G

Gands

Original poster
upload_2017-5-4_22-41-46.png

Gotham City. Since everything changed, it went from being just another crime-infested pit of a city to being the capital of New Jersey - and still crime-infested. Only difference now, is some people get paid by the government to add to that infestation. Politicians. People who think that because people punched a piece of paper saying, I think you're right for this job, that gives them the right to do whatever it is they want, as long as their adoring public never finds out about it. Sometimes even after

upload_2017-5-4_22-53-46.png

Not that Gotham doesn't still have it's share of trashy, slum-ridden neighborhoods. It does, even with that fancy new monorail zipping all around town like some demented theme park ride. I gotta admit though, a lot harder to dispose of a body via train 'accident' when you have to get 30 feet up in the air to do it. These are the neighborhoods that I cover. For some reason, I, and a select few other people, lucky or not, can remember how things were before. There were no Avengers, no SHIELD, no Daily Bugle or Spiderman. Or... and this is going to sound crazy, but there's these turtle guys who live in the sewers across the river. I swear, I saw one. Wearing a mask. Isn't that rich? As if a little swath of cloth across your face was going to hide you were some sort of mutant half human half turtle. People here, they need answers. Thankfully, I can answer them. Who am I? They call me..."

upload_2017-5-4_22-55-40.png

" The Question "

This thread is part of the Epic Mashup clan, please go there and see how to get started.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Red Panda was considering calling it a night: after all, Tyler Fenwick had an appointment at Wayne Enterprises the next day. The situation looked like it was resolving itself into a sort of messy draw. It did not seem that whatever the Riddler had been planning had happened, and it seemed the Riddler was not going to be captured. With this not being his city and not his rogues, he was starting to wish he had arrived as Tyler instead so he learn about the effects of metahumans on Gotham and how he could build things to help the population there. Also, he saw one possible lead to the Riddler that Tyler would better follow.

All of that was not to be, for he was here as the Red Panda. He looked down on his pad, where so far base had so far only confirmed Batman's flying wing. Even after hearing Batman's voice, what difference? What did that mean?

He stopped right there: it meant that if he left here he would have to explain to Kit Baxter Fenwick how he passed on the chance to speak to Batman and meet all the predominately female heroes that had gathered.

Shaking his head at the realization that he was being motivated by the fear of the near hundred year old, The Red Panda raced to get to the Batwing sooner than the fallen metahuman could be safely loaded. Not much of a race really.

Seemingly coming out of nowhere, The Red Panda moved closed to the Batwing and announced himself. "Greetings from Canada, Batman."

• Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS
Lincoln Campbell

After a small amount of time where he was nearly exploded and had nearly fallen over, he had arrived in the cafeteria to find three cans of coffee. He examined them and finally went for the decaf for two reasons. One, caffeine was bad for him and two, it just seems like the least evil of the cans. He then finally found the door to let the hostages go. " Hostages are all safe, over."

@Michale CS @Gands @Camleen @others

Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

On the communicator...
"Thanks Sparkplug, get to the vehicle and meet Molly please, I'll get to you as soon as I can."

Grady was somehow very tired, more mentally than physically. He left the helicopter, hopping back down to the roof watching The Batman load Karo into the batwing.

Just before Red Panda marched up to introduce himself... to Batman...

" You know where to reach me Sir, I'd appreciate an update when you can. "

With that, the short walk to one of the Molly's. For the moment he ignores Red Panda, but makes a note for himself.

" Thanks for the help tonight. Can you do me a favor ? Get Sparkplug out of here and yourself with him. Meet me at the No Name Bar."

He hands the Molly a card with his Hero name CORVUS on one side with a phone number and her writes the address of the No Name Bar on the other side.

" I feel I owe the Molly's a drink tonight and definitely owe Sparkplug one. I will stay and take my lumps from GCPD. I'd rather not get you guys into their little books yet if I can help it. "

His town of voice is far different from the cool confident voice when Molly first talked to him on the roof. Likely Karo's severe injury has had it's own effect on him.

He goes and sits after that on the edge of the roof, waiting for GCPD and watching the batwing fly off. Then watching the two flying women put out Riddler's little fires. On his mind, did he just get Karo Killed ?

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen @Ms.Ezra @Kingof192 @thatguyinthestore @Angelic Fusion

KarolinaBanner002.jpg

As Molly begins to help Karolina, the girl seems to want to fight back. She almost seems to want to push away from her with her one good hand. But she just can't do that. Her instincts try to keep her safe from further harm. And she has no idea what is going on around her, not really.

The woman cries out softly as the sling is applied, her body stiffening. Molly, at this point, would notice that Karolina's body seems much warmer to the touch. Not hot, just way more warm than it should be. Her skin still pale, almost to the point of being the same shade as a piece of chalk. Molly's voice comes forth to try and reassure her, and Karolina's eyes flutter barely open to look in her general direction. Her normally sharp and bright blue eyes are dull, unfocused.

A little smile forms on her lips, tears still trickling down her blood-soaked cheeks. As she stares in Molly's general direction, her good hand comes up to Molly's cheek. She cups the woman's cheek as she speaks in a weak and shaky tone. "You came back… knew you would…" As if she had used up all of her strength, her hand falls from Molly's cheek, leaving a little bit of her gently shimmering blood on her skin (which she would apologize for if she could). But she continues to speak weakly, her breathing getting more shallow. Despite that, she seems to feel the need to force her words out. "Please… don't leave… me again Xavin… I love you… so much… my Xavin…"

She falls silent as she is loaded onto the gurney at last, and secured on said transport. Her strength gone, whatever reserves of energy she has is nearly depleted. As Grady mentioned earlier, she should have saved as much energy as she could. In case she needed it. And she did. When the fighting started she knew she was using more energy than she should have. But… well who sees something like this happening. She isn't aware of anything as the gurney is hauled away, her life hanging by a thread onto this world.

Tagging: @Ms.Ezra, @Michale CS, @Gands, @LuckycoolHawk9, @Angelic Fusion, @Kingof192

Lincoln Campbell/ Sparkplug

The first oath that you took when you became a doctor was the Hippocrate's Oath. Do no harm. He never felt worse today about breaking that oath twice. For having to unleash the sleeping gas on the hostage until clean up came and for not realizing sending Karoline out alone was a bad idea. He should have gone, he hadn't been doing much. He waited for the others to come get him as they went to the Bar with No Name.

@Gands @Kingof192 @Ms.Ezra @Michale CS @Angelic Fusion

r0yRrtX.jpg

Molly dissipated her remaining clone, took the card from Corvus, and left the rooftop in silence. She thought to run into the helicopter and beat the pilot senseless for what he did. Her better senses kept her going. The woman still looked to be itching for a fight. Or maybe it was rabies. You never know these days.

Her eyes lingered on the Batwing as it flew away, and once it was out of sight she booked it to her car. Bad first impression for a city and the police force after all. Molly gunned it out of there soon as she got to her car, and puts in the address of the bar. The diet could be shelved tonight. Her muscles were still tense, and her emotions high.

Karolina. She hadn't seen her since they were both girls, at the zoo. Their mothers had been friends, and the two of them had become fast friends. But then life just kept happening and she'd never seen her until tonight.

Molly entered the bar, and evidently being the first to arrive, took a seat in the corner. When asked, she only ordered a bowl of pretzels and waited.

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

Gotham city
Dark of night
A Bat Cave

Karo is drifting in and out of consciousness. She can see the Batman working on her. Pain of course is part of this drifting consciousness event. It is a room of darkness, blinking lights and computers. She thinks she can see the shadowy shapes of vehicles. She fades again into unconsciousness. The next thing she can hear, mostly hear, the voices belong to blurry shapes in a half conscious state.

" I need to know that she'll be alright, and that you wont harass her about her situation and her being here "

( Second Voice ) "I have given her some healing Batman, not a lot, according to your specifications. This will allow her body to heal in a timely basis in full recovery."

( Third voice ) "We have examined her to the full extent of our capabilities. DEO will not bother her as long as you keep a weather eye on the situation. I am also convinced that she has, as your people say, a good heart. "

She fades back into unconsciousness.

The next morning Karolina wakes up at the clinic where Lincoln has been working.

@Camleen

Gotham
No Name Bar ( formerly a villain hangout that was bought and cleaned out by Mac Macannally. Now heroes congregate here.)

A dejected Grady Murtaugh walks into the bar quickly finding Molly. Lincoln trails behind him.
They both recognize Molly and head towards her table. She would clearly recognize Lincoln, even from the brief contact.

"Hello there Molly."

Grady is not there as Corvus, but in his civilian clothing. He is in jeans, old style boots, leather belt, long sleeve wool shirt with slightly puffy sleeves. He walks with a cane.

" I have been told Tink will be okay, but that's all I've been told so far. "

Grady goes up to Bartender Mac and orders three Ales.

upload_2017-7-9_23-22-21.png

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Ms.Ezra @Angelic Fusion @Kingof192

Nightstar

Finishing the dousing of the fires she could the woman lowered herself down in the areas where the oil fires were. Generating her own green fire she caused it to envelope the spill of oil from one of the Asylums tanks. Eyes glowing green the heat in the room raged up as she began to vaporize the oil without causing any form of explosion. Having been looking around she had found calendars pointing to the year she was currently in. The more she continued to see this the more she realized she truly wasn't home any longer.

With a grand majority of fires taken care of with the exception of exterior hazmat issues Mar'i Quickly changed into the only clothes she found that could fit her decently. Despite looking like a clown with mix matched clothing she managed to do something good. Coming out of the Asylum she looked for the other meta that approached her earlier. Walking up to her Nightstar ran a hand through her soaking wet hair "Im not where I should be." the woman said making her conclusion. "The year is to... well I think I dont even exist yet. Its complicated but I need to go west. I don't know why I am tell you this but, its best someone knows incase something horrible happens to me."

With that she found clothes courtesy of the grateful firedepartment that actually fit her. She talked with them for some time about what occured and NightStar answered honestly. She had only arrived when bombs started going off and that she was rather happy that she did. If she wasn't there was no telling how much damage could be done to the asylum. Now snug in her new clothes the woman didn't seem to care that they were not matching. But, seemed relieved to have some form of clothing on.

Coming back over Mar'i smiled "Snug as a bug in a rug." She chirped out. Eyes beginning to glow green it was obvious the woman was growing excited. "This is going to be weird. I dont know you at all, but like I said, I think its best if someone else comes along. So, if you have nothing better to do and if you can keep up, you are free to tag along. Just be ready for possible yelling. I dont get along.... with.. well I don't know how it will be this time. I haven't see one of them for a very long time.. the other I would rather not see." Nightstar said as she prepared to lift off the ground.

@Gands

Namorita /Nita Prentiss

Gotham - Arkham

Nita too was flying about dousing fires with a big container. Between her and Nightstar the fires were out in no time at all.

Gradually she found Nightstar again. She listened while the other woman went on.

" I am kinda getting over something weird myself. But something has happened here in the last couple of years that makes what happened to you not as unusual as you might think. Also, before you fly off, where is it you are going ?

@Angelic Fusion

Nightstar

"We are going out west. To Titan tower, I need to find Koriand'r. I think they would be there now. It's weird... I don't know what exactly happened but I am not in the same year as before. Unless those several calendars were old." Nightstar said. Rising farther up She turned upside down "San francisco.".

"Can you fly? I mean would it be faster if we flew there or would we have to find another option?" Nightstar asked keeping her place in the sky.
@Gands

Last edited:
KarolinaBanner002.jpg

It's so loud…

She hears so much noise in her disturbed dreams. What sounds like a helicopter or something big like that… and then a deafening bang. And then… nothing. And it starts over. And over.

With a soft whimper Karolina's eyes flutter open. "jsmei… murrey ocks…" her brain is always a few minutes late waking up after her body does. She looks around slowly through half open eyes… okay this isn't her room. Oh God did she get drunk or high and go home with someone she doesn't remember? She starts to sit up, but cries out as the pain in her shoulder awakens her fully. She lays down again, and with wide eyes looks in the direction of her left shoulder. The whole of her arm is in a sling, and fastened to some kind of belt around her midsection.

She just stares in… well fear. She tries to move her arm again, and lets out another pained cry, her right hand instinctively reaching for the pain. And as she does, she notices a few IV's hooked up to that right arm. Which just freaks her out more.

"Someone…"

She says in a whimpering tone as she stares at the IV in her arm, and she feels tears trickling down her cheeks. She speaks in a soft and frightened tone. "What… what happened to me… where…"

Tagging: @Ms.Ezra, @Gands, @LuckycoolHawk9

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Nita Prentiss

"Well, I can get us a private jet.My cousin had one we can use. Plus, we can get you clothing that matches..."

@Angelic Fusion

Nightstar

Touching down on the ground immediately the woman didn't protest at all. "Sweet, I can call for pizza. Its a bonus I have nine stomachs. I feel like I haven't eaten in ages." Nightstar said with a laugh. "I actually dont have a phone. Could you call for something to be delivered to the plane? I can give you money for it when I get money. I just realized it burned in the fire." Nightstar said as the realization hit her.

Waving Nita on Nightstar flew at the womans pace as they made their way towards the airport. "I may fly alongside the plane. I actually enjoy flying alot. I mean alot... especially high up." Nightstar said with a smile. "I am just like my mother. Radiation is life and love. The more I soak up the stronger I get. But, I also just enjoy the fleeing of weightlessness."

Arriving at the airport Mar'i touched down and took the clothes given to her. Changing in the airplanes bathroom she rethought her idea of flying earlier. "I think I am going to take a nap. I have alot to think about. I don't even have a home... kind of. It was a nice apartment, now its run down. Its upsetting. It may have been bad... but atleast it was my normal." Mar'i said taking a seat and looking around for food. "Call me Mar'i, Mar'i Grayson. My mother is Starfire and my father is Nightwing... or maybe hes robin now. I guess we will find out. I wonder how old my mother is now. She isn't as young as me but, it is still going to be weird.

@Gands

Last edited:
r0yRrtX.jpg

Molly was about to eat one more honey mustard dipped pretzel when she saw this guy coming up to her table. Handsome. If she'd been in a better mood she'd have been flattered for this random stranger to come hit on her. She bit into her pretzel and prepared to tell this guy she wasn't in the mood.

"Hello there Molly."

" I have been told Tink will be okay, but that's all I've been told so far. "

"Oh, so you're him." Molly nodded. "Sparkplug." she said nodding to Lincoln.

"How did Arkham turn out? Those nerds get away, and that wimp in the helicopter play the victim even though he fired a goddamn anti-Hulk rifle at a young girl?" She asked, her grimace growing with each question. The next pretzel was bitten with a little more ferocity than necessary. "Jesus look at me, breaking my diet." She grabbed her ale when it came, and had a long drink, slamming it down.

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln looked around and saw the fire and realized something rather quickly while he waited. People were hurt, people were injured and he couldn't just leave them behind. It would be wrong as a doctor and a person to do this. While the others worked to diminish the flames, he helped as many as he could with his stitching. It was a small effort, but he had to do as much as he could to make things better. Once he had finished with that, he went to the bar. It felt good, but there was still the small nagging thought that he could have helped Karoline.

Lincoln stared at the alcohol for the briefest of moments and remembered all the pain that it caused him. He knew that Corvus meant well, but he looked forlorn. " I'm sorry, Grady, I can't drink right now. I promised myself that I wouldn't drink since the incident and I intend to keep that promise. I am going to go home, but please, enjoy yourself. I just can't," he replied, before leaving before the man could argue with him.

He woke up the next morning and went to the clinic. He hears Karoline and despite it not technically being his patient, he went over to her. " Hey, Kar, it's Lincoln. You got shot in the shoulder yesterday and you are at the clinic. It's good that you are awake. Do you want me to stay with you... or?' He hoped she remembered him.

@Gands @Camleen @Ms.Ezra

Grady Murtaugh aka Corvus

"Yeah, Riddler and Arcade got away..Gcpd did say they didn't think anyone else did, funny sinceneither Arcade or Riddler were guests of the Asylum at this time .. I traced their signal to a yacht. "

" I am suspicious about the two in the helicopter too. That woman, her first story was rescue attempt, the mans story to cops was prisoner transfer. He is a former felon who was in prison in Seagate penitentiary. "

He nods at Lincoln.

"All right my friend, call me in the morning please".

For a moment, he watches Lincoln walk away before turning back to Molly.

"Sometimes, not worth getting out of bed"

@Ms.Ezra @LuckycoolHawk9 @Camleen @Kingof192

KarolinaBanner002.jpg

Karolina continues to stare at her bandaged arm, still not remembering… well anything. Her gaze moves to her other hand as she holds it up in front of her… and she stares at it as she tries to shift forms. But… nothing… nooooooow she's starting to panic more.

Her gaze snaps to Lincoln in surprise when she hears his voice, smiling weakly for him. She then gives him an odd look "Why.. did ya introduce yourself? I know you, man.." but when he says she got shot… she feels her breathing coming in quick panicked reps. "I…w…w…shot?" She looks back to her shoulder, and she reaches to the sling and weakly tries to push it off. She might succeed if she still wasn't so weak.

With a whimper she slumps back in the bed, feeling tears still rimming her eyes. "Who shot me… someone shot me? Why don't I remember… I was.." she looks to Lincoln, and he would be able to see the distress in her features. "I told the lady on the communicator I'd be back to help her… then… then Grady said to stop the helicopter… I… I was flying to it.. and then I woke up here.." she whimpers softly again "Who shot me? It.. it really hurts.." That's quite the understatement.

"This is Amazing!" Said the well dressed but not thoroughly tucked Tyler Fenwick as he entered the bar without his Red Panda identity as he entered the door and looked around. Tyler was all light and smiles.

"Bartender, a round for everyone...please!".

Instinct, one of the many characteristics of an experienced adventurer and crimefighter. Tyler's was telling him he had seen some of the people here before. Well, no matter, because everyone here was equally interesting.

He had come alone, and was looking around the room, and they were all interesting. Some people here could be recruitable talent, some could be acquaintances, some could be danger.

He just sat by himself at the bar, even just bartender here could be a gold mine. He wondered who would come up and listened to what was going on. Far better prospects than working as the Red Panda with the bumbling heroes from before. Ah well, sometimes he didn't need the Red Panda to have a ticket to adventure.

" I am suspicious about the two in the helicopter too. That woman, her first story was rescue attempt, the mans story to cops was prisoner transfer. He is a former felon who was in prison in Seagate penitentiary. "

"Have a name? Face? Just in case I run into him again. Preferably with something fast and heavy. Like an ice cream truck. Revenge is best served cold, after all." Molly watched Lincoln have his moment, then leave. She didn't know what to say to someone who looked to be in emotional turmoil. Not quite something she'd picked up in her cram sessions. So she said nothing while Lincoln had his moment and left.

"What the hell." Molly shrugged and brought the third mug to herself, even though she was only halfway through her first. "No point in wasting it." She had a drink of her first, and a little of the ale dripped onto her chest. "Oh yeah. Forgot to stop off and get a shirt. Oh well. Doesn't look like anyone minds me here." She wiped off the ale with a napkin.

"Is this a regular thing here in Gotham? Lunatics take over the asylum?" She asked Corvus before taking another long drink.

@Gands