequences.

Catching up to Nash and Asura was not going to be an easy task for her, no matter how fast she considered herself they were quite a bit faster. Aya doubted that this person would get very far with those two after him. Breathing hard she glanced back to be sure that Brendan was still with her, glad that he offered to take up the back. Turning her attention back to her front, she saw Nash put up an illusion of a brick wall and the man was running towards it. She had confidence it would stop him, when Nash was at full power it was hard for even the team to tell the difference between illusion and reality.

Brendan kept an eye behind himself as the two of them entered the alley. He heard approaching sirens, the police would soon find the scene and this place would be crawling with cops and news reporters. They would all need to leave quickly before this happened. He let out a frustrated grunt, wishing they had a vehicle. Trying to get a detainee out of this area was already going to be very difficult, but with authorities looking for suspicious activities, the job was going to become exponentially more challenging. He briefly thought of throwing away his gun in case he was captured, but decided against it. The police would do a thorough search of the area and might find it. His pistol was different than the one Edgar was hit with, but it would bring more suspicion than necessary into this already high-profile act.

Victoria had been frozen with fear at the idea of being attacked. Not only would there have been little she could have done to stop the assault, but the speed at which it would happen might not have even given her time to react. She watched from her rooted location as Faith tore out of the park. 'Why am I just standing here?' She forced herself into action by taking that first uneasy step after Faith. In truth fear such as this had only gripped her a handful of times in her twenty years of service. She forced another step, and did her best to put the image of her mauled body laying in the park, as the little life that remained drained out of it.

"Let's go Lan. If we loose her then we are in the exact same boat as when we started." Victoria found it difficult to get her feet moving. It had been two days since she last slept. Between all of their paper work, and research of old families, messed together with any common scene they could find at the past scene. There had been no time for rest. Going to a cafe with Asura later that night would have been the only enjoyment to be had. However, when they acted on suspicious activity; it only led to a chase through the city, and another murder. To keep going at this pace could very well be the death of her before the night was over.

Leaving the park Victoria saw a poorly dressed man running down the side walk. Screaming something about a large dog. Given the circumstances it could only mean Faith had ran past him, if not attempting an attack on the man as well. Deciding to take to the path the man came from the two passed the flashing lights, and the high pitched whine of a car alarm. If it went on at this rate the low-profile life they were suppose to maintain would be blown out of the water. It was not long however until Victoria was able to make out the form of the wolf taking to finding the scent again. Hopefully their goal was close by, as she was unsure how much more running she could do.

Faith performed a U-turn, running back towards Victoria and LAN before jumping over the park fence. Then, she actually completely stopped- it seemed she was retaining a little bit of her intelligence, enough to allow the girls to catch up
Somewhat. Her course correction either meant that the witch changed where she was walking her her scent had been blown around by the wind or by the draft from a large vehicle, like a semi-truck. As the wolf inspected the scent closer, waiting on Victoria and Lan, she began to bare her teeth. The witch was close.

Brendan ducked behind a dumpster, he took out his cell phone and speed dialed Victoria. "Pick up, dammit." He said quietly as the phone rang. He was getting worried. The team was split into at least two groups, they were chasing someone who could very easily expose them, the police wee closing in, and (as far as he knew) they were no closer to finding their target. As he saw it, they needed to stop the runner and regroup.

Victoria found it increasingly difficult to catch her breath. Although Lan seemed to be having little difficulty, she truly was on the verge of collapse. As Faith ran back towards them Victoria felt maybe the wolf had been mistaken. That was until Faith was up, and over a fence to the park they were just in. * Perhaps I should invest in a collapsible bicycle.* She thought while looking for another entrance elsewhere.

Finding one fairly nearby Victoria did more of a hurried walk. Mainly just giving herself time to breath. *At least things are on the right track.* Over the growing sirens in the distence there was a loud buzzing from her coat pocket. *It may just be one of them checking in on me. As long as they stay away I might be able to keep this matter within my family alone.* Looking at the screen she saw that it was Brendan. She respected the man well enough. Both for his efficiency, and the fact that he could be counted on. Even though he did tend to blur the lines of morality. Placing the small phone up to her ear, while rounding the corner getting within sight of Faith she answered. "I did not expect to hear form you tonight Brendan. Is everything well?" Victoria had attempted to hide the fact she was winded.

Faith continued to go through the park, jumping onto tree limbs and onto rocks and sprinting through water- she was clearing the park quite fast. She got a more aggressive and recent scent, and she looked up and let out a vicious howl that was extremely bone chilling. She contemplated waiting for her huntress friends, but instead jumped and began going into a dead sprint, her four legs overlapping and crossing as she picked up a fast speed, rapidly catching up with the source...which was a witch.

Sepi snapped to eager attention when she heard the howl. Turning to the direction of it she could not help having a inquisitive look cross her young face. *That was no dog.* she thought as she rose to her feet. "Luci, I think we may have a guest coming. Please stay seated, and I will make sure no harm comes to you. Okay?" said Sepi. She did so in a form that was almost child like in the way it crossed her lips. She knew simply from the chilling sound that the creature was of no natural origin. No this creature was one of the night, and out for blood.

Stepping out of the overhead light as to increase her range of sight Sepi peered into the darkness. The sirens close by had been blarring for the past few minutes, and made it much more difficult to listen to her surroundings. *Now where are you hiding?* She thought. Slowly raising her hands as to quickly cast spells if danger truely was searching nearby Sepi waited. She let her mind take in her surroundings, and focused solely on the world around her.

Aya looked behind her to see Brendan dive behind a dumpster. Glancing back to Asura and Nash, she decided to go with Brendan. She knew that Asura and Nash could handle the photographer with no problem. Besides, we should try not to leave anyone alone. Sliding into the other side of the dumpster , she heard Victoria's voice on the other end of the phone. Lightly, she bumped her fist against his shoulder so he knew she was there. Aya had the feeling that his mind was in ten different places at the moment, much like herself and probably everyone on the team. She figured he heard her come over, but she thought it better to be sure. Surprises were not something that people generally liked in this line of work.

The sound of bushes being brushed aside and tree limbs being snapped was approaching from the west. Suddenly, with amazing ferocity, a large wolf with roughly a four and a half foot size, leapt from the foliage.
With her mouth open wide, Faith took a extraordinary leap with her jaws set to mangle the witches throat. However, given her smaller stature, she had to make a mid-jump course correction. She couldn't hit the throat, or any leg joints, but she could get the chest and shoulder. The werewolf soared at the witch, her mouth in a perfect trajectory to puncture Sepi's chest and left shoulder blade in a gripping motion...

Brendan turned to the younger hunter, giving her a curt nod. Before giving his commander the situation. "Location, (Park). Situation approaching critical danger. I investigated firearm discharge heard at (time), firer unknown at present, likely one of ours. Found Nash, Aya, and Asura with dead male human when I arrived. Possibly broken neck." Brendan said, inwardly lamenting his comrades' brashness. 'Why couldn't that idiot use a suppressor?' he thought. "Flash seen from southeast, photographs likely taken. Young male, currently attempting to flee scene loudly and rapidly, Nash and Asura in pursuit. Police inbound from northwest, unable to remove body. Currently attempting to withdraw before police arrive. Aya is with me."

The Fluorescent Green coats of the London City police could bee seen entering the park. Brendan thanked his lucky stars that they did not immidiately find the body. He figured they had a five minutes at the most before this whole area would crawl with officers. They needed to leave this area, fast. He turned to Aya, "If we get stopped, I'm yaaahr uncle Ben takin' 'is favorite niece on 'er first pub crawl in the Smoke." He said, slipping into a passible cockney accent.

Stopping in place she almost toppled over herself. *No... They can not be that close.* Thought Victoria as attempted to make a placement of the area in her head. Which only brought a great deal of worry to her. "If you are not able to extract the body then keep heading Southeast...... I.... I am already inside Regent's Park." She had not wished for her team to know her location, but she would not just let them be arrested. As it would only cause more problems then it would solve. "Faith, Lan, and myself are already here. We could use the back up." She said while looking at Lan. In truth it would now only be that much more difficult with her team present, and it could break out in to a small scale battle. They not only had no clue how many could be travling with the one they searched for, or the amount of power it would take to get the job done.

As the howl pierced the night air a new worry over took her as she forced herself to move faster. *If Asura finds out it was MY family involved then there is no way it will be so simple as to talk them down.* Thought Victoria. Fatigue no longer mattered. Only the hope that Faith could control herself, and keep from mauling who ever she had found. Though she was now a part of ESNA it was the coven that was her family that mattered most. *For all I know it could be father.* The thought of arriving at the scene only to see her father's corpse spurred her on. The air her body demanded was met by a growing determination simply to see who Faith had found.

Reactions: Maddeline
Sepi's attention shot to the large form leaving the ground. She had been right in the fact it was no dog. It was a cursed blood, as her mother would call it. One that had been cursed due to a crime against a coven. Most likely this particular werewolf was not the original, but that did not mean it was any less violent. The fact of the matter was that one wrong move with the creature would be the end of her.

Not truly having time to dodge the creature, as it was moving too fast she did the only thing she could possibly manage. Throwing her left arm into the path of danger would keep her from receiving a mortal wound, but it would cost her. Being the only thing she had option wise Sepi screamed when the teeth sank in. Her small frame, simply ment that the fangs of the wolf struck bone quickly. The paws of the creature landed firmly on her body, and the weight sent her crashing violently to the ground. The impact had knocked the wind out of her, and the lack of air ment she would only be left with spells not requiring words of power. Non of which would harm the wolf in its current state.

The pain of her arm became almost unbearable as the wolf began to shake in a better bite. She lacked the strength to be able to force the wolf into what she wanted. If not for the fact the wolf had taken a better stance Sepi would not have been able to regain her ability to breath. Taking in a deep breath, and fighting the urge to scream she atempted to calm her mind.

*If I launch it away it will only take my arm with it. I.... It's the only thing I can possibly do in this situation.* she thought as blood began to pour from the wolf's mouth, and onto her. If it continued at this rate it would pierce an artery if it hadn't already. Throwing hair out of her face, and holding it back with her free hand. Sepi could see the wide jaws clamped firmly across the entirety of her forearm. Not allowing herself to let panic overwhelm her, Sepi forced herself into the wolf's face, and locked eyes with it.

Her eyes had been enchanted at an early age, by the demon her family had come to worship. A gift to aid her later in life. The enchantment itself would seduce the mind of any mortal man, or beast if given time to work. Often when rage, or depression had set in the spell would take little to no time for its affects to take hold. It was how she had convinced her victims thus far to pass their souls into talismans. She just hoped it would help her now.

Forcing her eyes to stay opened wide through the pain was no easy task. Despite her position Sepi did find her target. Those large greens eyes that were full of a blood lust ment that the spell should set in quickly. She locked her eyes to that of the wolf. keeping them in place, and pushing her own nose to that of the attack was all she could do at that moment. "Release me, and sit." She commanded in as firm a tone as she could muster.

Faith tried her hardest to resist- her only way of fighting back coming from "releasing" her arm by barely opening the jaws, causing a brutal slash across her forearm. The slightest miscalculation caused her to surrender her willpower. She cut her eyes sharply at the witch- even with her lowered level of intelligence she could make a decent threat assessment. She continued to growl at Sepi, even though she had no choice but to listen that didn't mean she couldn't continue to attempt to intimidate the witch.
The longer sections of fur on her neck stood up as she continued to growl and bare her fangs at the witch-
This situation was quite enraging for the rather proud werewolf, who enjoyed the hunt....and to be taken over by prey...it was quite disgusting. To the point that faith's stomach began hurting.

Reactions: Dreaded Sonata
"Understood. Brendan Out." The man said, shutting off the phone. Brendan looked at Aya. "Come with me. We will regroup with the Commander at Regent's Park. Contact probable." He explained. "I'd give my left bollock to have my De Lisle right now." he said, mostly to himself. Brendan often promised that part of his anatomy when he was frustrated, or when he wanted something really badly. The phrase was somewhat absurd coming from him, it was known by most of his colleagues that he had no left bollock to give. (He is mum on the exact details, but his medical files state it happened in 2008 while hunting a cult in Southeast Asia)

Aya nodded as she undid he long braid, hoping that her being down made her seem a little more innocent for if they passed any cops. She giggled at his comment about the De Lisle and grinned. "Oh! Before I forget, you should take this." She reached into her bag and wrapped her fingers around a piece of paper, pulling it out of the leather pack. What she held out to him was a talisman of her own, a protection charm, the paper was covered in intricate scripture and blessed thoroughly. "The people we are up against are dangerous, and for some reason it seems they want human souls. Keep this on you, and they won't be able to take your soul, no matter what they try." Aya nodded and held it out to the older man. She had considered giving these to everyone, but it only looked like these people were after humans. She had more in her bag just in case, but for the moment she decided to hold onto them. They did take a while to make and she would rather not use them if it was unneeded.

Asura ran along side Nash. The boy they had captured had not been just some spy. Simply someone looking for a missing friend. Having gone through the boy's phone, he had come to find a young girl by the name of Ruby had gone missing close to their current location. That had left Nash, and himself with a choice. Kill the boy, or let him live. Asura had choosen the second, not wanting to end his life regardless of what their laws said he had to do. Being of higher rank Asura would simply say it was his decision, as to avoid any disciplinary action towards Nash if it ever came into the light. He had given Miles his firearm as well. He did this for two reasons. One he was a bad shot, and only used it as an intimidation factor. The shot in the park had been off of extreme luck. As he only wanted to scare the man. Two, the authorities in the area were looking for someone with such a weapon.

This theoretically killed two bird with one stone, as there was little chance of Miles escaping. The officers would make their arrest, and if all went according to his plan would only leave a small force in the area. This benefited the group most as their next stop was near by. If there was a meeting in the park the time for it was at hand. However what worried him more was the howl his keen ears had picked up on just a short time ago.

"Nash, what was that name you were asking about?" Said Asura hoping to learn more of what his friend had seen from Edgar. If he had heard right the name did mean something to him. However that was a long time ago, and was given to a small girl during a mission as he could not pronounce her real name well. It was a time long ago that marked the day Victoria had not only become part of ESNA, but also the one event that would forever leave space between himself, and their commander.

Reaching the park itself was easy for the two of them as their speed alone ment getting out of sight was just a game. "Did you happen to see where Aya, and Brendan got off to?" Asura simply wished to know for the sake of worry.

"Sepi," Nash responded, somewhat annoyed that he hadn't been allowed to feed from the boy they'd cornered. The rush of excess energy from his previous feeding was already wearing off; magical creatures provided little sustenance, so Nash usually only turned to them for food in dire emergencies. Granted, that particular feeding was supposed to be for the gathering of information and nothing more, but hey, Nash was a simple creature of simple desires when you got down to it. "And no," he added, referring to the question about Aya and Brendan. "I was, ss, preoccupied."

Status
Not open for further replies.