"There's nothing really to understand." He said with a shrug as he went back to his seat. Hat tilted low as he kicked back, comfortable and relaxed by a hair trigger.

"And if its my fate to learn more, I will. No more, no less."

@Michale CS @Gands

"Huh. Well probably is? Speaking of... I wonder where Doctor Fate is. Oh well. I guess it's... Uh, toasted cheese sandwiches because I wasn't expecting company and didn't stock the kitchen. I'll make yours without peanut butter because that's really a Squirrel thing, putting nuts in everything."

It wasn't long before she had the grilled cheese sandwiches ready, Doreen's looked mildly horrifying as she'd toasted peanut butter both inside and out, but she just served the Gunslinger's with a couple chocolate Macadamia Walnut cookies on the side.

"Soo, my real name is Doreen. Squirrel Girl is just the super hero name. What's your name?"

@Ringmaster @Gands

"Huh. Well probably is? Speaking of... I wonder where Doctor Fate is. Oh well. I guess it's... Uh, toasted cheese sandwiches because I wasn't expecting company and didn't stock the kitchen. I'll make yours without peanut butter because that's really a Squirrel thing, putting nuts in everything."

It wasn't long before she had the grilled cheese sandwiches ready, Doreen's looked mildly horrifying as she'd toasted peanut butter both inside and out, but she just served the Gunslinger's with a couple chocolate Macadamia Walnut cookies on the side.

"Soo, my real name is Doreen. Squirrel Girl is just the super hero name. What's your name?"

@Ringmaster @Gands

He looked up sharply from his sandwich at that, chewing furiously before swallowing. A moment later, he plucked his hat off and placed it to the side. Without it, the imposing figure was vastly reduced to a much more normal perspective.

He was young. Late twenties or early thirties, features wise and his hair looked to be cut with a knife. Serviceable, but still nature-ragged. A moment later he spoke.

"You should be more careful about giving out your First Name. A lot of dangerous things could be done with it. Gunslinger is what the Nevernever knows me as. That or the Man in Black. Gunslinger will do for now. Even with your hospitality, I'm afraid I'd rather err on the side of caution."

He took another bite and leaned back in his seat before he said quietly.

"So. Are you a changeling then?"

He gestured to her animal features in obvious question.

@Michale CS

He looked up sharply from his sandwich at that, chewing furiously before swallowing. A moment later, he plucked his hat off and placed it to the side. Without it, the imposing figure was vastly reduced to a much more normal perspective.

He was young. Late twenties or early thirties, features wise and his hair looked to be cut with a knife. Serviceable, but still nature-ragged. A moment later he spoke.

"You should be more careful about giving out your First Name. A lot of dangerous things could be done with it. Gunslinger is what the Nevernever knows me as. That or the Man in Black. Gunslinger will do for now. Even with your hospitality, I'm afraid I'd rather err on the side of caution."

He took another bite and leaned back in his seat before he said quietly.

"So. Are you a changeling then?"

He gestured to her animal features in obvious question.

@Michale CS

She shrugged. "I don't usually worry about the name thing too much. Or even the secret ID bit. I can hide the tail and the ears are fake, see?" She took off the headband.

"Well, I thought I was a Mutant but then I found out I wasn't... So it's a science-y experiment or something my parents were involved in? They've never been clear on that. Besides, I'm pretty much unbeatable. I've taken care of some of the baddest of the bad over my career."

She dove into her sandwich then and a good dozen Squirrels came in from the other room, descending on a bowl of mixed nuts she'd put out for them.

Four of them had tiny bandanas on.

@Ringmaster

She shrugged. "I don't usually worry about the name thing too much. Or even the secret ID bit. I can hide the tail and the ears are fake, see?" She took off the headband.

"Well, I thought I was a Mutant but then I found out I wasn't... So it's a science-y experiment or something my parents were involved in? They've never been clear on that. Besides, I'm pretty much unbeatable. I've taken care of some of the baddest of the bad over my career."

She dove into her sandwich then and a good dozen Squirrels came in from the other room, descending on a bowl of mixed nuts she'd put out for them.

Four of them had tiny bandanas on.

@Ringmaster

"Long days and pleasant nights." He said politely to the Squirrels. Glancing at Doreen, he nodded once before he added.

"Not that sort of trouble. With your real name, certain sorcerers could do a power of harm to someone. From mind control to reading your thoughts- All that sort of thing. So I keep my name locked away, as tight as Koschei's heart."

He finished his sandwich.

@Michale CS

"Long days and pleasant nights." He said politely to the Squirrels. Glancing at Doreen, he nodded once before he added.

"Not that sort of trouble. With your real name, certain sorcerers could do a power of harm to someone. From mind control to reading your thoughts- All that sort of thing. So I keep my name locked away, as tight as Koschei's heart."

He finished his sandwich.

@Michale CS

"Well pretty much just my parents know my middle name, and maybe my 'true' name is in Squirrelese?" One of the Squirrels chattered at Doreen, and some of the others chittered at the Gunslinger.

"And I'm just gonna call you Johnny if you don't mind... Cause we had a singer who called himself the Man in Black and his stage name was Johnny... In fact, I think you'd like his music... Lemme show you."

Doreen put on a song on the flatscreen smart TV for him...

"Well pretty much just my parents know my middle name, and maybe my 'true' name is in Squirrelese?" One of the Squirrels chattered at Doreen, and some of the others chittered at the Gunslinger.

"And I'm just gonna call you Johnny if you don't mind... Cause we had a singer who called himself the Man in Black and his stage name was Johnny... In fact, I think you'd like his music... Lemme show you."

Doreen put on a song on the flatscreen smart TV for him...

"Johnny is....Acceptable." He remarked with an incline of his head. Leaning back in his seat, a faint expression of contemplation passed over as he thought while the song played. Finally, he spoke.

"What else can you tell me about this world? About folks like you and the woman from earlier?"

@Michale CS

"Johnny is....Acceptable." He remarked with an incline of his head. Leaning back in his seat, a faint expression of contemplation passed over as he thought while the song played. Finally, he spoke.

"What else can you tell me about this world? About folks like you and the woman from earlier?"

@Michale CS

"Well, there's lots of us. I mean, exceptional people, especially here in the States. Like one of every ten thousand or so? They really can't do an accurate count because some people'd rather all of us not exist, or be rounded up and locked away or whatever. There are super hero teams like the Avengers - like me - " She showed her Great Lakes Avengers ID badge to him. "...and then there's the Justice League and the X-Men... the Titans... lots of em. And of course bad guys sometimes group up too, like the Sinister Six. Sometimes not even powered people, like there are these real jerks called the Friends of Humanity? Wow, they're sooo racist."

She paused, blinking. "I know, it's a lot to take in. It's worse now in the past few years. ARMOR has its hands full. That's the Alternate Realtiy Monitoring and Operational Response department. Best I can say is, watch a lot of TV and get on the internet to read up on the rest?"

Doreen figured it had only been a few minutes, so Eden didn't have time to respond yet. Probably a lot of superhero things to do.

@Ringmaster @Gands

He only got the vaguest of terms, but the rest was easy enough. Different verse, same as the first.

World had its fair share of trouble, same as anything else. This was no different.

"I see." He inclined his head. "I thank you for your hospitality. I shan't bother you overly, but a single night would be most appreciated. In return, is there anything I may do for you?"

@Michale CS @Gands

He only got the vaguest of terms, but the rest was easy enough. Different verse, same as the first.

World had its fair share of trouble, same as anything else. This was no different.

"I see." He inclined his head. "I thank you for your hospitality. I shan't bother you overly, but a single night would be most appreciated. In return, is there anything I may do for you?"

@Michale CS @Gands

"Hey, I've got this place rented for a week. One of my favorite bands is in town, and I'm gonna go see them in a couple days."

She first brought up a song by them, then endeavored to get Johnny used to using the remote to the SmartTV so he could 'catch up' with current events, showing him what button did what. "I need to take a shower, just browse and watch huh?"

Doreen popped over into the bathroom, and the remaining squirrels gathered around Johnny to see what he'd entertain them with.

@Ringmaster

"Hey, I've got this place rented for a week. One of my favorite bands is in town, and I'm gonna go see them in a couple days."

She first brought up a song by them, then endeavored to get Johnny used to using the remote to the SmartTV so he could 'catch up' with current events, showing him what button did what. "I need to take a shower, just browse and watch huh?"

Doreen popped over into the bathroom, and the remaining squirrels gathered around Johnny to see what he'd entertain them with.

@Ringmaster

He watched her leave, swaying out to the bathroom. As soon as she was gone, he rose up and moved the couch aside easily, silver throwing knife flicked from its sheath within his sleeve. Crouching, he began to cut into the floor a careful pattern, armed with a piece of string connected to a stick to create a perfect circle. Runes were the next bit- The binary of the arcane, as he set them up.

A moments check and he nodded once, before slitting his thumb with the knife and letting a drop onto the pattern. Watching it glow briefly, absorbing it he paused....And finally nodded. The knife was returned.

The couch was replaced in its place.

He used the remote to flick through channels, opting for the latest news as he leaned forward intently.

Sports he ignored entirely, utterly focused on finding out more of the new rules of this plane.

@Michale CS @Gands

He used the remote to flick through channels, opting for the latest news as he leaned forward intently.

Sports he ignored entirely, utterly focused on finding out more of the new rules of this plane.

When Doreen came out of the shower, several squirrels chittered wildly at her. She chittered back some and then looked at Johnny.

"I really hope that they don't move the couches when they clean here. I'm out of here in a week and I'd hate to get a bill for replacing flooring. My GLA stipend only goes so far, and I'm going back to school next term!" She shrugged, though.

"I'm going back on patrol. You can stay here or come with. I'm pretty sure you can keep up."

Then she thought... oh crap, I told Psyhawk to come here. She shot off a quick text.
"Going out on Patrol. Txt me back when you're available. This is really weird and for me that's saying something!"

@Gands @Ringmaster

When Doreen came out of the shower, several squirrels chittered wildly at her. She chittered back some and then looked at Johnny.

"I really hope that they don't move the couches when they clean here. I'm out of here in a week and I'd hate to get a bill for replacing flooring. My GLA stipend only goes so far, and I'm going back to school next term!" She shrugged, though.

"I'm going back on patrol. You can stay here or come with. I'm pretty sure you can keep up."

Then she thought... oh crap, I told Psyhawk to come here. She shot off a quick text.
"Going out on Patrol. Txt me back when you're available. This is really weird and for me that's saying something!"

@Gands @Ringmaster

"Better safe than dead." He said easily though he looked at her, head cocked to the side before nodding, once.

His hand raised to pluck his hat, returning it to his head as he spoke.

"If you see me again, ask to see me bleed. The Gentry bleed blue. I'll ask the same of you, should I see you again."

He inclined his head and asked. "Will your invitation here be standing, when I leave here?"

@Michale CS @Gands

"If you see me again, ask to see me bleed. The Gentry bleed blue. I'll ask the same of you, should I see you again."

He inclined his head and asked. "Will your invitation here be standing, when I leave here?"

"Wait... I thought you were gonna stay the night? And sure, whenever I'm around you're welcome..." She paused, blinking.

"Wait... I thought you were gonna stay the night? And sure, whenever I'm around you're welcome..." She paused, blinking.

"I am. But there's more to this world than expected. If I'm to survive? I'll need to make sure I know it."

And with a bow of his head, he stepped back out of sight and flicked the light switch to her kitchen, turning off the light.

And incidentally, vanishing in full sight with it, the only clue to his passing being a wisp of mist before it too, faded away.

Outside, The Gunslinger looked upon the city from the wall of the building. The lights, the sound...Like the rumbling of a beast that never slept.

He tensed and leaped off into the night and was soon gone.

Time to see what kind of monsters this place had in common with his own.

@Michale CS @Gands

"Oh... fudge. Fudge, fudge fudge! Fudge with no nuts in it!" That last caused the squirrels to recoil a little. Fudge with no nuts? Heresy!

She called and left a depressed voicemail for Psyhawk. "So... he's out there, but he does seem to be a good guy - but he scratched some doctor strange gobbledygoo under the couch in this rented room, I think it's protection stuff but I don't know. Sorry I lost track of him... well... bye."

@Gands

Azalia Ashburn

Leaning against the back right window of the cab Azalia gazed out. Fogging the window up she began to draw on it. "You know, I didn't think there were that many people in the world growing up." Azalia said suddenly. "Atleast, I remember... is it odd to not remember to much about how you were only years ago?" Azalia continued on. The drawings on the window were odd, many shapes overlapping one another in a symetrical way. The woman was in thought, and it even extended to her actions.

Eyes flashing yellow for a moment Azalia watched the cab pull up to the building from six different perspectives. "Well, they know something is different." Azalia said absentmindedly. The door she was leaning on suddenly opened without her touching it. Nearly falling out of the cab the woman caught herself just before she hit the ground.

Staring at the ground Azalia could see it with her own eyes. She was very close to getting a bloody nose, or worse. Blinking a few times she moved her hands down and realized she was partially floating. Several faint outlines attatched to Azalia's back were the only signs of her subconcious reaction. The energy stitching suddenly dissipated but she was already ready to catch herself. "Well, that was close." Azalia grumbled "I wonder which one opened the door. Didn't get a chance to figure it out yet. But, I will." Azalia said, her path now messed up. "It is different entering in a odd location. Where are the doors? Ill be fine from that point." Azalia asked putting her arms up in the air.
@Gands @Michale CS

"I wonder which one opened the door. Didn't get a chance to figure it out yet. But, I will." Azalia said, her path now messed up. "It is different entering in a odd location. Where are the doors? Ill be fine from that point." Azalia asked putting her arms up in the air.

"Here, I'll guide you." And Rin took Azalia's hand to lead her to the doors. The direct contact was, in retrospect, a mistake. She felt herself overfilling again, this time, she just channeled the power into her wand, being more prepared for it this time. It did, however, bulk up and look like a heavy mace now instead of the cutsey wand.

@Angelic Fusion @Gands

His first impression of New York City had been that of awe. That humans could mass in such numbers, could create such a wonder as this and more? It was incredible and he felt humbled to be among it. But away from the bright lights and sometimes, even within he came upon signs of how dark a wilderness it was, like any other. With its predators and monsters a-plenty.

In the dark, the flash of a saber with the blade reversed was the last sight many a would-be gang member saw. He hunted monsters, not humans after all. And though some were strange and others whose jobs could not be in doubt were despised, he knew what he needed to do, to become.

And then in Hell's Kitchen as he stalked its streets, something touched his senses and he spun, pistols in hand. Ebony Black and Ivory White handles were gripped, as he peered into the dark like a specter.

"....."

Something was watching him, and he was jumpy enough as is.

@Gands

Hercules Lion of Olympus

It had been several days since the clean up in Detroit. He felt a need to be among people, the good regular folk of New York. He had cleaned up the last of his goods from the apartment in queens and had decided to wander about the city for a bit. In many ways it relaxed him.

Then he heard something, men, fighting. One stood apart from the others. Even in Hercules opinion, the fellow looked a bit archaic. Then the fellow noticed him. Oops....

" Greetings "

The Avenger looked at the fellow with a smile. He was dressed in a black workman's kilt, with a wide strong looking belt complete with a big H buckle. Hanging from the belt was an extremely large holster in a pistol shape and a golden mace on the other side. He wore a finely woven red shirt and embroidered leather boots.

Hercules Lion of Olympus

It had been several days since the clean up in Detroit. He felt a need to be among people, the good regular folk of New York. He had cleaned up the last of his goods from the apartment in queens and had decided to wander about the city for a bit. In many ways it relaxed him.

Then he heard something, men, fighting. One stood apart from the others. Even in Hercules opinion, the fellow looked a bit archaic. Then the fellow noticed him. Oops....

" Greetings "

The Avenger looked at the fellow with a smile. He was dressed in a black workman's kilt, with a wide strong looking belt complete with a big H buckle. Hanging from the belt was an extremely large holster in a pistol shape and a golden mace on the other side. He wore a finely woven red shirt and embroidered leather boots.

It was rare the Man in Black had to look up to someone. But look up he did. His head tilted back, red eyes calculating and curious. A moment later, he holstered his weapons back to their places. Hands at his side, he spoke gruffly.

"Long days and pleasant nights stranger." He didn't expect the traditional greeting back, but judging from his looks? He sensed there was something more. That and the weapon didn't look like the usual sort used by the locals here. A moment later, he asked.

"Are you the lawman?"

@Gands