Hercules

Hercules's face crinkled a bit in thought.

" May you have twice as many."

"As for law, I suppose you might have reason to think that. The laws here in these mortal lands are... complicated at best. In simple, this is not my city now, I am only a visitor here. Further, I am familiar with the type of knaves these men were. Many things are complicated that were once far more simple. "

" I am known in older tongues as Herakles, in the more modern vernacular Hercules. Should I be worried that you are here ? "

Hercules

Hercules's face crinkled a bit in thought.

" May you have twice as many."

"As for law, I suppose you might have reason to think that. The laws here in these mortal lands are... complicated at best. In simple, this is not my city now, I am only a visitor here. Further, I am familiar with the type of knaves these men were. Many things are complicated that were once far more simple. "

" I am known in older tongues as Herakles, in the more modern vernacular Hercules. Should I be worried that you are here ? "

That sparked a reaction out of the stoic features of the Man in Black. Eyes flashed in the dark, crimson and penetrating. Like the birds of prey they emulated in their actions, his gaze was swift and his surprise and wariness more so. A moment later, he spoke.

"I...Do not know. But if you are who you say you are? Then your honor is known to me and can be relied on."

He stepped forward, on silent steps as his longcoat billowed slightly in his wake like the wings of a bat. Looking up at the legendary hero, he added quietly.

"I did not come to this world of my own volition. My magecraft sent me here. If so, tell me Hercules..."

He cocked his head and spoke calmly.

"In a world of heroes like you, what use does it have for a Gunslinger of Gil-Elad?"

@Gands

Hercules

This Hercules seemed not rarely be far from a smile. He gave the gunfighter one now.

" This world merged with another, and bits and pieces of several more. Frankly the dust hasn't really cleared yet. So there are evil things aplenty for all of us heroes to deal with. Even the mages of this new world have their hands full I think ! "

The lion of Olympus strokes his beard for a moment.

" I think some of the dark places are just now getting themselves out of the dust too. Many of these heroes, have not dealt much with the kinds of evil you and I have ! "

@Ringmaster

Hercules

This Hercules seemed not rarely be far from a smile. He gave the gunfighter one now.

" This world merged with another, and bits and pieces of several more. Frankly the dust hasn't really cleared yet. So there are evil things aplenty for all of us heroes to deal with. Even the mages of this new world have their hands full I think ! "

The lion of Olympus strokes his beard for a moment.

" I think some of the dark places are just now getting themselves out of the dust too. Many of these heroes, have not dealt much with the kinds of evil you and I have ! "

@Ringmaster

"Another time. Another world." He said quietly before his brow furrowed.

"...Merged you say?" Confusion played briefly in his eyes as he considered before speaking.

"But I remember the Tower. Master Deschain, before the end. It was the only world I ever knew, before I left."

He pondered before he finally shook his head. "....It doesn't matter I suppose. There are no Gunslingers anymore. Not really." He looked at Hercules and spoke. "Do you know of a place we can talk in private?"

@Gands

Hercules

" Aye, I do, I fell on bad times not long ago, my thoughts adrift and I tried to loose my sorrows in wine and women. To get myself together, I joined a mortal agency of law. They have a safe house rarely used not far from here. "

Hercules walks to a brownstone about a mile distant. Using a card, then fingerprint, then eye scan to get in.

The first areas seem like simple empty living quarters. Hercules sits in a large easy chair, prominent in a living room.

Hercules

" Aye, I do, I fell on bad times not long ago, my thoughts adrift and I tried to loose my sorrows in wine and women. To get myself together, I joined a mortal agency of law. They have a safe house rarely used not far from here. "

Hercules walks to a brownstone about a mile distant. Using a card, then fingerprint, then eye scan to get in.

The first areas seem like simple empty living quarters. Hercules sits in a large easy chair, prominent in a living room.

He sat across on the first chair he could. Eyes flicking about, taking in the area before letting out a sigh.

"Time flows differently in the Hedge as you know. I don't know how long by account of years here that I was within the Nevernever. It could have been a day in the span of years, for all I know. Nevertheless...I was raised like the others."

Eyes flicked back to Hercules, seeing and unseeing the figure before him as he let out his story.

"I had no father. I had no mother. I was a nightmare babe, left in swaddling clothes and found by the man I would regard as brother. Roland, heir of Deschain. His father was a legend among the Gunslingers and I? I was nothing. I hated him at first. In a twist of fate, we became friends. But it started there. The death of the Gunslingers began there."

His head bowed, black hat shading his eyes now as he lost himself in memory.

"....Ours had always been to protect the Tower. To ensure none penetrate its halls for the secrets within. Our blessed weapons held off the monsters and our code allowed us to keep to our duty. But flesh is weak and we crumbled from within. By the time we knew what was happening, we were embroiled in civil war. And then there was no need for an excuse, save our own lust for violence." He shook his head.

"Fools we were and fools for all to see, none the least the Man in White. The instigator of the conflict. The murderer of my brother and the only life I ever knew. When it was over, he fled across the desert of Gil-Elad."

He looked Hercules in the eye with an air reminiscent of a Cockatrice before saying quietly.

"And I followed after. Such has been my life...Until coming here. If my presence here is no accident, perhaps he is likewise in this world? Following the tenants of his dark master."

@Gands

Hercules

The Olympian goes into the small kitchen and makes a couple of cups of tea, bringing them into the living room to fully listen to Gunslinger's story.

" Well, I daresay, in this complicated mess of a world, you will have a hard time finding him here. Do you have a way of tracking or finding him ? "

He scowled and shook his head.

"No. I do not. The best I can do is seek out places of turmoil and evil. His hand will inevitably be behind them or stirring the pot." He leaned back, sipping his tea as he brooded on that idea before he sighed.

"That is my story. What of yours? How does Hercules come to this world of wonders?"

@Gands

Hercules

The Olympian smiles again, drinking his tea. The other cup left for the gunslinger.

"That is a long story. I will tell you this though...As the worlds were merging I fought another Hercules for days for the right to exist here. "

Hercules

The Olympian smiles again, drinking his tea. The other cup left for the gunslinger.

"That is a long story. I will tell you this though...As the worlds were merging I fought another Hercules for days for the right to exist here. "

His eyebrow cocked up once.

"....How did you settle your differences?"

He himself had no other Gunslinger to contend with. Whether out of sheer luck, or the fact he was the defacto Gunslinger was a thing he didn't know if he wanted the answer.

@Gands

Hercules

" it's simple really, it simply took several days to subdue myself. It had been according to an agreement between two Zeus's. I frankly believe the other relied too much on ferocity instead of reason. I have learned a lot, been through a lot. "

Hercules

" it's simple really, it simply took several days to subdue myself. It had been according to an agreement between two Zeus's. I frankly believe the other relied too much on ferocity instead of reason. I have learned a lot, been through a lot. "

Story of his life. So he hoped anyway. Still at any rate, this encounter here had introduced him to a few truths. One of which was that the old Pantheons were aware of the role of his kind, defunct as they were now. Secondly, was that they knew of the Tower as well- Perhaps in there, a key might be at hand to understand the melding of reality as they described it. Though such a journey was not only suicidal, but also not one for the faint of heart. Absolute purpose was the only way to get there and even then, the Tower would judge those who passed through. Including the Guardians, such as remained nowadays.

Roland wouldn't have been stumped as he was. Not for the first time, did Lucifer wish impotently that Roland, the true son had lived and he perished in the civil war. But that man was a brave one, by any measure. It seemed fitting at the same time that he died fighting, gun in hand.

He swirled his mug once, looking into its depths before he spoke.

"How does one make a name for themselves in this world? Perhaps I must learn from your example and ply my skills in this world in turn. There are always monsters worthy of blade and bullet." He glanced up and added.

"Also, which of the old gods are yet around besides your family?"

@Gands

Hercules

The Olympian looks thoughtful for a moment.

"Let's think about it. The Norse, The Hindi, The Celt, some of the Amerind, Egyptian, some of the Mezoamerican. I think that's most of them."

" Maybe Chinese and Japanese too. "

@Ringmaster

Hercules

"Let's think about it. The Norse, The Hindi, The Celt, some of the Amerind, Egyptian, some of the Mezoamerican. I think that's most of them."

@Ringmaster

Hercules

@Ringmaster

He put his mug to the side, considering the information. So. So and so. The Old World was still ongoing strong, despite the backdrop of civilization here. In such times, a Gunslinger would always be flush with work. And perhaps he might find news yet, of the foe he was going to fight.

He rose to his feet and bowed respectfully.

"Thank you Hercules. On that note, I ask one more boon...I had run into three this day, who presented a heroic face. What sort of enemies might I need worry about, here in this city who may have alternate ideas?"

@Gands

Christian Star

After what seemed like hours, Christian had finally found a hotel that hadn't been either been a crime scene, bug infested or dangerous to health. He took a deep breath and went back to writing, writing the day as far as he knew. He hoped that nothing would disturb him, but he expected something to happen soon.

It started out as a bar fight...
ejecutado-Orizaba3.jpg

It didn't end that way...
A bar in the city of Glendale California, known as Bar Celona... now had several police cars, the Coroner, and ESCI's attention.

ECSI's Medical Examiner, Olivia Moore, looked carefully over the scene. "The good news? It's not zombies. It's also the bad news, because I have no idea who or what could have caused this many people to full psycho all at once."

"The wounds here are consistent with someone strong, but not superhumanly so. See, the crack along the back of the skull here - it took the attacker several strikes to crack it, the bruising and lacerations indicate the table leg over there is probably this murder weapon." Temperance "Bones" Brennan added, as she was kneeling by one of the bodies.

"Doc, you got anything?" Liv asked, looking at the third member of the team on site.

"I haven't gotten anything coherent yet from the survivors, no. But that will come in time. They're still in shock. I'm looking over the profiles - a couple of AA members, and one man in family therapy with his wife and adult son, but no obvious catalyst here." Doctor Leonard Samson replied.

"Hey, I'm working on those initial files you sent me, trying to clean them up. I'll have some license plates for you soon, guys." Abby chirped up over their radios.

Meanwhile... about ten blocks away at a cheap motel...

"You okay, brother? Looks like you hit some trouble." The homeless guy in front of one of the rooms commented at the man letting himself into his room.

"It's okay. I hit back." Giving the man a grin that made him sober up instantly and get the hell out of there.

"Yeah, I hit back."

220px-FlaggMovieSheridan.jpg

"Oh, it's good to be out of there. Real good. When I find that Gunslinger, I gotta thank him for showing me the way here. It's so much better than the Hedge... Gotta thank him well."

The door closed behind him, as a murder of crows flew overhead and spread out across the city.

And even though it was thousands of miles away... the Gunslinger knew... something was wrong.

@Gands @Ringmaster

Last edited:
Hercules

" I have access to a vast storehouse of information on this subject. But, best this is accessed at my home in Metropolis. A couple of hours ride in my motorcycle. Do you have a conveyance yet ?"

@Ringmaster

Hercules

" I have access to a vast storehouse of information on this subject. But, best this is accessed at my home in Metropolis. A couple of hours ride in my motorcycle. Do you have a conveyance yet ?"

@Ringmaster

He paused, cocked his head to the side. Something was amiss in the world. A single, discordant note in the orchestra that was this world. He didn't know what, he didn't know how. But it had served him well before.

He turned to Hercules and spoke.

"No. But something just came up. I cry your pardon Hercules, but something has drawn my attention. Evil is stalking this city." He paused and added. "Do you wish to join me? An ally and friend is worth ten-score bullets any day in these times."

@Gands

Azalia

Feeling her hand being taken Azalia almost ripped it back out of instinct. But, the sudden contact brought with it more than she bargained for. The potent memories of abandonment, torture and starvation had been circulating through her mind. Now, she was near certain the other woman experienced the same flash. Biting her lip she took her hand back as soon as they were inside. "Sorry..." Azalia mumbled out at her sudden action. "Some things are best left known only to me." The woman said taking a deep breath. "Suffer in silence for the world may shatter otherwise." Azalia continued but with little emotion in her voice.

Her unfettered energy finally contained and tethered down by her only mind she walked straight ahead. "Elevator is this way." Azalia spoke to the two. "If you wonder, I can see right now. About sixteen of myself walking across the floor. "Motioning around the room there was nothing... but she felt them and obviously felt her presence. "They seem... Jovial?" She raised an eyebrow at the unknown feeling. Perhaps it was hope... but she didn't know. It was alien and that was all.

Stepping into the elevator Azalia reached down and pressed six buttons in a seemingly random order. Doors closing it was then that one of the rabbits slammed into existence next to them. "Wondered when that would happen. Good timing." Azalia said to the rabbit. The creature stared at the other two "Behave." Azalia said before gesturing with her hand. The creature shook before its mouth opened and it ate itself in an almost toon like fashion. "Haven't seen that one in awhile. They must be showing off."

Doors opening, the penthouse interior can be seen.
stanhope65mil.0.gif

@Michale CS
@Gands

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Michale CS