E.S.N.A (Eradicators of SuperNatural Affairs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edgar started to open his mouth to scream, but shut it immediately, thinking that the water suddenly surrounding him would rush into his throat and drown him. He held his breath and stared wide-eyed and frozen at Nash, who was glaring down at him, silent as ever to seem as intimidating as possible. But something was still off. As Nash kept his finger touched to Edgar's forehead, all he sensed was fear of drowning, and of Nash himself. Typical things, nothing that would suggest the extra potent, specific panic that a vampire would feel if they found themselves surrounded by running water. Something wasn't right. Either Edgar had no idea of the weaknesses of the vampire race, or he wasn't a vampire at all.

Nash pressed the rest of his quad-jointed fingers to Edgar's forehead. The river illusion started to wobble and ripple away as Nash's focus turned elsewhere. Edgar's fear turned to confusion and tentative hope, no longer feeding Nash and supplying him with extra energy; the somnus had to dismiss the illusion entirely or risk tiring himself out too quickly. Edgar felt Nash probe deeper into his psyche, stirring up deeper fears, bringing them to Nash's awareness. Nash's victim tried to struggle away, but his movements were weak and undirected, so Nash had an easy time holding him in place.

The somnus hit a place of immense terror. Images linked to Edgar's fears bobbed to the surface, and Nash closed his eyes, focusing on them. He saw a woman named Sepi, and a monster, larger than anything Edgar or Nash had ever encountered before. Nash didn't know how the monster was connected to Edgar or his past, but one thing was for sure: Edgar was absolutely horrified of what it could do. Satisfied with what he had found, Nash released his grip on Edgar's head and conjured a new illusion.

Twisted limbs, gnashing teeth, deadly red eyes, a mouth filled with bloody corpses. It was huge, far larger than the real thing, and it towered over the pair, standing behind Nash and staring down at Edgar as though the poor man was the most delicious of snacks. No one else could see the illusion Nash had put together, but they could hear Edgar's screams, shrill and ragged, straining his vocal cords to their limit. All of Nash's nerve endings fired wildly as the energy from Edgar's terror filled him. Now this, this was bliss.

It was all over mere seconds later. Unable to take any more, Edgar fainted on the spot, slumping onto the ground.

Aya shuffled slightly closer to Nash to pick up his fallen coat, before giving him space to do his thing. She had always thought that Nash's true form was interesting, although she had no idea why it fascinated her. Rather than watch this man--Edgar--cower and squirm at Nash's illusions, she chose to keep her eyes planted firmly on the ground. Try as she might, there was no hiding from his blood curdling screams. What was he saying about Asura. . .? Not that it really mattered to her all that much. The past is the past. Asura will always be Asura. She wasn't really concerned about it.

The talisman that she had been carrying now felt heavy in her hand, and she could feel dark energy beginning to swirl and pool around it. There was only a small piece of Victoria's magic left in the wooden object. She lifted the talisman up closer to her face so she could look at it properly. Closing her eyes, she took in a deep, controlled breath before she snapped her eyes open. Her eyes began to glow lightly as she focused on the talisman, searching for every piece of energy she could find on the thing.

At first she saw a black, inky substance floating around her hand and around the talisman. It seeped into the wood every so slowly, and with tremendous effort. Upon closer inspection Aya saw the last of Victoria's magic, a beautiful light magenta color, start to fade away. Soon, holding it would become dangerous again.

"If we know where we are headed now, can I cleanse this? The Commander's magic is at its limit and even if we are holding it with something, the tainted energy is still going to make people ill." Aya spoke up to Asura, obviously uneasy about it.

Faith was strolling around on the streets, fresh bruises on her arms and a cut lip.
She was carelessly walking, lighting a cigarette and yawning. She only remembered bits and pieces of what happened the night before- as in ripping apart a few fairy tales into bits and pieces. Either one of them had silver or one was a Lycan...she didn't know. Either way, someone messed her up a little, but it was obvious she was used to superficial wounds that made her human form look like a domestic abuse victim. She placed the shitty cigarette in between her teeth and inhaled. It was a crappy crappy cigarette brand, the off brand of off brands. But it was cheap. She lived cheap. Hell, her house didn't even have a bed in it.
As she was waking by, she passed a woman's Husky, which began barking at her.
Faith stayed calm, but when the woman wasn't noticing, she cut her eyes at the dog, who stopped barking and tucked it's tail between it's legs.
"I hope I get mugged so I can kill a different person tonight. Mundies are fun when they are law breakers..." she said, talking to herself but not caring if anyone heard really.

Asura was watching from just behind Ayaka, and could only guess at what Nash was in the middle of. Illusions were not his fortè as with any branch of magic. However he did know that Nash could stir something up that would be useful. 'I hope it's good. I don't like the idea of walking into a trap. Edgar was leading us here for a reason.' He noticed Ayaka holding the talisman in a raised hand. 'We shouldn't hold on to that. Would it be possible to free the souls trapped inside?'

Asura ambled into place at Ayaka's side, as she stated her question. "We should get rid of it. I do however have a question." Placing a hand on her shoulder, while taking the coat to free her other hand. "If you cleanse it what would happen to those trapped inside? Would they simply move on?" He felt it was a valid question, and hoped that such a task would be possible. As it would mean the chance at a peaceful afterlife. Which left one matter remaining. The matter of what to do with Edgar.

The man had possibly been at each crime scene, and if such were the case would mean ten innocent lives were ended by association. Letting Edgar live could cause far more problems simply from the nature of the situation, and could put the lives of those around him at risk. 'No, he had is chance at life. In accordance with our laws he must pay the price.' Waiting for Nash to move away from Edgar. Asura Handed him his coat, and marched towards the incapacitated man now sprawled on the ground. 'It will be quick, and peaceful which is more then he deserves.' Kneeling down at Edgar's head. Asura slid his hand underneath the mans head, and lifted gently. Taking his other hand he quickly struck to the mans chin, and followed through until there was a loud cracking sound.

Letting the head fall to the ground it tilted back, and forth for a moment before coming to rest at an awkward angle. Red, see through fluid slowly began to fall out of the man's mouth. A sign that he would no longer be a problem. Asura placed the man's arms across his chest, and dug for coins from his pocket to place upon the eyes. It was an old tradition in his family to do it for in honor of the dead regardless of their deeds in life. So that they may find their way into the after life. Staying in his kneeling position Asura called back to Nash. "Did you find anything?" A moment later he realized they were one short. "Has anyone seen Brendan?"

=================================================================

Victoria walked quietly with Lan, whom she believed to still be upset about the threat of being sent to research. In truth she had only did so out of anger, and wanted to make a point. In the past she had used it a a punishment for the Jianshi's ineptitude, and cowardice actions in the past. Until Asura had begun to transfer to research with Lan anytime she divvied out punishments for her actions. The fact they were so close bothered Victoria, and at times had put both his, and Lan's own life in danger. "I wasn't really going to send you to research Lan. It would be foolish of me to do so at a time like this."

Really Victoria hoped to relieve the tension in the air. It was suffocating, and only proved to make their over all goal more difficult. They had been walking on the path for some time now, and had seen few signs of life. Even less of anything suspicious. The dagger at her side could get her in a general location, but was not as fine tuned of a spell like the one cast on the talisman. It only served to frustrate her.

Looking down the path, Victoria could see the first signs of life in the past twenty minutes of walking. At first sight see dismissed the person as simply a passer by. As Lan, and herself walked closer more of the girls features came into view. In truth is looked like like the woman had been in some form of assault with the bruises, and other injuries. Victoria guessed likely from being out at such a late hour. Still moving closer, she realized she knew the person. Faith, a member of her team, who always seemed ready for a fight. 'I was wondering where she was at. This is perfect, we could really use her help.' Raising her arm into the arm, Victoria gave a welcoming wave to the woman. She was still too far for conversation, and did not wish to give away her position in case the owner of the dagger was close by.

Reactions: Maddeline
Faith smirked, believing the waver at first to be someone looking for trouble- but as she approached se saw it was Victoria. She made a speed walk over to them, which took roughly 20 seconds or so.
"Oh, it's you. Sorry I didn't report in last night- I ugh....got fought up with some things. I'm sure you can tell by the condition my mundie form is in" she said, looking at all of her arm bruises.
"Just curious though- what brings you out to my dog leg of the woods? No pun intended."

@Dreaded Sonata

Last edited by a moderator:
His job done, Nash dissipated the illusions meant for Edgar, rebuilt the one that served as his disguise, and took his coat from Asura. Putting the coat back on, he watched as Asura calmly snapped the poor man's neck, moving efficiently, without remorse. The snap of Edgar's bones made Nash wince. He knew the death was necessary, just part of the job, and that this was the quickest, least painful way to go about it, but Nash had long since grown hateful of the sound. He wondered how Victoria would feel about giving Edgar a proper burial when this was all over.

"Yes," Nash said in response to Asura's first question. He elected to ignore the second, not a care in the world as to the warmongerer's location. "His deepest fear was of a demon. It was..." He paused, trying to think of a word outside his native tongue that could possibly capture the size of the thing. "...Huge. The sight of it made him faint. I believe the demon is connected to a woman named Sepi." He tilted his head to the side. "Do you know her?"

Last edited:
Ruby walked along guided by the hand. The man name Tomas had done something to her. She was now able to move, but couldn't bring herself to break away from the man. Her head swam with thoughts. 'Who is he? I need him. I think I have a fever. It's cold. Where are we?' In truth the fact he was taking her by the hand gave Ruby comfort. She wanted to be by the man, and did not care at what cost. Fresh blood trailed down her neck, and had stained her shirt. Leaving the young girl looking move like a murder victim. It was not however enough to cause serious harm.

They took to a path way into a public park. As they walked a woman stared, and covered her mouth at the sight of Ruby. Who did her best to watch the woman as they continued their trek. With her eyes barely open, and being covered in blood as she was. One could assume the worst. "Tomas... Where are we going?" The man no longer had need to lock eyes with her, as his bite was binding enough. "We are going to introduce you to our father my dear. It is he would will decide if you get to stay, or not. I have no doubt he will let me keep you though." She wanted that. More then anything she wanted that. It took time, but off the pathway out in the open grass Tomas had found his master. Who appeared to be watching two young women. One was barely dressed, and moving about in a graceful manner. While the other simply sat on a bench.

Brendan stumbled out from a nearby alleyway, looking slightly disheveled. He made his way quickly towards Asura. Sweat stained the black flat cap on his head and his face (except for his nose) was slightly red from the exertion. "Bloody Hell. . . we need to clear out. . . before the Bobbies. . . get here." He said, trying to catch his breath. London has VERY strict gun laws, therefore gunshots in the city are very rare, and given top priority for investigation.

Brendan in particular did not want to be caught and questioned. Sure, his ID would pass a routine check, but the suppressed pistol hidden in his coat would be much harder to explain. He often felt that he was of limited usefulness in the city. He had to resort to suppressed weapons and subsonic ammunition, and would probably not fire unless he was sure there were no witnesses.

(Here goes, sorry if it's a little short)

You didn't send me away because Asura would have done the same thing he did last time. You chose to not send me away only because you need him.

Lan had kept her mouth shut and her eyes forward for a long time, the thought repeating in her mind, bathed in silence broken only by the sound of their footsteps and the distant, whirring static of a passing breeze. London felt empty, drained of color and vapid; the usual nightlife tinges of the city stuffed behind concrete walls and absorbed into neon lights that leaked from beneath distant doors. She heaved out a quiet sigh and ran her hands over the cold curve of her lips. Desolation seemed to be the motif of her existence, not only permeated by it, but in the thrall of it. Surrounded by a quiet world, she knew herself to be a small island in the wake of passing woe. Victoria had spoken to her little since their departure from the clock tower and she had offered only terse and formal replies; as her respect for the Commander dictated. Her mind was far removed, thinking back to the time she had been spending alone before being called to Big Ben. She had been toying with her tarot cards, waiting for the sun to dip behind the horizon.

The World, twenty first of the twenty two Major Arcana. Technically the last, depending on the deck and esoteric labeling of The Fool. Often representative of completeness or a reward, unless inverted. As the Querient's solution in a simplistic spread, the inverted World is similar to The Tower; heralding ruination and a grand sundering.

...Or am I remembering that incorrectly?

Truthfully, Lan wasn't interested in talking to Victoria; or anyone else, at the moment.. She wanted to turn to ash and disperse herself into the winds, to turn her back on the Commander and her team...but she had vows to keep and duties to perform; not to ESNA, but to herself and two others. Asura and Lucilotte, one a long friend to whom she owed her continued existence, the other a stranger who was depending on them. The vows were simple, but had deep roots. She trusted Asura with her life and counted him as her only true friend; she'd sworn to him that she would do her best, that she'd prove herself...that she would better herself to ease the strain her presence in the unit placed on him. Lucilotte she had only recently come to know of, but felt that the girl was in a greater pain and danger than she had ever faced; her family had been murdered before her, their souls offered up to some vile deity. The Jiangshi could only imagine what the girl must be feeling.

Ruination...sundering, disjointedness. It would be foolish of me to discard something like that in my spread as mere chance.

Let it go already, focus! Besides, why the hell am I thinking about tarot cards at a time like this!

So, instead of speaking; Lan held her tongue and let go of her lingering, atrophic thoughts and turned her mind to the task at hand. Faith had crossed their path, offering some excuse as to why she hadn't shown herself. She was trailing a few paces behind the Commander, until they halted to begin the conversation. Lan stepped to the side, offering a quiet inclination of her head to Faith; her face stoic.

If it had been me giving that excuse, it wouldn't fly. There's no way Victoria would let me slip out of something like that with such a casual disregard.

Am I jealous, or hurt that I feel that way? I guess it doesn't matter, we're here on a mission...and wasting time.

Her chest tightened and the lingering scent of cigarette smoke made Lan dig into her voluminous pockets; producing two cigarettes and her lighter with a fluid motion, striking her own, flinching slightly at the spark of the flame. She offered the other forward to Faith.

"It's been a while. Good to see you, again, Faith."

Lan wore her best smile, tucking away her thoughts for the time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Only God knew just how far Miles had run, but the deep ache in his lungs and the smoldering pain in his knees told him he had come far. Something about the gunshot had scared him, distant though it was. He'd slowed as he approached the source of the noise, catching his breath and preparing himself for what the terrible sight he was surely about to behold. His body tensed, every fiber drawing taut as he made his way toward where he thought the sound had come from; following the sound of a man screaming, which had ended abruptly as he had entered the area. Instead of cruel laughter or silence, he heard a male voice...a loud snap...then a girl's voice; speaking about a demon. Miles hadn't caught everything, but he'd heard enough. He turned on his heels, still breathing heavily and took a step away.

Where do you think you're going? You're not even going to man up and go see who's talking? Ruby's missing, or worse, and, face it, man, you need help. They mentioned demons...and...and all that screaming! It can't just be chance that you've come across a group of people like this, here and now. Turn around.

He looked around, quietly, thinking himself hidden from the view of whoever was speaking and pressed a balled fist against his forehead; digging knuckles into his brow, then eyes, slowly and in circular patterns. He had accessed Ruby's location, as per her contingency instructions, and was shocked to see she was still in the park...or at least close enough to it.

THERE ISN'T TIME TO PUSSYFOOT AROUND THIS, YOU BITCH! DO SOMETHING OR ACCEPT THE FACT THAT RUBY IS GONE AND YOU DIDN'T DO A DAMN THING ABOUT IT!

"Alright, damn, here it goes," he whispered before slipping from behind his cover and stepping out into the open, "...holy shit," was all he could muster. In front of him, they stood; arrayed in front of a dead man. It was part of the group he and Ruby had been trailing earlier.

The fucking Trenchies...maybe...but what am I gonna say...

The words stuck in his throat as he stared at them, trailing eyes from each one of them...to the man laying dead at their feet. Suddenly, the importance of the situation began to sink in. If they saw him and knew that he had seen them...that he and Ruby had the vaguest idea of what they were or what they did; he'd end up like the poor bastard with his head hanging askew. That's what he'd have to bank on. Miles let loose a tense sigh, praying that they hadn't seen him. He produced his cellphone and casually snapped a picture, making certain that the click and flash would be apparent to the group gathered there. As soon as it issued, he bolted in the other direction; letting out a long whoop to ensure that he had their attention. Groups like that didn't just let a voyeur slip back into the night; he'd just have to pray they wouldn't kill him before he had a chance to beg them for help.

This is the worst plan you've ever come up with, Miles. You're going to get yourself bagged and murdered and no one will ever fucking know what happened to you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lucilotte's head was heavy beneath the tangled mess of her ebon hair. Each breath was slow and shallow, though her heart thundered furiously in her chest. She had wept for so long in silence that she had become used to viewing the world through a veil of tears. Now, though, she felt a cold and clinical sense of clarity; a knowing that imparted to her a sense of fatalism she had never experienced before. Lucilotte Ashworth had never seen death before what had happened to her family, she had never smelled blood so strongly or seen the way that a blade digs eagerly into exposed flesh. Then, after that horrid moment, everything had gone dark. She had feared herself dead, but the truth was more disturbing; she had been in the thrall of some spell, her marionette thoughts dancing on vile strings. Now, though, with the gentle touch of a lovely face against her own fair features, she was suddenly thrust back into the world with a sharpness that made her recoil. Her hands tensed in her lap and her throat became tight. The woman before her, her vibrant and jovial captor was smiling and introducing herself.

"H-hello, Sepi," she managed to work out from between her lips, they were timid syllables, wrested from the confusion of a bereaved and suddenly self-aware girl, "I..."

I what, she queried internally, her face a mask in the witch's presence, I want to go home? I want to leave? I want my family back?

"I like your name," her tone slipped into something more akin to her normal sweet, melancholic tone and she uncurled her hands and placed them at her side, "it is very pretty." She wanted to tell the woman that she didn't want a nickname, or any sort of familiarity with her, but knew that there was no use in arguing. Luci decided it would be best to stay on the woman's good side and knew that complaining or mourning would strike a sour chord with her new chaperon. She forced a tired smile onto her face.

"Luci is fine..."

I had never seen evil before. Now I feel I know it all too well. What escape is there from a woman like this? What did she do...how did she make them...

Her mind was alight with questions, each a crashing wave against the shore of her mind; scattering loose pebbles of memory and debris from the past, all pulled into the screaming tide and cast aside as she stared at the beautiful, cruel thing before her.

"What...are we doing, here?"

She would not ask the obvious questions. She didn't want to know. She didn't want to give Sepi the pleasure of seeing her worry. Lucilotte Ashworth kept a small, meek smile on her face, plastered in place by uncertainty and fear.

This woman, this thing, killed my family and surely has some similar design in mind for me. Despite her words and demeanor, I can only assume that my life is in danger. I am sorry, Father, Mother, I do not yet have time to mourn you. I will cry for you when there is time.

If you are watching
, please, please, please, help me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

He listened intently, as the quiet girl spoke. Vampire Lord Oberon Zeiss was not a creature of immense patience, but he was capable of waiting when the situation was called for. Sepi's movements were fluid and impressive, though he felt her display to show a child-like disposition toward boredom. Despite her cunning and power, the young witch was exactly that; young. Oberon despised the young and foolhardy, those who existed for their own amusement and little else. He was once like them, an errant crow caught in a maelstrom of possibilities. Now, here he stood, in the heart of London; a creature feared and respected by those who tread the night. It was this that gave him purpose in his unlife, that and his beloved family; those who followed in his steps. They were precious to him, despite his firm hand with handling them and that sense of duty was what separated him from a being like Sepi.

"Tomas," the vampire said, without turning away from the conversation unfolding before him, "you have brought someone with you." He sniffed the air, briefly, his broad shoulders falling as he let loose a long, hissing breath; savoring the taste of her blood on the air. "A woman, young and full of life. Why have you brought her before me?"

It was a formality to ask. He knew Tomas had been searching for a suitable companion for some time, though the few he had brought before his lord were little more than a passing feast. Long he had considered giving his 'son' the companion he desired and he believed the time had finally come. Oberon turned, placing his eyes, first on Tomas, with a slight smile, his lips curling up at the edges and his eyes alight with some sense of mischief. He took slow strides toward them, a gliding gait that closed the distance between them in little time.

"My son," he offered with a sense of amusement as his eyes drank in the girl clutched to his arm, "you wish her to join you in unlife?" Again, it was rhetorical. He knew well that the only reason this girl was not dead and drained was because Tomas had some want of her. Oberon moved in close, staring into the girl's face, running long fingers across her cheek before speaking.

"What is your name, child?"

Faith grabbed her own cigarette and pushed the burning end of her cigarette into the back of her left hand, wincing at the burn slightly.
"Thanks Lan...my...my brand sucks. I wake up and I don't have my money...whatever paycheck I get just...poof. When I change...I don't remember..." She grabbed her temple...gently massaging it before using her other hand to snatch the cigarette. She gently placed it between her lips and hovered it near Lan's lighter, her polite way of asking for a light.
She began getting a wiff of something, and didn't intend on not following it- but at the moment she needed a light. she could tell them later.

(@Sleep)

She giggled, despite her earlier melancholy and gingerly offered Faith, not her lighter, but the flame from it. Again, she fought against the cringing sensation that run up and down her body; the only evidence of it a slight quivering of her arm as the flame lingered in suspension.

"I'm sorry, I should have thought to give you that from the beginning."

Lan shrugged and gave a genuine smile. She had always liked Faith, despite the girl's predilection towards violence, and admired her courage; despite the fact the she often had to fight down the urge to offer to attempt to dress her wounds and offer unsolicited advice about putting ice on bruises. Of course, what did she know about caring for wounds after so long being dead? The lack of memories was always worrisome to the Jiangshi, when it came to Werewolves. Those long spaces of empty memory could have lead to the deaths of innocents, but she couldn't bring herself to aim that sharp thought at her Lycanthrope companions. She tore her eyes from the hovering flame, for a brief second before forcing her eyes back onto it. She had to break her fear one way or another.

"It sounds like the equivalent of a bad hangover. I...I think I might know a way to help with that, but we'll have to wait until I can find my notes."

Of course, that was something she wasn't familiar with; but it seemed an apt comparison. She trailed her eyes over Faith's human form, the bedraggled and beaten woman before her. Lan had done a fair bit of research into ways of helping Werewolves with their smaller problems, mostly due to her fondness for Asura; but if she could help, the Jiangshi was more than eager to offer her services.

"If I may speak freely, Commander? Where exactly are we going? I'm sure Faith is as eager to know as I am..."

Aya turned her face away and shut her eyes when Asura snapped the mans neck. She knew it had to be done, but she didn't like to watch. "When I cleanse this, I will release the souls inside." Her voice was soft and her expression gentle as she looked at the talisman. "These souls will be able to rest in peace." This was something she could do. Being the youngest and human, she often felt like her lack of strength and experience was a hard thing to overcome. Being able to help people was part of the reason she joined ESNA after all, this made her happy. Aya looked at Brandon, "This shouldn't take too long. I will try to be quick." She nodded at his statement about the cops.

Standing the talisman against a nearby chain link fence, she stepped back a good three feet before she began. She moved her arm in a horizontal motion, out stretching her first two fingers as she spoke in a clear voice, "Rin." Moving her arm down vertically she spoke again, "Pyou." Continuing in these arm movements she finished, "Tou, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen!" Her finger tips were glowing in a silver light along with her eyes. The talisman was shaking violently, angrily. "I command you, release the souls you have unrightfully trapped!" Ayaka's voice shook with power when suddenly the Talisman lit up in the same silvery light she had.

Aya felt the souls be released, she felt like a weight had been lifted from the air. Her hands were shaking when she picked up the Talisman, seeing nine cuts engraved into the wood from her incantation. She didn't hold back enough, a master could've done that without the cuts being visible.

"I would agree with the hangover part. I've tried gipsies and psychics and shit like that...it might work, hell I'll do anything...but I believe we should be somewhere near here...I've got a scent of something. I'd really love to enjoy this cigarette first, but if you point me in the right direction..." she paused to take a deep breath... "....and shoot me with anything non silver or stab me or something...my nose should take over and I can follow the trail. I only ask you all have some spare clothes for me because I tend to find myself nude in very odd places otherwise" she said, shrugging as if she honestly didn't care.

Reactions: Sleep
Victoria sauntered a few steps away from the two. The smell of smoke bothered her greatly, but she did not wish to put such restrictions on her team. "Well, Faith. We have found far more evidence then we ever could have hoped for. I know for a fact we are now dealing with witches, and have enchanted a dagger to guide us to one." She pulled out the dagger, and held it up as it produced it's own illuminating light. Which bathed the area in a green light in the process. "I honestly thought you just had not gotten the message, and had no idea you would be here. Care to join us for the hunt?" Victoria had learned from Asura over the years there were more meaningful term to be used for those who suffered their blight.

Brendan's eyes darted to the flash of light coming from another alley. He saw the young man running away. "HALT!" He shouted, making ready to pursue the photographer on foot. He was a little winded, but he should be able to easily catch up if he took off his coat. He would have pulled his weapon and started shooting if they were in a more permissive city like Mogadishu, Basra, or Detroit. But London was not the place to be firing guns without good reason.

"Permission to pursue?" Brendan asked to Asura, taking a starter's stance in the direction of the runner. His muscles tensed for the impending explosion of action.

"Yeah...I've got a strong smell on something out there" she said, begining to smell a little deeper while inhaling.
"You can't fool this nose- someone is..." she paused to inhale the smoke again...then fell down to her knees...smelling the concrete...she made an evil grin.
"Ooooh yeah....someone with either some magic or bad spirit or something is near...I'm smelling Mundies and a few of our hunters but...someone or something is standing out like a sore thumb..."

(@Sleep @Dreaded Sonata )

Before Asura had the chance to answer his question, Nash's sensitive hearing picked up on the very distinctive click of a camera going off uncomfortably close by. He gave a loud, clearly inhuman hissing noise, a curse in the somnus language, and focused his senses to hone in on the photographer. As luck would have it, he didn't need them to hear the spy's shout. Clearly, whoever it was wanted their attention. Was it a trap? Nash couldn't be sure, but he didn't have much time to react before the photographer got away. Without waiting for permission like some people, Nash took off.

The energy the disguised somnus had gathered from his recent feeding meant he could run at his fastest without getting winded, as long as he kept it to short bursts. Just in case this really was a trap, Nash cast an illusion of a solid brick wall a few meters in front of the photographer; if he kept running, Miles would pass through it without feeling a thing, but Nash was betting that his magic would be effective enough.

Plausing for a moment Victoria took off her coat, and offered it to Faith. "It isn't much, but it is all I have to spare. You can smell that much huh?" In truth Victoria was surprised that the girl could smell anything over the cigarette. The smell of which had seemed to find her own. "I would like for you to track it if you do not mind Faith." This was it. If they found them now it could be all over. Maybe after this case they could even get a small vacation.
=======================================================================

Asura was about to greet the old warrior, when the sound of a camera, and a bright flash from the corner of his eye demanded his attention. They had been seen. More importantly they had been seen with a body. If it made it's way to the news then it would spell death, or detainment for the whole group. "Son of a..." He had no choice. If the young man now sprinting through the open ground before them escaped it would be over.

Hunkering down Asura took off from a runners position. "Take him alive!" 'I have to catch him. Is it a trap? No surely not.' The sound of wind whipped in his ears as he closed the distance. The moon played a large part in his speed directly affecting his kind. Even if it was no longer full he still received benefits from it such as a higher endurance. The fact it was open ground helped greatly, and his prey did not seem to be in the best of shape at the current moment.

========================================================================

Holding tightly to Tomas Ruby did not know exactly what to do. The man before her had a look of illness to him, and there was something unsettling about the man. It wasn't until Tomas squeezed her hand that she was able to find her voice. "My name is Ruby sir. It is a pleasure to meet you." She felt compelled to be polite, and even smiled largely at Obaron. Ruby felt that everything was right in it's current state. 'This is wrong.' Ruby's gaze began to slowly shift around her. Unsure of what the small voice she clearly heard had said.

=====================================================================

Sepi flopped down beside the young girl, and tussled her hair. "We are wait for a friend remember? Who seems to be late, I detest waiting." Sepi let out a long sigh, and began to hum a stange, and unique tune. It was all she could do to keep from storming off. If this Lord Obaron was so reluctant to meet with her, then why even set it up in the first place? If it went on much longer she would not be there. "So Luci, what would you like to do to pass the time?"

Not paying the girl much mind Sepi began to run the situation through her head. 'Edgar is late. Unless something happened to him he would never dare to anger me in such a way. This Lord Obaron is a no show, and I can not help feeling something is coming on the wind. This could have been a clever trap. If that is the case, then perhaps I will have to use the girl to escape.' She truly began to feel tense, but kept she innocent smile. If this was a trap then before she left she may try out the gifts her lord had given to her. As it would be the perfect test for them.

Faith groaned, only about 15% of the cigarette left. But she savored the cigarette down until it was thinner than her pinky and it burnt her lips. Not for the nicotine, but to block out the smell of mundies and cars and fellow hunters. She could smell more than she wanted to and it would give her perfuse headaches from doing so. But, alas, the cigarette had to go. She threw it on the pavement and stomped the bud out with her cheap plastic high heels she had on.
Faith simply nodded at the coat.
"That should do...just ugh, shoot me or stab with some non-silver and get me all furry and I'll get the job done. Tell me when I wake up how I did. And I may or may not pretend to be unconscious so that you can dress me after I turn back" she said, giving a semi-flirtatious wink at both of the other girls.
She undone the back of her top, and pointed to her back for one of them to harm- immense pain would trigger her transformation after her many attempts to learn to transform "at will", she found that an adrenaline boost made it very easy to change forms.

Victoria knew little else to do, but raise the dagger high. She did not truly have to hurt Faith long term, and medical could fix her up once they returned. What scared her the most was if Faith would be able to control herself once transformed. However even if she could not control herself surely they could find the witch. As they would simply have to follow the screams. "Please just don't cause to big of a scene.... Okay?" Victoria didn't wait for a response, and simply brought the dagger down. Cutting into the tender flesh along her upper back. The wound itself was not overly deep, but Victoria was sure it was enough to do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.